REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Toyota supra chat thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/39394-toyota-supra-chat-thread.html)

Enraged 05-03-2002 11:07 PM

sell those to a honda owner, get soem MKIV rims, thats what i want to do! get some 245s f and 275 r!

NashMan 05-03-2002 11:10 PM

no machineing was need on my block or head i lucked out my head gasket was not that bad i have sean way wores as well

it was leaking and if i drove it any longer it chould ahve done some bad damge

Paradox 05-03-2002 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Enraged
sell those to a honda owner, get soem MKIV rims, thats what i want to do! get some 245s f and 275 r!
lol, my ex gf has a CRX, maybe she can take em! and NO MKIV! damnit theres too many MKIV rim'ed MK3's out there. id want something better.... right now wheels i really dont care about tho. id rather spend the money on the interior or suspension or something.. it looks good as is i think and 235 is pretty wide in comparison to most vehicles.

NashMan 05-04-2002 05:33 AM

235 is nice tire to run remmber you don't want to go to wide ya know ps most people put thous mag on for 2 resons one there cheap 2 they want to keep it stockish

245 in the rear is to big i find will take away from over stree that you want in toyota supra

235 was what i am thinking on getting for the front and rear

ps the supra's supention was not desighed whiht over set wheels in mind remmber that sure it whould do great for draging but that all i can think of

this is just my thoughts thou

NashMan 05-04-2002 06:38 PM

yuppy my car is ont eh road oh joy

she goes like stink too

man i missed her but i got some minor bugs but i might race i still have not desided yet

i getting heat soak but minor caues leak some were but no biggy and my nock set code is up and stuff

NashMan 05-05-2002 08:30 AM

well i wil be at wester speed way at 2 30 rain or shine hope to see you at there you will know me caes i wil be wareing trd hat

and of coruse the the supra as well

hope to see you guys there toby/ muray ect

86supra 05-05-2002 09:05 AM

so I blew my head gasket yesterday moments after telling
my family and friend's that there is nothing wrong with my car.
so it looks like i'm doing the n/a-t swap sooner then I wanted to.
what was the total in the end to do that nashman?

Enraged 05-05-2002 10:19 AM

awww.... thats shitty!

you know, you can do a NA-T hybrid, using the NA block witha turbo head. ive seen guys on supraforums selling good heads for US$100, then there was a guy selling the intake manifold port matched, for US$60, an exhaust manifold for US$50, a stock turbo for US$150, etc. just look around, you might be able to get a good deal.

NashMan 05-05-2002 01:16 PM

humm how much have i spent humm um kinda alot

i spent close to 7000 buck 6 some thing or what ever

that was

7mgte
master cycdire
r15 trans
new tires
new plug's
new plug wires
head gasket
arp studs
bov vavle
ecu
wireing
boost agaug
inter cooler
rad
and some small things

any way if you are going to try some thing like i did fidn a doner car and have soe extra cash on you caues i was aiming for like 5000 to 6000 but i spent 7 or so

and i still got some small bugs but nothing i can't fix

ps my car allso has bean off the road for like 2 mouth tolota time abouts

make your mid up carefully caues it may cost alot or cheaper then you thought

NashMan 05-05-2002 07:46 PM

not bad i love the mini sprint got a littel side ways should have ketp the drift but na i like my tire and other stuff

frist run was like 101.62/100.66/100.88

my fastest time was when drifted

took toby for boot in my car i think he likes what i have done to my car (god dame you give your bov)

any way it was fun the car worked out great like mino eletic thing i have bean fighting but eh i will fix it when i have time and such

tobad you did not show up muray or is that how you spell it any way you should ahve shown up any way mee go out for food now chow

ps toby if you want a na diff i can make some calls ad most likly get you one for cheep

86supra 05-06-2002 09:37 PM

so I call some shops around town today about my BHG and
I get quoted some prices (1400-5500) so the last # is a complete
rebuild and after the lady says that I ask if I get a container of
vaseline with that to ease the pain, she says pardon. whatever
this is stupid I found a place in ont that will send me a 7mge with
a tranny to my door for $1700 inc, shipping. what a hassle!!!
oh and with most of these quotes the HG was $200 or a lil less
hahahahah

Enraged 05-06-2002 10:07 PM

if there isnt any damage to the head or block, you could always try fixing it yourself. total cost would probably be around $5-600 if you go with a stock Toyota gasket and some ARP studs or bolts.

ask Nashman, he did it mostly himself if im not mistaken.

or do a turbo swap, you can get a stock 7mgte for around US$700.

Paradox 05-06-2002 11:52 PM

arggh blow head gaskets suck... toyota should be paying for these sorts of things! be sure to report your BHG to the SOGi (?) database of other blown ones.... im not sure if thats still active, its basically just to bitch at toyota for not making proper head gaskets.

anyhow, sorry i missed the mini sprints guys. i might go to next months. ive still got tuning to do to my car.... greddy turbo will be here soon i hope, along with boost controller. that'll basically complete my engine mods for now (well perhaps i need a S-AFC.. hrmm) its hard not to keep blowing money on the damn car!

Paradox 05-07-2002 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a pic of my new turbo.. (not my actual turbo)

NashMan 05-07-2002 02:58 AM

hey toby now i found out why my car was drink alot of water

i had pin hole leak in one of my hoses
and my nock sencer is work right now

ehhee i got my power back but and runs great
now only if i can keep it that way

any who do you want ot trade both my subs for you bov and all even give you my bov

come on killer deal

Enraged 05-07-2002 01:56 PM

i already have subs (2 10" massives), i would trade for your big amp though :o)

Paradox 05-09-2002 09:58 AM

hey Nashman, how fast were you peaking out at during mini sprints?

NashMan 05-09-2002 12:43 PM

welll the fastest i got to was 4th around 5500 to 6000 rpm as for speed i do not know i was paying atetion to my tec i hardly look at the speedo but i whould say around like 120 to 135 or so i will see what that is on the streets

i chould have gone faster but i did not change my gears in the coner caue si did not want my ass end to kick out i should have tried but naaa i just go the baby on the road don't wan tot play whith her to rough

Enraged 05-09-2002 01:18 PM

you dont beat on your car at the minisprint, but when you take it out afterwards with me you do? hahaha that was SOOO much fun, i cant wait to upgrade my suspension.

NashMan 05-09-2002 02:27 PM

oh well i live for speed

oh and my heater core is going that is why i getting that musty coolent smell oh well off goes the dash again

Paradox 05-10-2002 09:28 PM

i gotta claybar today, woohaww

now i gotta wax the damn car all over again!

NashMan 05-11-2002 05:39 PM

well today i got high speed buffer for the car ohn joy

and i shimed my waste gate by like 3 washers hit about 8 psi

and 3rd gear chips are way to easy the thing is like rocket

i should take youout no tobby you will be scared this time

Enraged 05-11-2002 07:36 PM

lol maybe

DAMNIT if i didnt have to get rotors, i could build my DP-back exhuast this week..... oh well.....

bird shit ALL over my car, so i told my parents that i can either take down their bird house (the birds leave then house and shit on my car, and shit as they are going in TOO) or they buy me a car cover :D so they are buyin me a car cover this week. Lordco has a Wolf 3 layer for $94, so im gettin that. then i can wash claybar and wax my car without fear of it getting too dirty overnight.

Paradox 05-12-2002 01:15 AM

hehe shoulda gone for the BB gun dude :D

i cleared everything up with suprasport, and swapped my order for the JMBC to a test pipe. jeff didnt even have the parts in to make the JMBC's.

it'll be interesting to see what sort of power gains i get from the test pipe, hopefully lots!

also hope to see that damn LoTek pod too, did u guys have to take off the dash to get the vacuum hoses and wiring down to the firewall?

NashMan 05-12-2002 08:08 AM

you mena to run the air line naa takeing off the dash is not needed

alls you do it plus the plastic cover on the holy shit handle's and there is screw there un do it pull out towards the roof caue there clips and there you go

i ran my line down thoug the crah thoug th dash our by the gas pedle

ate the shit out buddies mustage today dame it way to easy now

oh well i am happy whiht the powe ri got so far more and i will be paying liek arm and leg for gas

ps i might be makeing some boost controlers so so i can ujest mine any one want any fi i make some