REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 03-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #201
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikter
Vic BMW is hiring for a parts position. Don't take anything less than $18/hr if you have parts experience.
-Rik
Seriously? That's half-decent coin for a parts person!
Advertisement

2003 Jetta wagon surfboard transport/oil burner
gracefallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #202
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Position Filled!

Last edited by Darb 2k; 09-16-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Darb 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #203
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Full or Part-time Automotive Detailer - $10+

A busy Victoria based detail shop requires a PT/FT Detailer / Prepper for the upcoming spring rush. $10 / hr + Commission & Bonus's. You decide what you want to make.

Duties will include:

Opening, receiving customers, preping vechiles & shop maintenence. Lots of room for advancements into full-time detail work and possible management.

Hours are negotiable however would prefer 8 - 8:30am start time on a regular basis plus maybe full saturdays.

Must be enthusiastic about cars & no previous experience is nessisary! Drivers abstract, Valid BC drivers licence is not required however will be a benefit to moving up in the company.

Lots of perks to this job & a fun place to work.

Please send me an email to: & i will get back to you asap.

Thank you.
Julie

81 Pink Camo bronco

1986 Ford Bronco XLT

1999 Yamaha R1
Jewelz_firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #204
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Hey, Just got back from teaching english overseas and I'm looking for PT/FT work, involvement with cars would be nice, but not necessary. Skilled with computers (worked as tech supp. for shaw cable 2.5 yrs.).. have extensive experience with turbo nissans (ie. swaps, wiring). I also enjoy tedious jobs ( wiring) and long walks on the beach. Anyhow, if anybody knows of an interesting position, I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks, Kelly.
94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200

Last edited by h0tSX; 04-24-2008 at 10:50 AM.
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #205
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I, too, am looking for work, and wondering if anyone has any leads in the auto industry. I'm back from Uni for the summer, so I'm after something temporary that will pay $12+. I've got loads of experience in retail, including auto parts and management, but I'm not sure how well that would transfer over...

I'm guessing BMW filled that parts position...?

Anyway, if anyone has any leads on automotive jobs with decent pay, please let me know. Or if anyone knows of a good senior position in retail, I'm game for that, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by BilletPimp
and she wishes you'd realize that she broke up with you ;)
Demosthenes X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #206
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I posted in the regular forum, but i see their is a sticky for it. Anyone have part time work this summer, or know of anything available in Victoria.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #207
Banned (ABWS)

This is a stupid question.. but, do you love cars?

My company has a job opening up pretty soon, it involves photographing cars and maintaining inventory.

you must have some car knowledge and be able to deal with 1 difficult customer to be able to succeed.

it's an office downtown, the pay is decent, and you get a butt load of freedom, and as long as the job gets done in the day it should be, you can make your own hours (except on tuesdays and wednesdays)

the job is 3-4 days a week, depending on your speed / age / experience / noobishness handling networking and computerized databases.

hit me up if your interested, I will give you the full details, if you can attach a resume all the better. if not, pm me and I will give you my email for resumes!
dizzystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #208
I am Hook'd on RS

gorge auto and key2 auto are both looking for drivers, $10 to start i think they said, key2 also needs a parts guy.
phatkix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #209
Island Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
I posted in the regular forum, but i see their is a sticky for it. Anyone have part time work this summer, or know of anything available in Victoria.
are you kidding? There is a so many jobs in this city there is no reason to even ask a wide open question like that unless you have something specific you might be interested in.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #210
n00bie p0ztwh0re

I'm moving to victoria by August 1st. I dont know too much about where to start looking except for workopolis. I just need someone to point me in the right direction
looking for full time permanent work and with benefits
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #211
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::smurfie:: View Post
I'm moving to victoria by August 1st. I dont know too much about where to start looking except for workopolis. I just need someone to point me in the right direction
looking for full time permanent work and with benefits
What kind of work are you looking for?
Wanton007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #212
n00bie p0ztwh0re

mostly a desk job. i work @ rogers customer service [*611] lol but after this i need something where i dont deal with people. just paper work is fine lol
Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #213
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::smurfie:: View Post
mostly a desk job. i work @ rogers customer service [*611] lol but after this i need something where i dont deal with people. just paper work is fine lol
Depends on the field of work I guess. If you're looking for techie jobs..I use www.viatec.ca

Feel free to PM me as well..I've worked at 4 different tech places in Vic and could put you in touch with the right people if you are tech related and what you want to do.
Wanton007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #214
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Starbucks Country Club - Nanaimo

Are you enthusiastic high energy and love working with people? We are currently looking for Baristas to deliver the Starbucks Experience to our customers. We are currently looking for energetic applicants that are available to work between 5:15AM and 7:00PM Mon - Sun at our Country Club location

This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers by providing them with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.

BENEFITS OF JOINING STARBUCKS

If you join Starbucks and maintain at least 240 paid hours per quarter (approximately 20 hours per week), you may qualify for:

*TUITION REIMBURSEMENT *PAID VACATION *MEDICAL *DENTAL *VISION *MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT *FREE COFFEE! *STOCK PURCHASE DISCOUNT *STOCK OPTIONS *RRSP with COMPANY MATCH

* Part time and full time hours available as well as flexible shifts at $9/hour + tips.

HOW TO APPLY

Please apply in person at Country Club Starbucks, located across from Country Club Mall, Nanaimo, BC.

You can request an application form from your local store or please visit: http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/job...ailcareers.asp to download an application

*For more information on Starbucks please visit:

www.starbucks.com

Wait what?
TeamMootRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #215
I am Hook'd on RS

Full time student, part time work

I'm a full time student at Camosun (pretty busy) but I'm looking at picking up some extra coin for rent money. I have Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday available just about every week. We might be able to negotiate one evening during the week. Here's a list of the various things I have done professionally, any one would work:

- Car/home AV installs
- automotive detailing
- DJ work
- Certified mechanical engineering technologist: 2D, 3D CAD work, mostly plant piping but also estimating, containment vessels, field operations and power plant design; AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, and Smartplant 3D.

Ideally I'd just like to do head units and alarm installs on the weekends, or shine up a couple of cars (no rotary experience, but lots of polishing with DAs).

I also own and operate a mobile DJ company, KG-DJ. The problem is, I don't have my truck out here (it's back home in Edmonton) so getting gear is a problem. If there are any mobile DJ guys here that is looking for an experienced wedding/corporate/party jock, and can help me on the setup front, then I'm all over that. I have my own console and music (laptop, mixer, DMX board) so I'm set that way.

If anyone is interested or can help me out with this super tight schedule, my e-mail is kyle@kg-dj.com.
97Scort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #216
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Hey, I’m looking for some work so I thought id post up here. I am currently a 4th year automotive service tech but I am only 380 hours away from being a certified journeyman. I’m looking for FT work at a decent shop pretty much anywhere on the island. Let me know if you know of anything. Thanks in advance,

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisStang View Post
Meh, if my car comes back not on fire after my wife drives it, I consider it a good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super WOP View Post
Heavy is the opposite of light.

I'll get you some crayon and paper and draw it out for you if its too complex.
Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #217
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Im in the market for a little evening work to make a couple hundred extra bucks/month. Thinking a nice short shift kitchen thing, or delivery driving in the royal oak area. depending on the kind of job i might be willing to commute a little into town or to langford, but i work at 7am monday to friday so 5-10 those days is the most i can offer.

Saturday is all good.

Just casually looking right now, since my car goes in for body shop work next week and i wont be able to get around much. bus = fail in victoria.
Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #218
Sick motherfucker mod

Romeos in Broadmead is always hiring, full or part time. 250-744-1177 ask for doug.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #219

i still don't know why i was let go though man. they gave me 2 weeks off then i wasn't on the schedule. never got a single phone call or told a single thing. so, after a month i asked for my ROE and doug was sooo suprised heh.

although going back there would be convenient. was such an easy job.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #220
Sick motherfucker mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
i still don't know why i was let go though man. they gave me 2 weeks off then i wasn't on the schedule. never got a single phone call or told a single thing. so, after a month i asked for my ROE and doug was sooo suprised heh.

although going back there would be convenient. was such an easy job.
who are you?
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #221

nick =|?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #222
B&S Sexy mod

my sis' boyfriend is moving out here from montreal, so he'll be looking for part time work (he's a student). Any leads on a part time job that doesnt require a drivers liscence or great english skills (fluent in french though) near cook st village would be appreciated

I'm starting to look for some fulltime work as well, if anyone has any leads on anything for myself (i can speak english and drive )

Last edited by stevo911_; 01-06-2009 at 04:35 PM.
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #223
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
my sis' boyfriend is moving out here from montreal, so he'll be looking for part time work (he's a student). Any leads on a part time job that doesnt require a drivers liscence or great english skills (fluent in french though) near cook st village would be appreciated
i was in queale's electronics the other day and they are looking for staff right now.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #224
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I am looking for work right now. Something in automotive, manufacturing or trades.
If anyone has any leads let me know
NEUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #225
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

need job in nanaimo
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote