REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: EBISU on Robson (https://www.revscene.net/forums/429366-review-ebisu-robson.html)

Obsideon 10-26-2006 02:44 AM

Review: EBISU on Robson

Here's the update in which you have all patiently waited for. ;)

So as you all know the name now will be: EBISU

Details

Grand Opening: Date has been once again DELAYED to be DEC. 20th, 2006, it is NOW 100% set in CONCRETE so let's get the good times rollin'!
Location: 827 BUTE ST. (right on the corner of ROBSON, 2nd floor. Above Payless Shoes, same intersection as Moxies, Earls and SteamRollers.)
Phone No. - (604) 689-8266

There were major and minor problems that have come up the last few months, approval of licenses, leaking roof, broken heater/air conditioner, delays in my orders for chinaware, chairs, tables, decors, cutlery, glasses, etc. I have ordered many things from abroad (Japan, Italy, etc.) so some of those companies are tied up which results in more delays for me.

Now to answer some of your concerns:

Quote:

Originally posted by willystyle
Take some pictures of your restaurant and post them here when it's done. I'm sure there are many of us who would like to see the decor.
willystyle - I'm not sure if I want to post pics of the decor on here as it will ruin/dull the overall experience of actually being there to take in the ambience but maybe I will. =)

Quote:

Originally posted by sh0n
Post the menu when you have a chance
sh0n - Online menu set along with the website will be a bit later on as there are more pressing issues at the moment (getting the doors opened haha)

Quote:

Originally posted by RevSceneGirl25
Cool, thanks. Will you guys be open for lunch, or dinner only?
RevSceneGirl25 - When we first open we will only be doing dinner to get into the groove of things first and then we will decide when to start opening for lunch, perhaps a month or 2 later.

Quote:

Originally posted by Senna4ever
Hehe...cool!

...but isn't there already an "Ebisu" on Robson across from the library?

Senna4ever - hmm.. I am not aware of it, but I doubt it since City Hall has approved my license to use that name, unless THAT establishment isn't licensed or it's not really a restaurant.

Quote:

Originally posted by spiritofevil99
can all RS members get a discount card heh
spiritofevil99 - Read further down there is some pretty interesting info regarding this issue. =)

Quote:

Originally posted by Autorice
I didn't know it was you opening up the restaurant!

PLEASE provide white-style service. don't make it a typical asian or japanese restaurant. I haven't been to EVERY single chinese/japanese/pho place but almost all of them give crappy service. Even high end chinese places treat their customers like crap. ie $40+ a person.

Autorice - I will try my utmost best to provide the best service humanly possible!

Continued...

Obsideon 10-26-2006 03:35 AM

On to other matters:

I've come to a decision that ALL RS people, friends, family and whoever else new and old are welcome to check out the new restaurant!

I will be issuing 25, yes, 25% Promotion cards to anybody and everybody that's interested as a Grand Opening special, get them while you can, they're hot!

Now for the very helpful people that I mentioned on the list in the other thread, in addition to getting the 25% Promotion card you will ALSO receive a VIP Access card which entitles you to 10% AND a FREE Appetizer to get your night rollin'! The VIP cards are VERY limited.

If your name is on the list please PM me your real name so that when you drop by you can show me some sort identification for verification. :)

The list of potential VIPs are:

!SG --
confirmed
InvisibleSoul
Valour
MajinHurricane ---
confirmed
willystyle --- confirmed
SuperStarrr -
confirmed ~ need last name.
P902 - confirmed
nismo_s13
sh0n
RevSceneGirl25
What_the? -
confirmed
MajinHurricane
onani
SiR_vfung ---
confirmed
Ulic Qel-Droma - confirmed
Senna4ever
hamsup --
confirmed ~ I suppose :p
jACE - confirmed
SecludedGirl
~designer_rice~
Homer
sukjin86 -
confirmed
EuroTRASH
zeroFX ~
confirmed
TRDude --- confirmed
rageguy - confirmed
keitaro
Ping
Liquid Z 604
cinalob
supadupa
99ITR_SC
Beefylegs
DD//M3 -
confirmed
Supafly
kitsune
josayeee
pherion
n0tsopr3tty -
confirmed ... i think, need your last name.
moussy - confirmed
ineedNOS
babas -
confirmed
privateeyes
taco -
confirmed ~ need your last name.
ExcelPremium - confirmed
Rasuq
puckster02

Now for the rest of you I still need your first and last names so I can identify and verify that's it's really you picking up the VIP card and not some scrub, cuz I won't give it to any scrub, only RS scrubs. :D

Obsideon 10-26-2006 03:40 AM

Oh and another note.
I am still looking for people to fill various positions:

Waitress/Hostess/Cashier/Kitchen Helpers

If your interested please PM me. You can then either Email, Fax or drop it off personally to me.

Oh to those that PM'd me a few weeks ago sorry I took a bit longer than intended to respond but I never got a reply back, which is kinda rude. :flamemad:

hamsup 10-26-2006 08:26 AM

hahaha.. i better get a vip card !!! or else !!!!!!!! i am coming over to your place to flip tables !!! lol =)

congrats bro on a soon to open restaurant !!!

ExcelPremium 10-26-2006 01:59 PM

yay~ opening soon ^^

hopefully no delays, looking forward to it in dec!

P902 10-26-2006 07:08 PM

sweetness, can't wait to check it out

Senna4ever 10-27-2006 01:36 AM

Good luck with everything!

Don't steal my customers! :p j/k

WhiteVitz 10-27-2006 04:00 AM

congrat to your new restaruant!

is it going to be AYCE or other style?

Obsideon 10-27-2006 04:35 AM

WhiteVitz: Get with the program! Haha j/k, anyways no this new hotspot will definitely NOT be AYCE, yet easily affordable. AYCE would totally ruin the ambience, and quality of food.

Well as of this moment I'm not exactly sure what I'm planning on doing. Well the main trunk of it would be Japanese obviously. Then it could possibly branch off into many many different styles. Western, izakaya, sushi/sashimi. It could possibly be an explosion of many different cultures and ideas! You should come check it out for yourself!

One thing's for sure is there will definitely be lots of drinks! Cheap beer! Fancy *ahem-Delicious* cocktails (I created some myself, they are GOOD! :p). a wide selection of some of the best tasting and most premium Sakes in the world! Wines, Sangria, and pretty much anything else you want, I can do!.. :D

NOTICE:

I forgot one very important thing that many of you have pointed out to me, and that is..

HOW DO I GET THESE CARDS?!

Well stupid me, in the midst of all this excitement I forgot to state such an important issue.

1. The 25% Promotion cards I might have some trouble getting them passed along. I will be giving out a stack to a few people (some are active on RS) to help me pass out to other fellow RS'ers and to their friend's and families. If possible I would like some other volunteers (preferably if I already know you) to help out as well.

hamsup will be one of them so you can harrass him for the cards! :evil

Also I will be placing a batch at other restaurants to be passed out by their staff. The list of branches you can pick them up are as follows:

EBISU - 827 Bute St. (on the corner of Bute & Robson, old Hooters) ~ I will be there most of November setting up so if you happen to be strolling along on Robson you can pass by and pick one up directly from me, my name is Deon
Kamakura Japanese Cuisine - 601 W. Broadway (behind Bread Garden, beside London Drugs)
Kamei Royale - 211 - 1030 W Georgia, Vancouver (on the corner of Alberni & Burrard, 2nd floor, across from the Vancouver Hotel)
Taisho Japanese Restaurant - 15E-4700 Kingsway (inside Metropolis, you can't miss it, across from T.G.I.F.)
Rz Tapas and Sushi - 100-8111 Ackroyd Rd. (Same Parking lot as Chapters.. it's across the street from White Spot and Boston Pizza, can't miss it along No. 3
Daimasu Richmond - 8300 Granville Avenue (Between Garden City and No. 3)

There's 2 other locations but I probably won't have enough, but if I make anymore I will post'em up! :\

ok next..
2. The VIP cards which are issued to the select few can be obtained when they arrive at the new location and present their identification to me

Sp3cial_K 10-27-2006 11:23 AM

sounds like evisu..the jean company

Is this restaurant owned by Japanese or another asian race?

i can't stand going to chinese or viet owned japanese restaurants.

Must be Authentic!

anyways good luck opening

ExcelPremium 10-27-2006 06:24 PM

You have the VIP cards ready?

If so, We could just go to the new store(Ebisu) before it opens and find you to obtain it?

We also get the Normal card's as well from you?(VIP Members)

Autorice 10-27-2006 10:30 PM

other restaurants are willing to help promote your restaurant? that's amazing!
hook me up too :D

Obsideon 10-28-2006 04:02 AM

The cards are in the process of being printed as we speak, so the answer is no they are not ready right now but I'm hoping to recieve them by Nov. 1st!

What_the? 10-28-2006 01:42 PM

Congrats on the soon to be grand opening!

I personally like izakaya style japanese food, but any good japanese food will be an awesome addition to my dining out list.

