REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #451
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

I think i was connected to retentions this way. (wasnt my intention to talk to retention)
As soon as i got connected to a cs rep i said can i know how much time i have left on my contract?
CS replied, another rep can help u with that and connected me to another rep. and that new rep was super nice and stuff, im guessing it was retentions. but i wasnt planning to negotiate at that time!

anyways guys i wanna try to get a better plan and need your help.

Is it possible to get a retention/bonus with 2 years left on contract? If no dont bother reading i guess.

I rarely go over my regular bill. which is probably not good for getting a good plan, but also could be a reason i can use.
I've been with rogers since, august 11 2008,
HUP last year in may so
about 2 years remaining on contract!

My Current: (everything is regular price)
$30 Mega Incoming (Q3-2007)
Ulimited local/100wkday + 50wkday bonus
Add-on 15$ value pack. (monthly subscription)
total = $58.74

My hope: get a 500MB data plan and maybe even more!?!?! without any changes to the plan or increase in bill.
do u guys think its possible? any ideas on how.

i was thinking about saying how i want the above and telus might be able to make it happen since my mom has been with tehm for 12 years and i can open an acc under her name. and maybe something like my friend has been with rogers for 2 years(same with me) and he has a retentions plan much better than mine.
also since i rarely go over my regular rates, i sometimes feel that i dont need a phone(showing that im serious about canceling)
but having a data plan will make me use it more etc. something along those lines.

also, last time when i called to add value pack, CR told me that my plan is actually awesome since they dont offer free incoming anymore. maybe they counter with that and say they cant offer anything more?

any similar experiences? feedback please. sorta long read sorry.
Advertisement
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #452
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If my contract is expiring next month and I'm planning to switch to either a BB9700 or an iphone and also hoping I can land one of the awesome plans listed in this thread with data, should I just threaten to cancel like normal or what should I do?
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #453
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimi1004 View Post
I think i was connected to retentions this way. (wasnt my intention to talk to retention)
As soon as i got connected to a cs rep i said can i know how much time i have left on my contract?
CS replied, another rep can help u with that and connected me to another rep. and that new rep was super nice and stuff, im guessing it was retentions. but i wasnt planning to negotiate at that time!

anyways guys i wanna try to get a better plan and need your help.

Is it possible to get a retention/bonus with 2 years left on contract? If no dont bother reading i guess.

I rarely go over my regular bill. which is probably not good for getting a good plan, but also could be a reason i can use.
I've been with rogers since, august 11 2008,
HUP last year in may so
about 2 years remaining on contract!

My Current: (everything is regular price)
$30 Mega Incoming (Q3-2007)
Ulimited local/100wkday + 50wkday bonus
Add-on 15$ value pack. (monthly subscription)
total = $58.74

My hope: get a 500MB data plan and maybe even more!?!?! without any changes to the plan or increase in bill.
do u guys think its possible? any ideas on how.

i was thinking about saying how i want the above and telus might be able to make it happen since my mom has been with tehm for 12 years and i can open an acc under her name. and maybe something like my friend has been with rogers for 2 years(same with me) and he has a retentions plan much better than mine.
also since i rarely go over my regular rates, i sometimes feel that i dont need a phone(showing that im serious about canceling)
but having a data plan will make me use it more etc. something along those lines.

also, last time when i called to add value pack, CR told me that my plan is actually awesome since they dont offer free incoming anymore. maybe they counter with that and say they cant offer anything more?

any similar experiences? feedback please. sorta long read sorry.
good luck trying to get retentions to give u data for free.

my try went like this.

i previously had:

100+50weekday minutes
unlim weeknights/ends
unlim fido/rogers
smartphone value pack which included caller id and enhanced voice mail
(hell i dont even know wtf is "enhanced")

paying $5X.XX a month with tax with a $5 credit

i called in, was all nice and stuff, told them i want 500MB of data, but was kind of costly, so asked to see if they can do anything for me. after talk talk and talk, all they can do is give me another $5 off the $25 500MB data.

this is with 1 year left on my contract.
oh and it was hella frustrating getting data to work on my blackberry, i had to call back in 3 times and 1 live support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #454
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Is this plan any good?

200(or was it 300)minutes
Unlimited from 9pm
Unlimited Weekends
500mb Data
Unlimited Text Messages
Caller ID for $8(not free)

for $67 taxed in with Caller ID, It's one of the Rogers plans that everyone can get. They have Blackberry 9700 for $25 for new activations.

Should I stay with my current plan and not cancel but HUP(which is in 20days) and pay $149 for the BB9700 but talk to the relations department for a better plan then the $67 listed and possible a reduced discount from $149 as well or should I just go for the new activation and take the $66.70 plan listed above.
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #455
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,251 Times in 577 Posts
Just got off retentions with Rogers and here is what they gave me:

300 Daytime Minutes
Unlimited Network Calling
500MB Data
Caller ID/Voice Message and whatevers included in the $10 bundle
Unlimited Incomings
Unlimited Weekends / Unlimited Weekdays after 6
2500 Texts

Apparently, I'm getting the $10 bundle for free, unlimited Incoming for free, unlimited weekends and weekdays after 6 for free.

$42 before tax. What do you guys think? and a Blackberry Bold 9700 for $125 with the $35 HUP fee waived. No SAF/911 fee as well.

Last edited by HonestTea; 03-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #456
degenerate extraordinaire

500gb data, eh?

I am looking for something similar too, but my contract doesn't expire for about 2 years so I have very little leverage.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #457

^ Fixed LOL

I wish I had 500gb
Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #458

did you go for the friendly approach or the all out wanna rip 'em to shreds approach?

I'm still trying to gather information to get a good deal, and I would have to completely modify my plan to do it since I'm on a corporate plan, there is zero flexibility, methinks.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #459

Friendly approach, pretty much talked to the CS rep for a bit and I told them what "Bell" was offering.

From CCTW:
Quote:
200 min daytime
unlimited after 6pm
unlimited incoming
network calling
500mb data
$10 retentions value pack

= $48.12 tax in...
She talked with the relations department, transferred me to another guy and they were both pretty friendly, told him about the plan and he could match it. It should be a bit cheaper then CCTW's plan. Too bad I didn't see ShyGuy's plan before I called or else I would've gotten them to match his,

ShyGuy
Quote:
Didn't think my old plan could get any better. I guess I was wrong.

700 Minutes Daytime
Unlimited Evening/Weekend Starting at 6pm
Unlimited Incoming
Caller ID
2500 TXT
6GB Data Plan
Visual Voicemail

After all credits its $45 (and I don't have to pay SAF). Oh and I got a BB Bold for $149
Oh well, I still have 15 days to cancel or get a better plan lol
Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #460
I subscribe to Revscene

What the fuck is up with rogers incorrectly recording my data usage??? It's the 13th of the month and my data counter on my htc magic says I've used 198mb and my limit is 1GB. Why the hell did I get a msg this morning saying I've reached 80% of my data limit?? There is NO way in hell I've already used 800mb I have not watched any YouTube videos!! This is a crime!
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #461

Anyone planning to hold off their renewal or HUP and possibly jump ships to WIND?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #462
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i just got my HUP yesterday, was there alwasy a $35 activation fee?
i dont remember it being there a few years back...
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #463
How I Mod your mother

How are you guys going about getting unlimited calling at 6pm? I'm still at 8pm
I dont know what argument to use to get it lol

Has anyone gotten them to wave the $35 activation fee on HUP?
I called rogers yesterday and I was told I can get the 9700 for $149.95 + $35 a.f. however it renews my contract for another 3 yrs, which I'm fine with.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #464
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
Just got off retentions with Rogers and here is what they gave me:

300 Daytime Minutes
500MB Data
Caller ID/Voice Message and whatevers included in the $10 bundle
Unlimited Incomings
Unlimited Weekends / Unlimited Weekdays after 6
2500 Texts

Apparently, I'm getting the $10 bundle for free, unlimited Incoming for free, unlimited weekends and weekdays after 6 for free.

$42 before tax. What do you guys think? and a Blackberry Bold 9700 for $125 with the $35 HUP fee waived. No SAF/911 fee as well.
This is exactly what I'm gonna try and aim for today when I get off work.
I've got almost the same thing sans unlimited weekdays at 6, network calling and the cheaper pricetag
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #465
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Called again today.. Well called more than once

350 day time
Unlimited evenings and weekend (5PM to 7AM)
Rogers to rogers
Call Display
Voicemail
500 sent text/unlimited receiving

22.70 taxes and fees included

I tried to push for network calling but no luck. Oh well, I'm happy. Though MelonBoy has a way more kickass plan than this. Signed on for another 3 years.
What did you say to get this plan? Were you off contract?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
This is exactly what I'm gonna try and aim for today when I get off work.
I've got almost the same thing sans unlimited weekdays at 6, network calling and the cheaper pricetag
Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #467
How I Mod your mother

So I was pretty successful on my first shot, renewed my plan for another 3 yrs though.

Ended up getting:

Unltd network calling
Unltd evenings at 5pm
No SAF, no 911 fee
$5.00 off blackberry data value pack for my term
Bold 9700 for $149

to offset the activation fee of the 9700 I ordered he gave me $25 credit towards my monthly bill for the next 2 months

After that I'm paying about $0.15 more per month?
Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #468

How much are you paying in total?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #469
How I Mod your mother

It comes to $52.58 before taxes, so in total I'm paying $58.89/mth
Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #470

Not bad not bad, you're on the $50 plan right?

How much credits do you have after the first two months?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #471
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
What did you say to get this plan? Were you off contract?
Same deal as before. If you search through this thread or a similar one, I think I posted how I got it.

Regardless, I initially called in to see why the hell my calls weren't going through and how I was basically without a cellphone but a paper weight for over 3 hrs during a day. I had never intended to get a new contract or extend my previous one.

They basically called me a liar saying if that happened, they would have been notified or would have received more calls about it so I basically told them to reassess their lives because what I experienced first hand cannot be falsified by them saying it didn't happen. I knew I was right since it was when they were upgrading some towers and what not and the over flow of people using the rogers networks for the olympics.

Because they basically said what I had experience was not real or "could not have happened" in their words, I asked how long was left in my contract and how much would it be if I were to cancel. She told me (had 1.5 years left in the contract though I have been with them for about 8 years now), I then asked her to cancel my contract since I do not wish to be with a provider that basically gives me no service for what I'm paying them and then have them call me a liar when I report it.

She then passes me off to retentions were I was able to get this new contract and stay with them for another year. All together, I was polite and nice about everything but got a little upset/irritated when they said what happened to me "could not have happened". For the retention folks, I basically restated what I said to the first agent and got it. I somehow then called back to ask for network calling but then they just gave me an extra 100 or so mins to push me to 350.

Hope that helps.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #472
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
Not bad not bad, you're on the $50 plan right?

How much credits do you have after the first two months?
Well my base plan is $25, then I'm paying another $25 for my blackberry value pack, plus some bs government regulatory fee of $2.58

I know I'm being credited for the unlimited incoming, I'm pretty sure I'm being credited for the unlimited network calling and early evenings, plus the $5.00 off my blackberry pack

I'm not sure how much all of those features cost individually if anything at all?
Not sure if that answers your question or not
Quote:
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #473
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Do retentions waive the SAF often now?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #474
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
^I actually got mine waived today for a year.

I called in wanting to get a 9700, the girl was nice but her voice was mean. I got the 9700 for $149.99 + 35 activation w.e. Got 100mins added to my account and then I got the SAF waived.

200mins + 100 bonus
Unl E/W 6pm
500mb
caller id/voicemail
unlimited sms/mms
-$7 SAF
-$5 plan credit
-$5 data credit

$35.50 a month
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #475

^ wow that's EXACLTY what I want