REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #626
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I want a team's gold medal for magnum already. We've never been able to finish it in the finals this season, no matter how well we do in the day or who we faced. I want to train even harder because of it, but everyone's telling me to rest. =\ Next year, I hope that the team decides to take it even more seriously and make sure that we can finish it this time.
Advertisement
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #627
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
I think Alcan and Whistler are two examples where you had good finals. You should definitely rest, even though I'm not, and I said I would lol. My teammates pushed me to paddle again, one of them had a drunken rant about how he could beat me in an OC, proved him wrong and have an email of him admitting I was better lol.

It's weird to think how you guys can take it more seriously. You guys will definitely get better though, just cause of this year's experience. You'd have to take it to near FCRCC's level of commitment. Hopefully you have the people with the mentality for it. I have the same hope for my own team (but obviously on a different level), but I've come to the realization that "semi-competitiveness" is a tricky place to be, you have people who want to be competitive and some who want to be in a good team, yet not work as hard as a true competitive team. You need everyone to have the same goals to be successful
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #628
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
go back again next year and try it again.....and take me along next time

LARD's a good team, I believe they have international level paddlers
For sure, why dont u just join us right away

LARD is indeed a good team, they just had a better race on that one race is all, so they definitely deserved the gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
We've never been able to finish it in the finals this season, no matter how well we do in the day or who we faced. I want to train even harder because of it, but everyone's telling me to rest. =\ Next year, I hope that the team decides to take it even more seriously and make sure that we can finish it this time.
REST Clovis.

IMHO, aside from LARD giving their best race, I think our downfall is exhaustion. Magnum as a team (except 2 others and myself in Last Gasp) have never raced so many races in a festival. I think the mens/womens/masters/visiting cup races on sunday ate away at our energy for the semi and final races. I didn't even have time to eat in between races...I remember my stomach growling while marshaling for the semis...and when you do get a little time to rest and eat, you cant really eat much anyway since you have to be ready for the next race.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #629

Last edited by RacePace; 02-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #630

What can they say? Finding committed paddlers is pretty much something that no competitive teams can overlook. I'll be joining you on the FCRCC Men once I've enjoyed my three-month rest.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #631

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #632

This year, I believe they're in need of more paddlers for Men's team, so as long as you work hard, being at least a spare is pretty much secured. Then again, with me and my planned three month break from paddling, I've got a very long way to catch up to you guys. (December is offlimit from paddling for me since that's the time the creek start to freeze.) Of course, it's a lot better to just move your boat faster than others.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #633

Last edited by RacePace; 02-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #634

Not offland. We do get weekly onwater workout plan just so everyone on the boat know what to expect whenever we train.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #635

Last edited by RacePace; 02-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #636

Damnit, damnit, you guys get all the fun OC lessons.

Now, where's my middle finger emoticon?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #637

Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #638

Kind of old news by now, considering how much of a breeding ground for drama this year's Worlds was. <_< And now you find out that even FCRCC can have issues. It seems like, the higher level the competition, the more drama tend to come out of it. (Sometimes this is understandable.)
Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #639

Old 10-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #640

Why is that everyone overhears everything? I'd love to be able to eavesdrop without staring.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #641

Cause people don't know who I am and think that me hearing things doesn't really matter, which is true in a way

I was just setting up my boat and listening to them at the same time, and delaying it out by stretching at the dock like I usually do lol
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #642

Man. I know DB isn't the only sport that's being shafted in term of access because of the Olympics, but I still wonder how well it will go. Seeing how Granville Island is promoted as a apart of the Olympics, it will have a shitload of tourist and people and whatnot. Dragonzone's pretty much blocked off, and yeah.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #643

Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #644

Eh, the access restriction could extend all the way into middle of March, I believe. Anyway, it's going to be a pain getting into and out during the Olympics, so we'll probably see a break or something.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #645

Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #646
I bringith the lowerballerith

Some other team will pop up who are able to challenge. It always happens.

As for the water being restricted, shutting down east of Cambie will kill more than 1000m each way of paddling space! ah well....
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #647

Old 10-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #648

haha! sounds good! You'll just have to beat me, first.

Honestly though, given my lack of being on the water in the last 2 years, you probably will. haha
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 10-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #649

Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #650

Yep. I can still pull a 27min 5km loop though.... so whatchu got?