REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2376
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
If you are a new customer going into a new contract, you can't hup until either 24 or 30 months into the 3 year term. I forget what the conditions were for those amount of time. It's a steal to get the blackberry and get the 300$ credit. If you don't mind using your current phone for a couple more years, definitely sell the blackberry.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #2377
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Rogers is tough these days..
I've been a customer for 10+ years and couldn't even get anything remotely close to the plan I had before. They suggested a plan that was about $20 more than what I was paying for previously. The retention reps are really hit or miss. Guess I'll have to give up my retentions line and go with Fido or the corporate plan.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #2378
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I just signed up with the corporate plan (I work in the healthcare system). I got the $150 credit as a new customer porting from Fido; free HTC One!
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #2379
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas View Post
Rogers is tough these days..
I've been a customer for 10+ years and couldn't even get anything remotely close to the plan I had before. They suggested a plan that was about $20 more than what I was paying for previously. The retention reps are really hit or miss. Guess I'll have to give up my retentions line and go with Fido or the corporate plan.
You have to be patient. I'm finding it is taking longer to negotiate a better plan this time around.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #2380
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
U can do a hup later.. U don't have to sign a new contract usually when you switch to a new plan.
They told me I start a new contract when I use my hup.
Posted via RS Mobile
I was told the same. I can switch to a new plan and contract length stays the same until I decide to do my HUP
Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2381
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

So are you just calling in multiple times hoping to get a decent retention rep?
Not sure I have the time for that and Fido has some decent deals.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #2382
Banned By Establishment

I called every few days for just over a week until a rep gave me what I wanted.
This time I am going to see if I qualify for the $50 bundle Gov plan.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #2383
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
Let us know how that goes.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #2384
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
do you know what the MSD code is? the reps keep telling me that i need to get that first
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #2385

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
first rep I talked to had no problem looking it up for me...
Renthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #2386
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
I just signed up with the corporate plan (I work in the healthcare system). I got the $150 credit as a new customer porting from Fido; free HTC One!
Hmm wait a second. Were you in a contract with Fido?

If I remember right, to switch to Rogers while in a Fido contract, you must:
1. Call Fido and tell them
2. Fido will forward you to the "Interbrand team". You sign up for a consumer plan from Rogers.com (not retention plans, not discounted plans and certainly not corporate plans)

Fido will then waive the cancellation fee after 1-2 months, when they can verify that:
1. Your Rogers bill is the same name and address, same phone number as Fido
2. You are on a regular Rogers consumer plan

When you receive the bill with waived cancellation fee, then you can switch to a corporate plan.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
first rep I talked to had no problem looking it up for me...
It took me 4 calls and 2 hours, but i finally got someone that would look it up for me and got me the right plan....*sigh*
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #2388
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil-300 View Post
do you know what the MSD code is? the reps keep telling me that i need to get that first
I was told I have to contact my IT department to get that code and I have to give them my work email as proof.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #2389

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
What time do you guys usually call at?

Heard its better to call around closing time? Like 7PM or something?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Hmm wait a second. Were you in a contract with Fido?

If I remember right, to switch to Rogers while in a Fido contract, you must:
1. Call Fido and tell them
2. Fido will forward you to the "Interbrand team". You sign up for a consumer plan from Rogers.com (not retention plans, not discounted plans and certainly not corporate plans)

Fido will then waive the cancellation fee after 1-2 months, when they can verify that:
1. Your Rogers bill is the same name and address, same phone number as Fido
2. You are on a regular Rogers consumer plan

When you receive the bill with waived cancellation fee, then you can switch to a corporate plan.
Luckily, I was month-to-month (which is another story lol). I did the following:

1. Called into Fido, saying I will be porting my number to Fido. They were apparently "busy" so they didn't transfer me to the interbrand migration dept., but had put a note in my file that the number was to be ported.

2. Called Roger's corporate line, saying I wanted to port from Fido to Roger's.
The guy who set it up said that he'd have to sign me up for a consumer plan, then switch to corporate plan.

3. I called Fido to make sure there would be no fees; they confirmed I wouldn't have cancellation fee or have to pay the extra month of non-service.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #2391
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
Luckily, I was month-to-month (which is another story lol). I did the following:

1. Called into Fido, saying I will be porting my number to Fido. They were apparently "busy" so they didn't transfer me to the interbrand migration dept., but had put a note in my file that the number was to be ported.

2. Called Roger's corporate line, saying I wanted to port from Fido to Roger's.
The guy who set it up said that he'd have to sign me up for a consumer plan, then switch to corporate plan.

3. I called Fido to make sure there would be no fees; they confirmed I wouldn't have cancellation fee or have to pay the extra month of non-service.
Regarding number 2: The guy who set it up said that he'd have to sign me up for a consumer plan, then switch to corporate plan.

Did the agent sign you up on a consumer plan, then just changed to the corporate plan immediately within the minute? Or did they say you have to be on the consumer plan until the fee is waived off (one or two months)?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #2392

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil-300 View Post

i got the MSD/RootBan# from the corporate accountant rep. but the easiest way to do it is to walk into a rogers store with your latest pay stub and some form of id and then ask them to look up the MSD code and get them to tag that id onto your account. then when you call the business line for rogers, they should see your msd code and easily transfer you over to the corporate plans.

i also did not have a work email for them but they did ask for my employee id number. also gave them my cc info and drivers license. and that was it.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
i got the MSD/RootBan# from the corporate accountant rep. but the easiest way to do it is to walk into a rogers store with your latest pay stub and some form of id and then ask them to look up the MSD code and get them to tag that id onto your account. then when you call the business line for rogers, they should see your msd code and easily transfer you over to the corporate plans.

i also did not have a work email for them but they did ask for my employee id number. also gave them my cc info and drivers license. and that was it.
I gave them my place of work, work email address and employee number over the phone but not all of the reps know how to look up the MSD codes properly - all of them tried (supposedly). They kept finding more expensive CORP350 plans... and not the good $20 one that I wanted.

I asked the rep if she would share the code with me, but she wouldn't lol.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #2394

you can try calling in again hoping you get a different rep to see if they will look up the code for you and tag your account with it. or go to a rogers store and get them to look it up for you. i don't see why they can't share it with you since you have all your ID in place.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #2395
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,770 Times in 911 Posts
^^
I walked into a store the other day where my friend works and they tried to look up the code, it came up but when she called in for me the agent said that code isn't actually the correct one and had to get it through my work directly which they won't give out

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Regarding number 2: The guy who set it up said that he'd have to sign me up for a consumer plan, then switch to corporate plan.

Did the agent sign you up on a consumer plan, then just changed to the corporate plan immediately within the minute? Or did they say you have to be on the consumer plan until the fee is waived off (one or two months)?
This is where it got weird.
He had said I only needed to call them when I got my phone + sim, then he'd change it.
The next day I had called them again due to some other issue, and she told me I could have been assigned the corporate plan immediately (which she apparently changed for me). I'll phone Roger's when I get my phone and ask about it to make sure.

I asked my co-worker about her switch. She said that she has to be on a consumer plan for a month because she was still in a contract with Fido; this would also negate any cancellation fees with Fido. Hope that helps!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #2397

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
holy fuck got a woman rep offering me a $100 RETENTION PLAN

Fucking kidding me

Useless.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #2398
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

damn tried calling again and the best they can offer is:

500 MB
1000 day time min
free after 6 PM
Unlimited text
Unlimited voice and caller ID
=$45 + tax

My plan right now
1GB
Unlimited talk and text
Voice mail and caller ID
=$50 + tax
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #2399
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Let us know how that goes.
So I managed to qualify for the Government corporate plan.
The nice thing is the business csr I got only changed my voice plan and did not touch my data b/c I already had 6 gigs.
The only thing I have to get use to now is that I do not have unlimited local calling anymore. When he checked my usage, I was averaging about 400 minutes a month. Seeing as it a per second billing, I an going to keeo an eye on my usage.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #2400
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
So I managed to qualify for the Government corporate plan.
The nice thing is the business csr I got only changed my voice plan and did not touch my data b/c I already had 6 gigs.
The only thing I have to get use to now is that I do not have unlimited local calling anymore. When he checked my usage, I was averaging about 400 minutes a month. Seeing as it a per second billing, I an going to keeo an eye on my usage.
Per second after the first minute.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote