REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #8751
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
heh i've definitly done quite a few pass ups... where we lift the board from the flatdeck of the truck up to a second story window...
i don't doubt it, your back probably hates you as much as mine hates me.
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2004, 05:59 PM   #8752
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Chandler
are you guys talking about the hill climb thats in the open field area behind the golf course?

a couple months ago my buddy had his uncles farm golf cart and that whole area wa our territory. we did all the hill climbs around the smith creek area power lines no problem. as long as someone is on the back for traction you can climb almost anything. i was so suprised the type of terrain it could hit up.

one day we went from Smith Creek, to the top of the mountain, and then all the way right and just folllowed some trail that eventually came out down Bartley! we were so far up bartley on the trail that goes over the bridge (know what im talking about?)

fuck we had so much fun on that thing
ah yes that road up bartley... i went up there one time with the goal of getting up to bear lake., drove for about an hour and a half and the road just kept on going and going.
but i know it connects up to bear main up there according to the backroads mapbook.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #8753
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by KeloLuda
the thing is, we don't get to just drop stuff off. we un pack the shit, and huff it wherever in the house it has to go.. if this means benching a sony 65" over top of your head to clear a railing, it has to be done.
Yeah, I wouldn't deliver furniture no matter what it paid. I bought a couch about 2 months ago and it wouldn't fit through my bedroom door. We took the legs off and it just barely got through...scratching the shit out of the doorframe. Not a fun task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #8754
faster than hypa

rexem since he was just mentioned in a earlier post is living in fort nelson now if you guys didn't know, and his gf is pregnant.. hes gonna be a papa! hehe.

lil interesting fact of where they are now

oh and hes still driving his crx!
RSUV #9
'03 suby; kills: 4 trannys, 1 motor, 1 turbo, 1 clutch.. sure the hell ain't a trailer queen
'08 summit xp 800R 154": mbrp and of course some clutching upgrades... i love this thing.

Last edited by Smoke Show; 12-22-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Smoke Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #8755
RS controls my life!

now that they do flights to fort nelson, mark and i will have to come up and see you guys and trev and mel's baby!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
WSODgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:56 AM   #8756
faster than hypa

woke up this morning, crawled outa bed to get dressed for work and i was thinking... damn its cold in here..... then i saw both the cats curled up together on our bed... i was a lil confused. then it hit me... fuck we have no heat. mad panic set in as i ran downstairs to check the furnace to see hte pilot light on but the blower motor not working. so i phoned into work. checked the breaker ran outside to see if no one had played with our gas valve or anything.. everything looked good. so i ran back upstairs to turn the water on so the pipes wouldn't freeze and ran out in the truck to the bank to get some cash and to get a number of a new plumbing and heating business thats just down the street. on the way back i saw his van was already running so i called him right away. the nice guy he was, he came down and flicked a switch and boom we had a furnace (someone knocked a switch i didn't even knew we had) and then walked upstairs to our other heater and changed one part on it that cost 7 bucks!.

hehehe..... oopss. oh well i talked veichles with him for a while and he wants a 6" lift for his new duramax and a chip so i'm gonna get a sale outa it!
RSUV #9
'03 suby; kills: 4 trannys, 1 motor, 1 turbo, 1 clutch.. sure the hell ain't a trailer queen
'08 summit xp 800R 154": mbrp and of course some clutching upgrades... i love this thing.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:59 PM   #8757
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
sounds like a good guy. most guys woulda charged you $700 and replaced half the furnace anyway.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #8758
Larger Than Life Mod

Yeah, some company looked at my furnace and said I needed a whole new regulator valve, which was around $500 plus labour. We just beat the shit out of it all last winter and it worked. Then this winter come up and it was still fucked, so i hit it, saw a spark, plugged in the loose wire and it's worked ever since.

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #8759
VLS Head Mod

<------ see my pretty new face, lol.. I'm back to my old self, lol
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:38 PM   #8760
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'm going to die, I squatted 300lbs and leg pressed 540lb today. That bed really look enticing right now...
Old 12-23-2004, 05:51 PM   #8761
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
sounds like a good guy. most guys woulda charged you $700 and replaced half the furnace anyway.
Yes, yes we would have. No, it wouldnt be that much, but its $80 just to get us there, and that covers the first half hour. And we don't replace any parts that don't need to be replaced.

Quote:
Yeah, some company looked at my furnace and said I needed a whole new regulator valve, which was around $500 plus labour. We just beat the shit out of it all last winter and it worked. Then this winter come up and it was still fucked, so i hit it, saw a spark, plugged in the loose wire and it's worked ever since.
That's how we fix them on service calls too. Don't tell anyone though or people won't need us.
Quote:
Old 12-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #8762
OK Head Mod

hmm so the entire city went fuckin nuts today.

and lucky me had to drop off a customer at the mall, and then pick him up later, took 15 minutes to go from chapters to the bay, and equally long times everywhere else..
That was probably the most stressful drive in a long time for me.. even beats the coquihalla in a blizzard on summer tires
Old 12-23-2004, 08:50 PM   #8763
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Currently Active Users: 32
There are currently 32 members and 0 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 4211 on 12-04-2003 at 05:36 PM.
2JZ-GTE, AdamsIROC-Z, AhBut, Alatar, bcrdukes, Chandler, Ci-V-iC, CRXTC, Danch, dobuck, electronblue, fantasdic, FatalCloud, goof, K'z, lude7, Machi604, res4ever, RSPECACCORD, SIR_J, Ta88gta, tdk, Trinity, yigabit, yoall, yugo

Smallest i've ever ever seen it.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:50 AM   #8764
TC-13*

Icy roads today. Wanted to go down the hill and hit an accident on Summit at the Highway ramp. I think a semi was turning onto the highway and either rammed somebody or got rammed. So I turned around and went back up summit and down Hwy. 5. Then there was another accident on Notre Dame. And apparently there was another one at the same time by Hasty Mart.
Quote:
Old 12-24-2004, 12:56 AM   #8765
I am Hook'd on RS

maaaaaaaaan. mike you came through on that photochop. holy shit is that evar teh funney. two thumbs up for stirring up the griffin's lair.
Jean Claude Trans Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:35 AM   #8766
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jean Claude Trans Am
maaaaaaaaan. mike you came through on that photochop. holy shit is that evar teh funney. two thumbs up for stirring up the griffin's lair.
oh shit

Old 12-24-2004, 02:23 AM   #8767
Rs has made me the man i am today!

My mom brought home a few old computers from work. One being a 4/66, another being a mmx166, another 486 and quite possibly a 800 *approx* when her new computer arrives.

So, My new computer is this 166mhz piece of crap. I took ou the 24megs of ram and swapped in 128megs. I am running windows 95 with a old school lan card and a 4gb hdd. Oh oh... the cr-rom is 4x MAX read speed... haha oh god is this thing slow. The ram sure made a difference tho.

The good thing is, is if I dont get this Nitro R/C for xmas, than I'm getting a buddies 733 w/burner for $100

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:24 AM   #8768

and if ANY of that made any sense... its been awhile sicne I've had any sleep. *notice the time this was psoted* ^^^

Old 12-24-2004, 02:43 AM   #8769
faster than hypa

wowzers... time for a upgrade
RSUV #9
Old 12-24-2004, 02:55 AM   #8770
faster than hypa

i can't believe how many people are browsing the ok off topic at this bloody time in the morning
RSUV #9
Old 12-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #8771

I cant seem to get msn working. anyone got any idea's? I put the win98 upgrade disk in and msn still dosnt work. It says msn cant conect to the internet... I was using msn 5 and now I have msn 6.2 installed but still no worky... idea's?

Old 12-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #8772
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
Icy roads today. Wanted to go down the hill and hit an accident on Summit at the Highway ramp. I think a semi was turning onto the highway and either rammed somebody or got rammed. So I turned around and went back up summit and down Hwy. 5. Then there was another accident on Notre Dame. And apparently there was another one at the same time by Hasty Mart.
was this last night or during the day? Going to work at 4:30 a.m. the roads were fine, also dry when I left work. Today they were good too. Maybe just in the Sahali/Aberdeen area.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:17 PM   #8773
Okanagan Mod Team

Theres NOTHING on TV.

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #8774
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
Theres NOTHING on TV.

I'm stuck watching Ernest Saves Christmas. haha.
"Know what I mean Vern?"

-Travis-
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #8775
Okanagan Mod Team

what channel>?

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote