REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

View Poll Results: Sexiest of the AGLY guys?
TigerSY 20 7.63%
SBassBOI 10 3.82%
CivicBlues 54 20.61%
Monster Hui 70 26.72%
CKMack 24 9.16%
Ronin 84 32.06%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #1176
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Since we're on the topic of Buddhist beliefs and ppl's spirits returning, I have a few:

2 nights after my parents died I had to take my sis to the ER cuz she kept passing out from what I thought was diesel poisoning (my family was in a boating accident, I was in Taiwan). Anyways, I was at my sis's bedside and all of a sudden her anxiety attacks stopped and she had this really calm look on her face. She said that my parents were standing right next to me and talking to her. I was still overwhelmed by everything so I naturally thought the worst and thought my sis was going crazy. Anyways, she starts to relay all the stuff my parents were saying to her, stuff like "We understand everything now... Don't worry, you 4 (children) are going to be fine.... Don't be scared..." It was the sort of stuff that my sister would never dream of saying but exactly what my parents would have said. She was looking right past me and smiling the way she would when she smiled at our parents. Wierd thing is, she doesn't remember this at all.

On the 7th day after the accident, I was in bed and dreaming that I could hear my mom trying to wake me up. I could smell her skin as if I was right next to her, but when I opened up my eyes she wasn't there.

For the Buddhist reasons, we had to burn ghost money and incense every week for 7 weeks after the accident. We always did this at the rocky outcroppinf at Ambleside Beach to make the offering to the ocean, since our dad's body was never found. On the 7th week (the last day we were to make the offering) it was an okay day as usual, but as we were burning the incense it started to get windier. By the time we had finished burning all of the ghost money, it was a full-fledged wind storm, with waves crashing up against the rocks and the splashes formed huge walls of water all around us, but the area we were still standing in was dry. THAT was pretty messed. Cool, but still messed.

Finally, about a month after the accident, my sis was home alone, taking a nap. According to the contemporary Buddhist beliefs, the ghost money allows the spirits to live a more comfortable afterlife. Anyways, my sister had this SUPER-DETAILED dream of how she got off at a bus stop and our mom was there to greet her. Our mom took her to this huge house and told my sis that it was purchased with all the ghost money we had burned (we burned tonnes.... it helped us cope). Our dad had an antique camera collection, and our mom finally had bought some nice dresses. She took my sis on a tour of the house, saying how there was already a room saved for each of us. She also met our "eldest brother", who had actually died at childbirth before I was born. Then she told my sis to tell us that when our time comes, we shouldn't be scared, cuz it's supposed to happen. Finally, when she said bye to my sis, she whispered in her ear, "See you in 2005."

And no, I'm not shitting you guys about this, so don't say I am. This is nothing to bullshit about.
Advertisement

Benzsport.com Autofest 2002 San Jose -
Cleanest Car award

Import Supreme 2003 Vancouver -
1st Place Benz Category

FS: pimp'd-out BENZ 300E ASAP

JDMachines Inc. - The Real Deal in Japanese Dream Machines
Importing high-quality JDM dreamcars since 2004 - <--not yet an official RS.net sponsor
willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:56 PM   #1177
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by willpower
Then she told my sis to tell us that when our time comes, we shouldn't be scared, cuz it's supposed to happen. Finally, when she said bye to my sis, she whispered in her ear, "See you in 2005."

And no, I'm not shitting you guys about this, so don't say I am. This is nothing to bullshit about.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:32 PM   #1178
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Then she told my sis to tell us that when our time comes, we shouldn't be scared, cuz it's supposed to happen. Finally, when she said bye to my sis, she whispered in her ear, "See you in 2005."
O_O;; omg! How does your sis feel about it? How do YOU feel about it?
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:25 PM   #1179
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Here's somethin' kind of coolios... heh... it's Jini from KISS...

And... here's the kicker... LOL... this is her AsianAvenue page...

Jini's AA Page

{InvisibleSoul}
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:02 PM   #1180
HELP ME PLS!!!

Even though she looks wutever there.. she seems down to earth... and I love her voice... hehe.. *sigh*

Jini rox
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 PM   #1181
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

what about my pics???
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:01 PM   #1182
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Dude, that first BoA pic is hot with a capital HOT.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:02 PM   #1183
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

i kno ur not shitting about dis cuz ppl shouldn't be lying about der parents dying n all dat....

but fuck man, that last part is fucken EERIE!!!

"see you in 2005" das 3 years from now.....

maybe u 2 are fine about it cuz u've lost so many loved ones but i still find that incredibly scary how the spirit of ur mom has giving u guys an ultimatum.....
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #1184
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wooho! spent me a whole night to read this thread!
Kim Ji Hye is GREAT.
Tai Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:17 PM   #1185
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronin
Dude, that first BoA pic is hot with a capital HOT.
yup``,
u mean the robox one right??
nice pic
Old 01-17-2002, 09:59 PM   #1186
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Cultus Lake

anybody heard the story of the lil boy who drowned in Cultus Lake 3-4 years ago? anyways we went camping up there 2 years ago in one of those RV. late at night 4 of my friends heard a lil boy screaming EXCEPT FOR ME. i didnt hear shit and they told me to listen but i couldn't hear it. they think its the lil boy crying for help.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #1187
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Re: Cultus Lake

Quote:
Originally posted by twisted_prelude
anybody heard the story of the lil boy who drowned in Cultus Lake 3-4 years ago? anyways we went camping up there 2 years ago in one of those RV. late at night 4 of my friends heard a lil boy screaming EXCEPT FOR ME. i didnt hear shit and they told me to listen but i couldn't hear it. they think its the lil boy crying for help.
Actually... i think it was more longer ago than that... cuz it happened while I was there for summer camp. So maybe around 8-10 years?

We were telling ghost stories that night with our camp counsellors in the cabin... and then we heard sirens, etc... And we found out in the morning that what happened was a van with a mom and her 2 children rolled backwards into the lake, etc etc...
Old 01-17-2002, 10:31 PM   #1188
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by itsallaboutgz
what if a toilet is built over a graveyard? would you anus be fuked up after u take a shiet??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aw common guys
ghosts, blah

need me and my friends to go like "disturb the ghosts" without respect and take pictures again?
anyone remember the house across from crofton manor? OooHhh scary. common
just kicked the door down went in and took pics and everything.

i still have em if u guys wanna see.. for those who dont remember.
Anywayz..too cold now. perhaps this summer ill go to the lighthouse.
oh i went to that werid burnt down house thing in richmond. the one with weird chinese charecters all over. i didnt go in it looked too dirty,dangerous and shit. tried to kick down one of the doors. too bad it was bolted on with a lock. but it was fun. we left after we couldnt find a safe place in.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:19 AM   #1189
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

that's freaky~!!!
i wonder what's going to happen in 2005....
Ichigo_Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:38 AM   #1190
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ImportAngel

that's freaky~!!!
i wonder what's going to happen in 2005....

yeah i kno
kinda scared wuts gonna happen 2 him n his sis if it does come true....
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:50 AM   #1191

here's a pic i took of my sisters when we visited out grandparents' grave in Taiwan last Christmas. Not shopped, but it doesn't look like a problem with the developing either.

Cleanest Car award

1st Place Benz Category

Importing high-quality JDM dreamcars since 2004 - <--not yet an official RS.net sponsor
Old 01-18-2002, 12:55 AM   #1192

about the 2005 thing, I was pretty freaked out at first, but my sister said it so calmly that I started to believe that if it's meant to be, then it's best. I doubt if anything's gonna happen, but if it does I won't mind. I kinda want to see my parents again Besides, if you ever read about me in the paper 3 years from now, you'll have a genuine RS ghost story to tell.... hell, I'll come back myself to haunt the site bwahahahahaha!!!

Cleanest Car award

1st Place Benz Category

Old 01-18-2002, 12:58 AM   #1193
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
here's a pic i took of my sisters when we visited out grandparents' grave in Taiwan last Christmas. Not shopped, but it doesn't look like a problem with the developing either.
yeah..but isn't that incense that you're burning there that makes the smoke?
Ichigo_Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:44 AM   #1194

here's a story that I saw on one of those Taiwanese ghost story shows... it took place right here in Vancouver!!

A group of friends, all Taiwanese around the ages of 19-25, were at Stanley Park taking an out-of-town friend on a tour of Vancouver. They didn't know this at first, but their friend had a history of being able to see ghosts. Anyways, they stopped at the Hollow Tree for some photos, but the tourist wouldn't move, and was just staring at the sharp left turn in the road right beside the hollow tree. The tourist then asked out loud (in Mandarin) "Was there a motorcycle accident here involving a Chinese guy around our age?"

Most of the Vancouver residents didn't know, but then one of the girls said that her ex-boyfriend's brother had died in Stanley Park while racing his motorcycle. (I personally also heard a story from my racing buddy who said his friends once saw a biker racing a Mercedes who was cutting him off and stuff... on the turn the biker edged to pass him on the outside, but the Benz clipped him and he high-sided into a tree, where apparently police found him with his helmet wedged into the tree trunk)

The girl asked the tourist friend how he knew, but ashamed of his sixth sense, he just said, "Looks like a dangerous place to ride a motorcycle, yet the same sort of place that would attarct sport riders." At that moment, everyone in the group started to ring and buzz.... their cell phones and pagers all going off at the exact same time. Surprised, they all checked their caller ID's or numerical messages and were confused as hell... they all saw the digits 00000000. They were even more dumbfounded after asking each other who had called when they realized that they all got the same displayed call. As they put their phones back in their pockets, they started to ring again. Again, the digits 00000000 showed on their screens. By this time some members of the group were getting a little scared, but others still weren't convinced. One of the guys then answered his phone... he heard what he described as loud revving noises, possibly from a sportbike. Skeptical, he thought that perhaps it was just a friend calling him from the street as a bike was ripping by. But then the sound of screeching tires came through, then a muffled scream and finally, a crashing sound.

Freaked out, this guy turned off his phone, as did all of the other friends. All through this, the guy from out of town was staring at a nearby tree. Without looking back, he said "Pick up your phone." One of the friends pointed out to him that all their phones were off. At that moment, one of the girls' phones went off, and unable to stop herself, she picked up. What she heard she later admitted she couldn't accurately describe, except that it was the most deathly chilling groans she had ever heard. She was unable to take the phone from her ears, even though she was screaming with fear. She described it as someone forcing her arm to hold the phone to her ear. Finally, one of the guys from the group grabbed the phone and chucked it against the Hollow Tree, when the battery popped off and the phone stopped ringing. That moment, even though all the phones were turned off, they started ringing again, but the terrified group of friends frantically tore the batteries off their phones to stop the ringing.

Genuinely horrified, the group ran back to their cars. They decided that they'd go back to Richmond for dinner. At dinner, they discussed and debated the possible explanations how their phones could do that, but they couldn't explain it. Eventually, the dinner topic turned away from mysteries, ghosts and cell phones and became a regular dinner of friends with jokes and past stories to tell. As all of them were laughing, the girl whose ex's bro died heard her phone ringing in her purse, and without thinking, she picked it up and answered it. "Hi ____ (the girl). It's me _____ (the ex's bro). I need to talk to my bro." Screaming, the girl shoved the phone into her purse, where she caught a glimpse of white inside her purse.... it was her battery.

Cleanest Car award

1st Place Benz Category

Old 01-18-2002, 01:48 AM   #1195

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportAngel

yeah..but isn't that incense that you're burning there that makes the smoke?
the stuff in the incense jar was already burnt... We had forgotten to bring incense with us that day, so the stuff in the jar was just the thin wooden sticks left behind after the incense is burned. The big black thing that appears to be sticking out of the jar is actually just the seam between the slabs of granite.

Cleanest Car award

1st Place Benz Category

Last edited by willpower; 01-18-2002 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:31 AM   #1196
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Old 01-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #1197
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i think my mom told me something about how after a funeral, when you leave the cemetary, you're not supposed to look back (to the grave of your loved one) cuz that way, your inviting them to come with you and they won't leave until you go back to the grave site and tell them that it's time for them to go and stay there or something like that.. anyone ever hear of something like that?
SweetKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:13 PM   #1198
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thumbs up

Very nice Eugene.....
Old 01-18-2002, 07:05 PM   #1199
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

since ImportAngel likes Mizuho so much....

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:05 PM   #1200
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

mizuho

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote