REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #19251
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Had my first "fight" today... fuck I don't understand women sometimes. One thing leads to another that's completely unrelated to whatever you're trying to say. Fuck.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #19252
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Had my first "fight" today... fuck I don't understand women sometimes. One thing leads to another that's completely unrelated to whatever you're trying to say. Fuck.
you think thats bad? im pretty sure i had my last fight today, im going to be single on next saturday. she's been making up excuses to fight with me because shes got so much bullshit stress from trying to set up a wedding shower that shes bitten off more than she can handle. she asks me to help with things, i offer as much help as possible, but if my help isn't 100% aligned with her vision of how things will need to be done, i might as well sit back in a lawn chair and watch her struggle. she asks for my opinions on decorating ideas, asking if i like this or this better...if i pick the wrong one she storms off like a 12 year old. shes stressed to the point where she wont even talk to me now(5 days now), and when she did this morning for 2 minutes via text, she basically said that since all this wedding shower shit started, shes now realizes how far off from her needs i am. news flash for her - she thinks relationships are like in the movies where they never have fights, they never have different opinions, and they grow old together happy...it aint ever like that... so now i got a few years wasted down the drain...i try as hard as i can to make her realize that shes making a bad decision and one strictly out of stress....but shes to foolish to see it.

she needs prozac or something...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #19253
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
you think thats bad? im pretty sure i had my last fight today, im going to be single on next saturday. she's been making up excuses to fight with me because shes got so much bullshit stress from trying to set up a wedding shower that shes bitten off more than she can handle. she asks me to help with things, i offer as much help as possible, but if my help isn't 100% aligned with her vision of how things will need to be done, i might as well sit back in a lawn chair and watch her struggle. she asks for my opinions on decorating ideas, asking if i like this or this better...if i pick the wrong one she storms off like a 12 year old. shes stressed to the point where she wont even talk to me now(5 days now), and when she did this morning for 2 minutes via text, she basically said that since all this wedding shower shit started, shes now realizes how far off from her needs i am. news flash for her - she thinks relationships are like in the movies where they never have fights, they never have different opinions, and they grow old together happy...it aint ever like that... so now i got a few years wasted down the drain...i try as hard as i can to make her realize that shes making a bad decision and one strictly out of stress....but shes to foolish to see it.

bolded for Z!

i've been there bro, they usually come around when they see it.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #19254
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
bolded for Z!

i've been there bro, they usually come around when they see it.
sad thing is is that she probably wont.

we've been together, shit was great, then i got diagnosed with a brain cyst and it left me with epilepsy. no more driving, riding my bike, shooting, scuba diving, able to get around on my own since it took almost 2 years before they could get me on a stable amount of pills...was on a career path of trying/applying to fire departments etc. my life was put on hold, and i know its not easy for her either. i went from 190-200lbs in the gym 5 days a week...to 160lbs due to not being able to leave my couch for quite some time. so for the past 2 years shes been my main source of transportation which has been a burden on her i can only assume since we live in opposite cities (me in burnaby, her in maple ridge..borderline mission)

im actually meeting with a neurologist at vgh tomorrow to find out if im accepted into being a candidate for brain surgery to remove it(taken 2 years of testing to get this far). if so, after a year i could be back to my normal self and possibly be driving again and taking a load of her shoulder. if not, its still probably one more reason why its to hard to be with her and me not able to fit her needs (not sexually). so if i get bad news tomorrow, im kinda fucked and will be spending the next several years alone. cause lets face it, chicks dont want a guy who cant get around on his own anymore, has to pop pills every day, its not exactly ideal. i used to avoid girls who didnt own a car, now i know how it feels.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #19255
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^ That is rough, but if she can't handle the rough stuff then you're better off without her. Shit gets real. Life is tough. If she wants a movie relationship she's going to have a hard time finding it.

Don't give up on yourself yet, though. I dated someone with epilepsy. I didn't see him as any less of a person or man because of it, even when he was having grand mal seizures on the bathroom floor. He had no trouble finding people to love him, before or after me and it certainly wasn't the epilepsy that broke us up. Lots of kinds of chicks in the world and some of them are strong enough to wade through the shitty bits for the good bits.

Good luck at the neurologist!
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #19256
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
sad thing is is that she probably wont.

we've been together, shit was great, then i got diagnosed with a brain cyst and it left me with epilepsy. no more driving, riding my bike, shooting, scuba diving, able to get around on my own since it took almost 2 years before they could get me on a stable amount of pills...was on a career path of trying/applying to fire departments etc. my life was put on hold, and i know its not easy for her either. i went from 190-200lbs in the gym 5 days a week...to 160lbs due to not being able to leave my couch for quite some time. so for the past 2 years shes been my main source of transportation which has been a burden on her i can only assume since we live in opposite cities (me in burnaby, her in maple ridge..borderline mission)

im actually meeting with a neurologist at vgh tomorrow to find out if im accepted into being a candidate for brain surgery to remove it(taken 2 years of testing to get this far). if so, after a year i could be back to my normal self and possibly be driving again and taking a load of her shoulder. if not, its still probably one more reason why its to hard to be with her and me not able to fit her needs (not sexually). so if i get bad news tomorrow, im kinda fucked and will be spending the next several years alone. cause lets face it, chicks dont want a guy who cant get around on his own anymore, has to pop pills every day, its not exactly ideal. i used to avoid girls who didnt own a car, now i know how it feels.

First off, I'm just going to throw this out there... It is true when they say, people only like to hear what they want to hear. However, when you're in a relationship (romantic or platonic), wouldn't you want the truth, no matter how awful it sounded? (Maybe that's just me..) That said, isn't it unfair to be mad at your significant other because they said something you didn't want to hear? (i.e. wedding shower ideas you weren't so fond of) I think the movies are such bullshit. You can't always finish each other's sentences and be in sync without mishaps. It shouldn't be idealistic to have a relationship where you don't fight. Fights aren't bad, insofar as both parties can communicate their feelings. The bad connotation to fighting, I think, comes from a cultural rhetoric of "we fight, we can't see eye to eye, we break up, we get back together, and do it all over again." Though, from where I stand, disagreements bring about true character. And this encompasses all facets of the said disagreement. The beginning, the middle, and the end. The fight itself. The festering of emotions. Then the resolution. I think true colours show when tempers rise and that's always a good way to learn more about yourself and the person you are with.

---

I'm going through some physically life altering mishaps of my own. Going from able bodied to the other end of the spectrum is extremely tough. It isn't an adjustment for yourself, but like you said, for everyone around you as well. I think it's....kind (is that the right word?) of you to justify her frustrations and explain how tough it has been on her since your diagnosis. But I think that you're implicating yourself when you shouldn't have to. I hate to say it, but wedding vows have a point (within the context of weddings, and without). "...in sickness and in health..." Know what I mean? I'm not saying your gf is awful. I've seen my fair share of frustrated people around me having issues coping with my changes too. But I find it more damaging to me in my coping and healing if I let my situation be the excuse for insensitive behaviour. You didn't chose your situation. But those around you can chose how they respond to your situation.

In any case, I'm sending good vibrations your way!!! Hopefully it's nothing but good news from the doctors! And perchance the news isn't what you were hoping for, if the girls you find from here on out avoid you because of this diagnosis and the effects it has on your life, then you need to look elsewhere. Trust me, there are way bigger hearts elsewhere.
sloansabbith is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #19257
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Good luck stewie! I hope everything works out for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #19258
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
girls love to fuck with our minds don't they...
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #19259

Let's be real here, people like to fuck with other people's minds all the time. Regardless of being a girl or a guy.

(maybe girls more so than guys, but you can't be blind to the fact that it goes both ways...)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #19260

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
girls love to fuck with our minds don't they...
Guys love to fuck with girls' minds, too.
Nobody is safe.
In a perfect world, people who like to fuck with other people's minds are only allowed to date other people who do the same thing. They can all self-destruct together and leave the rest of us to have open, honest, mature relationships :P
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #19261
How I Mod your mother

Quote:

This is why women need to stay away from these shows that try and portray lives of women like sex in the city. Shit in real life is not as easy as fucking movies and TV shows. Unfortunately most women are so caught up in social media and reality tv shows and shit they can't tell the difference so they start thinking everything must be how it is on TV.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully she comes to her senses and realizes that just because she's having trouble planning a wedding/the way you like to do things isn't the way she does things/maybe she needs to think using logic rather than emotions doesn't mean you aren't what she needs.

Actually wait, that's it up there. Women don't use their heads when they make decisions under stress. They use EMOTIONS.
Therefore, based on my math, when she isn't stressed anymore, she won't be able to justify stupid decisions based on her EMOTIONS, and will hopefully use LOGIC. Hopefully.

Best of luck. Some "women" will always just be girls.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #19262
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Please call me back today...
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #19263

We're not even together and you're already crazy

abort or what?
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #19264

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeat View Post
We're not even together and you're already crazy

abort or what?
Abort.

Craziness is the dysphemism for insecure. Being together could bring about more insecurities than satisfy them...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #19265
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Why the fuck am I still living at home going through this psychological abuse...
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #19266
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Where am I going with all this?
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #19267
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts

BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #19268
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

disagree without being disagreeable
digitalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #19269

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansabbith View Post
Abort.

Craziness is the dysphemism for insecure. Being together could bring about more insecurities than satisfy them...
super hot 10/10 tho
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #19270
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
welp. i dont really like my girlfriends mother. she has a warm heart and is a great person, but every single word that comes out of her mouth is something negative. she came by to pick up sarah to see her grandfather in the carehome for fathers day (belated due to schedule conflicts) and the ~10 minutes she was over, i heard

- ........... (she came in the door and didn't even say hi to be for about 3 minutes though im right in front of her..)
- this is fake hard wood floor right? *stomp stomp stomp* hmm..
- whats wrong with your cat? why is he so fat
- your other one looks cute but why is she so un friendly
- is that funny money? (referring to some USD i had on the table, got back from vegas late last night)
- who in the right mind would own one of these? (my gf's airsoft pistol)
- this suite must have been two rooms? they did it all wrong. the roof could probably collapse any minute now
- lets hope you know how to mop that fake hardwood and not ruin it
- what is this clown looking bike? someone should have made it nicer (referring to my gulf racing road bike)

the best one was that, sarah made a little sign for me on the counter that reads "welcome home baby! i missed you!!" with an xoxoxoxoxo border and stuff so when i came home from vegas i would see it, since she'll already be in bed. it was still on the counter and her mother says "sarah, who is this sign for? did you make it for everett? thats sorta weird.." and everett is sarah's cat..... i stood there, and said " uh.. i was out of town for the weekend, she made it for me"

"oh................................ eh...."

----

seriously. i would not survive a day in an environment like that, and if i had children i would never ever ever ever want them exposed to something like that. i have no idea how sarah got out so happy and cheerful and motivated. im not saying i dont like her mother, BUT its something im going to have to get used to i guess. she also smokes. blehh
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #19271
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Things are going pretty well, but I really hope this isn't a dead end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #19272
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Thai Surprise!!!!
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #19273
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

doubting everything
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #19274
God of Unce

The struggle is real.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #19275
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Wish I kept in contact with you, almost 10 years later and still cute af. Pretty sure your bubbly personality hasn't gone either.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote