REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #201
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

wheres the pic?
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #202
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post
what if they break your back window! that shits expensive!
Now try explaining that to ICBC!
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #203
Banned (BBM)

weak
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #204
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livre View Post
1)CivicTypeRice
2)Livre
3)Murd0c
4)
5)
Where's pipeline road?
Of course I'm down for this, we would have to go at midnight or something tho
And no flashlights allowed.
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Where's pipeline road?
Of course I'm down for this, we would have to go at midnight or something tho
And no flashlights allowed.
Posted via RS Mobile
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&sou...ed=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Its a rather long road though.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #206
In RS I Trust

I'm going to shoot that guy a msg about it hopefully
Get some more info
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #207
Banned (ABWS)

im living around that area....

pipeline is actaully a flat road and fun to drive LOL ... I been living there around 12 yrs and nothing scary as far im concern

by the way, drive slow... because many deers come out at night and chilling in the middle of the road... please do not road kill them...

maybe you guys should just go to POCO to pigton's farm and perhaps you can dig up some human bones
it is located right behind costco ..
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #208
In RS I Trust

I just want to go somewhere scary and get freaked out
I love the feeling of being scared but stll going through
With it for the rush. I used to go to the mental hospital
By the pautello before it was turned into condos and man
There was good fun in there just that rush is great.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #209
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I just want to go somewhere scary and get freaked out
I love the feeling of being scared but stll going through
With it for the rush. I used to go to the mental hospital
By the pautello before it was turned into condos and man
There was good fun in there just that rush is great.
Posted via RS Mobile
well.. me too.. i love to go around places and check out freaky stuff.
To be honest, there is nothing around pipeline road, half of the road is new developement completed probably 1 and half or 2 years ago, and whole road is well lit too.

I dont know where you are coming from, just to let you know early so you can save some gas and go somewhere else instead. But by all means, feel free to check it out.. LOL

Mental hospital is one hell of place to check out, riverivew hospital freaks me out before

added: since technology is so advance now, why dont you google street view it up.... im too lazy to searach for you :P
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #210
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
man this thread creeps me outttt

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #211
In RS I Trust

I will post the details of what happened to the guy when he went
Of course I can't copy and post it now since I'm on my phone
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #212
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Since this thread died.. I'll try to bring it back to life (no pun intended)..

In my earlier posts, and someone else also asked or stated about military base hauntings. Well, here are a couple of my experiences with military bases and just weird things that happen there.

This is at Seaforth Armoury on burrard just before the bridge. There is actually a noose in the middle of the parade square. There have been stories about it but I never particularly paid much attention to it. Apparently it was some sort of training encouragement or anti-treason propaganda. Anyways, back to the story. We had slept over there for an over night weekend exercise. I woke up especially early and just went down to the parade square. There was a knee high fog on the square which I thought was rather strange because the building was completely closed and the temperature variation shouldn't have caused a fog. Eitherway, I didn't care too much because who the hell cares about a fog. Walking along the parade square I see a figure in the distance at the other end of the parade square. I was thinking it might be someone else who had also woken up early so I started to walk towards it. As I was getting closer, I could see that the person had a drill cane (or pace stick) and was promenoding around the end of the parent square. Immediately I thought, SHIT its the RSM. Then the figure looked right at me I thought I'm going to get the shit kicked out of me so I just stood there waiting to get my ass kicked. No sooner than i thought it, the fog disappeared along the figure as if being blown away by the wind.

Second story

This is at RMC, there is a barrack block where no one is allowed to sleep on one of the floors because of a haunting that has been going on there for quite some time. Anyways, this one time one of the soldiers decided that the whole haunting thing was BS and that he would rack up in that floor. All seemed to be well for a couple of days but then he started to act weirdly or unusual to how he normally behaves. No one took too much notice of it because sometimes people are just weird or stressed. From there things got gradually worse. The guy was a good soldier, he had no medical conditions or anything physically or mentally wrong. One morning, he just never showed up to work and then someone people got worried and tried to get in contact with him. They called him and no one answered, they went to his room and no one was there, everything seemed untouched. He was then reported as AWOL and the base went on search for him. Reviewing the security tape, they found that he had sleep walked into the lake and drawned himself. This is again a guy who had no medical conditions or prior history of sleep walking. He just sleep walked right into the lake. No hesitation and went under and never went back up.

I have a couple more class is ending soon so I'll save it for later..
Alright, after getting a PM reminding me of this thread and since no one else is sharing some ghost stories, I'll share a few more. I'll continue with my military bases stuff because I know the bases fairly well and the stories that go along with it. I don't know if I've told this story here before but if I have, here it is again.

At CFB Esquimalt, there is a small little subsection of it known as Albert head. Named because apparently it was shaped like Prince Albert's head. Personally, I don't see it but I digress. There is a little background history with Albert Head (I'll just abbreviate it AH from now on). Back when there was small pox and the disease was killing people left right and center, the government used AH as a quarantine centre for the disease. So if you had small pox, your ass was getting sent to AH. This is a known fact and at first, I was a little skeptical to believe it but there is clear cut proof and not to mention, I found a small graveyard down by the water front. There was 3-5 grave stones and they are pretty badly deteriorated but for 3 of them, you can clearly see what it says. It was for the victims of smallpox and their names.

So, during my stay at AH, I would normally make rounds around the barracks. One day, I was with another person making rounds. It is normal that you have a partner to do rounds with as it is boring as fuck and for safety reasons. So we were making the rounds around the barracks after everyone has left for some activity. While make it through, we heard a loud bang and we rushed to the locker thinking either someone was still here, an intruder was here or some deer went into the barracks. We ran to the locker and saw nothing. We thought it was a little strange that no one was there so we didn't think much of it and attributed it to the wind. While continuing along the barracks, another loud bang from another locker happened. At this point, my buddy and I were getting a little pissed off. We yelled for the person to get out and stop that shit. We looked all over the barrack and could not find a soul. We looked at all the windows and doors and they were all closed (it is policy/standards to have them locked and closed when no one is suppose to be in the building).

We were beginning to leave when another loud bang happened. It was right to left side and I looked right away. A closed locker that tried to open and shut itself. I thought someone was inside the locker and we got the combos and opened it. No one was inside. At this point I was thinking.. Wtf is going on? We looked awkwardly at each other and decided to leave. On the way out, the lockers around us would bang as if it was chasing us out. We booked it and never looked back. In fact, we didn't tell anyone about it thinking everyone would think that we're crazy. What ended up happening was that we decided to do some research on our down time and looked up the old quarantine centre.

What ended up happening was that the barracks were built right ontop of the old infirmary/barracks. What happened was that they used to bury the dead but as the quarantine population grew, it just wasn't efficient or worth the man power to bury them. Instead, they decided to put all the dead (some even say dying) into one of the buildings, stacked it up and burned it to the ground.

That's always fun. Now that I think about it. It sort of makes sense for the lockers banging and the idea that someone was trying to get out. Maybe they were tied down when they burnt down the old infirmary? I'd assume that the quarantine base was operated by the military and since we're in our combats, I can understand the whole anger and issues arising from it. Well, either way, I was like fuck it and never went into that barrack again.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #213
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Oh fuck! I've been to albert head >.<
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #214
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

When i was around 10, i always played ball hockey in my house..just shooting around and stick handling. Since im chinese, i have a shrine in my living room. One day, i was shooting the ball around, i accidently shot at one of the lightbulbs of the shrine. Stupid of me at that age, i didnt really care, i just replaced it and continued. That night while i was in bed, i couldnt sleep for some reason, as if i felt like something was staring at me. Through my window blinds the moonlight was shining through, i looked up at the corner of my room, i saw someone's shadow body figure just laying there.....i'll never forget that night..
lesson learned there...always apologize to the shrine for any mishaps, or it'll make you apologize.
ch0pstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #215
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Alright, after getting a PM reminding me of this thread and since no one else is sharing some ghost stories, I'll share a few more. I'll continue with my military bases stuff because I know the bases fairly well and the stories that go along with it. I don't know if I've told this story here before but if I have, here it is again.

At CFB Esquimalt, there is a small little subsection of it known as Albert head. Named because apparently it was shaped like Prince Albert's head. Personally, I don't see it but I digress. There is a little background history with Albert Head (I'll just abbreviate it AH from now on). Back when there was small pox and the disease was killing people left right and center, the government used AH as a quarantine centre for the disease. So if you had small pox, your ass was getting sent to AH. This is a known fact and at first, I was a little skeptical to believe it but there is clear cut proof and not to mention, I found a small graveyard down by the water front. There was 3-5 grave stones and they are pretty badly deteriorated but for 3 of them, you can clearly see what it says. It was for the victims of smallpox and their names.

So, during my stay at AH, I would normally make rounds around the barracks. One day, I was with another person making rounds. It is normal that you have a partner to do rounds with as it is boring as fuck and for safety reasons. So we were making the rounds around the barracks after everyone has left for some activity. While make it through, we heard a loud bang and we rushed to the locker thinking either someone was still here, an intruder was here or some deer went into the barracks. We ran to the locker and saw nothing. We thought it was a little strange that no one was there so we didn't think much of it and attributed it to the wind. While continuing along the barracks, another loud bang from another locker happened. At this point, my buddy and I were getting a little pissed off. We yelled for the person to get out and stop that shit. We looked all over the barrack and could not find a soul. We looked at all the windows and doors and they were all closed (it is policy/standards to have them locked and closed when no one is suppose to be in the building).

We were beginning to leave when another loud bang happened. It was right to left side and I looked right away. A closed locker that tried to open and shut itself. I thought someone was inside the locker and we got the combos and opened it. No one was inside. At this point I was thinking.. Wtf is going on? We looked awkwardly at each other and decided to leave. On the way out, the lockers around us would bang as if it was chasing us out. We booked it and never looked back. In fact, we didn't tell anyone about it thinking everyone would think that we're crazy. What ended up happening was that we decided to do some research on our down time and looked up the old quarantine centre.

What ended up happening was that the barracks were built right ontop of the old infirmary/barracks. What happened was that they used to bury the dead but as the quarantine population grew, it just wasn't efficient or worth the man power to bury them. Instead, they decided to put all the dead (some even say dying) into one of the buildings, stacked it up and burned it to the ground.

That's always fun. Now that I think about it. It sort of makes sense for the lockers banging and the idea that someone was trying to get out. Maybe they were tied down when they burnt down the old infirmary? I'd assume that the quarantine base was operated by the military and since we're in our combats, I can understand the whole anger and issues arising from it. Well, either way, I was like fuck it and never went into that barrack again.
we're you at seaforth for air cadets?

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #216
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
we're you at seaforth for air cadets?
Yes, I was. At 135 when I was young.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #217
F**K YOUR HEAD

I was at 111 :P
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #218
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
I was at 111 :P
Loser.

When did you age out?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #219
F**K YOUR HEAD

i haven't aged out yet, i'm only 16 well turning 17 tomorrow!
I just quit last year... >.<
Wasn't really my thing
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #220
CRS

Quote:
i haven't aged out yet, i'm only 16 well turning 17 tomorrow!
I just quit last year... >.<
Wasn't really my thing

That's too bad. I only have good things to say about the cadet program.

What level were you in? Did you make it to level 4? Rank?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #221
F**K YOUR HEAD

FCPL XD yeah... level 4, pretty pathetic,
I'm assuming you aged out WO1
What year did you age out?

It was more of a matter of priorities than anything, the people at 111 were actually pretty decent, nothing like my brother's experience at the then air canada squadron, however, some things in my life had to come before cadets and they didn't take kindly to that so I quit. That and I was working 3 or 4 nights a week till 11 and didn't have much time for school and an actual social life..
Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #222
CRS

Quote:
FCPL XD yeah... level 4, pretty pathetic,
I'm assuming you aged out WO1
What year did you age out?

It was more of a matter of priorities than anything, the people at 111 were actually pretty decent, nothing like my brother's experience at the then air canada squadron, however, some things in my life had to come before cadets and they didn't take kindly to that so I quit. That and I was working 3 or 4 nights a week till 11 and didn't have much time for school and an actual social life..
Yeah, aged out as WO1 and I left a year early so left at 18 instead of aging out at 19. Was WO1 for 1.5 years already so it didn't matter.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #223
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
wheres the pic?
If you're asking me about the Old Spaghetti Factory, the picture is of a shape or shadow sitting in the caboose. The photo is apparently by the entrance of the restaurant.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #224
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I was watching a hauting in conneticut a fe months back and I remember when the credits started rolling they were showing all these photos with ghosts in the pics, that shit creeped me out
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I was watching a hauting in conneticut a fe months back and I remember when the credits started rolling they were showing all these photos with ghosts in the pics, that shit creeped me out
rofl