REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: EBISU on Robson (https://www.revscene.net/forums/429366-review-ebisu-robson.html)

Mr.HappySilp 08-09-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Klobbersaurus
do you hire based on looks or experience? cuz my gf went there tonight and it didnt sound positive
Well u can't always hire the experience ppl. I think it have to do more with if the person are willing to work hard and do they have a good attitude. Of coz looks is also a factor. Would u want a 300lbs female waiter severing even though she is super nice, good attitude and very helpful?

TreyDoja 08-14-2007 11:08 AM

I would like to make a public apology to Deon for my drunken display and my puking mess while I had my birthday dinner at Ebisu.

Again, thanks for accomodating all of us and I really do apologize for the mess I left on the carpet..

=(

Always a blast at Ebisu. Thanks again bro

Ch28 08-14-2007 06:50 PM

^ Damn son...learn to control your alcohol :p

1z-0n-m3h 08-15-2007 08:17 PM

i finally tried this place out yesterday on robson...

i liked it! i really like the yakiudon yumyum n the prawn and cream cheese gyoza! !
i would definately go again! hehe

woozzle 08-15-2007 09:36 PM

i'd take down that big red sigh saying "open for lunch" if i were you. gives that cheap chinese joint atmosphere

Full`Throttle 08-19-2007 11:52 AM

I had a bad experience with the service. Food is nothing to rave about but it's definitely not the worst u can find downtown.

Obsideon 08-19-2007 08:19 PM

woozzle: The sign is just temporary as we just opened for Lunch recently and it's to let the people passing by on Robson know. Yeah the sign is pretty ugly it was a super quick job haha! It was made in like 15 minutes!

Full`Throttle: uh.. thanks? :confused: LOL

willystyle 08-19-2007 08:36 PM

hey AznSiR

Thanks for the hospitality on Saturday, my friends told me i got a little too rowdy after taken down those drinks.. i hope i didnt scare the waitresses..

oh btw, u hired some pretty cute waitresses recently since the last time that i went before saturday.. keep it up!..

oh yah.. we all noticed that the sangrias are now a bit short on fruits than before, what happened dude? haha

Obsideon 08-19-2007 10:13 PM

Haha glad you enjoyed yourself I hope you made it to the club after!

Really? You should have told me. I never told the bartenders to use less fruits, same amount as day 1. I think they were slammed that night and they started getting lazy to cut more. I'll fix that prob, sorry 'bout that!

willystyle 08-20-2007 11:24 PM

It's all good, AznSiR.

The new cute waitresses made up for it. =P

Derek_N84 08-21-2007 02:11 AM

I take full responsibility for Willy's behaviour, I'm the one who fed him all those Red Dragons and Supermans hahaha.

Thanks for taking care of us Deon.

ekim 08-23-2007 10:01 PM

A shame that I still haven't tried this place out. Maybe I'll be able to drop by sometime next week. Are reservations ever required?

Ch28 08-23-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ekim
A shame that I still haven't tried this place out. Maybe I'll be able to drop by sometime next week. Are reservations ever required?
I'd say Fri-Sun for sure

mako 08-23-2007 10:55 PM

A shame that I still haven't picked up my VIP card yet ... if it still exists

Delish 08-24-2007 12:00 AM

Came tonight with my girlfriends! We were the table beside the door that led to the corner patio.

We ordered so much food (I think she said it was 14 dishes??) the waitress told us we should stop haha.. I can't remember at the top of my head every single item we ordered but I loved the beef sashimi and the Unachee roll. The girls also seemed to enjoy thunder fries. The yakiudon was interesting. It was a bit salty but that was probably because of the bacon. It probably could have used more ingredients in it, like prawns or mushrooms and other kinds of veggies. We tried the taco rice because I had heard so much about it here. The girls didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. I didn't mind it, I liked how bits of the rice were kind of crunchy. The Tiger Prawns are one of my favourites. AHH! I just realized that I forgot to order the Tuna Tacos.. I had them last time and I loved them.

All in all, I think everybody had a fun time and enjoyed the food. I was expecting service to be slow and crappy to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised! Food arrived promptly and your waitresses were friendly. The only advice I could offer is to have them swing by tables regularly to refill water!

10+ dishes plus a round of drinks and a pitcher of sangria for 8 girls = $257.. not bad!

P.S. your restaurant attracts a lot of pervs :p

Type V 08-24-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Delish
P.S. your restaurant attracts a lot of pervs :p
actually if you think about it... all the good food and good drinks... surely attracts you cute hotties

and well cute hotties attract basically everything else in the world!

so the blame is on YOU!!! :D

Senna4ever 08-25-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nismo_s13
A shame that I still haven't picked up my VIP card yet ... if it still exists
Haha, me too.

Psyke 08-27-2007 10:36 PM

Both times I went to Ebisu D/t with !SG was pretty cool :) Obviously with all the food and drinks that he orders.. everyone has a pretty good time! haha.. Might I add, when we ordered the sangria.. it was STRONG! woohoo! :D

Good food and drinks :lol Have yet to check out Rmd location..

Meowjin 08-27-2007 10:57 PM

me and a part of 3 came on sunday night.

Dissapointed because all the shrimp/prawn items we ordered were sadly overcooked.

although the rest of the items were good.

Lomac 08-30-2007 11:24 AM

So, Deon.... do us Mods get any sort of discount? :D

Obsideon 08-30-2007 05:22 PM

Definitely! I'll hook you up ;)

ah_cat 08-30-2007 08:15 PM

Deon
I'll be there this Saturday for a birthday dinnerrrrr

see you then!

Mr.HappySilp 09-03-2007 01:10 PM

wend on sat night. The tacos was so good!

I also have the chicken. It was not bad but I do find the pieces a bit too big. It will be great if the peces were smaller.

Off topic: Also saw some police arrest some guy in front of London drugs.

Obsideon 09-04-2007 05:45 PM

Yeah I saw that too, everyone at the restaurant was looking over and I was nosy to see what they were looking at. Some drunk ass cuffed on the floor, one of the customers said the drunk almost fell onto his car at the stoplight too.

Ch28 09-05-2007 01:27 AM

I'll be dropping by with my gf before the concert tomorrow night. See you then Deon :D