REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #1001
VLS Head Mod

also check out northwest airlines as they fly from vancouver too. I used them for my trip to hawaii back in oct and liked them.
Advertisement
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #1002
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityPimp View Post
Well considering last time I went, the flight was direct from vancouver to Vegas it was about $500 for airfair and hotel. That was in July-August too.

Just wanna know if there are any places that possibly could match or be in a close price range for the price I'm getting now. Because I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra to fly from Vancouver.
I've found that Phillipine Airlines is the cheapest airline flying from Vancouver to Vegas. They don't fly down to Vegas every day though

Roll That Shit, Light That Shit, Smoke That Shit!

Quote:
(told to me by the stupidest person in the world)...
'Yeah, i've been to taco time before, but i got in trouble...I had a Mexican girlfriend who wanted to go to a mexican restaurant for our anniversery, so i took her to Taco Time"
91LS-VTak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #1003
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Hey guys need a little help,

Im planning to go late November for 4 nights and this is what I got so far

$302 flying with Allegiant Air for 2 people. ($58 each way / person)
Trip Price = $232.00
Taxes & Fees = $70.40
Total Cost $302.40

Staying at MGM
1 Grand Tower Room 4 nights $260.00
Taxes: $31.20
Total: $291.20 USD

So my airfair and stay will cost about $622.

My questions are, does anybody know if it's possible to fly from Vancouver for about the same price? I mean I gotta pay for gas and pay for parking for 5 days. Anybody know where's a good place to check?
On expedia.ca, you can book from Nov. 13 - Nov. 17 (4 nights) flying from Vancouver, staying at MGM for $622.

edit: oh wait, you're paying $622 total flying from Bellingham. My price is $622 per person! Oops!

Roll That Shit, Light That Shit, Smoke That Shit!

Quote:
(told to me by the stupidest person in the world)...
'Yeah, i've been to taco time before, but i got in trouble...I had a Mexican girlfriend who wanted to go to a mexican restaurant for our anniversery, so i took her to Taco Time"
91LS-VTak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #1004
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys need a little help,

Im planning to go late November for 4 nights and this is what I got so far

$302 flying with Allegiant Air for 2 people. ($58 each way / person)
Trip Price = $232.00
Taxes & Fees = $70.40
Total Cost $302.40

Staying at MGM
1 Grand Tower Room 4 nights $260.00
Taxes: $31.20
Total: $291.20 USD

So my airfair and stay will cost about $622.

My questions are, does anybody know if it's possible to fly from Vancouver for about the same price? I mean I gotta pay for gas and pay for parking for 5 days. Anybody know where's a good place to check?

Another question is, I want to watch a couple of shows, where would I be able to find good prices for shows? I would really like to watch Blue Man Group and a Cirque Du Soleil (I have already seen "O", I heard Ka is really good).
Around $622 for 2 people from Vancouver probably unlikely but this is the best I've found so far by doing a really quick check.

5 days/4 nights Nov 20-24 (Fri-Tues)

Luxor - $571
Planet Hollywood - $601
Ti - $613

Taxes included leaving from YVR. Mind you this is per person not 2 like your deal.

There are some that were cheaper but they were hotels that were on the strip that I wouldn't stay at personally like Imperial, Circus Circus, Paris, NYNY, and Monte Carlo but I'll post the price anyways.

Monte Carlo - $549
NYNY - $599
Paris - $596
Imperial - $491
Circus - $488

Yea and this was all from travelocity.ca

In terms of Cirque shows I've seen bunch of them

O - sick!

KA - Me and my gf were both excited to see it was but dissapointed. No joke we both fell asleep for a few minutes at one point. There were some really sweet parts but also there was this one part where it just dragged like a mofo and I fella sleep lol. I know lots of people who have watched KA and opinions are mixed. Some like it some didn't.

Mystere - it's aight not too shabby id say but not great.

Chris Angel - haven't watched personally but hearing from people who have watched it and reading reviews I've seen nothing but BAD reviews. When something only gets bad reviews you know it sucks lol

If you like magic Shows that dude at Monte Carlo I thought was not to bad and the price was relatively cheap too for Vegas show wise from what I recall.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #1005
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Around $622 for 2 people from Vancouver probably unlikely but this is the best I've found so far by doing a really quick check.

5 days/4 nights Nov 20-24 (Fri-Tues)

Luxor - $571
Planet Hollywood - $601
Ti - $613

Taxes included leaving from YVR. Mind you this is per person not 2 like your deal.

There are some that were cheaper but they were hotels that were on the strip that I wouldn't stay at personally like Imperial, Circus Circus, Paris, NYNY, and Monte Carlo but I'll post the price anyways.

Monte Carlo - $549
NYNY - $599
Paris - $596
Imperial - $491
Circus - $488

Yea and this was all from travelocity.ca

In terms of Cirque shows I've seen bunch of them

O - sick!

KA - Me and my gf were both excited to see it was but dissapointed. No joke we both fell asleep for a few minutes at one point. There were some really sweet parts but also there was this one part where it just dragged like a mofo and I fella sleep lol. I know lots of people who have watched KA and opinions are mixed. Some like it some didn't.

Mystere - it's aight not too shabby id say but not great.

Chris Angel - haven't watched personally but hearing from people who have watched it and reading reviews I've seen nothing but BAD reviews. When something only gets bad reviews you know it sucks lol

If you like magic Shows that dude at Monte Carlo I thought was not to bad and the price was relatively cheap too for Vegas show wise from what I recall.

Thanks, I guess I'll stick with what I got, seems like i'm saving half the price for flying from Bellingham.

Yah I watched "O", it was pretty good but that was my first and only Cirque Du Soleil show.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #1006

Quote:
Thanks, I guess I'll stick with what I got, seems like i'm saving half the price for flying from Bellingham.

Yah I watched "O", it was pretty good but that was my first and only Cirque Du Soleil show.
Np mang. Yea with the price your getting it would be really difficult to find the same price here.

O was your first and only show huh. I've watched like 5 different ones so far and imo if your down with that whole Cirque Du stuff then definitely check out some other ones for sure. Just stay away from the Chris Angel one lol. Zumanity isn't for everyone too cause it's like the so called XXX version. I mean the girls sure but the guys no thanks lol.

Have fun.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #1007
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Np mang. Yea with the price your getting it would be really difficult to find the same price here.

O was your first and only show huh. I've watched like 5 different ones so far and imo if your down with that whole Cirque Du stuff then definitely check out some other ones for sure. Just stay away from the Chris Angel one lol. Zumanity isn't for everyone too cause it's like the so called XXX version. I mean the girls sure but the guys no thanks lol.

Have fun.
LOL I was thinking about that one too! I might have to reconsider it if we're both thinking the same thing.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #1008
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:

Have fun.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #1009
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Question, guys & gals

my family will be heading to LV next week.
They have 5 people on board.
Will they better off take a taxi or pay $12US each for Shuttle Bus to Planet Hollywood Hotel ?

Thanks
BU
Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #1010
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
Question, guys & gals

my family will be heading to LV next week.
They have 5 people on board.
Will they better off take a taxi or pay $12US each for Shuttle Bus to Planet Hollywood Hotel ?

Thanks
BU
Cab would be way cheaper...unless the shuttle offers discounts for more than one person.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #1011
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Last trip we fit 4 adults and luggage in a minivan taxi - 5 people should fit.

It usually works out to $15-$20+tip to a hotel on the strip.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #1012
RS controls my life!

I read somewhere that cabs will only take 4 people max (even vans). Taking 2 cabs will still be cheaper than taking the shuttle. I would avoid the shuttle completely. It takes longer because you have to go to a whole bunch of other hotels too.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #1013

LOL just a side note if your taxi ends up going onto the highway you know you got ripped off already going to your hotel.

Airport to hotel especially if your hotel is at the bottom of the strip like MGM for example it's ridiculously close by car. With no traffic it's literally like a few minutes and your there.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #1014
Director of RS Cares

^i did some research on the cost of bus/monorail/taxi for las vegas (ex. when we went to the outlets) and personally i feel taking a taxi is the cheapest and most convenient!

the monorail is approx $5 ONE WAY and the stops are usually behind the strip. the bus is about the same price but it will take about an hour just to get down there. while a taxi is about $15-20. if you split the costs between everyone it comes down to like...$4. plus you meet some of the most awesome taxi drivers in lv!
Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #1015
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

a few cab rides up and down the strip per day can add up. I usually just go to Hertz and rent a mustang for $60/day. Vegas is like a second home to me so I tend to go off the strip a lot.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
^i did some research on the cost of bus/monorail/taxi for las vegas (ex. when we went to the outlets) and personally i feel taking a taxi is the cheapest and most convenient!

the monorail is approx $5 ONE WAY and the stops are usually behind the strip. the bus is about the same price but it will take about an hour just to get down there. while a taxi is about $15-20. if you split the costs between everyone it comes down to like...$4. plus you meet some of the most awesome taxi drivers in lv!
Werd, so many options for sure. Taxi is always a decent option if you got a bigger group to split. Just happens the last 3 times i went it was with my gf so of course either I or her pay for it all and it ends up getting pricey. Totally agree with the monorail thing too I hate taking it and then having to hike from the rail to the back of the hotel and then make my way through the entire hotel in order to get back to the strip. Oh yea some of the taxi drivers are quite awesome haha.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #1017
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
a few cab rides up and down the strip per day can add up. I usually just go to Hertz and rent a mustang for $60/day. Vegas is like a second home to me so I tend to go off the strip a lot.
yeah and u can go anywhere
Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #1018
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
yeah and u can go anywhere
Ya but then someone has to stay sober.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #1019
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Just saw this posted on RFD.

http://www.allegiantair.com/FlyFreeL...FreeLASNov2009

SALE ENDS NOVEMBER 18TH!
For a limited time, buy one air/hotel package and the second person flies free*:

* Minimum 2 night 2 person hotel package purchase required
traveling on the same itinerary
* Purchase by November 18, 2009
* Travel through May 31, 2010
* Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets
* Taxes, fees, and restrictions apply
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #1020
My homepage has been set to RS

^ they have some blackout dates, im heading to Vegas for NYE, so no go

anyhow, do you guys know whats the best/cheapest grand canyon/HD bus tour to take.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #1021
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post

anyhow, do you guys know whats the best/cheapest grand canyon/HD bus tour to take.
we ended up just renting a car
was better and faster
Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #1022
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Off in 8 days! Woohoo!
For Grand Canyon it's probably best just to rent a car and drive yourself, that's what we are doing.
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #1023
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post

I took a tour last year (around December) to the Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam. Bought it from the Half Price ticket places that sell last minute tickets for shows. Ended up being around $120. Covers admission to the Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam, and breakfast and lunch. (Doesn't include the Skywalk at Grand Canyon though)

Thought it was a decent deal, but if there's more than just one or two people going, you might want to drive instead.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #1024
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubya View Post
Off in 8 days! Woohoo!
For Grand Canyon it's probably best just to rent a car and drive yourself, that's what we are doing.
what hotel u at ?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #1025
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
what hotel u at ?
Staying at Planet Hollywood, booked through Allegiant.
Anyone stayed there before?
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote