REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 12-31-2015, 09:44 AM   #6551
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
yea, $100 for $80, great deal really.

me and the GF usually buy 2, so getting $200 meal for $160
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #6552
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Good tip for Hy's.. but restaurant chosen by the birthday girl. Not about to ask them to switch it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:09 AM   #6553
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
recommendations on good indian place between vancouver and abbotsford? somewhere in surrey (srs)?

edit: looking for a place for lunch maybe in surrey/delta

Last edited by TOS'd; 01-02-2016 at 01:23 AM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #6554
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
If you don't require 100% authentic Indian; Green Lettuce on the Surrey/Delta border is a great Indian/Asian fusion restaurant. If you go, get the hot and sour soup.

Green Lettuce Restaurant - Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #6555
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
recommendations on good indian place between vancouver and abbotsford? somewhere in surrey (srs)?

Mirch Masala, 96 and 120 N. Delta. I'm not brown so I'm not sure if its authentic tasting or the best
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #6556
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
churches chicken 10/10
Old 01-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #6557
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Spent the weekend at Victoria. This post is a mix of breweries and food.

Arrived at 2PM on Saturday. First top - Phillips Brewing Company. I love their beer to begin with, I usually go for their Blue Buck. The guy that poured us was super friendly and easy to talk to. Super generous with his pours. Tasting was free but donations were accepted to some kid charity. Paid $3.50 for a little memorabilia 6oz taster glass. 8/10

Next stop - Vancouver Island Brewing Company. Only 2 blocks away from Phillips. $5 for 4 flights. They had 8 different beers on tap. My friend and I tried all of them for $10. I haven't developed a taste for IPA's so I skipped on all IPAs offered from all the breweries. I love VIB's Storm Watcher Winter Lager. Never tried it until that day. Paid iirc $2.50 or $3 for their taster glass to take home. 9/10 for the winter lager.

Tried to hit up Hoyne next but it was closed. It was about a 5-10 minute walk from VIB. I was super disappointed because I heard so many good things about their products.

Went to Driftwood Brewing Company. It was not my type of joint. They used small plastic 4 oz disposable taster cups. The guy at the counter was friendly though. I'm not sure if it was just not memorable or if I was pretty done from VIB and Phillips. 5/10

Moon Under Water Brewpub was about a 5 minute walk from Driftwood. It looked like a bit of a dive bar that happened to brew their own beer too. I think their flight was $10 for their full list of 8 different beers. I like this brew pub's beer more than Driftwood. Ordered their popcorn chicken and nachos to go with our beer at the pub. I was impressed with the two food choices. I had very low expectations for this place and it was satisfactory. There was a "paint" odour throughout the place though and I felt nauseous after. 5/10

Finished the night by visiting an Italian restaurant called Pagliacci's. My coworker friend recommended this place and said they served the best bread ever. Stood in line from 6:45PM til almost 8PM outside in 1C. Well worth the wait for the bread, oh holy mother of god. The pasta itself was authentic but the portions did not satisfy the ~$20/pasta dish. 8/10

The following morning, we went to Jam Cafe by recommendation by the same friend that suggested Pagliacci's. Hipster-ish brunch place, waited about 45 minutes outside that morning. Finally sat down. I ordered the Fried Chicken Eggs Benedict with a side of Pork Belly ($5 for 2 pieces) and my friend ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles. I asked for the eggs on mine to be poached medium and it was done exactly to my liking. Everything was decent but the hash browns that came with my plate the highlight - buttery and so impressive. 8/10
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #6558
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Chef's Kebab. Hole in the wall place. Kind of hard to find, right next door to Applewood Kia along Fraser Highway. Their food is probably some of the most consistently good Indian I have had (I've eaten there 4/5 times at least). The veggie samosas are definitely worth ordering.

Home Page
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #6559
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Mui Ngo Gai

First time there and we were hooked! we don't eat as much restaurant food as we used to, but this place tops all other Viet places in Regina and Calgary! Portions were just enough, price was perfect (actually, considering the quality I would have been ok with paying a bit more).

I'd give em 9/10!
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Spent the weekend at Victoria. This post is a mix of breweries and food.

Arrived at 2PM on Saturday. First top - Phillips Brewing Company. I love their beer to begin with, I usually go for their Blue Buck. The guy that poured us was super friendly and easy to talk to. Super generous with his pours. Tasting was free but donations were accepted to some kid charity. Paid $3.50 for a little memorabilia 6oz taster glass. 8/10

Next stop - Vancouver Island Brewing Company. Only 2 blocks away from Phillips. $5 for 4 flights. They had 8 different beers on tap. My friend and I tried all of them for $10. I haven't developed a taste for IPA's so I skipped on all IPAs offered from all the breweries. I love VIB's Storm Watcher Winter Lager. Never tried it until that day. Paid iirc $2.50 or $3 for their taster glass to take home. 9/10 for the winter lager.

Tried to hit up Hoyne next but it was closed. It was about a 5-10 minute walk from VIB. I was super disappointed because I heard so many good things about their products.

Went to Driftwood Brewing Company. It was not my type of joint. They used small plastic 4 oz disposable taster cups. The guy at the counter was friendly though. I'm not sure if it was just not memorable or if I was pretty done from VIB and Phillips. 5/10

Moon Under Water Brewpub was about a 5 minute walk from Driftwood. It looked like a bit of a dive bar that happened to brew their own beer too. I think their flight was $10 for their full list of 8 different beers. I like this brew pub's beer more than Driftwood. Ordered their popcorn chicken and nachos to go with our beer at the pub. I was impressed with the two food choices. I had very low expectations for this place and it was satisfactory. There was a "paint" odour throughout the place though and I felt nauseous after. 5/10

Finished the night by visiting an Italian restaurant called Pagliacci's. My coworker friend recommended this place and said they served the best bread ever. Stood in line from 6:45PM til almost 8PM outside in 1C. Well worth the wait for the bread, oh holy mother of god. The pasta itself was authentic but the portions did not satisfy the ~$20/pasta dish. 8/10

The following morning, we went to Jam Cafe by recommendation by the same friend that suggested Pagliacci's. Hipster-ish brunch place, waited about 45 minutes outside that morning. Finally sat down. I ordered the Fried Chicken Eggs Benedict with a side of Pork Belly ($5 for 2 pieces) and my friend ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles. I asked for the eggs on mine to be poached medium and it was done exactly to my liking. Everything was decent but the hash browns that came with my plate the highlight - buttery and so impressive. 8/10
so all the breweries are within walking distance of each other?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #6561
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Horizons on Burnaby Mountain: 8/10.

This is a good restaurant that serves good seafood and has a beautiful view of Burrard Inlet.

Their seafood main course items are good. Try the seafood chowder in tomato broth base and their seafood crepes. -really good!

The bill came two $50 for me and my friend. Two seafood crepes and one seafood chowder and a coffee.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-09-2016 at 03:11 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #6562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
so all the breweries are within walking distance of each other?
Yes that's right. Brewery Walk
Old 01-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #6563
I subscribe to Revscene

anyone have restaurant ideas for Valentines? fine dining please. thanks
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 PM   #6564
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

blue bella korean cuisine on robson - 4/10
shit service. didnt even serve us water and napkins we had to ask for them twice. food was meh. fried chicken was just average id rather eat churches. spicy assorted sashimi was just salmon sashimi and it was frozen. pork belly was good though lol but i liked that their portions were big.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:47 PM   #6565

Li's China Grill

Got their specialty Sichuan grilled fish. 4 Different kinds of fish to choose from all at $13/lb and got the catfish at 3 pounds and 6 different sauces. We got the bean paste sauce since me and the gf don't eat spicy. 8/10

The grilled oysters were big, fresh, and delicious and it was only $4/piece. Had it in both garlic and black bean. 9.5/10

The bbq stuff was pretty bad. Much better at Chef James/XinJiang Man at the night market. 3/10

I assume if you can't speak Mandarin service would be straight to the shitter. I mean, it was just acceptable even when you're speaking Mandarin.
5/10

6.5/10 - Saving grace was the oysters. Seriously can't go wrong. Wanna go back just to order 10 bbq oysters
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #6566
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Tried out Bai Bua Thai cuisine on hastings.

Got their green/red curry, coconut rice and khao soi. All tasted so on point. Been craving authentic Thai food for quite some time now, and this place definitely satisfied all my cravings.

10/10!
AXKA. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #6567
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ now i want to try hehe
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #6568

^Speaking of thai food, anyone know where I can get some thai raw prawns, goong che nam pa in town? I've only had it in Vegas, Hong Kong, never in Vancouver
Old 01-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #6569
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:

Tasty Indian Bistro - 8295 Scott Road

I always enjoy this place, service is really good compared to most places.
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #6570
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Horizons on Burnaby Mountain: 8/10.

This is a good restaurant that serves good seafood and has a beautiful view of Burrard Inlet.

Their seafood main course items are good. Try the seafood chowder in tomato broth base and their seafood crepes. -really good!

The bill came two $50 for me and my friend. Two seafood crepes and one seafood chowder and a coffee.

I am the self proclaimed breakfast food king and I approve this message
AXKA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #6571
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

denny's southwest marine drive 1/10

waited 15min before being served and the old asian lady who served us smells like just had a cigarette. she make a mistake of my friend's order without apologizing. greasy and small portions.

i had a coffee, meat lover skillet and a apple crisp which cost $26

1 out of 10 is based on the quality of service, food, price and portion.

I am sure we can have better quality of service and food at similar class of diners.
trynfok is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #6572

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXKA. View Post
Tried out Bai Bua Thai cuisine on hastings.

Got their green/red curry, coconut rice and khao soi. All tasted so on point. Been craving authentic Thai food for quite some time now, and this place definitely satisfied all my cravings.

10/10!
Yea been to this place a few times, good stuff
Old 01-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #6573

+1, i've never had a good time at Denny's.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #6574
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trynfok View Post
denny's southwest marine drive 1/10

waited 15min before being served and the old asian lady who served us smells like just had a cigarette. she make a mistake of my friend's order without apologizing. greasy and small portions.

i had a coffee, meat lover skillet and a apple crisp which cost $26

1 out of 10 is based on the quality of service, food, price and portion.

I am sure we can have better quality of service and food at similar class of diners.

fuck i love the smell of cigarettes in diners

servers trying to make it authentic gets an extra dollar tip

ignoring me gets an extra two dollars tip!

calling me sugar cakes seals the deal and she gets three

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #6575
I am Hook'd on RS

Has anyone tried 'Tera V Burger' in Vancouver? It's a vegetarian/vegan burger place. Have a lady friend who is vegan ( ) so was thinking of taking her there.
thebrownboy is offline   Reply With Quote