REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #301
I STILL don't get it

there is this great free podcast on itunes by Lex Wahls called "Anything Ghost" It is usually around an hour long and during that time, he will read on air the ghost stories that people have submitted to him. He supplements his reading with some creepy music that he makes. check it out!
Advertisement
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #302
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Came across this link with a bunch of old school ghost stories from a CBC Radio show back in the 80s. Figured this thread was due for a bump

We tracked down that ?Spine Tingling? audio from #CBC! ? Vancouver Is Awesome
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #303
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
do alien/ufo stories count??....i can tell you one when i met these crazy fuckers...believe it or not.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #304
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Alien stories? Did someone say alien stories?

Okay, every time I wake up from a deep sleep, I have this mark on my chest. It is a deep dent in the right side chest area. It is a perfect circle and just right of the little patch of chest hairs I have, lol.

Anyway, it looks like I slept on a button or something. I basically sleep in the raw, so no explanation to this mysterious mark. If I do my naps, the mark is not there. Some of you may remember I suffer from sleep paralysis, so I try to avoid long deep sleep.

Sometimes I wAnder if I have been abducted by aliens a la CIC style.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #305
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Not my story and not local but its all over the news. Saw it on CNN.

Pretty creepy

'Hanover, Pennsylvania haunted house's ghost attacks news crew | Mail Online

I have lots of scary stories but I would share later. It's 1 AM and I want to to be able to sleep
mmvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #306
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
do alien/ufo stories count??....i can tell you one when i met these crazy fuckers...believe it or not.
Post them here

http://www.revscene.net/forums/64244...verage-12.html
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #307
In RS I Trust

This was just written a week ago and is local so if you like ghost stories read this, its long but worth it

I Quit Teaching Because Of This Terrifying Incident. I?ve Never Told Anyone About It Until Now. | Thought Catalog
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #308
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
That story is all BS, we know people who were taught by the guy as well as taught with him. He's a comedian now or somthing and they said that was an urban legend for as long as they could remember far before he was around.

The school in question is Van Tech
Old 05-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #309
In RS I Trust

Of course its a complete hoax but its still a great story
Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #310
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I read it. Don't buy that it actually happened.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #311
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That story is all BS, we know people who were taught by the guy as well as taught with him. He's a comedian now or somthing and they said that was an urban legend for as long as they could remember far before he was around.

The school in question is Van Tech
He taught at Van Tech?
Because he taught me at Templeton.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #312
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
I don't remember a Paul Bae at Van Tech.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #313

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
It's Templeton. Friend read it and can visualize every part of the school described in the story.

I don't doubt the legend, but story is obviously written in a way to intrigue the reader...most likely fake
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #314
Banned (ABWS)

ghost town at downtown east side. i woke them up for a time period. everything started smelling. must be magic or ghosts
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #315
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondragon99 View Post
ghost town at downtown east side. i woke them up for a time period. everything started smelling. must be magic or ghosts
Or shit on your face.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #316
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Did I ever mention when I saw a floating black ball at Hycroft Manor?

It was fucked up

I used to go on "paranormal investigations"

Probably went on about 50-60 of them... 99.9999% of the time nothing happened and it was pretty boring but there were a couple times where odd things did occur.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #317
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ You should hit up Riverview Hospital.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #318

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
This was just written a week ago and is local so if you like ghost stories read this, its long but worth it

I Quit Teaching Because Of This Terrifying Incident. I?ve Never Told Anyone About It Until Now. | Thought Catalog
I liked it.

Don't really care if there's any truth to it or not; these are ghost stories afterall.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #319
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I used to go on "paranormal investigations"
new fetish genre for your website?

FYI - left4head has already been done

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:16 AM   #320
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
ill come back when its not 2am...

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #321
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
With Halloween around the corner, I'm running into a lot more scary stories. Here's one from creepypasta that I could believe happening in real life, and be freaky as fuck:

Quote:
The Smiling Man

About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I've always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.

I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.

It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a weeknight, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.

I turned down a short side-street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each "box" with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back... and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move. Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn't tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than ten seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip-toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper: "Whaaat…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side-road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

I lived in that city for six months after that night, and I never went out for another walk. There was something about his face that always haunted me. He didn't look drunk, he didn't look high. He looked completely and utterly insane. And that's a very, very scary thing to see.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #322
i like gifs

This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #323
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

If you guys enjoy reading this kind of stuff, Reddit has awesome horror and ghost stories.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/
und3f3at3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #324
i like gifs

www.reddit.com/r/paranormal
Old 10-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #325
HELP ME PLS!!!

Any sites that local Vancouver horror stories?
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote