REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: EBISU on Robson (https://www.revscene.net/forums/429366-review-ebisu-robson.html)

HOTSHOTKEN 12-28-2006 10:39 PM

what are the operating hours?

Obsideon 12-29-2006 01:22 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

grock: Izakaya Tapas, Sushi rolls (Specialty chef creations), Sashimi, pasta, burgers 'n sandwiches! I'm sure the selection will satisfy you :)

girlie: Which one were you? I was there, should have looked for me and said hi! I think I can still muster up a few more cards if u ask nicely! hehe Your dish was the Takowasa, it's a great appy, especially with beer/sake! Don't try to order everything in 1 try you'll regret it lol, come back more often!

iceburner: Next time you come down look for me, I would like to meet the fellow RSers that take the time and effort to come down. I'm really grateful for that! Ya and about the tables.. some of them are tad too small .. but no worries next time I'll take you to a bigger table! The nachos.. hm.. it has gone through a few stages of metamorphasis.. at first it was kinda oriental.. but didn't taste as good.. so.. well.. there might be some more changes in the future as I'm soaking in all the great feedback from all you guys and applying it in the kitchen!

Jace: Last night there were a few big tables haha! :p

Trdood: Thanks for dropping by man! There are a couple robata items on the menu already like the asparagus bacon and the yakitori .. also some of the fish is smoked too, just gotta scan the menu more carefully heh. Ya also we thought about adding pics in the menu, sorta like Kamei/Daimasu .. but I felt it didn't fit this atsmosphere as much so we opted out :( ... tiger mayo not sure what I can do .. most of the people told me it was great .. not sure what to change to make it even better... I guess everyone has difference preferences .. =\ The spicy noodles.. did you order the yakiudon + kimchi? If so then ya kimchi is a strong flavour it tends to overpower a lotta foods.. but some people love it ... next time try it just regular! :) .. thx on the other stuff .. and I'll try to spice up the chicken a bit for ya ;)
[BTW I think your friend left her glasses so if she did can you pass the msg for me? or if I stop by the bank, maybe tomorrow morning on my way to the office]

ExcelPremium: Nice meeting you man, thanks for coming I'll see you soon!

HOTSHOTKEN: 5-12 (midnight) Tuesday to Sunday for now, temporary. I'm applying for a licence to extend the hours on weekends to 1 or 2am but not sure when that will be approved. Closed on Mondays for now so me and the chefs can hold meetings & help improve the food on the feedback I'm getting from all you guys!

By Law, on New Years Eve I'm allowed to operate well into the night! 4:00AM! .. let's PARTY!!

Thanks again everyone!

!Tigger 12-29-2006 01:48 AM

Think i can get a Promo Card too Deon?

TRDood 12-29-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSiR

[BTW I think your friend left her glasses so if she did can you pass the msg for me? or if I stop by the bank, maybe tomorrow morning on my way to the office]

ohhhh crap. lol. leave it there, im probably going to pick it up this weekend when i come eat with my gf and i will look at the menu more carefully this time. :p

girlie 12-29-2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSiR
Thanks for the feedback!

girlie: Which one were you? I was there, should have looked for me and said hi! I think I can still muster up a few more cards if u ask nicely! hehe Your dish was the Takowasa, it's a great appy, especially with beer/sake! Don't try to order everything in 1 try you'll regret it lol, come back more often!

Yes that's what it was called....yumm I'm craving so takowasa now...oh and another thing I forgot to mention that was absolutely delicious was the ika menshi? Grilled squid with rice and salmon skin inside. Must make another trip back soon.

I was sitting in the back in a booth with 6 other girls. Our table was laden with stuff as we did our X-mas gift exchange that night and some guy came up and told us to order more slowly since there was no more room....maybe that was you??

Obsideon 12-30-2006 02:23 PM

Crossbone, ya I still got some promo cards I believe, swing by!

girlie: oooh I think I remember that table, you had gifts piled up on the side of the bench? No that wasn't me that came up to you girls, but be sure to look for me next time! Also I don't think that was right what the guy said, whoever it was, I'll find out. It is OUR responsibility to bring out the food to you at a slower/more controlled pace, not to tell you not to order. I'll have to set that straight, sorry 'bout that.

Obsideon 12-30-2006 03:12 PM

Also I'm surprised nobody has noticed that we ONLY use REAL wasabi. It's expensive stuff compared to the powdery imitation stuff that 98% of the other restaurants in Vancouver use, you can really taste the difference, when I had it I've never went back to the old stuff! :rofl:

TRDood 12-31-2006 12:42 AM

no wonder the wasibi has those roots/spikey stuff!
it was different but brain was too slow to process that.

iceburner 12-31-2006 12:54 AM

jACE: Nah, I was with another group. I don't think anyone there goes on Revscene.

AznSir: I did notice the wasabi was flaky, so I thought it was the real stuff, but when I asked my friend, he told me it wasn't. So I thought it was just something else.

willystyle 12-31-2006 03:02 AM

Hey AznSiR, This is Will, Thanks for hookin my buddy and I up with a VIP card. Appreciate it. You guys serve great food, so it's only going to be a matter of time till ur place packs up like every night. I'll be worry about gettin a seat in the house man.. haha

Kagemusha 12-31-2006 11:47 AM

Congrats on the opening :) As someone who has previously been in the hospitality industry for almost a decade, I know how hard it is to open up a restaurant and how much work goes into it behind the scenes. (I never opened one up, but I've thought of it).

Great location and from the looks of the pictures and all, I have no doubts you'll be successful for years and maybe even get some acknowledgement in one of them local hospitality magazines :D

Congrats agian!

Meowjin 12-31-2006 04:39 PM

awesome I get off of work at 3 am at the celler and I will defiantly come down for a bite after work.

Macadamia 01-01-2007 12:17 AM

Great New Year's party BTW,

I really enjoyed the asparagus gyoza, very good vegetarian dish. Orgazmo loved the chicken karaage!

We'll tell more friends to go there!

hamsup 01-01-2007 01:14 PM

belly.. you were there ???? i was there too.. were u at the RS table ???

it was a great party.. though when i left.. no one was really left at the restaurant.. hahahaha !!!

Thanks Deon for a great nite out.. i haven't drank that much since um... err... GRAND OPENING !!! hahahaha....

supersport says he had a blast.. though he is suffering right now.. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaa.....

Meowjin 01-01-2007 05:15 PM

is it open tonight?

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-01-2007 05:48 PM

HOlly i missed eating out this resturant big time!! cant beleive i didnt go there for the countdown dinner.

IS it possible for me getting the discount card?? or itz already been handed out already?

read the review, the food looked really good......cant wait to give it a try
wat are the operating hours? any website?
:p :p

NVM read the operating store hours on the above msgs

iPee 01-01-2007 05:59 PM

man that was a crazy party

Obsideon 01-01-2007 11:45 PM

Oooh crazy party I'm still recovering :o
Thank you all for coming down to make it a blast! I had to turn away over 50 other customers cuz we were completely packed! Thank you all for making NYE better for everyone! I hope you all had fun!
and uh... thank you PUNKS for getting me so many drinks! I still had to work!... kinda .. LOL

Shouts to Donald!, Shoei, Jace, Jason, Kevin and a whole bunch of other people I missed cuz it was just SO CRAZY HECTIC last night!... haha trying to pour 200 champagne glasses in 3 minutes .. erm.. didn't quite make it ... haha

hamsup 01-02-2007 11:06 AM

thats okie... i drank out of a bottle !! lol

jACEDesignsLtd 01-02-2007 05:41 PM

Oh damn. Am I so glad I went to Ebisu for New Years! It was THE best: orime location and view, great atmosphere, good peeps, good food, complementary champagne and noise makers, cool staff, oh damn.. that was da shitz yo!

I had such a bloody good time :D I was even busting out raps to the real slim shady at the end! hahaha

Shoutouts

BellyDancerYuna/OD: TWEET TWEEEEEET (that's all I gotta say)

!SG: Coincidence that some of your crew knew mine!

Ducky: My gf thought you were me LOL

hamsup: oh shit man, you and your brother need to drink more often. I never see you two so crazyyy!

AznSIR: What a guess! Earth, Wind and Fire! I'm glad !SG publicly recognized you because it was well deserved! You did a great job and you have been so accommodating to all your fans on RS since the opening of EBISU.

Ebisu toilet: Thanks for holding my vomit. You're the greatest.

Oh damn.. what's next?!

Ducky 01-02-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jACE

ohh that was your gf, I was wondering why some girl kept grabbing at me. Tell her its all good anytime ;) j/k.

You were wasted Jace thanks for the hug lol, sorry I didnt see you earlier I would of asked you to have a drink with us. (Iam still kinda blind on one side)

Yeah over all great night thanks AznSIR, and I was kidding about the pm man, but still thanks lol.

hamsup 01-03-2007 08:03 AM

its not me that needs to drink more !!! its you lol !!! i was outside having smoke when the slim shady song was playing.. i was like.. fuck.. jace must be busting out his rhymes !!! lol

Quote:

Originally posted by jACE
Oh damn. Am I so glad I went to Ebisu for New Years! It was THE best: orime location and view, great atmosphere, good peeps, good food, complementary champagne and noise makers, cool staff, oh damn.. that was da shitz yo!

I had such a bloody good time :D I was even busting out raps to the real slim shady at the end! hahaha

Shoutouts

BellyDancerYuna/OD: TWEET TWEEEEEET (that's all I gotta say)

!SG: Coincidence that some of your crew knew mine!

hamsup: oh shit man, you and your brother need to drink more often. I never see you two so crazyyy!

AznSIR: What a guess! Earth, Wind and Fire! I'm glad !SG publicly recognized you because it was well deserved! You did a great job and you have been so accommodating to all your fans on RS since the opening of EBISU.

Ebisu toilet: Thanks for holding my vomit. You're the greatest.

Oh damn.. what's next?!

KChen 01-09-2007 04:36 PM

DAMN i went there last nite and thats the only nite you're closed

Obsideon 01-10-2007 02:09 AM

Oh dude sorry 'bout that KChen,

Yeah for these few weeks we're closing on Mondays so the managerial staff can have a full-on meeting about working out the kinks that might have popped up over the week, improving the food dishes that I got great feedback from (You guys + other customers) .. nitpicking the little things the servers slacked on, reworking the menu a bit here and there, taking out the less popular ones, putting in new ideas.

But we WILL be operating 7 days a week starting February (5th?) so no worries!

Supafly 01-10-2007 05:38 AM

wow, i still havent had the time to check out your place!...and im only about a 10 minute walk away!.. one day im going to bring all my bental buddies down to have lunch at your place...=)