REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Dragon Boat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/512422-dragon-boat.html)

Chairman Kaga 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracerFX (Post 6456114)
Where is this sports central?

Gym in Richmond

Ch28 06-08-2009 12:23 PM

Sports Central is a gym that's located behind the Home Depot in Richmond by the night market

2611 Viscount Way, Richmond, BC

24/7 gym and its pretty big.

I've been going there everyday for the past week and I love it so far.

xXDragonXx 06-08-2009 02:33 PM

Yeah, Magnum didn't have the race we wanted to either on Saturday's AM Regatta. We were tweaking our race piece in the hopes that it'd help us gain a couple seconds on FCRCC but it seemed to be counter productive. So hopefully we go back to our old race strategy with some minor adjustments.

Our coach was also really disappointed with our first race, saying it's the worst we've ever done this whole year. Our normal caller wasn't here, so we had a brand new caller with no exp. and she messed up a call really badly at one point and our captain had to come up with something on the spot.. so that really screwed us up + our steers accidently called the old finish while the caller called the new finish =p. But we got it together during the 2nd and 3rd race.. however Masters and SIB beat us for the first time this year with our new strategy.

RacePace 06-08-2009 02:45 PM

xXDragonXx 06-08-2009 03:04 PM

Have you checked out the topic on DBW? Apparently the Red Lane 2 Gemini used was the only clean one, and teams racing in it would normally do better on it than they would when racing the same teams on BUKS.

LifeScan beat WW by 1 second with the Red Gemini and then lost to them by 19 seconds in a BUK. That's a drastic difference, even if BUKS are faster.

And wow, 630 in the morning? You guys are too intense haha.. I'm probably going to go out the evening of Wednesday

RacePace 06-08-2009 03:11 PM

sho_bc 06-08-2009 03:14 PM

All the Gems were cleaned a few weeks prior to the races.... There will always be reasons/excuses/theories about race results, but teams are allowed to have an off race, as you guys have already discussed having here. ;)

Besides, some teams just can't handle the poor excuse for a boat that the geminis are.

TracerFX 06-09-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 6456500)
Sports Central is a gym that's located behind the Home Depot in Richmond by the night market

2611 Viscount Way, Richmond, BC

24/7 gym and its pretty big.

I've been going there everyday for the past week and I love it so far.

Is this a new Gym? Its not like i pass there all the time, but i dont think I've noticed it (mind you im only around the area during Ikea trips and night market)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXDragonXx (Post 6456699)
And wow, 630 in the morning? You guys are too intense haha.. I'm probably going to go out the evening of Wednesday

lol, that is early Illuminate...next thing you know, you'll paddle during work lunch time dude hahah

RacePace 06-09-2009 10:13 AM

Tapioca 06-09-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6456707)
All the Gems were cleaned a few weeks prior to the races.... There will always be reasons/excuses/theories about race results, but teams are allowed to have an off race, as you guys have already discussed having here. ;)

Besides, some teams just can't handle the poor excuse for a boat that the geminis are.

My team cleans the boats and although I certainly understand the frustration that some people felt on race day, the whole issue would have been moot had Eye of the Dragon stayed away from the shore during practice and not scraped the bottom of the red Gem which led to us pulling the boat out for inspection. Funny how some guy on Eye was the first to mention it.

It's unreasonable to expect a team to spend a Friday afternoon cleaning boats. The red boat was pulled out for inspection only a week prior to the Regatta and it was clean. All of the other Gems were cleaned at the same time and if the red boat was clean, the other ones should have been too.

RacePace 06-09-2009 01:11 PM

Tapioca 06-09-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6458092)
I think the posts about Eye sandbagging are ridiculous and it's hard to blame them for scratching the boat. RGL was out on the water with them that day and the tide was really low, the area they went over you could barely notice it was shallow, and under normal conditions it wouldn't have been shallow. Dan (the coach) even pointed out where it was and if he hadn't of done that, we probably would have bottomed out ourselves

I think the accusations about EOTD sandbagging are whack too; they're a good team.

I've been cleaning boats for 2 years and the amount of film that would have built up over 3 weeks shouldn't have been so much to affect the outcomes of the races too much. It's not like there are barnacles under these boats (which does happen if the boats sit in the water all winter.)

TracerFX 06-10-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6458092)
I think the posts about Eye sandbagging are ridiculous

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 6458115)
I think the accusations about EOTD sandbagging are whack too; they're a good team.

I've been cleaning boats for 2 years and the amount of film that would have built up over 3 weeks shouldn't have been so much to affect the outcomes of the races too much. It's not like there are barnacles under these boats (which does happen if the boats sit in the water all winter.)

I concur, I dont think they are that sort of team either, our teams merged for Taiwanese last year and they are a competitive bunch, i dont believe they would have sandbagged just to get top spot on a lower division.

Its a moot point to be discussing it now that the race has gone by, but I agree that scrubbing the boats on the day before is unreasonable, However I do think Madcap brought up a good point. In my experience, summer heat does tend to accelerate growth at much faster rate and the analysis that Dan pointed out does show an anomaly that warrants questions. In any case, I've learned in db that sometimes things work in your favor and sometimes it doesnt, but it ALL balances out.

RacePace 06-11-2009 09:28 PM

TracerFX 06-13-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6462018)
Are one of you Magnum guys doing the Trivium group buy? Damnit I'm tempted.

How much are Burnwater (Reactor), Apex (Accelerator), and Merlin (CD2)'s in CDN $?

xXDragonXx is, they currently need 2 more to complete the min 10 orders i believe. I have one and its awesome lol.

If i recall correctly, its USD $300+ (BW) , CAD $280-300 (Apex), and i dont know how much the cd2 is, but the ghost was CAD $400+ last year.

stay away from apex unless its the adjustable one.

RacePace 06-13-2009 03:42 PM

TracerFX 06-14-2009 01:16 AM

Only 3 in vancity so far and mine is red, the other guy on my team is black, and I dont recall the color of the WW guy's paddle.

Blue looks good, go for Yellow/Gold :D

RacePace 06-14-2009 06:21 AM

Tapioca 06-16-2009 01:15 PM

Grid for Alcan is out. Any thoughts?

RacePace 06-16-2009 01:42 PM

TracerFX 06-17-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6468522)
damn, we got Kai Ikaika first haha. Though it was always going to be a stronger team next to us. At least we're in Buk's :)

Can't wait for my first Alcan, even though we start kinda later in the day, I'll be up and about early I think, roaming around, seeing what's going on. Unless I have to car pool..

Sucks having Kai in the first heat, I saw them last year and they are real good.

Soak in your first alcan man, its an awesome feeling, lots of useless free shit to win hahah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 6468486)
Grid for Alcan is out. Any thoughts?

Yeah, FCRCC Worlds is gonna spank ass. major ones lol.
Kinda glad Mauna Hale isnt competing this year, along with GD.
Watch out for those sleeper island teams and sleeper portland teams.

RacePace 06-17-2009 11:15 AM

TracerFX 06-18-2009 03:45 AM

indeed haha, otherwise they would have taken another 2 slots in Comp A

Us trying for medals in A would be impossible, but u guys have a chance to do so at B. G'luck this weekend!

RacePace 06-18-2009 08:15 AM

It just dawned on us that if we finish 2nd in the first race, that we would have 5 hours in between races on Sat haha

K-Dub 06-18-2009 08:22 AM

Are your respective teams going to Kelowna later this year?
I have a team that's trying to get started but we're short a couple paddlers.. combination of past Synergy teams, Legacy and Rice Rockets.

Good luck this weekend, weather doesn't look great but I think it's good paddling weather :)