REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 06-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Moving to Vic in 2 weeks, hoping to get a transfer to the same salon... however, if I don't get it, anyone know of any hair salons hiring for stylist??
Advertisement
Down2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

Help Wanted

Villages Pizza is desperately looking for delivery drivers. It's a pretty easy job and the tips can easily double your hourly wage income. Wages start at $8.00/hr and increase regulairly after that and drivers get to keep all their tips, less 10% for kitchen tip-out, and $1/delivery to pay for gas. Also, you get kitchen experience as a prep chef and doing other miscelaneous kitchen duties. All you need is your own car, a reletivly clean driver's record (right now we're not all that picky), and the drive to join a fun and youthful team and make some easy cash.

If you're looking for a first job, secondary job, or just a good way to make some extra cash during the summer contact Codie (Store Manager) at the Cook, Cloverdale, Quadra Villages at 389-0027 or drop by with a copy of your resume and a driver's abstract.

Last edited by Black Orpheus; 06-12-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Black Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Orpheus
Help Wanted

Villages Pizza is desperately looking for delivery drivers. It's a pretty easy job and the tips can easily double your hourly wage income. Wages start at $8.00/hr and increase regulairly after that and drivers get to keep all their tips, less 10% for kitchen tip-out. Also, you get kitchen experience as a prep chef and doing other miscelaneous kitchen duties. All you need is your own car, a reletivly clean driver's record (right now we're not all that picky), and the drive to join a fun and youthful team and make some easy cash.

If you're looking for a first job, secondary job, or just a good way to make some extra cash during the summer contact Codie (Store Manager) at the Cook, Cloverdale, Quadra Villages at 389-0027 or drop by with a copy of your resume and a driver's abstract.
If it's anything like before, they also pay 50 or 75 cents per delivery for gas.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #54

^^^

Edited, thanks.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #55
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Orpheus
Help Wanted
How flexible are they? I already have one job, but Im looking for something for a lil extra spending money. But I'd have to work around the shifts I get at my primary job, and its not a 9-5 kinda job
Scandalous Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #56
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Help Wanted

Looking for full time and part time Drivers and Casheirs at the Lordco in Langford, located at 2901 Jacklin Road in Langford, BC.

Must have Class 5 Licence (sorry, no N's!) and have a good attitude about work, and working as a team (a good attitude about life would help too!). Positions availible Immediately if not sooner.

Resumés and Driver's Abstract (availible at most ICBC offices) to Carl White, availible Monday - Friday, 8am till 5pm at Lordco.

Liking cars helps too!

Good discount on every kind of parts!!!!!

If you have to, PM me for more info - but Seriously, GO SEE CARL!!!!!!!!

2003 Jetta wagon surfboard transport/oil burner
gracefallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #57
Sick motherfucker mod

Help Wanted

Experienced pizza cooks are wanted at Romeos in Broadmead. Bring your resumes in and speak with our manger Doug. Depending on your speed pay will be generous and competitive.

Drivers wanted. Bring resume with drivers abstract and you will almost certainly be hired on the spot. Must have own car. Pay is pretty decent.
$8/hour +$1.15 per del taken in your own car + $tips -2% for kitchen. Take home on an average night is between 35-50+ wages, thrus/fri/sat take home is between 50-80+wages. Great team atmosphere and I'll be your trainer

Last edited by rental_metard; 07-01-2006 at 12:07 AM.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #58

Team Sales on Burnisde (across from Lordco) has a sign out front for shipper/receiver
-Rik
Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #59
Island Mod

Help Wanted:
Lube Tech at Honda City.
Drop off resume with Craig Hygh in Service. Starting wage I assume is around $9-9.50 range. Do need some own tools.

Edit: oh yeah, full time, not sure if its temp position or not though

Last edited by projectcivic; 07-04-2006 at 01:22 PM.
projectcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #60
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by projectcivic
Help Wanted:
Lube Tech at Honda City.
Drop off resume with Craig Hygh in Service. Starting wage I assume is around $9-9.50 range. Do need some own tools.

Edit: oh yeah, full time, not sure if its temp position or not though
someone quit? or taking over kevins spot?

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #61

adding.

-Rik
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #62
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Looking for part timer at Cotton Ginny in Tillicum Mall. Sarah (Project civic's gf and i both work there) keyholder starts at $8.30 an hour, non keyholder $8/hour i believe....pretty easy laid back job if you have good selling skills. Never seen a guy work there (Since its a womens clothing store)....so this posting is for the women Deal with alot of over weight and old women...so if you are fine with that and non judegemental then come drop a resume off Managers name is Cori, she is pretty nice....likes someone who is outgoing, and honest.

- Vikki
RSVC #2
I'm not mean you're just a sissy :cool:
...::GhettoPrincess::... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #63

FULL TIME WAREHOUSE PERSON

McLaren Lighting is looking for a Full-Time warehouse person to work as a Receiver/Shipper etc- WILL TRAIN. Needed ASAP.

We are a busy Lighting Showroom that does retail and commercial sales. I am looking for someone who is motivated and organized- warehouse/receiving experience isn't necessary as long as you are willing to help, learn and be part of the team. A positive attitude is a must. It is a fun environment to work in and a great company to work for- but we don't want to be constantly investing time in reminding people they are there to work- be a self starter.

We can receive anywhere from 10-50 pallets of lighting fixtures a week, and need someone who can accurately sort and receive stock shipments, fill customer orders, ship interbranch stock orders to our Nanaimo store and put away stock.

Other duties can include lighting fixture assembly for showroom display, warehouse cleaning/re-organization. You might be required to make deliveries in the company van, so a driver's license is required. A bit of mechanical aptitude is a big benefit. Our warehouse has two floors, so there is a lot of carrying boxes up and down stairs.

The job pays salary with a good benefits package after 3 months. It is a 8:30am-5:00pm shift that includes working Saturdays. We are closed Sundays so you get Sundays and a day during the week off.

Although it is a warehouse position our company is primarily a retail location so shirts are supplied and you are expected to look presentable while working. If you are interested in dropping off a resume, come in looking like you are applying for a job at a retail location- not like you just came from the gym. (Business Casual)- You'd be suprised how many people drop off resumes in ripped shorts, dirty t-shirts and running shoes and a hat. Presentation goes a long way.

The location is 3400 Douglas Street. We are closed Sundays, but are open Monday morning at 8:30am. PLEASE BRING A DRIVER'S ABSTRACT. There is currently an ad in the Times Colonist with instructions to bring it.

We'll be accepting applications all week. Please ask for Warren when you come in. Hope to see some of you!

Last edited by Warren; 07-15-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #64
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I have accepted a new job, so Camosun has just put up a posting to look for my replacement. This posting will be up for a week:

http://www.camosun.bc.ca/hr/_documen...istant%20I.pdf
Old 07-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #65
B&S Sexy mod

Thrifty Foods Produce Department in sidney is still hiring, starts at $8.00 an hour, $0.50 raise every 500 hours worked, they're pretty good about working around school schedules and the like, and are hurting for employees at the moment.
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #66
Hypa owned my ass at least once

im commin down to vic on sept 1st and ill be looking for a job (of course.) prefer working with cars (something at honda would be awsome). other then that i have landscape experiance (irrigation system installs ect), about 50+ bobcat hours 100+ excavator hours. worked at save on foods for 3 + years 2 of which i was a lead hand (supervisor) id rather not go back to a grocery store.

10+ an hour would be nice (id be making 15 if i stay here)

FS 2000 civic DX B16A swap $3200obo
http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-20...48#post7309348
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 PM   #67

Hiring: All Canadian Pizza (soon to be Kili's Pizzeria)

For those that don't know, the pizza place is right on the corner of Pandora and Cook, we do by the slice as well as regular take out/delivery. We've got a new menu coming up soon with some really great pizzas and good deals. It's a family business, my parents and I own and operate it.

Ideally we want to have someone who can deliver as well as work behind the counter. It'll be $8/hr plus $0.50/delivery for someone new, $9/hr plus $0.50/delivery for someone with experience. This isn't a dead end, as we do better and you stick with us you'll be paid more. I've been stuck in shitty paying shitty jobs before and I wouldn't ever wish it on anyone, so that's not how it'll be here. Sure you can get a little more per delivery elsewhere, but you'll be delivering a lot farther, and chances are you won't get any raises.

So, a [reliable] car isn't a must, but it's definitely very high on the asset list. Experience is also an asset. Foodsafe is a must, if you don't have it, you'd have to get it. It's an inexpensive, short, and extremely easy course.

This would be evening work, with the possibility of moving to a daytime shift as things get going (we'll be opening as early as 11am on weekdays once our new menu comes out). Weekend availability is also a must. I wouldn't expect anyone to give up every weekend, so we can certainly work something out like working every 2nd weekend, but less than that won't fly.

A great deal of housing surrounds the pizza place, so the majority of the deliveries so far have been to the surrounding area, and we'll soon be distributing several thousand flyers also only to the immediate area, so deliveries will be quick and wear on the car will be minimal (I've actually walked a few of the deliveries because they're so close).

So to sum up, the duties include:
-Serving people at the counter
-Taking orders over the phone
-Making pizza
-Cleaning (pizza trays, floors, etc)
-Delivering pizzas

We're not looking for a workmonkey, everything you'd be doing we already are, and will still be doing, including cleaning and any other unsavoury job that comes along.

If you're interested reply here, find me on msn, aronnimani (at) hotmail.com, or come on by the pizza place anytime in the afternoon/evening and ask for me, Aron. I''ll be there all day every day this week but Wednesday.
Relyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 PM   #68

Well that was fast. Position's filled for now.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #69
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Wanted: Driver for small Auto Parts store. Perks include working with me, delivering great parts to great places, and a general great place to work.

Bring resume to Chris at Bow Wow Auto parts @ 575 Hillside ave. and apply today!!

PS: Must deliver in own car, but you get paid mileage and the discount on parts is AMAZING!!!

2003 Jetta wagon surfboard transport/oil burner
gracefallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #70
I am Hook'd on RS

Pacific Mazda (Victoria) has 2 openings, one for a full time lot attendant and another for a service wash person.

In the wash job you basically wash cars and park them, help out with random things in the shop.

Lot attendant entails merchandising cars; setting them up in lines, displays, moving stock around the lot, picking up new car deliveries from sannich, booking in new cars off the truck. Also detailing sold cars which will be sent out to customers, pumping gas for them .

Both jobs I believe are 9.50 to start. If anyone is interested in these please send me a PM. Clean drivers abstract is preferred. Also if your decent at parking (very little parallel parking, mostly backing vehicles in) thats a big plus.
CRXGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #71

Im starting school soon (sept 5th) and i have to quit my fulltime job. I need something for evenings and weekends, i have a stack of resumes ready to go. Anyone know hows hiring. NO pizza delievery though.
-94 DX Coupe, JDM SiRII B16A, LSD, 300hp axles, DC header, built head, Tokico 4 corners, FullRace B-series traction bars, AEM intake SOLD :D
-91 Toyota Supra 2.5 TT-R
-92 SC400 VIP, far too much to list
-91 VW Golf GL *Dusty DUB* SOLD :)
-88 Mazda RX-7 FC3S 13b Built- :( R.I.P
-85 Camaro IROC-Z28, 350- Sold :(
V.I.Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #72

We're desparately looking for someone to fill our full time (9:00AM-5:30PM, Monday to Friday) position at the Dairy Queen in Oak Bay. Previous restaurant experience an asset. We're looking to get you trained before the start of school so get those resume's in as soon as you can.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #73
Need to Seek Professional Help

I dunno if anyone would be interested, but I'm moving to Kamloops in September and had to quit my job at Hertz at the victoria airport washing cars. A coworker is leaving the same time as me so I guess they'll be looking to fill 2 positions. Um, ya, it's $10/hr to start with benefits and raises after 3 months. It's full time and you have to have your class 5. It's pretty easy and apparently it gets slow in the winter so it should be pretty laid back. Basically you pick up cars from the airport, take em to the service station, wash them, and take them back. Occasionally you get to take trips to vic to the dealers or whatever. It's under cover too so you wont be in the rain in the winter, unless it's really busy maybe. I also think they're looking for a part-time tripper (driver) starts at $10/hr, no benefits, and if you do clean you get $11/hr. Um, I guess anyone interested can pm me with questions. Yup..
ness_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #74

We're hiring at Kili's Pizzeria. We need someone friendly and outgoing to work lunch, which is 11:00AM - 2:30PM. We also need either that same person, or someone else to work 4:00PM - 6:30PM

No driving is necessary (for those of you that don't want a delivery job), since we don't deliver at lunch, but for the 4pm shift having a car for deliveries is an asset. Responsibilities include: Taking orders in person and on the phone, making pizza, pasta, salads, etc. cleaning (mostly dishes, unless you spill something).

Wage is $8/hr ($9/hr with experience) to start, with 50c/delivery if applicable. Review for a raise in a maximum of 3 months.

It's an easy job even when it's busy, and a good working atmosphere. We're all car people there, specifically we're all VW people, gracefallen from RS, to name one, so a car enthusiast will fit in just fine.

Feel free to contact me on the forums or on msn (aronnimani@hotmail.com) if you have any questions, but applicants must come in person to Kili's Pizzeria at 1515 Cook (corner of Cook and Pandora, next to Macs) during working hours after 4PM. If you don't speak to me beforehand, phone ahead to make sure I'm there, 380-4011.

FYI: The new sign is on its way, so above the store still says "All Canadian." There is, however, only the one pizzeria in that plaza.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #75
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Fairly new Subway just opened up in front of the $$$$$$$$ but it is in the CO-OP plaza place "thingy"...

I was lucky because I applied a long time ago...They're hiring full time and part time (available for afternoons).

Starting at $8.00.
crit1caL is offline   Reply With Quote