REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #251
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Wait, you get to go INSIDE that house a couple times on a yearly basis?
What's it like inside?? Are you allowed to sneak some pics? I'm so curious.
Why don't you just drop by?
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #252
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Why don't you just drop by?
Because it's all fenced up, it's private property, and I don't want to get in trouble with the cops when those monks inside call the cops on me.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #253
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

okay so I made it to the 5th page, some of the stuff gets repetitive but that maybe just proves how this kind of ish does really go on. But anyway, I am too scared to do anything with the rest of my night now, and definitely looking forward to checking some of these local spots out!
notsoaveragejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #254
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
That is a buddhist temple for as long as I can remember. I dont know exactly when the haunting began or ended, I have heard of it though. I go there when i was a kid every Saturday. This is at least 12 years ago, when i was 8 or so. Everyone has to wear a gray robe there. Its uncomfortable, especially around the shoulder and neck. X.x

All we did was play games with friends, watch movies, eat a free dinner, listen to the elders tells stories. I never noticed anything strange or weird. I don't go there often anymore since I entered Gr 11 in high school. Maybe a couple times a year on special occasions.
lol i quite like the robe, it flows and doesn't hinder your movement at all. maybe you just got one that didnt fit properly.
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #255
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

nice to see this thread is still updated even after halloween
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #256
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
i've heard tons of stories aobut this house. Has anyone experienced any of it or know of a friend that has?
i remember someone here awhile back writing something detailed about this house... search?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #257
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Bump!
I want to hear more ghost stories
cool moe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #258
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Not my story, but taken from Officer.com's forum:
Quote:
I'll bite...

Myself and a buddy on my squad responded to an alarm. The incident location was an old office type building that had been converted to doctor's offices. There was a pharmacy attached to it. Our dispatch received a motion signal from an upstairs office. Key holder arrives on scene and we go in to secure the building. The stairs were locked behind a door that, of course, the key holder didn't have keys too, so we took the elevator up to the second floor (not the most tactically sourd option, I know).

Elevator opens to a pitch black hallway... except for one overhead light at the end of the hall. We start checking doors, and so far all are secured. We get to the last office, and sure enough, the door is unlocked. We make entry and observe it to be an unused office. The door opend to a sizable waiting room and reception area. There were about 10 or 12 exam rooms, all cleared with no hiccups.

We exit the office and immediately, something seems off. That is when I realize the overhead light at our end of the hallway that had been on was now off, replaced by another light over by the elevators. I look at my squad mate and he is completely white. I ask him what is wrong and he says, "Weren't all those doors we just checked closed and locked." I tell him yay, so. Buddy says, "Well now they're all standing open." Sure enough, all the offices down the hallway we had just checked were now standing open. Pucker factor sinks in at this point.

So we start clearing offices and securing offices. We finish the last office, and on our way out, just before we turn the corner to get into the waiting area, the main door just slams shut. Then, our radios start going nuts with some kind of static feedback. Now I just want to get the hell out of there.

We get back in the elevator and head down to the first floor to make contact with the key holder again. However, key holder is no where to be found. I contact dispatch and request a call back number for the key holder so I can advise him of what we found. Dispatch states that the key holder was still enroute to us and was advising an eta of 5 minutes. I advise dispatch that we had already been out with the key holder. Dispatch requests I give them a call.

I call dispatch and she tells me that there is no way we were out with a key holder. She states that the alarm company had only just made contact with one. Eventually, the "real" keyholder arrives on scene and I ask her about the man that had let us in the building (the first key holder). She asked me to describe him, so I did. She states that that sounds like one of the doctors that used to lease the office on the second floor AT THE END OF THE HALL. She then states that he had committed suicide at his summer home several days ago.

I still won't go back there.
Can read more here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-Ghost-Stories...
Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #259
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
HOLY FUCK ^
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #260
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^I don't know man... Sounds like something from a movie.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #261
My homepage has been set to RS

Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #262
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
A friend of Facebook went and took pics of a place in Kamloops called Padova city. It looks awesome to check out.

I googled it and found this link

http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-5891.html

Quote:
Padova City, also called Tranquille, is now an abandoned self sustaining "city" outside of Kamloops, British Columbia.

It was first a gold mining community. In 1905, the anti-tuberculosis society was looking for a location suitable for a provincial hospital. The citizens of Kamloops were upset about a sanatorium being so close to their community. Tranquille became a fully self sustaining community with no real contact to the "outside world". People went there to die.

In 1958 the sanatorium was closed and the site became a home for mentally handicapped people and those with metal illness. This was closed in 1984 due to cutbacks.

Now it is changing again. They are developing the land into a resort community. They plan to salvage what buildings they can to maintain some historical value.

It is one of the most challenging places that I know of here to infiltrate as it is private property and houses many security measures. It hasn't stopped people from going in however. There are some good pictures that people have posted.

I have a few friends who have gone to Padova City during the day and at night. A close friend's mom worked at the mental health facility there when it was still open, and said it's the worst place to be at night. Even during the day you aren't really comfortable. She reported hearing screams in empty wards, footsteps, and shuffling in empty beds. She said she felt as though she was being watched at all times, even when she was completely alone. Things would be moved from their proper spots on a constant basis. The patients were always restless and irritable unless they were outside the buildings. They reported seeing forms and shadows in their rooms and in the hallways. She quit after a short time of working there. She said her dreams there were the worst.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n624140202_4467909_7283.jpg (51.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg n624140202_4467919_391.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg n624140202_4468050_9234.jpg (46.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg n624140202_4468052_9858.jpg (52.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg n624140202_4484425_9356.jpg (39.4 KB, 0 views)
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #263
Banned (ABWS)

Has anyone heard about the new westminster ghost, at queens park? or all down 12th, i heard a few stories from buddies but i don't really remember them.
Ranterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #264
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Not my story, but taken from Officer.com's forum:

Can read more here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-Ghost-Stories...
There are some great stories in that thread

The shadow person story really got me.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #265
I came, I saw, I conquered.

^Post up the shadow person story please
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #266
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
I am not a LEO yet, but to keep it going I will throw my 2 hair raising stories.

First story. I was walking with my girlfriend, in Culver City. We left the movie theaters and decided to walk around the housing area, since it was a nice night and a good, safe place to walk and talk. We were walking or about 15 min, laughing and what not. As we approached a intersection to cross the street, we both heard a male laugh as well. We thought it was just people in their houses mocking us, and gave it no thought. As we kept walking we heard the same laugh, BUT ON ANOTHER STREET. By then we both said lets get out of here. As we are walking, something tells me to look back and I do. About 100 yards away, I see a shadowy figure on the other side of the street behind us. The only thing I could make out was the shoes. At this point I am on high alert, and Culver City is a nice place. We turn the corner, and walk a bit more, I turn back to check again, and the same thing. About 100 yards away, dim lighting, only can see the shoes. I scream "HEY", my girl looks at me like I am insane, I tell her what is going on and she looks, and we both see nothing!

So I thought it was someone trying to jack us or what not. So just as we start to get on the street where my car is at, I look back for good measure, and again 100 yards away, can only make out shoes. My girl dosen't have great eyesight, and she can't make out anything. We get the car, she gets in. I look back because now, I am scared, like school girl scared. Same thing, but a little closer than 100 yards. Drive off, drop my girl of at her parents house, drive to mothers house and stay the night there and will go back to Riverside, in the morning. As I park the car on the street, it's about 1:30am. My mothers street is a terribly light area, but a decent area in the westside of L.A. As I am walking down the hill, a car is just at the peak of the hill starting to come down so the head lights are shining. As I look back, the car passes, I SWEAR TO GOD, out the corner of my eye as I am turning my head back forward, I see the shadowy figure. Forget bricks, I was sh***** dump trucks. My dumb butt decides to go to the thing, and confront it. No lie, as I am crossing the street to go to the other side of the sidewalk, as a habit I snapped my head to check for cars which takes less than a second, I look back and the figure is gone. Not only that, the street light that was about 50 yards from the figure decided to go out. About a pack of cigs, and 25 minutes later, I walked that BLOCK to my mothers house.
I've read quite a few shadow people stories before and all of them end up creeping me out.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #267
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I just read this entire thread... and I don't regret it at all.

Fuck I'm going to have nightmares.
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #268
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Here's a few interesting sites with a number of stories.

http://www.everythingcreepy.com/bc.html
http://www.suite101.com/content/more...-ghosts-a17927
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #269
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
Berz out.....errr i mean Good_karma Out!

P.S:i don't sound as cool as Berzerker when i do it, do i?
u get banned for that. at least i did, or i think i did.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #270

nice, updates
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #271
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
^ no u dont

i once crashed at my friend's place when my parents were outta town 4~5 years back..i was about 14 or 15 then.
i was there for about a week, and one of the nights, my buddy got wasted at a party (i was at his place when he was out with another group of people), so he called me and told me that he would crash at his friend's place for a night..meaning i'd have to sleep in his place alone.
he lived in a decently big house, as the house was originally his parents', before they moved back to Hong Kong.

so i was just climbing into bed, and after a couple minutes, i start hearing what sounded like footsteps (couldnt be too sure because i was upstairs and it sounded quite distant)..i guessed that it was just somebody revving their cars and busting up the music..as it was pretty common in my neighborhood to hear that at night..
but then i started to hear bangs (almost as if somebody was beating on the floor with their fists) downstairs.
i thought it was just my buddy playing games on me telling me he was drunk and then scare the shit out of me, but when i got out of bed and walked out of the room, i looked down the staircase (the staircase was only about 2~3 meters away from the room), and then i saw a black figure in the dark (the place had a huge window right by the front entrance by the den, so the place was pretty much lit by the moonlight)
so i turned on the light switch, but nobody was there, and i never once looked away when i was turning on the lightswitch (it was just a couple meters from where i was standing).
"it" couldnt have ran away because
1. i was looking at it the whole time, and
2. the front lobby by the den was very spacious, and if it had made any big moves, it would had been very obvious.

but nothing was there...
and indeed, my buddy had dropped dead at his friend's place just moments after he called me.
wasnt a thief or anything either, because he wouldnt be making that kinda noise, and nothing had been misplaced or stolen the very next day

luckily my buddy sold the house after like 2 years when he moved closer to UBC, but he claimed to have seen something similar, but in his backyard full of weeds.

EDIT: Spelling
NINJAS!!!!
NinjaAceYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #272
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Dunno if you guys heard of this one but:

This guy has a sister, who sleeps very light. One night some one climbs in to her window trying to snatch her people up.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #273
My homepage has been set to RS

i couldn't sleep last night cuz of this thread. =[
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
i couldn't sleep last night cuz of this thread. =[
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #275
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

lol...

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote