REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 10-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #19801
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts

yep.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #19802
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum119 View Post
fuck that was stupid, but cant blame u. but serioulsy now that u punched his face in shes gonna think that ur a total douche and hes the one whos suffering. and in the end u lose ur frd and any chance to get back with ur ex
Best friends usually don't harbor secret love interests for best friends' girlfriends/wives... and they should definitely know whether their best friend is still into their ex and not jump on the window of opportunity when opened... at least not without letting the best friend know (I hesitate to use consent/consult).

What you did in retrospect, maybe immature, but not unprovoked. If he didn't retaliate, he probably knows he deserves it, but regardless, get over the girl to maybe salvage your friendship (if you still think he's your best friend). As for the ex's reaction, you don't just have feelings for someone out of nowhere... like wtf (you smell that? bullsh*t).
fourthavenuecafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #19803
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Bf's birthday is tomorrow and I'm not currently working so I'm REALLY low on cash. Any ideas? Everything he wants is unattainable for me right now. Halp
Just curious if he's on this forum lol...
fourthavenuecafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #19804
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREVER View Post
opposites attract or similarity attracts hmmmmmmmmmm
Core values are all that matter. Hobbies, interests, etc. can go either way!
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #19805
I STILL don't get it

"I want to die. Death is approaching" a novel by me when I'm sick.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #19806
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthavenuecafe View Post
Just curious if he's on this forum lol...
He is but he never comes on here unless I send him a link to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #19807
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I need a beer.
Too many distractions.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #19808
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Bad choice and/or mistakes does not effect a person until it sinks in.

" If you really want it, It will drive you."
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #19809
God of Unce

Crossing fingers that the future employer will offer me what I've requested...
Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 AM   #19810
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

partied since thursday night non-stop even after waking up during my long weekend in edmonton. the party never stopped. feels nice to be home and sober. lol
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #19811
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I'm finally trying to move on.
Met someone new
But I still think about you..
But this is a start
phunky.FOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #19812
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
AAAAANNNNNND...

I'M SINGLE NOW!!

--edit--

weird part is she acted like this was a shock to her...
she said its me who's been giving the silent treatment, not her.
she hates canada, wants to live in the US, which i tell her isn't exactly just as easy as crossing the border and handing out resumes...but she doesn't understand that.
she has an extremely small family and says she likes larger families....mines extremely large and she refuses to come to them cause they're boring to her...
my parents are rude/childish/immature etc....yet she can pull these stunts
shes unable to tolerate stress at any level, and shes used that to threaten me with break ups in the past because i dont help her enough to lower the stress.
talking with her sister before she came over....apparently shes been on and off taking anti depressant pills and ive never once known that.....

hopefully she doesnt do anything stupid....but im glad its over now. no more headache

second edit!

well, she got home crying. her sister was talking to me prior to her coming over tonight and told me that i need to walk away. she got home crying her eyes out and her mother and sister were there to ream her out. they told her how fucking stupid and selfish bitch shes been and i guess it finally dawned on her that shes been a cunt for the past while and that she needs to make some changes in her attitude etc....so she called me crying her eyes out telling me all that. said she wants me to make a list as to what she does that irritates me (ive an extremely high tolerance level and can easily brush things off but after what she said about my family etc pushed me over my limit), and she wants to change that by learning to accept me and the fact that parents bicker at each other and she wants to start coming to my family dinners since she normally refuses to becuase she thinks they're boring as fuck (30-40 people at my family dinners...and we have a dinner usually for holidays/birthdays....so we have a LOT). she comes from a family with just a mom and a father who ran away after she was born, and she has 1 cousin who she sees once every decade.), so she wants to learn the whole family values thing.

as for now ive told her what i feel/think and that i need time to myself.

advice? suggestions?

i love the girl and hate having to let her go, but i felt it was the only thing to do at the time since there was no other option for me.

your guy's intake?

Last edited by stewie; 10-16-2014 at 12:03 AM.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:33 AM   #19813
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
AAAAANNNNNND...

I'M SINGLE NOW!!

--edit--

she hates canada, wants to live in the US, which i tell her isn't exactly just as easy as crossing the border and handing out resumes...but she doesn't understand that.
she has an extremely small family and says she likes larger families....mines extremely large and she refuses to come to them cause they're boring to her...
shes unable to tolerate stress at any level, and shes used that to threaten me with break ups in the past because i dont help her enough to lower the stress.
talking with her sister before she came over....apparently shes been on and off taking anti depressant pills and ive never once known that.....

hopefully she doesnt do anything stupid....but im glad its over now. no more headache

second edit!

well, she got home crying. her sister was talking to me prior to her coming over tonight and told me that i need to walk away. she got home crying her eyes out and her mother and sister were there to ream her out. they told her how fucking stupid and selfish bitch shes been and i guess it finally dawned on her that shes been a cunt for the past while and that she needs to make some changes in her attitude etc....so she called me crying her eyes out telling me all that. said she wants me to make a list as to what she does that irritates me (ive an extremely high tolerance level and can easily brush things off but after what she said about my family etc pushed me over my limit), and she wants to change that by learning to accept me and the fact that parents bicker at each other and she wants to start coming to my family dinners since she normally refuses to becuase she thinks they're boring as fuck (30-40 people at my family dinners...and we have a dinner usually for holidays/birthdays....so we have a LOT). she comes from a family with just a mom and a father who ran away after she was born, and she has 1 cousin who she sees once every decade.), so she wants to learn the whole family values thing.

advice? suggestions?

i love the girl and hate having to let her go, but i felt it was the only thing to do at the time since there was no other option for me.

your guy's intake?
Looks like you got some leeway now

On a serious note though I would say if you don't want to let her and you think she may change, go to give her another chance. People tend to change when they hit their lowest point and it seems like your girlfriend may have hit it if shes been called out on her actions. I don't think she'll be able to fix everything that irritates you (who can?) but I guess you two can work on the major things.
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #19814
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
AAAAANNNNNND...

I'M SINGLE NOW!!

--edit--

second edit!

advice? suggestions?

your guy's intake?
Run. Run far away. I went through this with my first bf. EXACT same thing, called me crying promising to change. The thing is, they change for a bit.... and then they go back to the same old shit. That's a HUGE list of shit that she needs to change. And in order to change it permanently, it's going to take months maybe years. Also, on again off again with antidepressants is a big no-no. Especially when it clearly doesn't work using them like that (some people can get away with using them for a while and taking a break, but clearly not her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #19815
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ Honestly, please yourself first.

If you think that you will be happy with her, then give her a second chance. I'd base it on doubts.. how much do you think she will change? If she changes, how would it affect your relationship? Do you think she will eventually go back to her childish state and be bitter and try making you the bad guy?

There's lots of ways it can go bad again, just a warning if you give her a second chance. But never forget that people can change if they want to. Just remember the "if they want to" part.

------------

The less I stress, the better I sleep.
Just sucks because the stress level has been too damn high lately.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #19816
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
+1, run away. It may suck at first but after the initial sting you'll feel a huge weight off your shoulders.

Having a high tolerance to BS might be a sign of co-dependence (the feeling of wanting to shoulder all their bullshit and stress in hopes that they'll feel better), which is something you have to learn about yourself and grow out of for a healthy relationship; I've struggled with that myself in the past.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #19817
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
i'm ready to throw in the towel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #19818

Quote:
AAAAANNNNNND...

I'M SINGLE NOW!!

--edit--

That should have been the end of the post. Pop some bottles, celebrate your freedom, start living your life, and let the right person find you.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #19819
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
i'm ready to throw in the towel.

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #19820

Two years ago, I was listening to a lot of autumn hipster songs and trying desperately not to have feelings for my roommate. It didn't work, but it worked out. It finds you at the weirdest times, in the strangest places, when you least expect it. Sometimes you have to break some of your rules.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #19821
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i miss you so much...
AndroidBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #19822
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Israeli girls. Damn. Found a new Kryptonite.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #19823
I am Hook'd on RS

@stewie: give her that list, so she knows how irritable she is/was. whether you guys work it out or part ways the list will give her something to think about and reflect upon.

i think parting ways is probably the logical choice, but stuff like this isn't a matter of logical sense so i guess it comes down to the question of just how much you love this girl.. enough to overlook the possibility of her reverting back to her old self?

there is no guarantee that change is always for the better.
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #19824
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
One more month to go before we hit 1 year. Glad that we completely conquered the honeymoon period and are still just as in love as we were when we first started dating
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #19825
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
One more month to go before we hit 1 year. Glad that we completely conquered the honeymoon period and are still just as in love as we were when we first started dating
and still zero pics delivered

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)