REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: EBISU on Robson (https://www.revscene.net/forums/429366-review-ebisu-robson.html)

7seven 02-13-2007 08:14 AM

Was there on Saturday with the gogo dancers, thx for finding us a table Deon, u looked pretty tight for tables that night. The ladies loved the food, they don't have anything like that in Arizona. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the Nucks game on, do you guys also show UFC ppvs?

Obsideon 02-13-2007 09:22 PM

7seven: Haha thanks for coming down again yeah I heard those girls were from the states that's cool man you lucky dude!

Yeah we show all the Canucks games, PPV or regular, sometimes we show PPV fights, depends on if there is a Nucks game on, last time there was half the place wanting to watch UFC 67 while the other half wanted to watch the Nucks game, that was crazy haha!

Trey: Nah man always welcome to see you, no problems hooking you up!

Derek_N84 02-15-2007 12:40 PM

are you guys open for lunch yet ?

i had a craving for the tuna tacos the other day but it was in the middle of the day ...:(

Obsideon 02-19-2007 07:07 PM

Sorry not yet .. no time! Haha hopefully by early Spring we'll do lunch.

But we open at 5 everyday so wait out a few hours! :p

ExcelPremium 02-19-2007 08:34 PM

Thanks Deon! for another wonderful night of good food =)

7seven 02-23-2007 06:10 AM

Deon, thx for the last minute reservations, some of the girls I know will be having a girls only bday dinner Sat, they left everything to the last minute, so I told them to check ur place out. Thx for squeezing in a table of 15.

TreyDoja 02-23-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 7seven
Deon, thx for the last minute reservations, some of the girls I know will be having a girls only bday dinner Sat, they left everything to the last minute, so I told them to check ur place out. Thx for squeezing in a table of 15.
Wow, how ironic. I'll be there that night.. w00t w00t

chic604 02-23-2007 10:44 AM

Whoo, was there yesterday and it was fan-tab-u-lous!
The Unichee (sp?) and Tuna Tacos were amazing:clap:

Deon, not sure if you'll see this, but thanks so much again. We had a great time, but probably had more fun catching up with you (I think we all figured it's been about 7 yrs...we're old!). The birthday cakes at the end were great! We'll see you soon! :)

evilrose 02-24-2007 11:17 PM

i was there friday night. food and atmosphere were great. but what i didn't like was the lack of service. drinks took a little while to come. and we were waiting around for a waitress for about 15 minutes so we could get the bill but no one showed up. my bf had to go to the bar and find someone there to get us the bill

grock 02-25-2007 12:16 PM

finished up some drinks at hapa on thursday night a couple weeks ago and dropped by this place to check it out but it was dead...didnt even walk in the front door.

when is it busy?

Obsideon 02-25-2007 03:51 PM

evilrose: Yeah it's been pretty bad the last couple of weekends, the place was completely packed with easily 180+ people and I couldn't muster up enough servers for the weekend, hard to find good help these days :( Only had 5 running around, that's almost 40 customers per server. I was running around like crazy too! I hired a few more waitresses this week and will hopefully be prepped and trained for the next weekend! Sorry 'bout that I hope I can have this issue rectified ASAP.

grock: Since we're still fairly new and I haven't done ANY advertisement (no flyers, no promos, no newspapers, nothing). I've relied on word-of-mouth to get the people in. So therefore the weekdays are still quite slow. I'm guessing it's because we are not nearly as famous as Hapa. Who's been established for many many years but I hope I can reach those heights soon since I've only been open for 2 months. The customer feedback I've got so far is that we are easily comparable if not even better than them, just that they are more busy which = better atmosphere on the weekdays, some people feel awkward chillin' in a quiet area so I totally understand. It's just that they are much more well-known so people just incentively head to Hapa for this type of dining rather than Ebisu. (for now haha)
On the flip side I highly recommend that you book a table for the weekends as we quickly pile up and every weekend we turn away throngs of people because we have no room left at all and the wait time would probably be at least 30min-1hour+ ... in the future I might consider making the weekends no-reso's but that's just an idea heh.

~ D

azncreationz 02-26-2007 05:59 AM

We were there again on Friday night, perfect place to chill out, have some food and drinks. My friends loved the fresh oysters. I have a suggestion though, we ordered the hot sake, and then asked for a bowl or plate of hot water (to keep the sake warm)...I guess kind of like how you keep your martini's cold by using another glass filled with ice....but she didn't understand us and instead brought us four glasses of hot water. Oh well.
Oh, we couldn't finish our bottle of plum wine as well...so, uh, we took it home. If you're missing a bottle, it's in my fridge. :-)

Chicken Balls 02-26-2007 12:27 PM

The place is great and all, but the only thing i was dissapointed in was the last time i went, there was nothing on tap at all :(

Obsideon 02-26-2007 03:25 PM

azncreationz: Haha did you ask one of those Japanese girls? Sometimes their english is not the greatest so they misunderstand.. but at least they brought you something rather than ignoring you haha. No that's not a problem, it's safe by law to take home unfinished bottles now as long as the cap is back on and you need to put it in the car where you can not access it while driving, so the trunk would be safest if you don't want to get in trouble. ;)

Chicken Balls: Haha sorry must have been couple weeks ago where I underestimated the weekend and the guys totally drank us dry! Then I couldn't order any until Monday, and they delivered it on Tuesday :( .. but since then it has never happened again. I keep extra, extra, extra stock now!

PS. I have many, many umbrellas (like 15) that customers forgot in the umbrella rack near the front door, come back and reclaim them haha! Drunkasses!

superstylin 03-02-2007 05:22 AM

hey deon! awesome food once again.. dropped by the other day to have a semi-bday dinner with the gal. the snow crab motoyaki is the best thing on the menu haha. hopefully u are gonna be showing ufc on saturday? @@ might bring a group down to watch it.

Ducky 03-02-2007 08:10 AM

yawn i will be there again this saturday, but for a bday.

Ch28 03-03-2007 11:38 PM

Check your PM Deon! :)

SpuGen 03-04-2007 02:27 PM

I love going to Ebsiu every week for a good weekend dinner. I see more and more hot waitresses there every week haha.

Last night was packed! Too bad I was with some random girl, otherwise I would've had some drunken fun hittin on the waitresses :D

It was good to finally meet you Deon, we'll be there again next week for sure!
btw this is David

popnGEAR 03-05-2007 12:14 PM

tried your restaurant last week...my gf and i both loved it. she said the beef sashimi was the best she's ever had.

hamsup 03-06-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ducky
yawn i will be there again this saturday, but for a bday.
BUT FOR A BDAY ??? you were there after the bday ended... lol !!!!!!

Derek_N84 03-06-2007 11:58 AM

i took my mom there last friday and even though she's a picky eater, she loved it !

im definitely putting that vip card to good use ahahaha.
those tuna tacos got me hooked like crack ...:(

ah_cat 03-07-2007 08:45 PM

Going on Friday!

What dishes do you guys recommend for a party of 3? We don't eat a lot though, and it's for a really late bday dinner for one of them.

Ducky 03-07-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hamsup
BUT FOR A BDAY ??? you were there after the bday ended... lol !!!!!!
lol yeah well I was there two or three times that night, its the hub. YOu where too busy eating and drinking with all the off duty waitresses you pimp.

hamsup 03-08-2007 09:14 AM

you were the one hugging the bartender ! lol !!! and you were there so many times that night.. it was weird ! hahaha !!! in and out of soberness.. i think i said bye to u like 5 times ! hahah

Ducky 03-08-2007 01:38 PM

Umm No!! Get your facts right young grasshopper. She was the hold holding me, and it was to comfort me after you forgot to say bye to me the 3rd time . :2finger: