REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #226
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^ yeah I get creeped out easily if it comes to ghosts/spirit stuff.
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #227
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Yes, I was. At 135 when I was young.
same here bro

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #228
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
same here bro

When did you age out/join?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #229

Quote:

When did you age out/join?
i joined around 13 and left around 16/17
i left when i was a corporal, a week before i was to become a sargeant

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #230
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
i joined around 13 and left around 16/17
i left when i was a corporal, a week before i was to become a sargeant
hahaha I know someone who did that?

What years were you there?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #231
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
^ yeah I get creeped out easily if it comes to ghosts/spirit stuff.
well, same here, but a picture of a ghost is not really believable. I don't mind watching movies like Saw, but my arm hairs will quite literally stand on end if I were to be brave enough to watch Paranormal Activity.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #232
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
well, same here, but a picture of a ghost is not really believable. I don't mind watching movies like Saw, but my arm hairs will quite literally stand on end if I were to be brave enough to watch Paranormal Activity.
You should watch "The Decent" it isn't really a movie like saw or paranormal activity. It is pretty unique for the most part and it involves creatures (assumed to be humans or was) that have evolved in caves.

It is like the catacomb people of Paris (well, or France in general).

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #233

Quote:
hahaha I know someone who did that?

What years were you there?
around 96/97 to 2000/01

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
Old 10-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #234

Quote:
You should watch "The Decent" it isn't really a movie like saw or paranormal activity. It is pretty unique for the most part and it involves creatures (assumed to be humans or was) that have evolved in caves.

It is like the catacomb people of Paris (well, or France in general).

Will check that out sometime then.

I watched Knowing, it was a thriller but not gorey like saw or creepy like paranormal activity. It was not that great of a movie really......
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #235
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
i haven't aged out yet, i'm only 16 well turning 17 tomorrow!
I just quit last year... >.<
Wasn't really my thing
happy birthday dude haha...hope u have a great day :P
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #236
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
can we go back to talking about local ghost stories please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #237
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

scary
figure.09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #238
Need my Daily Fix of RS

cadet camps/bases seem to always have ghost stories. granted, most are made up by the staff to scared the two weekies, but some...not so sure about.
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #239
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_cc View Post
cadet camps/bases seem to always have ghost stories. granted, most are made up by the staff to scared the two weekies, but some...not so sure about.
Considering the camps are/were military installations at one point in time. It makes sense.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #240
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
The Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown on Water Street is heralded as one of the premier paranormal hot spots in Vancouver. If you think about it this makes perfect sense as the neighbourhood has a deep history and the restaurant itself is situated over top of an underground railway. It's said that the ghost of a train conductor who died in a train crash sometime at the turn of the century still wanders the restaurant. If you've ever been to The Old Spaghetti Factory you will know that there is a restored trolley in the restaurant, which has become a landmark of sorts as many people snap photos in the trolley. In fact a photo that was taken a long time hints at a ghostly figure at the steps of the trolley. That apparition is believed to be of the train conductor in the deadly crash many moons ago. That photo is hung up at the restaurant so if you're interested too see it, head on over to Gastown. Many witnesses say they have photos that they believe show the ghostly figure as well.

Naturally, stories of the paranormal are always met with heavy skepticism. However, restaurant employees can attest to the eerie vibes they feel, especially after closing time. It is said that he likes to call out the employees by name and is perceived to be a bit shy ghost as he only calls out employees names once they have been working there for a while. The conductor's spirit has been witnessed by many patrons and employees over the years mainly in the restored trolley car and sometimes in the ladies washroom. He seems to be a ghost of the friendly (see Casper) variety just caught in between worlds. So the next time you are in Gastown, head on over to the Old Spaghetti Factory and see for yourself what many have witnessed.

If you like theses haunted stories you might want to check out our story on the haunted house on King Edward and Cambie. Furthermore, the Stanley Park Ghost Train has a combo package with the Old Spaghetti Factory. A natural fit considering the tale we just told you.
Quote:
It's Halloween time so naturally around this time of the year stories of the paranormal begin to surface. Vancouver seems to be a hot bed for stories of the supernatural. One of these stories centres around a house on King Edward and Cambie, if you live in Vancouver then many of you already know which house I'm talking about. If not it's the blue castle looking house diagonally opposite the new Skytrain station on King Ed.

Apparently sits on an ancient Native Indian burial ground, don't all tales from the dark side start off like this, anyways, legend has it that these Indians souls don't want you disturbing their final resting place. Numerous stories our out there about this particular house and anyone who dares enter it will be met with an unwelcome, eerie unease.
Here are some of the stories that are out there:

The couple, the baby and the crib: One night the new occupants of the house put their baby in its crib. They go back to their rooms and soon after they hear the baby screaming and crying. The couple ran into the nursery to find the baby at the edge of the window sill.

The family that just moved in: A new family just bought the house and finished moving in. After such a horrendous move they were famished and decided to go to dinner to curb their hunger. When they came back their entire luggage and clothes were folded and packed neatly. It was an ominous warning telling they must leave.

The family on the lawn: A new family had just moved in and went to sleep in their new home. The next day they wake up on the lawn with all their boxes and suitcases next them.

The woman in the window: This is from personal experience. I am a firm believer that there are somethings beyond our realm of understanding and capacity of explanation, ghosts and UFO sightings being amongst many others. One day as a teenager I rode my bike to this place; I knew nothing of this place at the time. The house was vacant as a "for sale" sign was up. The Realtor had just finished an open house, locked up and was on her way. I asked if she sold it today and she replied, "no not yet, not much interest in this place if you know what I mean." I nodded my head as if I understood what the hell she was talking about all I knew was the house was vacant at the time. I went back to grab my bike and this lady like figure was seen passing by the top floor window. That freaked me out and I grabbed my bike and got the hell out of dodge.

Is this house haunted? Who knows, but there are many other stories out there about this one particular house and around this time of the year, the stories seem to come out of the woodwork.
from vancity buzz blog.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #241
The sound of inevitability

One day , my friend who used to love hunting , was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. He flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was suprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

The next morning face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 AM   #242
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

This thread creeps me out... But such an interesting read
Posted via RS Mobile
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #243

Quote:
I love watching horror movies but I get freaked out
Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #244
br
Banned (BBM)

http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&...se5ZqG1Jg43kvw

cambie/king edward haunted house
br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #245
I don't get it

This was about a month ago.

I was up in my room sleeping, until I hear a very loud humming noise from outside at around 4:00 AM. This was loud.. like a radio on a car turned up full blast and bass. I get up and look outside, but I see absolutely nothing. No cars on the street except for the ones parked, and no one outside. It sounded like it was coming from above though. I kept looking, and the monotone humming just kept going. It slowly became quieter and quieter, then I fell back asleep.

That was one hell of an odd night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post

:fappery:

Fuck yeah! I love westerns. Lets see how Asia does them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
why are u fapping?
OffSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by br View Post
i've heard tons of stories aobut this house. Has anyone experienced any of it or know of a friend that has?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
i've heard tons of stories aobut this house. Has anyone experienced any of it or know of a friend that has?
That is a buddhist temple for as long as I can remember. I dont know exactly when the haunting began or ended, I have heard of it though. I go there when i was a kid every Saturday. This is at least 12 years ago, when i was 8 or so. Everyone has to wear a gray robe there. Its uncomfortable, especially around the shoulder and neck. X.x

All we did was play games with friends, watch movies, eat a free dinner, listen to the elders tells stories. I never noticed anything strange or weird. I don't go there often anymore since I entered Gr 11 in high school. Maybe a couple times a year on special occasions.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #248
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
One day , my friend who used to love hunting , was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. He flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was suprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

The next morning face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.
this story kind of creeped me out, good one

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #249
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemo View Post
Man, I used to live in a house across from Freeway Mazda ... some effed up shit for real because we've had to get the house exorcised by monks but that didn't really do anything.

Anyways, I used to sleep in the basement and imagine a room with a regular single bed along the right side. I would always wake up to the sounds of feet scattering around my bed like little children were playing a game of tag around the bed. I would never see them but I could hear them. They would stop and start again close my eyes, fall back asleep and awake to the sounds of childrens laughter. That was the last straw. I thought I was going crazy but it was going on for quite some time. Told my parents and the monks came.

A few weeks later, we moved out of that house. I was the last one out and I distinctively remember turning off all the lights. I drive back later that night and all the lights are back on! Me and buddy go in the house and expect for any forced entries ... didn't find any so we turned them all off again. We leave for some dinner and come back and ALL the lights were back on again!! Called my parents and my sister and they tell me no one has been back to that house except me.

We find out that the people who had bought that house moved right the fuck out a month later.

fuck that is fuckin scary
good thing i'm gonna go get hammed tonight and hopefully i can forget about that
if i was u, i probably woulda shit my pants
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #250
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
That is a buddhist temple for as long as I can remember. I dont know exactly when the haunting began or ended, I have heard of it though. I go there when i was a kid every Saturday. This is at least 12 years ago, when i was 8 or so. Everyone has to wear a gray robe there. Its uncomfortable, especially around the shoulder and neck. X.x

All we did was play games with friends, watch movies, eat a free dinner, listen to the elders tells stories. I never noticed anything strange or weird. I don't go there often anymore since I entered Gr 11 in high school. Maybe a couple times a year on special occasions.
Wait, you get to go INSIDE that house a couple times on a yearly basis?
What's it like inside?? Are you allowed to sneak some pics? I'm so curious.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote