REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   The Random Post Thread About Nothing! (Island Style) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/411191-random-post-thread-about-nothing-island-style.html)

Lageno 08-10-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nightwalker

Here's something for the girls out there. I WILL NEVER WEAR THOSE FRUITY FUCKING ANKLE SOCKS AND NO, I WILL NOT PUSH DOWN MY SOCKS WHILE WEARING SHORTS.

Better make it known to those bitches next time man!

Black Orpheus 08-10-2006 06:57 PM

While I was eating supper last night after getting home from work I overheard my mother ask my father "I wonder what elephant skin feels like?" I can only assume she saw an elephant on TV. Just goes to show you that a PhD won't prevent you from asking wierd questions.

Celica Girl 08-10-2006 07:08 PM

some lady tried ditch driving and then decided that driving in the ditch wasn't fun and swerved into my lane while my pregant sister was in my car. I am so glad i have good reflexes for more than just tattooing.

NashMan 08-10-2006 07:32 PM

ummmmm why whould you have good reflexes from tatooing

mabey hand eye cordnation is what you are thinking

Celica Girl 08-10-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NashMan
ummmmm why whould you have good reflexes from tatooing

mabey hand eye cordnation is what you are thinking

yes good eye hand co-ordination as well but people jump/twitch/flinch like crazy while getting tattooed and you have to make sure as not to ruin the tattoo when they do that, so you have to have quick reflexes to move and stop before you put random lines elswhere.

dustinb 08-10-2006 08:23 PM

OK I've been thinking about this for a while. I have a hardtop for my miata, which I use typically from October to February. I've always contemplated of putting a tiny, non functional roof scoop on , simply to be different. I just can't decide wether it would be cool or not cool. Any input?

Here's the car with hardtop on:
http://www.dbmiata.com/tmp/scoop.jpg
And here's the roof scoop i was contemplating:
http://www.dbmiata.com/tmp/scoop2.jpg

Ultimately, I'll probably just have to get the measurements of the scoop, take a proper angle shot of the car with the hard top on and photoshop it.

JoyRyda 08-10-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Orpheus
While I was eating supper last night after getting home from work I overheard my mother ask my father "I wonder what elephant skin feels like?" I can only assume she saw an elephant on TV. Just goes to show you that a PhD won't prevent you from asking wierd questions.
Its not exactly soft.. kinda bumpy.. but they do have really soft thin hair.

Remember when they actually used to have animals in the circus?

rental_metard 08-10-2006 08:37 PM

I say no for the hood scoop but hell its your car, do what YOU want.

I just finished packing the nissian I am bringing. its fully packed, thank god

Lageno 08-10-2006 09:06 PM

+2 for no roof scoop.
If it was functional and your car has no AC then sure

Probably getting a functional one for my car for next summer. I have no AC, and It's a rally car so I can get away with it :p

Kinda want to block off all the vents anyway to keep dust from flying in. I remember my last dirt rally, breathing dust for hours isn't quite as fun as it sounds.

BilletPimp 08-10-2006 09:09 PM

+3 non-functional scoops in general get thumbs down...

4doorVIP 08-10-2006 10:17 PM

the worst are scoops that lead to nothing but a body panel lol

4doorVIP 08-10-2006 10:46 PM

OMG A KIA STI LOL

BilletPimp 08-10-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ScottoGT-S
OMG A KIA STI LOL

ACTUALLY...it's a *FACTORY* Kia R/T (I kid you not :lol)

jeffraider 08-10-2006 11:49 PM

i really like to gamble

Black Orpheus 08-11-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jeffraider
i really like to gamble
I bet you don't. Who else wants a piece of this action?

PhEnX 08-11-2006 09:27 AM

It dont matter if u like to gamble, you have to be GOOD! at it.

Demosthenes X 08-11-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TarnishedSoul
http://istargazer.ca/blog/kia-sti.jpg
*cough*

Ugh. There are a couple in town. They get a "hey, is that an STI?!?!... oh, no... it's a Kia... WTF!"

Hickman 08-11-2006 09:45 AM

im good at it

dustinb 08-11-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Demosthenes X
Ugh. There are a couple in town. They get a "hey, is that an STI?!?!... oh, no... it's a Kia... WTF!"
So what's the deal with these cars anyways, do they have any balls at all?

m1ataman 08-11-2006 12:08 PM

Now let me get this straight. If I need to wear socks I wear shoes not sandals so I'm okay there but I'm gay for wearing ankle socks with my shoes? Damn, I really like those things.

gracefallen 08-11-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Orpheus
I bet you don't. Who else wants a piece of this action?
$5 Says he actually does like to gamble. Any takers? Givin' 1:100 odds.

So one of the guys I work with likes to pick up the phone, hit the intercom and then rub the phone against his crotch. It's spectacular. We have one of those "easy" buttons from staples and it says "that was easy" every time someone hits it, and it's great as well.

metal 08-11-2006 12:59 PM

I always wanted one of those easy buttons, but cant really find a real use for it, maybe if it was a dollar =/

dustinb 08-11-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by metal
I always wanted one of those easy buttons, but cant really find a real use for it, maybe if it was a dollar =/
My buddy just bought a new sony camcorder with a built in harddrive. It actually has an Easy button right on the camera. Apparently it puts the camera into dumb mode or something.

Demosthenes X 08-11-2006 03:04 PM

^ I've seen those. Idiot proof, so that all the relatives can watch all 16 hours of "our crappy trip to Disneyland". Lovely, honest.

I wish my girlfriend had an easy button...

Black Orpheus 08-11-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Demosthenes X
I wish my girlfriend had an easy button...
I thought that was called "four apple cranberry coolers"? j/k :D