In terms of the VIP cards, should we ask for you directly when we arrive? (and what is your non-RS name if thats the case), or will whoever greets your guests at the door be aware that there are people who may come to pick up VIP cards? (just so I don't arrive and ask for a VIP card because I was one of the people from RS and the person there thinks i'm crazy)

Obsideon 10-29-2006 04:35 AM

My name is Deon, I thought I mentioned that already but ah wells. =)

superstylin 10-30-2006 12:37 AM

oh darn.. might i get into the sushi extravaganza?

maybe i can't get on the vip list.. but my girl works at taisho@metropolis so is it cool if i get her to grab me the 25%grand opening card??

congrats deon!

HOTSHOTKEN 10-30-2006 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSiR
Senna4ever - hmm.. I am not aware of it, but I doubt it since City Hall has approved my license to use that name, unless THAT establishment isn't licensed or it's not really a restaurant.

The one by the library is called Ebi Ten. It's a really small joint with only about 8 items to choose from. Definitely fast food style. It shouldn't cause any confusion.

Anyways, AznSiR, congrats on the restaurant. In addition to the dinner / lunch question, do you plan to open late, especially if you do more izakaya style? I hope the sake list will be a good one ... I find very few establishments here in Vancouver ever put the effort into choosing the right kinds of sakes to serve w/ their food.

willystyle 10-30-2006 10:05 AM

Get some Shochu.. Man, I prefer that over Sake.

hamsup 10-30-2006 02:34 PM

I'll post when i get the promo cards..

i think it is too late to get on the VIP card list... cuz they is a very limited amount...

Obsideon 10-31-2006 12:52 AM

ARGH! There was some 'slight' confusion in terms of getting the cards printed, but no worries they 'should' still be ready to be distributed by Nov 1st!

Quote:

Originally posted by superstylin
oh darn.. might i get into the sushi extravaganza?

maybe i can't get on the vip list.. but my girl works at taisho@metropolis so is it cool if i get her to grab me the 25%grand opening card??

congrats deon!

superstylin - I don't see a problem with that, the more the merrier! :D

Quote:

Originally posted by HOTSHOTKEN
The one by the library is called Ebi Ten. It's a really small joint with only about 8 items to choose from. Definitely fast food style. It shouldn't cause any confusion.

Anyways, AznSiR, congrats on the restaurant. In addition to the dinner / lunch question, do you plan to open late, especially if you do more izakaya style? I hope the sake list will be a good one ... I find very few establishments here in Vancouver ever put the effort into choosing the right kinds of sakes to serve w/ their food.

HOTSHOTKEN - Thanks for clarifying that. We will be open pretty late, we're gunning for midnight on weekdays and probably 1ish on weekends, but that could change as we are re-applying for a license to open even later.
About the sake, for sure it will be a great list. I have sales representatives coming in from Yoshinogawa, Hakutsuru, SCB, and throng of others trying to push their product at my establishment. I will be 'personally' :D testing all of them for quality and value along with the rest of my staff before putting it on the menu. There will be plenty to choose from!

Quote:

Originally posted by willystyle
Get some Shochu.. Man, I prefer that over Sake.
There will most definitely be a variety of Shochu's to choose from, the simple Moonlight to the aged Enma are at your disposal, on the rocks, with lemon, hot water, up to you! Also many, many cocktails will also have Shochu infused to create a unique, delicious blend of drinks.

Also Plum Wines for dessert is great!

I'll keep you guys posted!

~ Deon

superstylin 10-31-2006 12:56 AM

^^ sweet! thanks alot man!

hahah i can see it now.. all RS'ers will have to do is flash a RS lanyard at the door and you're in. :D

Meowjin 10-31-2006 01:11 AM

This will be a new dining experience for me...

HOTSHOTKEN 10-31-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSiR
HOTSHOTKEN - Thanks for clarifying that. We will be open pretty late, we're gunning for midnight on weekdays and probably 1ish on weekends, but that could change as we are re-applying for a license to open even later.
About the sake, for sure it will be a great list. I have sales representatives coming in from Yoshinogawa, Hakutsuru, SCB, and throng of others trying to push their product at my establishment. I will be 'personally' :D testing all of them for quality and value along with the rest of my staff before putting it on the menu. There will be plenty to choose from!

Ooh ... not bad. I'm very keen on trying as many different kinds of dai-ginjo as possible (& as long as they fit the pocketbook!). Looking forward to seeing the selection. Any chance to join in on the taste test? ;)

Oh, and I didn't mean to ignore the shochus or plum wines ... just not a huge fan when drinking straight up.

Cocktails ... good stuff! I have a few interesting ideas on cocktails using sake, shochu, green tea liquor, etc ... not 100% tested though! haha...

I wish I were back in Japan ... there's so many different sakes to choose from!

ctsport 11-01-2006 12:57 AM

congrats man! :D I will come for dinner next time Iam in DT :D

!oHenry 11-02-2006 04:33 PM

O i cant wait to try your restarant...CONGRATZ on the opening
still trying to get an rs card tho