REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
wonder where Noir is with his "FUCK ALL YOU MORONS! POLICE ARE GODS" message
Advertisement
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #27
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
^ I'm surprised theres not alot more "Fuck tha popo! All cops are goofs" sentiment in this thread.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #28
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,430 Times in 977 Posts
FUCK da POlice
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Los Bastardo
^ I'm surprised theres not alot more "Fuck tha popo! All cops are goofs" sentiment in this thread.
Well, this is a little bit too complicated for that though I wouldn't find it suprising if the cop was responsible for this since most police (not emergency vehicles in general) operate their vehicles with callous disgregard and abuse for their sirens to just cross intersections.

I think it was just a matter of time before a cop goofed and fucked up bad.
Grandstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

well, the popo will investigate them selves and will make her not liable......my 2 cents.
kumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandstand
Well, this is a little bit too complicated for that though I wouldn't find it suprising if the cop was responsible for this since most police (not emergency vehicles in general) operate their vehicles with callous disgregard and abuse for their sirens to just cross intersections.

I think it was just a matter of time before a cop goofed and fucked up bad.
I see those all the time...

and daymn, I live like 3 minutes away from Royal Oak as well....
Kingsway is the route I take to go to Metrotown everyday........
M3Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by RE-Jo
Why does no one point out the possibility of the police car running a red light just because he didn't want to stop at the red light? (except death_blossom)
I have frequently witness police cars driving normally, then turns on the siren all of a sudden right before a red light, passes it, and then turns off the light and continues driving normally. Which seems to me like they are abusing their authority
Eventho they said the officer was responding to a "Priority Call", they could be doing this just to cover their own ass.

I just hope they thoroughly investigate the accident... because people's lives are lost.

Maybe they don't want to tip the bad guys that there coming?(with the sirens)
mp5yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

emergancy sirens are WAY too quiet. they all need to be replaced. ambulances are the worst. I can't hear them untill they are 20 feet away if my windows are up. car horns are 2x louder then their pussy sirens.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AzNightmare
The music is too damn loud then if it's on par with the noise level sirens make. Then again the music shouldn't automatically get increasingly louder as time passes anyway.

Anyone that can't distinguish music and real sirens shouldn't drive.
FYI, deaf and hearing impaired people are allowed to drive in BC. An old friend of mine had his license and he was completely deaf.

Kev
Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
This is what I guess...

from my personal experience, when I hear the siren, sometimes I can't figure out where the police car is.
In this case, when the Cavalier driver looked in the back mirror, he/she wouldn't have seen it. While the Cavalier driver was looking for a place to stop, the police car crashed into them all the sudden.
They were perhaps trying to stop after passing the intersection?

Also if the officer was flooring the car, there will be less time to stop.
Of course it might be the case that the Cavalier driver was ignoring the siren, but this is one of the possibilities.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally posted by johny
emergancy sirens are WAY too quiet. they all need to be replaced. ambulances are the worst. I can't hear them untill they are 20 feet away if my windows are up. car horns are 2x louder then their pussy sirens.

Cars are engineered to be too sound proof now adays.
That and a moderately loud stereo and there's no way people would hear anything.

I Don't think sirens are too quiet. I live by nanaimo skytrain station and I can hear emergency vehicles as far as grandview highway. That's just standing at my front door.
Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Fucking Cops.

Lets just point out the obvious. Just by looking at the crash and impact, it looks like the Cavalier was in the Intersection b4 the Cop was.

How often do u see someone just blow through a red light? especially a red light on a 6! lane street. opposed to a Cop doing it. Its the fucking Cops Jobs to make sure the intersection is clear.

They "say" they were responding to a girl threatening to commit suicide. But this is my theory, thats the only story they can come up with where the media and public cant find out who that girl is cause of confidentiality rules and bs. Which basically covers up the true fact that the cop just ran the red cause she didnt want to stop for it.

Why hasnt that cop said anything about the accident? She was there, she knows wat happened. Shes just waiting for her fellow cops to give her a story so she can save her ass.

RIP K.W.H gonna miss u
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

That intersection's fucked up, because the streets don't meet at right angles, and since it's bordered on all sides by buildings (not to mention the intersection is the crest of a hill), it would've been impossible for the cop to see a car approaching from the southbound direction (north side of the intersection) because the road drops off quickly, and there's a bush right there, so the cop probably figured no one was coming and didn't bother to stop.

And yeah, RiceIntegra's right; no one runs that red light, it's a fucking HUGE intersection.

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #39
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 1983 Z28
And yeah, RiceIntegra's right; no one runs that red light, it's a fucking HUGE intersection.
You're kidding, right? I used to go through that intersection probably five or six times a day for a good four years. I've seen a lot of people run reds, do the sneak left turn as soon as the light goes green... hell, I've seen more fender benders at that one intersection than the rest of the stretch of Kingsway.

It is a poorly designed intersection, especially with the way Royal Oak comes at it at an angle. It's very easy to understand why the cop might have thought the intersection was clear.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #40

Oh most definitely can see how the cop would think it was clear; I was sitting at it last night staring at the bush and thinking "wow, I can't see shit..."

And yeah, I've seen fender benders and such there, but when I go through it at night I never see anyone run the red on Royal Oak to cross Kingsway...

Of course, the other option that could have happened is that maybe the Cavalier was coming up to the yellow and decided (like every other Vancouverite, it seems) to cut the yellow. Maybe the cop figured it was 2 am, couldn't see anyone, saw the yellow cross street and figured it was safe.

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #41
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
HOLY SHIT! Just found out yesterday that the passenger was my friend's little brother! Godammit... They're the nicest family you'll ever meet.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #42

Thanked 1,589 Times in 537 Posts
update: police officer charged

http://cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLoc...spx?ID=1005843
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #43
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

reminds me of the pregnant woman incident in richmond a while ago

Last edited by hamhead; 04-28-2008 at 05:34 PM.
hamhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
not entirely sure if she deserved counts that severe, i think it might inhibit cops from rushing to scenes when they really should.

1) people need to learn to pull over when they hear sirens, alot of people don't.
2) cops need to stop taking the sirens for granted, I was at 12th and arbutus and there was a cop sitting there with his lights on just sitting in the intersection.

Most times I hear the sirens/lights I wonder what cop is using it to suit his own needs now, and don't pay attention, thats a dangerous thing.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #45
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
I wonder how the woman who was threatening suicide (the call the cop was responding to) feels about this accident...
charge her with manslaughter
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #46
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
doesnt it seem like cops kill more people by running red lights "responding to emergency calls" than compared to street racing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #47
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
im on the fence with this one. i was taught to pull over if i hear sirens, but these new drivers, its like they just dont know what to do if they see lights or hear sirens. i see it too often on the road. its like the new driving rules or what not just dont teach this bit of common sense. at the same time, its the officers job to look both ways before entering the intersection. it may be their right of way, but we've all been taught to drive defensively. assuming the public will automatically pull over for u is just not a good judgement call anymore.

i think its a bit harsh that the officer is being charged. he/she had the sirens on, and lights on. kinda bit on the fence with this...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #48
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
Wow, drunk drivers, murderers, and drug dealers get it so easy but this? I'm on the fence as well on this one but wow...

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
im on the fence with this one. i was taught to pull over if i hear sirens, but these new drivers, its like they just dont know what to do if they see lights or hear sirens. i see it too often on the road. its like the new driving rules or what not just dont teach this bit of common sense. at the same time, its the officers job to look both ways before entering the intersection. it may be their right of way, but we've all been taught to drive defensively. assuming the public will automatically pull over for u is just not a good judgement call anymore.

i think its a bit harsh that the officer is being charged. he/she had the sirens on, and lights on. kinda bit on the fence with this...
Unfortunately i think it has a lot to do with rampant police abuse of sirens/lights.. I see them do it all the time when they don't want to wait to get through the intersection.. it's annoying and it doesn't make you respect the police.. it just makes you resent them.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
HOLY SHIT! Just found out yesterday that the passenger was my friend's little brother! Godammit... They're the nicest family you'll ever meet.
Ah, guess you knew TH too... yeah, that was a helluva shock.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote