REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

BTW that link...its genius, i am doing that to my car and ill post results after...it seem like a perfect plan and i am on a low budget
Advertisement

Last edited by DeviantRebel442; 06-10-2007 at 06:55 PM.
DeviantRebel442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #27
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
So how much is it for Maaco Canada's higher end paint job? Their website says "$1000" or more. I mean, thats ballpark but pretty generic
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #28
retired

its impossible to give an accurate estimate over the phone or online.

if you want an accurate estimate, swing by the shop and get somebody to take a look at it.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post
So how much is it for Maaco Canada's higher end paint job? Their website says "$1000" or more. I mean, thats ballpark but pretty generic
For anyone that would still want to know> I paid $711 at Macco in Abbotsford for a base clear paint job. Looked almost show car good for about 1 month (got it done in the summer, did all sanding myself) but after the winter it was starting to flake on the bumpers and around the windows. The paint was also applied very very very thin so any thing causes irreversible damage. The paint at the front looked like it had had 20 years of sand blasting as well. If you choose to use macco pull all trim off to prevent over spray as well as good wheels because there is always lots of cleanup! I think the car could have turned out better for 300 more. For macco you can choose how much paint is going to be on your car essentially!
325ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Well I thought I would put some input into this post..... we painted my car in about 4 hrs from start to finish! The paint supplies costed me less then $150 and about $50 for prep stuff roughly. So everything said and done its a $200 paint job for a full respray including jams and the trunk. Labour was free for me but I was quoted abotu $800 for a paint job of this style, base clear with a white pearl.

Before:

Base Coat:

Clear Coat:

After:

Done:
whitescirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I'm sooo tempted to try that Tremclad shit!!
anyone got a rust bucket and a garage they wanna try it on?! I'm willing to volunteer to helpout and put it to the test!
I mean for that price and an awesome result? It sounds a bit... shady to me. But hell if it turns out to be true.. I'm going to do it to my prelude LOL!!!

So anyone up for this challenge?!
strayheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitescirocco View Post
Well I thought I would put some input into this post..... we painted my car in about 4 hrs from start to finish! The paint supplies costed me less then $150 and about $50 for prep stuff roughly. So everything said and done its a $200 paint job for a full respray including jams and the trunk. Labour was free for me but I was quoted abotu $800 for a paint job of this style, base clear with a white pearl.

Before:

Base Coat:

Clear Coat:

After:

Done:
pretty good man
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Considering painting equipment is nearly disposable (princess auto etc), it is cheaper to get paint vs bottles of rattle cans.

Junk yards have tons of scrap these days you can pick a piece and test.. eg places like Affordable Auto Parts in Burnaby seems to have a BMW carcass outside.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote