REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

View Poll Results: Sexiest of the AGLY guys?
TigerSY 20 7.63%
SBassBOI 10 3.82%
CivicBlues 54 20.61%
Monster Hui 70 26.72%
CKMack 24 9.16%
Ronin 84 32.06%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2002, 07:08 PM   #1201
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Advertisement

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:09 PM   #1202

one more...

My Feedback

Blah™
Old 01-18-2002, 07:09 PM   #1203
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:10 PM   #1204
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

choice between mizuho or eugene?

id pick eugene.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:11 PM   #1205

damn BOA is hot!!!!

so is this one,

they're both almost as hot as babyhearts...hahahha

My Feedback

Blah™
Old 01-18-2002, 07:16 PM   #1206
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hakkaboy
damn BOA is hot!!!!

so is this one,

they're both almost as hot as babyhearts...hahahha

BOA is hot?? hehehe..

KHS too, of course! btw, i uploaded that picture.

like my avatar?
Old 01-18-2002, 07:28 PM   #1207
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by willpower

the stuff in the incense jar was already burnt... We had forgotten to bring incense with us that day, so the stuff in the jar was just the thin wooden sticks left behind after the incense is burned. The big black thing that appears to be sticking out of the jar is actually just the seam between the slabs of granite.
and if u look at the pic where the smoke is and where his sister's faces are....

the smoke covers the guy on the left completely and when u look at his sis's face its like perfectly not covered

i kno it sounds wierd just look at it urself

btw that story about the taiwan group in stanley park.....its fucken scary...i can't imagine my fone doing that to me, but den again i dont have caller id so i guess thats da only good thing to it
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:42 PM   #1208
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch 28 DuDe

and if u look at the pic where the smoke is and where his sister's faces are....

the smoke covers the guy on the left completely and when u look at his sis's face its like perfectly not covered

true...but what's that supposed to mean tho?
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:43 PM   #1209

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetKisses
i think my mom told me something about how after a funeral, when you leave the cemetary, you're not supposed to look back (to the grave of your loved one) cuz that way, your inviting them to come with you and they won't leave until you go back to the grave site and tell them that it's time for them to go and stay there or something like that.. anyone ever hear of something like that?
Are u serious? *shrugs* I've never heard that before. >_<
Old 01-18-2002, 07:44 PM   #1210
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

OK... admit it, who else gets chills and looks behind them when reading these messages?
Old 01-18-2002, 07:47 PM   #1211

Quote:
Originally posted by willpower
here's a story that I saw on one of those Taiwanese ghost story shows... it took place right here in Vancouver!!

A group of friends, all Taiwanese around the ages of 19-25, were at Stanley Park taking an out-of-town friend on a tour of Vancouver. They didn't know this at first, but their friend had a history of being able to see ghosts. Anyways, they stopped at the Hollow Tree for some photos, but the tourist wouldn't move, and was just staring at the sharp left turn in the road right beside the hollow tree. The tourist then asked out loud (in Mandarin) "Was there a motorcycle accident here involving a Chinese guy around our age?"

Most of the Vancouver residents didn't know, but then one of the girls said that her ex-boyfriend's brother had died in Stanley Park while racing his motorcycle. (I personally also heard a story from my racing buddy who said his friends once saw a biker racing a Mercedes who was cutting him off and stuff... on the turn the biker edged to pass him on the outside, but the Benz clipped him and he high-sided into a tree, where apparently police found him with his helmet wedged into the tree trunk)

The girl asked the tourist friend how he knew, but ashamed of his sixth sense, he just said, "Looks like a dangerous place to ride a motorcycle, yet the same sort of place that would attarct sport riders." At that moment, everyone in the group started to ring and buzz.... their cell phones and pagers all going off at the exact same time. Surprised, they all checked their caller ID's or numerical messages and were confused as hell... they all saw the digits 00000000. They were even more dumbfounded after asking each other who had called when they realized that they all got the same displayed call. As they put their phones back in their pockets, they started to ring again. Again, the digits 00000000 showed on their screens. By this time some members of the group were getting a little scared, but others still weren't convinced. One of the guys then answered his phone... he heard what he described as loud revving noises, possibly from a sportbike. Skeptical, he thought that perhaps it was just a friend calling him from the street as a bike was ripping by. But then the sound of screeching tires came through, then a muffled scream and finally, a crashing sound.

Freaked out, this guy turned off his phone, as did all of the other friends. All through this, the guy from out of town was staring at a nearby tree. Without looking back, he said "Pick up your phone." One of the friends pointed out to him that all their phones were off. At that moment, one of the girls' phones went off, and unable to stop herself, she picked up. What she heard she later admitted she couldn't accurately describe, except that it was the most deathly chilling groans she had ever heard. She was unable to take the phone from her ears, even though she was screaming with fear. She described it as someone forcing her arm to hold the phone to her ear. Finally, one of the guys from the group grabbed the phone and chucked it against the Hollow Tree, when the battery popped off and the phone stopped ringing. That moment, even though all the phones were turned off, they started ringing again, but the terrified group of friends frantically tore the batteries off their phones to stop the ringing.

Genuinely horrified, the group ran back to their cars. They decided that they'd go back to Richmond for dinner. At dinner, they discussed and debated the possible explanations how their phones could do that, but they couldn't explain it. Eventually, the dinner topic turned away from mysteries, ghosts and cell phones and became a regular dinner of friends with jokes and past stories to tell. As all of them were laughing, the girl whose ex's bro died heard her phone ringing in her purse, and without thinking, she picked it up and answered it. "Hi ____ (the girl). It's me _____ (the ex's bro). I need to talk to my bro." Screaming, the girl shoved the phone into her purse, where she caught a glimpse of white inside her purse.... it was her battery.
Scary...When did this happen? At night? 'n was it a long time ago?
Don't you make a sharp LEFT turn around the Hollow Tree? Wait, is that tree the one near the edge and you drive AROUND it OR is it the one that's near a parking place (small)? 'cuz that tree actually has a sign on it.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #1212
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Re: Re: Re: Another one...

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportAngel

was it? kewlz...how did they do that? they took full-grown trees from a cemetary and put it on there? i haven't been to the house before..i should visit sometime..keke. i saw this run-down house in richmond with the windows and doors boarded up and everything. It was in a pretty remote area..now i forgot where it is
I've heard stuff about that house too! On the corner right? Except different from what you guys have been talking about. I heard that there used to be a family living there (before they rebuilt a new house there) and the daughter or something went and hung herself from one of the trees outside. And that's why it was haunted. And when they demolished the old house, the contractors didn't do anything to the actual foundation of the house or something so it's still haunted. But a bunch of Buddhist nuns live there now so it's supposed to be okay.

There were other stories before about how some reporters didn't believe that it is haunted, so they went and stayed in the house for a night. Stuff happened to them, like one guy would fall asleep on the second floor and wake up on the first or their bags would all mysteriously show up by the front door and stuff like that. Weird.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:05 PM   #1213

BOA is fuggin damn fiooooone
gramser57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 08:35 PM   #1214
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Old 01-18-2002, 09:18 PM   #1215
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally posted by Veleno
OK... admit it, who else gets chills and looks behind them when reading these messages?

I DO!!!

Old 01-18-2002, 09:20 PM   #1216
i like gifs

Quote:
i think my mom told me something about how after a funeral, when you leave the cemetary, you're not supposed to look back (to the grave of your loved one) cuz that way, your inviting them to come with you and they won't leave until you go back to the grave site and tell them that it's time for them to go and stay there or something like that.. anyone ever hear of something like that?
yeah my parents n family members told me dat during my uncle's funeral....but i couldn't resist cuz he was my uncle n he treated me so well, i luved the guy, almost like a frend, we could talk about anything without being scared of him telling my parents n shit, he was like a best frend 2 me
Old 01-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #1217
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer

true...but what's that supposed to mean tho?
if it was the incense's smoke then both faces would be covered normally cuz the sisters face is like perfectly NOT covered and smoke tends to have a greyish color to it not completely white.....
Old 01-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #1218

Quote:

if it was the incense's smoke then both faces would be covered normally cuz the sisters face is like perfectly NOT covered and smoke tends to have a greyish color to it not completely white.....
Nooo.. I know that. I was wondering what that would mean; something about his sis, etc? Would something happen to her?
maybe it's just fluke...no meanings? *shrugs*
Old 01-18-2002, 10:25 PM   #1219
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hakkaboy
since ImportAngel likes Mizuho so much....
no way..Mizuho is Tiger's girl
Ichigo_Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 12:52 AM   #1220
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:

hahaha... dude.. that's my other sister... the one that had the dream.

Quote:
Originally posted by Veleno
hahaha... ME!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer

Scary...When did this happen? At night? 'n was it a long time ago?
Don't you make a sharp LEFT turn around the Hollow Tree? Wait, is that tree the one near the edge and you drive AROUND it OR is it the one that's near a parking place (small)? 'cuz that tree actually has a sign on it.
I'm not sure... i just watched this re-enactment on the TV program... I watched the tape 2 years ago, but it was supposed to happen less than a year before that.

Benzsport.com Autofest 2002 San Jose -
Cleanest Car award

Import Supreme 2003 Vancouver -
1st Place Benz Category

FS: pimp'd-out BENZ 300E ASAP

JDMachines Inc. - The Real Deal in Japanese Dream Machines
Importing high-quality JDM dreamcars since 2004 - <--not yet an official RS.net sponsor
willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:11 AM   #1221
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Here's a true story...I'm pretty sure someone from here would remember it..it was all over the news a few years ago:

Well..this happened all in Surrey....On Scott Road, there use to be a pizza parlour that was owned by a man who was involved in the drug-dealing business. Well, I guess there was a deal that's gone sour and people were after him. One night while he was cleaning up his little pizza parlour, a man came in and threatened him. After refusing to meet his demands, the man jumped at the pizza store owner...

Shortly after, police had arrived at the scene and found the pizza store owner chopped up into pieces and cooked in a pizza oven.

creepy~! and I saw the stuffed pizza box on TV~! luckily they caught the man that did it..and my high school teacher told me a while ago that they sold the pizza oven to some other restaurant....
that's a very true story, although you have your facts mixed a bit. there was never any mention of any drug business, i think it was some family problems and it was like the owners father in law in the oven or some shit like that. it was the old pizza king restaurant on the corner of scott and 88th. and they never caught the guy who did it, well, he didn't get charged at least.
hondapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:25 PM   #1222
i like gifs

if u ppl wanna hear more ghost stories about vancouver etc...

listen in on da radio 2nite frum 11:30pm-1am

frequency: AM 1470

its cantonese speakers tho, so chinese ppl will have no probz listening 2 it haha
Old 01-19-2002, 09:28 PM   #1223
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
What if you go overseas, you think the ghost can hover over the ocean?
Old 01-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #1224
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

no way..Mizuho is Tiger's girl
BoA is my girl
Old 01-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #1225
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerSY

What if you go overseas, you think the ghost can hover over the ocean?
ppl have seen ghosts that dont walk and even have feet all they do is float..