REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #3176
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Why bother hiding it? It's not like you can get rid of it
you clearly didnt grow up in an asian household lol, i can imagine my mother bickering about my tattoo from sun rise to sun set.. no jokes
Advertisement
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #3177
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
I maintain that it's not "culture", it's shitty people. Maybe they had shitty parents too, but that's still not a good excuse. Anyway, I don't want to make anyone feel bad so I won't harp on it. "Because culture" is never a good excuse for shitty behaviour. An explanation maybe, but not an excuse.

I'll just say that it's okay to admit your parents aren't very good people in some ways. Also they'll likely accept you even if they are shitty and ignorant about some things you do, because you're their children.

If you're 17 I get it - any parents in the world would likely give you shit for making such a life altering decision at such a young age, deservedly so. But if you're a grown adult living on your own [or even not], come on
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #3178
My homepage has been set to RS

It's not that my parents can do anything to me or tell me to get rid of it, but I'll hear about it constantly for as long as they live. I'm not even kidding. My parents will randomly bring up my other tattoos and starting bitching about it and i've had tattoos for the last 12 years. It's quite annoying to hear, and I can't yell at them or anything as they're my parents.

I jokingly say I'm scared of my mom, but no, i'm not scared of her. I just don't want to hear all the nagging i'll get when she finds out.

Like shit, don't get my started on my parents. In some ways they're awesome people, and in other ways...yeah. Typical traditional Chinese parents.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #3179
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,017 Times in 7,108 Posts
Just do it now and get it out of the way. They will find out eventually. My grandparents saw my first tattoo for the first time when I was hospitalized after a pretty big car accident. They lectured me while I was lying in a hospital bed and I was just like "are you fucking kidding me right now?"
They got a rude awakening when my great grandma saw it and said how much she loved the colours haha.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #3180

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Being against tattoos does not make you a shitty person. Saying that these people are shitty makes you a shitty person.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #3181

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Just do it now and get it out of the way. They will find out eventually. My grandparents saw my first tattoo for the first time when I was hospitalized after a pretty big car accident. They lectured me while I was lying in a hospital bed and I was just like "are you fucking kidding me right now?"
They got a rude awakening when my great grandma saw it and said how much she loved the colours haha.
It's always my elderly patients who compliment my ink the most. It's adorable. One old lady has this odd habit of stroking my arm lovingly and I no longer get creeped out by it. She genuinely thinks it's a beautiful piece lol
Old 07-29-2016, 02:35 AM   #3182

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Being against tattoos does not make you a shitty person. Saying that these people are shitty makes you a shitty person.
One of these things has a direct negative effect on peoples' lives. The other makes people aware.

Also "being against tattoos" is not what makes someone shitty. A person may not be able to stand them, and would never get them. Making other people feel bad for having them is what makes them a shitty person. Bringing it up constantly "nagging" about something that has already been done and can't be taken back. THAT makes someone a bad person and a bad parent.

Your clever statement might get you a lot of e-cred here but you don't even get how wrong it is.

BTW I apologize for the negative topic, but I think it's an important one. The sooner "because culture" can stop being used as an excuse for making other peoples' lives miserable, the sooner humanity can move on to better things. Positivity and acceptance is a wonderful thing, but before we get there we have to face the ugly side like I am bringing up here. It has to be faced head on, not shoved into a forgotten corner of our minds.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
It's always my elderly patients who compliment my ink the most. It's adorable. One old lady has this odd habit of stroking my arm lovingly and I no longer get creeped out by it. She genuinely thinks it's a beautiful piece lol
I've noticed that it's old people who have gotten past the bitterness and hatred and are "over it", and young kids who haven't learned it yet are most naturally open minded people you'll find in the world. Once they learn how to be assholes is what sucks [usually from their asshole parents], but thankfully not everyone is like that. This is all regardless of what piece of dirt they happen to be born on geographically.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #3184
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
I see what skinnypupp is saying

I grew up in a super traditional Chinese family so I also completely understand beebeeahn.

It's really really hard to understand unless you grew up in a Chinese family. There needs to be a new word in the dictionary for Chinese parent nagging. It's literally on another level.

But if I do what skinnypupp say I have to flip table and call my parent out everytime it happen. its really not possible, I can't lecture them on positivity and acceptance everytime they nag. I also can't give a speech at a family gathering when the same topic is brought up. Life is not a movie you don't get a monologue. it's really not possible and really it doesn't matter how you bring it up tranditional folks need to "get it" themselves, there is no other way you cannot talk them into acceptance because there was none to begin with
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #3185
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I agree!

I wouldn't argue with someone who's perception is so heavily skewed from living on the board for far too long.
Porsche957 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #3186
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
can we stop this discussion? lol gonna turn this thread into shits..

anyways, some new artists ive been following on ig
https://www.instagram.com/billyhay/
https://www.instagram.com/kostas_tzikalagias/
https://www.instagram.com/hocheon1/
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #3187

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I see what skinnypupp is saying

I grew up in a super traditional Chinese family so I also completely understand beebeeahn.

It's really really hard to understand unless you grew up in a Chinese family. There needs to be a new word in the dictionary for Chinese parent nagging. It's literally on another level.

But if I do what skinnypupp say I have to flip table and call my parent out everytime it happen. its really not possible, I can't lecture them on positivity and acceptance everytime they nag. I also can't give a speech at a family gathering when the same topic is brought up. Life is not a movie you don't get a monologue. it's really not possible and really it doesn't matter how you bring it up tranditional folks need to "get it" themselves, there is no other way you cannot talk them into acceptance because there was none to begin with
Believe me I'm fully aware of the "nagging chinese parents" archetype. I see it all the time. It ruins lives. Also believe me, it's not limited to chinese parents, and it's not because they're chinese.

Anyway yeah let's move on. Some people get it, some don't. Some even refuse to, as you can see in other replies. Even the haters are coming out of the woodwork on their alt accounts
Old 07-31-2016, 07:23 PM   #3188
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
can we stop this discussion? lol gonna turn this thread into shits..

anyways, some new artists ive been following on ig
https://www.instagram.com/billyhay/
https://www.instagram.com/kostas_tzikalagias/
https://www.instagram.com/hocheon1/
Hocheon1 does amazing work. Another really good Korean artist is Horikuni.

Does anyone else think that a lot of the Korean artists do Irezumi better than the Japanese ones?

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #3189
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

truong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #3190
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Line work mostly done, waves and the base of the ship next and shading!
I have no idea how he followed the stencil he made up

Ps thanks to all those who chimed in about cleaning/healing. Went to work an hour after my session fully prepared and all has been well since

Pps, just realized it looks like I got the tattoo at a house in the second photo, I got it at whiterock tattoo, the second shot was at the cabin this weekend where I couldn't enjoy the sun or the lake.. =(
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #3191

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
looks good man. What did you end up doing to prep for work?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #3192
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
lotion, aquaphor and unscented/light soap, A long sleeve shirt and I made him very aware how physical my job was so he put some pad over the peice with lotion and wrapped my entire forarm with a flexable cast that's similar to a tensor wrap

As goes for the healing process his advice was to wash it daily or after any activity that could cause it to get dirty/sweaty. Blot dry followed by a very small amount of lotion/aquaphor and only apply lotion when it starts to feel dry. He explained not to over do the lotion as it could lift the scab and that could lead to cracks/light spots early in the healing process and expose the wound and leave it open to infection
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #3193

Do any of you guys spend a lot of time in the sun?Like an entire day. I've been applying and reapplying sunscreen a lot, but wondering if I should get one of those sleeves to cover up my tattoo while i'm out biking or shooting or whatever. I'm not sure if just using sunscreen is enough. I'm pretty paranoid about keeping my tattoo in perfect condition.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #3194

Quote:
Do any of you guys spend a lot of time in the sun?Like an entire day. I've been applying and reapplying sunscreen a lot, but wondering if I should get one of those sleeves to cover up my tattoo while i'm out biking or shooting or whatever. I'm not sure if just using sunscreen is enough. I'm pretty paranoid about keeping my tattoo in perfect condition.
I brought tattoo jacket in preparation to hide my sleeve at work. They are pretty expensive for what is it but apprantely its a lot better than any sunscreen. Keep your arm cool too in the heat. Apparently lol havnt actually try using t yet
Old 08-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #3195

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I brought tattoo jacket in preparation to hide my sleeve at work. They are pretty expensive for what is it but apprantely its a lot better than any sunscreen. Keep your arm cool too in the heat. Apparently lol havnt actually try using t yet
got a link to what you got? my problem with sunscreen is that i tend to sweat it off and after i reapply every hour or so, it feels pretty damn gross.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #3196

Quote:
got a link to what you got? my problem with sunscreen is that i tend to sweat it off and after i reapply every hour or so, it feels pretty damn gross.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I got it's actually tat2x. Tat jacket is the same thing but different brand. Read the review this seems better. No real life test yet so buy at your own discretion
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #3197

2 days back to back session with Tristen done! My pain tolerance is definitely getting lower as I grow older. Very satisfy with the result though! Now the long wait to finish it up....

Old 08-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #3198

L00ks rad, w0uld l0ve t0 see m0re f the tiger
Old 08-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #3199

^ why do you type like that lol. Tiger very incomplete Tristen don't feel like showing it off lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #3200

Sorry that keyboard was broken.. After realizing how often the English language uses the letter "O" I decided to dig out a working one
This post thanked by: