REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #6676
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,759
Thanked 1,402 Times in 511 Posts
As Galactic_Phantom mentioned, Maumi is where it's at.

It's pretty seasonal and he used to have it on his omakase but it wasn't a huge hit with people so he doesn't promote it often.
When I go to Maumi, i always go just before they close, this way, he has time to make each piece one by one for me making the experience and taste much more enjoyable. (Taste as in with a plate of 20, the nori ain't crispy any more by the time you're on ur 6th piece).
Advertisement
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #6677
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,202
Thanked 18,493 Times in 3,992 Posts
LOLOLOLOL.
I'm pretty willing to try new things, but fish cum is not my idea of an awesome meal.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #6678
【=◈‿◈=】
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,510
Thanked 8,886 Times in 2,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
LOLOLOLOL.
I'm pretty willing to try new things, but fish cum is not my idea of an awesome meal.
have it for dessert
__________________
do_ob

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:21 PM   #6679
all day, everyday
 
mk1freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 19th hole
Posts: 2,011
Thanked 1,945 Times in 524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
have it for dessert
take it to go and have it at home in the closet
__________________
My Feedback
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #6680
#deephouse
 
knight604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,196
Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,245 Posts
annalena 8.5/10
__________________
/// x AMG
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #6681
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
guurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,557
Thanked 539 Times in 300 Posts
lees famous recipe chicken 8/10
zabu chicken 8/10

mmm fried chicken

i still like the 3 piece special $5 at churches more though hehe
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #6682
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 495
Thanked 758 Times in 141 Posts
There's this Korean fried chicken place in Coquitlam that I can actually appreciate more than Church's amazing $5 3 piece deal. It changed names now but the place was previously named "Ajuker Fried Chicken". About $10-15 for a styrofoam take-out box container of fried chicken. Doesn't come with fries but about two Korean side dishes like pickled radish and other stuff.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #6683
Ebisu Boss
 
Obsideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: West Side
Posts: 3,362
Thanked 1,263 Times in 477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
As Galactic_Phantom mentioned, Maumi is where it's at.

It's pretty seasonal and he used to have it on his omakase but it wasn't a huge hit with people so he doesn't promote it often.
When I go to Maumi, i always go just before they close, this way, he has time to make each piece one by one for me making the experience and taste much more enjoyable. (Taste as in with a plate of 20, the nori ain't crispy any more by the time you're on ur 6th piece).
Actually went there for the first time last weekend. My friend said it was her favourite pure sushi place so I had high expectations. A little disappointed. It was nothing special, ordered omakase sushi platter and it was all pretty bland.

IMHO if I wanted just nigiri sushi, would probably go Kishimoto.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #6684
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
guurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,557
Thanked 539 Times in 300 Posts
that's too bad the 3 piece special $5 is ending in april or something. i hope they continue it!!

just tried the new chinese restaurant called Lucky Plus that recently just opened on rupert and 22nd

8/10 decently priced food and they take debit/cc as well which is a plus.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #6685
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,818
Thanked 7,344 Times in 2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
There's this Korean fried chicken place in Coquitlam that I can actually appreciate more than Church's amazing $5 3 piece deal. It changed names now but the place was previously named "Ajuker Fried Chicken". About $10-15 for a styrofoam take-out box container of fried chicken. Doesn't come with fries but about two Korean side dishes like pickled radish and other stuff.
is this the place just south of lougheed on north road?
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #6686
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 994
Thanked 1,112 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Actually went there for the first time last weekend. My friend said it was her favourite pure sushi place so I had high expectations. A little disappointed. It was nothing special, ordered omakase sushi platter and it was all pretty bland.

IMHO if I wanted just nigiri sushi, would probably go Kishimoto.
They have a lot of fish from Japan that a lot of places in Vancouver don't have like Shako, Kuroda, Kinmedai, Isaki, Bora etc etc. And you're right, it's not that great, but its better than most of the places in the LM so....



Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
that's too bad the 3 piece special $5 is ending in april or something. i hope they continue it!!

just tried the new chinese restaurant called Lucky Plus that recently just opened on rupert and 22nd

8/10 decently priced food and they take debit/cc as well which is a plus.
Been meaning to try lucky plus. What kind of food is it? Seafood restaurant food? HK style cafe? Da Lang/Siu Yeh/Late Night? etc etc.

Last edited by Galactic_Phantom; 02-23-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #6687
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 495
Thanked 758 Times in 141 Posts
@Hondaracer - the place south of Lougheed Mall is called Da Sarang Chicken and they're pretty good for their Padak (green onion chicken platter) but the one i'm referring to is in a small strip north of Lougheed, right at the bend where North Road becomes Clarke
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #6688
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Jer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 359 Times in 154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Actually went there for the first time last weekend. My friend said it was her favourite pure sushi place so I had high expectations. A little disappointed. It was nothing special, ordered omakase sushi platter and it was all pretty bland.

IMHO if I wanted just nigiri sushi, would probably go Kishimoto.
i think the food is great. the only disappointing factor is the ambiance...there is none. its tiny, cramped and not very comfortable considering the price point.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #6689
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,759
Thanked 1,402 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
i think the food is great. the only disappointing factor is the ambiance...there is none. its tiny, cramped and not very comfortable considering the price point.
It's funny, they say no kids, there's no california roll, there's no a lot of things and yeah, there is zero ambiance. I'm not even sure if they have a public bathroom.

While I order the premium omaksae, I made sure it came 1 by 1 making the experience much more enjoyable. Second time I go back, i also wanted to order myself; reason being, I wanted less cuttlefish & squid and more 'exotic' fish.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #6690
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Durrann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E. Vancouver
Posts: 1,909
Thanked 301 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
There's this Korean fried chicken place in Coquitlam that I can actually appreciate more than Church's amazing $5 3 piece deal. It changed names now but the place was previously named "Ajuker Fried Chicken". About $10-15 for a styrofoam take-out box container of fried chicken. Doesn't come with fries but about two Korean side dishes like pickled radish and other stuff.
i hope they didn't change chefs/owners
my friends raved about this place but i didnt get a chance to go
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #6691
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 994
Thanked 1,112 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
It's funny, they say no kids, there's no california roll, there's no a lot of things and yeah, there is zero ambiance. I'm not even sure if they have a public bathroom.
Good. There are other a shit ton of other places that cater to the masses. Let them serve the niche market the way they wish. I can't imagine being stuck in a small space like Maumi or Taka's with a crying baby

Quote:
While I order the premium omaksae, I made sure it came 1 by 1 making the experience much more enjoyable. Second time I go back, i also wanted to order myself; reason being, I wanted less cuttlefish & squid and more 'exotic' fish.
Ughh...and thats why I never get omakases. Theres always something I won't like. If you know what kind of fishes you like just order them one by one. Write it down which ones are good if you have to
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #6692
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Can someone suggest some good Happy Hour places in downtown Vancouver? Meeting up with some friends to chit chat, and I am looking around for places with great appies

Cactus or milestones are meh to me.

One place that popped to mind to try is Joe Fortes maybe?
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #6693
God of Unce
 
Armind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ASOT
Posts: 7,779
Thanked 167 Times in 43 Posts
^ The Flying Pig
__________________
UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE!
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #6694
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,375
Thanked 1,301 Times in 537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
Can someone suggest some good Happy Hour places in downtown Vancouver? Meeting up with some friends to chit chat, and I am looking around for places with great appies

Cactus or milestones are meh to me.

One place that popped to mind to try is Joe Fortes maybe?
Chewies Coal Harbor, Joe Fortes, The Roof at Black and Blue
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #6695
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,056
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
@Hondaracer - the place south of Lougheed Mall is called Da Sarang Chicken and they're pretty good for their Padak (green onion chicken platter) but the one i'm referring to is in a small strip north of Lougheed, right at the bend where North Road becomes Clarke
Hooks up the address! I want to try out this place.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #6696
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 994
Thanked 1,112 Times in 292 Posts
^bruh...google..

+1 for flying pig appies
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #6697
Ebisu Boss
 
Obsideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: West Side
Posts: 3,362
Thanked 1,263 Times in 477 Posts
+ 2 for Flying Pig, they have a solid HH.
Joe Fortes is ok, and Ebisu
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #6698
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Kilinim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,086
Thanked 177 Times in 101 Posts
Gotham's 9.5/10

Food: 10/10
Service: 8.5

Server was a bit of a dick
__________________
S14.5
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #6699
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,733
Thanked 4,938 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
Gotham's 9.5/10

Food: 10/10
Service: 8.5

Server was a bit of a dick


where should revscene begin with this

__________________
Quote:
Hey guys,

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #6700
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,077
Thanked 5,126 Times in 1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
Gotham's 9.25/10

Food: 10/10
Service: 8.5

Server was a bit of a dick


where should revscene begin with this

Assuming both carry same weight, fixed. Much better.
__________________
Posted from NE 1-J W Inglis Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
To quote the most misunderstood individual and figurehead on Revscene:

"I am a changed person."

- TOS'd
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net