REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #2326
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
You can do better. I got offered that exact plan for 50 plus tax, but I declind
Posted via RS Mobile
U should've accepted! It's $10 than what you pay right now and you get unlimited minutes, Canada wide calling, and +500mb data
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
dicecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecube View Post
U should've accepted! It's $10 than what you pay right now and you get unlimited minutes, Canada wide calling, and +500mb data. Those 3 options would cost roughly $30+ alone.
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #2328
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I like how rogers/fido allows you to change you plan when you still have contract
Posted via RS Mobile
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #2329
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
U should've accepted! It's $10 than what you pay right now and you get unlimited minutes, Canada wide calling, and +500mb data
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah, but I can't make any use of the unlimited minutes (use less than 200mins a month), and +500mb is not a big deal for me haha. I'm a lot happier with the $40 + tax plan I got after renegotiating.

Since you got offered $55 for it, probably gave you $15 credit off the $70 plan. Call again, and I'm sure you can get it for $50 + tax.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #2330

makes sense thanks bro any tips on what to say to retentions? I'm close its just $5 off. And I forgot to mention that they gave me a Samsung galaxy s4 for renewing
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by dicecube; 05-16-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #2331
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Rogers revamps monthly rate plans | MobileSyrup.com

New rates are up today.

As far as talking to retentions, I've had far more success with male reps vs. female reps. No idea why...

My new plan is:

3GB LTE
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes/calling
Unlimited Text/MMS/Video Messages
Call Display & Visual VM
100 messages from Canada to International
$50 + taxes

I upgraded to a HTC One as well for $99+taxes.

If history repeats itself, they should start offering a 6GB LTE plan for cheap around July.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #2332

Was your contract up?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #2333

Quote:
makes sense thanks bro any tips on what to say to retentions? I'm close its just $5 off. And I forgot to mention that they gave me a Samsung galaxy s4 for renewing
Posted via RS Mobile
Fido has $50 for 1gb, Koodo and Virgin has 1gb for $45
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #2334
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^Koodo/Virgin should be $50 for 1GB
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #2335

^My bad, Koodo doesn't have it, but Virgin does.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #2336
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Didn't notice this 'Paper Invoice Fee' till today

Heads up: If you're a Rogers Wireless customer, switch to paperless billing, otherwise you're gonna get dinged $2/month.

$2 Paper Invoice Fee

We implemented a paper invoice fee back in August 2011 for new wireless customers or existing wireless customers who made certain changes to their account. We recently reached out to any of our existing wireless customers who haven’t made one of those changes to their account and asked them to make a choice: (i) enroll in online billing for free, or (ii) continue with paper invoices for a monthly fee. Should you decide to continue with paper invoices, you’ll be charged a $2 per month paper invoice fee (plus applicable taxes) starting on your first invoice on or after April 9, 2013.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #2337
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Didn't notice this 'Paper Invoice Fee' till today

Heads up: If you're a Rogers Wireless customer, switch to paperless billing, otherwise you're gonna get dinged $2/month.

$2 Paper Invoice Fee

We implemented a paper invoice fee back in August 2011 for new wireless customers or existing wireless customers who made certain changes to their account. We recently reached out to any of our existing wireless customers who haven’t made one of those changes to their account and asked them to make a choice: (i) enroll in online billing for free, or (ii) continue with paper invoices for a monthly fee. Should you decide to continue with paper invoices, you’ll be charged a $2 per month paper invoice fee (plus applicable taxes) starting on your first invoice on or after April 9, 2013.
I switched to paperless billing a long time ago. I find paper billing kinda bothersome anyways. I don't really look at it and it just takes up space until I shred it and throw it away for recycling.....
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #2338
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
Fido has $50 for 1gb, Koodo and Virgin has 1gb for $45
currently paying $56 plus tax with Fido
Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls
Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
2 GB of data
Call Display with Name Display and WhoCalled
2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes + Visual Voicemail
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #2339

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
quick question, I phoned Rogers to discuss options on my plan, long story short, I think rogers screwed up but to my benefit. So my question is, once they give you a confirmation number and closed the notes, does that mean whatever they did can't be undone?
Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #2340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
currently paying $56 plus tax with Fido
Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls
Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
2 GB of data
Call Display with Name Display and WhoCalled
2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes + Visual Voicemail
this plan is not available anymore. it was only available during the holiday season
Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #2341
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I have 17 months left on my contract
My iPhone 4S is starting to act up
I'm out of warranty

What are the chances of me getting a hardware upgrade without paying 221 dollars plus 35
Early upgrade fee??

Oh and I've been with robbers for 10+ years
Old 05-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #2342

I'd say. Depending on the phone u want. The newer the phone. The lower tthe chance they will waive the fees
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #2343

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
ok, i have a story for you!

august 2012 i renewed my contract and got a lumia 900, last week i called in because my lumia 900 was defective and i was under warranty so they sent me a new lumia 900. Wednesday i phoned rogers to ask a simple question, "how much would i have to pay to unsubsidize my phone so i can get the galaxy s4".

The lady took a minute to view my account and said "well, you got the lumia 900 a few days ago, so your still within the buyers remorse time frame; just send the phone back and we can send you the galaxy s4 for 199 and i'll waive the 35 dollar admin fee". I thought everything went great, that they bypassed the upgrade fee and are sending me an s4. I sent back my lumia 900 that very same day.

Friday comes along and im at work and i get the email that my hardware has been shipped. Awesome! Then a few hours later i get another email, an account confirmation email. Apparently on Wednesday, the rogers lady signed me up for a NEW account ON TOP of my existing account (now i have two lines). So i phone rogers later that night and explained the situation. the man on the phone understood what happened and that i have to call retentions the next day because they are closed. i said fine.

TODAY. i called retentions, explained the situation very very politely. and the guy over the phone said "when the s4 comes in, refuse delivery so the account gets cancelled right away. and wait for the lumia 900 to come back to us". That was it!

at this point i was pretty pissed off, i went into and actual rogers store and asked how much would it cost to cancel my plan. i told them the situation and he was surprised that retentions didn't do anything to help me. he said he understands that im pissed and he would be just as mad, he apologized and asked me to try again with retentions and be really firm with them. I said fine.

I called retentions today AGAIN, spoke to a lady this time, she said the same thing as the previous retentions rep and said "we can definitely give you the s4 for 199, plus you would have to pay 350 for the upgrade fee". I told her, All i want is for someone to take responsibility and honor what was told to me. and then she said NO. I then asked if i could speak to someone else, she informs the management people and then i get transferred to management.

Now comes Diane from the management team. I explained to her from the very beginning what happened and how I am feeling on how this is being dealt. She listened completely with what i said and i told her "I am calling from a landline because i was told to return the lumia and not accept the s4 shipment, I don't have a working cellphone because of this". she put me on hold for a couple minutes and then said, i will wave the maximum allowable percentage off the upgrade fee 75%. meaning i only have to pay 88 dollars to get the s4 under renewal price. and she apologized for what i went through with the agents and the miscommunication and told me to head to the nearest rogers store to pick up my S4.

I was happy that somebody actually wanted to help me out. Diane is the nicest and most sincere rogers employee i have ever dealt with and im glad that this was all sorted out. now I am enjoying my S4.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #2344
Rs has made me the man i am today!

After calling Rogers retentions to negotiate a new plan many times and them not budging..I cancelled and went to Fido $39 plan today instead . The guy even told me to go ahead and go with Fido, and this after being a rogers customer for ~10yrs

Rogers can go F*CK themselves.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #2345
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Fido is rogers... They basically got you to go on a retail plan which is the best thing to happen to rogers.
Posted via RS Mobile
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #2346
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
I was happy that somebody actually wanted to help me out. Diane is the nicest and most sincere rogers employee i have ever dealt with and im glad that this was all sorted out. now I am enjoying my S4.
i'm glad it didn't turn out to be a horrible mess. but at the end of the day rogers went back on their word and managed to squeeze out another 88 for your hassles... fuck rogers
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
After calling Rogers retentions to negotiate a new plan many times and them not budging..I cancelled and went to Fido $39 plan today instead . The guy even told me to go ahead and go with Fido, and this after being a rogers customer for ~10yrs

If it makes you feel any better, you can call into Fido retentions 3 months later and ask for a $5 credit. You should be able to get it without any problems.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #2348
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post

I also ported my number to Fido after Rogers refusal to match the plan too.. not bad considering the plan is $39 and I only have to pay $50 for the nexus 4.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #2349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
I also ported my number to Fido after Rogers refusal to match the plan too.. not bad considering the plan is $39 and I only have to pay $50 for the nexus 4.
nexus 4 is free now if you activate it from best buy.
Posted via RS Mobile
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #2350
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
New CRTC wireless rules demand 2-year contract cap, unlocked phones - Business - CBC News
LUUUUUUUU is offline   Reply With Quote