REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #126
B&S Sexy mod

what area are you lookin for work in?
thrifty foods at the shelbourne/mckenzie location has just finished off all their postings for the department managers positions so will likely start hiring staff before too long, thrifty's has been good to me about accomodating my schedule (i've got 5 weekends in a row off for trips, along with my student schedule messing up alot of weekday shifts)
Advertisement
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #127
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally posted by stevo911_
what area are you lookin for work in?
thrifty foods at the shelbourne/mckenzie location has just finished off all their postings for the department managers positions so will likely start hiring staff before too long, thrifty's has been good to me about accomodating my schedule (i've got 5 weekends in a row off for trips, along with my student schedule messing up alot of weekday shifts)
Sorry, forgot to mention that I'll be looking for work in the Victoria area. I've been doing grocery work for the last few years so i'm kind of looking for other types of jobs but i'll definitely look into this as an option, thanks.

Last edited by Lychee; 02-26-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #128
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thought I'd post up again, since we're hiring...again :P

Loss Prevention / Uniform Security

Must have clean-ish Criminal Record, as you must apply for a security license. BST 1 and 2 would be nice, but my company will train you and set you up for it. Basically, we "shop" in stores, plainclothes, and arrest people who steal. We do grocery stores, clothing stores, you name it.

If you are interested, email
tony@fbig.ca
with a resume.

Hours are very flexible, we make ~$11/hr, give or take, neg. No commission on arrests, or quotas.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #129
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone know of any shops or delearships hiring? Just finished my 1st year auto mechanic course. Id prefer not to have to wash cars for 2 years before i get into a shop too
-94 DX Coupe, JDM SiRII B16A, LSD, 300hp axles, DC header, built head, Tokico 4 corners, FullRace B-series traction bars, AEM intake SOLD :D
-91 Toyota Supra 2.5 TT-R
-92 SC400 VIP, far too much to list
-91 VW Golf GL *Dusty DUB* SOLD :)
-88 Mazda RX-7 FC3S 13b Built- :( R.I.P
-85 Camaro IROC-Z28, 350- Sold :(
V.I.Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #130
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

If anyone is looking for work at McDonalds. I currently work at the Shelbourne Mc.D's in Victoria. I may not be able to gaurentee you a job, but I"ll put a good word in, which will help. I'm also a Manager there. Ask for Rob.
MissingMirrorCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #131
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

just to let you guys know the pennzoil ez lube right across the street from canwest mall is hiring. it's a real easy job and decent pay (i work there i know lol)
right now we're looking for a hood tech. it starts at 9.50 but you get to be making 11 real soon after you start (2-3 weeks) if you want to apply come to the shop and ask for Guy and be ready for an interview.
if you have anymore questions you can PM me.
-Phil

Tumblr
1980 Datsun 280Z: sold 1995 Subaru Justy rip
1990 Civic Si: sold 1991 NA6 Miata rip
1989 240sx coupe: sold 1990 NA8 Miata current
1987 Corolla GTS Hatch: rip
1986 200sx hatch: sold
1989 Rb'd 240sx hatch: sold
Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #132
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by MissingMirrorCivic
If anyone is looking for work at McDonalds. I currently work at the Shelbourne Mc.D's in Victoria. I may not be able to gaurentee you a job, but I"ll put a good word in, which will help. I'm also a Manager there. Ask for Rob.
Rob as in Rob A.?

if so then he can get you a job. But Rob, good luck recruiting people to work there, unless since Foulis left the store has improved.
Lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #133
Banned (BBM)

I'll post here too, my current bio:

currently I work semi-full time at an internet firm, contracting out www.driving.ca, I am the used car rep for the island, it's only.. 3 days a week. I am looking for something part time to fill those 4 days where I don't work (Friday-Tuesday) and then I would be looking for something after i finish work in the early afternoon. Also looking for night-time work and I can work weekends.

mainly looking for a car dealership to wash some cars at, or else I would like something that would keep me occupied with hands on work. My job is a lot of sitting and computer work, so I have a lot of unspent energy, about a years worth, to make up at a new job.

I'm also looking for a night time job at a restuarant in or around the downtown core, I have 8 months serving experience at a small 30 table establishment. I also would like weekend work, right now I'm not in school so I have a lot of spare time over the weekend and I usually just end up spending money as a past-time

~Lorne R
Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally posted by Lornesbored
Rob as in Rob A.?

if so then he can get you a job. But Rob, good luck recruiting people to work there, unless since Foulis left the store has improved.
Naw its Rob J. And ya, Foulis has left.
MissingMirrorCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #135
Banned (BBM)

ah I see I wouldn't know you then, I left over a year ago
Old 04-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #136

well my workplace is hiring again.
Pennzoil across from canwest needs a lower technician for saturdays pay is 11/hr and bonuses, duties include servicing differentials, transfer cases, dropping oil, and so on and so on if you need more info feel free to PM me
PS this job is real easy money

Phil

Tumblr
1980 Datsun 280Z: sold 1995 Subaru Justy rip
1990 Civic Si: sold 1991 NA6 Miata rip
1989 240sx coupe: sold 1990 NA8 Miata current
1987 Corolla GTS Hatch: rip
1986 200sx hatch: sold
1989 Rb'd 240sx hatch: sold
Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #137
Sick motherfucker mod

Romeos in Broadmead is desperately seeking cooks. Its a decent working environment, theres some decent pussy there if your down for dipping your pen in company ink. Benefits for full time employees. If your like me and you like your toys then this place is perfect. Work a couple days a week and its an extra $500 a month. Pm me or walk in with a resume. Experience or not we will hire you as long as your attitude is good.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #138
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
cycle bc the scooter rental place downtown is hiring. Wicked place to work, fun to be out in the sun all day, and dealing with scooters and motorcycles. Great staff and managers to work for, a definitly a sweet summer job. come drop off a resme at the main office at 747 douglas street, right across from the conference center, and right beside the old bc experience..
cheers
Renthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #139
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Okay... just for kicks I'm gonna post up in here and see (never hurts)

Mechanic seeking Proper aprenticeship.. basically I'm it for the long haul I want a real career damnit!

over 2 years professional mech work .. pre aprent in Marine and small engine

I have my own tools, clean License... just no aprent paperwork!

previous exp includes Fabrication, Autobody, 2nd command of security company

I don't care if it's Auto, Marine, motorcycle or even Heavyduty.. I just want a job that I get my papers and I'm not expected to be a $10 an hour monkey for the rest of my life (massive issues with current employer right now)
Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #140
Need to Seek Professional Help

Hertz Rental Car at the Victoria Airport needs a full-time Vehicle Service Attendant. I believe starting is now $12/hr. We'll be moving to the new service center soon, which is actually at the terminal, so does eliminate some of the driving but is a brand new facility. The job is basically washing cars, moving them around, ocassionally taking them in for service... stuff.
ness_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #141
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^That could be a decent job for me since I live on McTavish lol. Any other requirements other than a DL?

-metal
Old 05-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #142
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just a class 5, relatively clean abstract. No experience req. Managers name is Wendy. Shift will be either 7:00-3:30, 10:00-6:30, 12-8:30... with the possible ocassional 8:00-4:30. And you will most likely have to work weekends, but you do get 2 days in a row off and the schedule is usually consistent. They are looking like right now cause someone just quit with 3 days notice and their last day was Friday. Um, ya.. I did this for 3 months last summer, left for school, this summer I came back for this job but I'm actually doing this and filling in at the counter, so if you wanna know anything else just ask.
ness_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #143
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Im a second year electrical apprentice and have a few weeks off if anyone needs any fixtures changed, plugs moved/added or a house ruffed in shoot me a pm..
Old 05-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #144
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

ness, prolly can't apply, I won't have my class 5 till August..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #145

Import parts company needs delivery driver. Full time, competitive wage, benefits package. Email dales@worldpac.com or fax a resume and drivers abstract to 544 8174.

Filled, thanks y'all

Last edited by wyldcard; 06-06-2007 at 03:59 PM.
wyldcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #146
Banned (BBM)

^^

car provided? your email is getting a ding!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #147

Me and my buddy both work on the rigs in Alberta. We are shut down quite often in the summer time. So we are looking for some odd jobs when ever needed. We both have some experience painting, moving, minor landscaping, haying.

Hard working guys, both have own vehicles, willing to work vic/nanaimo area. Wage Negiotiable.

SO if you have any odd jobs you dont feel like doing my cell number is 715-5817.

Thanks
Ray
Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #148
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Metro Lexus Toyota is hiring lot personnel/wash guys $10/h plus benefits. Bring your resumes in preferrably with your drivers abstracts (or have them faxed to us-inquire about fax number please). Great job to be out in the sun. Different shifts available but mostly during the day monday-saturday.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #149
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Fuller Landscapes in Parksville is hiring.
http://www.fullerlandscapes.ca/jobs.html

resumes AT fullerlandscapes.ca
Phone: 1-877-248-8286 (toll free)
Fax: 1-250-954-1969

If applying, tell'm Coal sent you.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #150

My Employer, Vanderzweep Electric needs experienced electricians or 3rd - 4th year apprentices. If your qualified shot me a msg and ill give you a #
Brett_Civic is offline   Reply With Quote