REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:20 PM   #8726
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyTheBandit
yeah no shit, the most expensive part of your kit. but somehow i forgot it and left my helmet by my bunk or in my locker. but it wasnt locked.. and when we are gone doing our training, they ran sacked our rooms. the flipped over the lockers, beds everything. and whatever fell out or wasnt secured, they took.

so when we got back it was like "wtf happend".. after about 16 hrs, you want to relax.. but your bunk is rolled over onto your locker and all your shit is everywhere.. and i when everything was back together it was like... "uh, anyone seen my helmet".. shit, they took it *gulp*

so i had to go down 1/2 between the 2 sections where the officers and mc's are and knock on there door.. and lucky me, i had a chat with the nastiest one lol

it wasnt as bad as the guy who lost one of his magazines lol
damn hey, the military sucks for that kinda bs. but i don';t thni k your ever leave your helmet unsecured
Advertisement
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #8727
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by girlcrazy_4
I quite like Shannon lake. Lots of good hills and you almost never take the same trail twice.
hey, those are my mtn biking trails, don't trash them too much, the one that follows the power lines up to the top of the mtn ridge is a pretty intense climb too
Old 12-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #8728
Okanagan Mod Team

I climbed one of those bitches in 4 low a few weeks ago, pipes will vouch, steepest thing ive ever been up/

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:17 AM   #8729
faster than hypa

i could never ever handle the army... i'd freak right the fuck out. people doing shit to piss you off and push you.. no thanks. if i wanted that i'd live with my parents.
RSUV #9
'03 suby; kills: 4 trannys, 1 motor, 1 turbo, 1 clutch.. sure the hell ain't a trailer queen
'08 summit xp 800R 154": mbrp and of course some clutching upgrades... i love this thing.
Smoke Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #8730
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by onetirefire
hey, those are my mtn biking trails, don't trash them too much, the one that follows the power lines up to the top of the mtn ridge is a pretty intense climb too
I tend to remember those hills quite well. I was expecting worse but they were pretty fun to climb. NO problems going up. There was one hill, about the same steepness as the powerline hills but went around corners and was full of these big gruves. Kept getting steeper and steeper till eventually I was in the powerband in 1st trying to keep the front wheel from coming up off the ground.>>> Never did make it up

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #8731
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
I climbed one of those bitches in 4 low a few weeks ago, pipes will vouch, steepest thing ive ever been up/
haha yea you almost cut my head off because i stopped half way up to switch my truck into 4low and you were right behind me .... it was about about 100x scarier coming down that shit though... you touch the brakes and you're going sideways it's so steep... this wasn't on snow either, just dirt
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:04 AM   #8732
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

are you guys talking about the hill climb thats in the open field area behind the golf course?

a couple months ago my buddy had his uncles farm golf cart and that whole area wa our territory. we did all the hill climbs around the smith creek area power lines no problem. as long as someone is on the back for traction you can climb almost anything. i was so suprised the type of terrain it could hit up.

one day we went from Smith Creek, to the top of the mountain, and then all the way right and just folllowed some trail that eventually came out down Bartley! we were so far up bartley on the trail that goes over the bridge (know what im talking about?)

fuck we had so much fun on that thing
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #8733
My homepage has been set to RS

I've been working my ass of lately.. 14 hour days mon-fri. kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #8734
Larger Than Life Mod

Watch this video: What in the?

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #8735
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KeloLuda
I've been working my ass of lately.. 14 hour days mon-fri. kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
hire me and ill take over half of that.

surgeon said if physio aproves next week, i can start looking to return to work in january finally.

now i need a job
Old 12-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #8736
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
where ya work at?

must be makin some good coin
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:33 PM   #8737

i work at The Brick. My job title is 'full-time warehouse'.. but lately I've been doing deliveries lately. It's hell on your body. Mike, with your hand like that trust me this is the LAST thing you'd want to be doing. i think it'd be hell on your recovery process. Yeah right now I'm making pretty decent coin, maybe $1050 every deuce weeks? I kinda exagerated the 14 hours mon-fri, somedays I do work that much though. On fleet we get paid per delivery, whereas in warehouse it's hourly. I'd say if you average it out I work 10 - 10.5 hours 5 days a week.. just today i worked 14 and was chapped.. haha

EDIT...

i think I owe you a few dollars Jon, if so just gimme a shout man.

Last edited by bluebomber85; 12-20-2004 at 10:36 PM.
bluebomber85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 PM   #8738

yeah we'll figure something out.. how much does the brick pay you hourly??

it reminds me alot like construction.. typically you would work at least 8hrs a day.. unless it was hailing or something and your ahead of schedule or whatever.. and than somedays shit would just linger on and on

during the concrete site, i remember working from 7:30 to 8:30.. that was my longest day. basically worked from sun rise to sunset. yay for pouring a foundation
Old 12-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #8739
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyTheBandit
it reminds me alot like construction.. typically you would work at least 8hrs a day.. unless it was hailing or something and your ahead of schedule or whatever.. and than somedays shit would just linger on and on

during the concrete site, i remember working from 7:30 to 8:30.. that was my longest day. basically worked from sun rise to sunset. yay for pouring a foundation
When we did a lot of regular residential jobs, we would work from 7AM-11PM 7 days/week in the summer installing air conditioners. Gotta love living in a desert. On top of that, no A/C in the van, and my job was to install the condensor unit outside in the blistering sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #8740
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Just a post that I posted in the vancouver burger thread...

I Work At BURGER KING And it SUCKS!!!

It really does...

Wopper wednesdays are $1.99..... YUM!

I order the same things EVERY day...

For breakfast I have: Eggs over easy, white toast, 2 fresh sausages, hashbrowns, and a pop.

For lunch I eat a combination of things: Usually a Fresh Tendercrisp on a broiler toasted bun thats been in the steamer... with 3x mayo, 3x SPICY, extra letucce plus onion, baccon and cheese. On the side I have a large iced tea, mozza sticks, poutine instead of the fries and thats it. Comes out to $11.74 before the discount. $6.50 or something after a discount

And on wopper wednesdays... ask for fresh meat... and specialize your burger somehow that way it hasnt been sitting on a heat chute for 20 minutes or so... ie: extra mayo etc,. I love mayo... I eat it spoonfulls at a time with chicken tenders... haha

and all our vegatables are fresh too. Tomatoes, onions, and letuce is in bags all pre washed. (not fresh I suppose)

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #8741

Quote:
i work at The Brick. My job title is 'full-time warehouse'.. but lately I've been doing deliveries lately. It's hell on your body. Mike, with your hand like that trust me this is the LAST thing you'd want to be doing. i think it'd be hell on your recovery process. Yeah right now I'm making pretty decent coin, maybe $1050 every deuce weeks? I kinda exagerated the 14 hours mon-fri, somedays I do work that much though. On fleet we get paid per delivery, whereas in warehouse it's hourly. I'd say if you average it out I work 10 - 10.5 hours 5 days a week.. just today i worked 14 and was chapped.. haha

EDIT...

i think I owe you a few dollars Jon, if so just gimme a shout man.

you think droppin off stuff for the brick is fun? try packin drywall for a living

Last edited by Canadian Rider; 12-21-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #8742
faster than hypa

packing drywall is pretty hard i heard
RSUV #9
'03 suby; kills: 4 trannys, 1 motor, 1 turbo, 1 clutch.. sure the hell ain't a trailer queen
'08 summit xp 800R 154": mbrp and of course some clutching upgrades... i love this thing.
Smoke Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:13 AM   #8743

my god! i feel like puking after reading your post girlcrazy.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #8744

let's just say in a normal day i personally will have moved about 30,000lbs of drywall into a house or building... since you get about 60,000 between two people.... sometimes it's easy... sometimes you have to go for looong runs and then through twisty houses bending these 300lb 12 foot boards through small hallways.... though for some odd reason.... i like it
Old 12-21-2004, 12:28 AM   #8745

you like it because you get a good workout durring the day and sleep good at nite (if you arent drinking).
Old 12-21-2004, 10:16 AM   #8746

ya.. moving dry wall was fun alright.. untill i tore my forearm muscle in half doing it :P
Old 12-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #8747

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
let's just say in a normal day i personally will have moved about 30,000lbs of drywall into a house or building... since you get about 60,000 between two people.... sometimes it's easy... sometimes you have to go for looong runs and then through twisty houses bending these 300lb 12 foot boards through small hallways.... though for some odd reason.... i like it
you think moving through small hallways is hard??? try moving 3/4" tongue and groove board across an entire floor, moving from joyce to joyce.. praying that you put enough hanger nails in to hold it up

after moving one, it feels like i just moved 10,000 lbs :P
Old 12-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #8748

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
you think droppin off stuff for the brick is fun? try packin drywall for a living
the thing is, we don't get to just drop stuff off. we un pack the shit, and huff it wherever in the house it has to go.. if this means benching a sony 65" over top of your head to clear a railing, it has to be done.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #8749

the first rebuilt KVR tressel is finished.

i feel less bad about them burning down now that ive learned that they have been rebuilt an average of 3 times already. so its not like they are the original ones. but it still isnt the same.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #8750

Quote:
the thing is, we don't get to just drop stuff off. we un pack the shit, and huff it wherever in the house it has to go.. if this means benching a sony 65" over top of your head to clear a railing, it has to be done.
heh i've definitly done quite a few pass ups... where we lift the board from the flatdeck of the truck up to a second story window...