REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #22226
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
I miss you...
Spoiler!

Old 12-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #22227
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
It doesn't get better
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #22228
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Man I need to focus on taking care of my health. Feeling like crap the past 6 weeks...

Working at desk sucks ass to be honest, fucked up my posture....And I've only been working full-time at a desk for 6 years....Can't image what's ahead
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #22229
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
I'm over it.
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #22230
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
I vow not to go near any malls until Dec 27th.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #22231
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
What are even "friends" these days?
Old 12-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #22232
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
We spent half the weekend in bed......
sleeping... because new electric blanket.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #22233
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,427 Times in 921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
What are even "friends" these days?
Someone who drives you to pick up your extra car/house key when you locked it inside the car at like 2 am

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #22234
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
finally finished my 10 page research essay
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #22235
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think I'd much prefer the good ol' days
<3 envee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 06:46 PM   #22236
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
feeling frustrated.

i've been trying to find a new job to take that next step and boy is it hard!

9+ years of accounting experience and there is always some reason to not get it (we need more *insert industry* experience, we need someone who's been part of "hyper growth" environment not just growth, you are over qualified - apply as a manager, we decided to promote from within, it's unfortunate we couldn't agree on a time to meet; so we've hired someone else, we don't have the budget for your salary expectations) The amount of time spent on 1st , 2nd , 3rd interviews is insane. The time allocated for phone interviews is yuuge.

Recruiters - they are also a scam. None of these guys seem to have jobs. just fishing for a contact to add to their outlook.

whats a guy gotta do to get a job now a days.

/rant

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 07:26 PM   #22237
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Almost a year at this new job, starting to want a higher salary even though it's above average.
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #22238
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
feeling frustrated.

9+ years of accounting experience and there is always some reason to not get it (we need more *insert industry* experience, we need someone who's been part of "hyper growth" environment not just growth, you are over qualified - apply as a manager, we decided to promote from within, it's unfortunate we couldn't agree on a time to meet; so we've hired someone else, we don't have the budget for your salary expectations) The amount of time spent on 1st , 2nd , 3rd interviews is insane. The time allocated for phone interviews is yuuge.

Recruiters - they are also a scam. None of these guys seem to have jobs. just fishing for a contact to add to their outlook.

/rant
Network! 9/10 people I know got their jobs because someone vouched for them.

Not saying it's fair, but if you look at it from a hiring manager's perspective they get a pile of "qualified" candidates of which a large % bs their experience and certifications. Interviews will filter out some people, but you really don't know this person's work style/behavior/attitude from a few short meetings. The hiring managers and HR put in the same (in some cases more) time as the applicants, it's a frustrating process for everyone.

Someone vouching for you really helps the hiring manager feel comfortable about your work ethic and experience.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #22239
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
Quote:
feeling frustrated.

/rant

Not saying it's fair, but if you look at it from a hiring manager's perspective they get a pile of "qualified" candidates of which a large % bs their experience and certifications. 2-3 interviews will filter out some people, but you really don't know this person's work style/behavior/attitude from a few short meetings.

Someone vouching for you really helps the hiring manager feel comfortable about your work ethic and experience.
Yup this is pretty much how a lot of industries run. The last like 5 hires at my place of work have all been because someone vouched for them, and they take precedence over the typical emailed in resume/cv. With 9+ years of experience, you must know some people that can put in a good word for you.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #22240
MiX iT Up!

Quote:

Not saying it's fair, but if you look at it from a hiring manager's perspective they get a pile of "qualified" candidates of which a large % bs their experience and certifications. Interviews will filter out some people, but you really don't know this person's work style/behavior/attitude from a few short meetings. The hiring managers and HR put in the same (in some cases more) time as the applicants, it's a frustrating process for everyone.

the last 4 jobs i've applied for have been referrals just the department manager always has a reason not to.

And they aren't low level employee referrals either managers, ceo's, etc.

To make it worse, the feed back I get is always "you were top 2 candidates - just the other guy had X"

but yes - i'll continue to network!

but that's the thing - i'm not a bs guy. I'm straight up with what i don't know. I talked to a guy today and told him straight up i don't have much experience in one area - he still wants to meet me. I'll go, but i wont be surprised if he hires someone that does have that experience - so i just wasted my time and his.

if any of ya'll know anyone that's hiring for mid-senior level accounting field. do share. will buy you six pack

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #22241

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld
Referrals are not the same as someone internal to the company vouching for you. The hiring manager has no way of really verifying that xxxx is the manager of xxx department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhand_held
the last 4 jobs i've applied for have been referrals just the department manager always has a reason not to. .....

I'll go, but i wont be surprised if he hires someone that does have that experience - so i just wasted my time and his.
Going by process of elimination. If you have execs and senior managers as your referral and that's not getting you the job , then it may come down to your interviewing skills. Keep in mind people also hire for personality fit. The tone in your writing above would be major red flags for any hiring manager. People tend to be turned off by negativity
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #22242
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Quote:
the last 4 jobs i've applied for have been referrals just the department manager always has a reason not to.

To make it worse, the feed back I get is always "you were top 2 candidates - just the other guy had X"

but yes - i'll continue to network!

but that's the thing - i'm not a bs guy. I'm straight up with what i don't know. I talked to a guy today and told him straight up i don't have much experience in one area - he still wants to meet me. I'll go, but i wont be surprised if he hires someone that does have that experience - so i just wasted my time and his.

if any of ya'll know anyone that's hiring for mid-senior level accounting field. do share. will buy you six pack
When you say things like you don't have much experience in one area, do you at least let them know you are interested in learning and expanding your skill set? There is nothing wrong with being up front about yourself, just make sure you can turn any negatives against you into something positive.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #22243
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
I expected to visit you at the hospital and after I saw you i realize that this was a serious matter.. I never knew that you had suicidal thoughts in your head.. I just thought it was stress but it was with depression too as well. I didnt know what to say to you so i hesitated. Only thoughts that came up to my mind was only happy moments that i should be bringing up. I understand you are feeling that youre useless but youre not! I know that your friends and I could be harsh on you sometimes but its just for you to take the advice and to be a man. I hope things will get better from here on. I dont want your family and friends to feel upset or mad or whatever types of feelings that could describe what we should be feeling if it comes to a worst. I pray for you bro. I hope you stop feeling sorry for yourself and start feeling hopeful and start believing in yourself!
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #22244
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
I expected to visit you at the hospital and after I saw you i realize that this was a serious matter.. I never knew that you had suicidal thoughts in your head.. I just thought it was stress but it was with depression too as well. I didnt know what to say to you so i hesitated. Only thoughts that came up to my mind was only happy moments that i should be bringing up. I understand you are feeling that youre useless but youre not! I know that your friends and I could be harsh on you sometimes but its just for you to take the advice and to be a man. I hope things will get better from here on. I dont want your family and friends to feel upset or mad or whatever types of feelings that could describe what we should be feeling if it comes to a worst. I pray for you bro. I hope you stop feeling sorry for yourself and start feeling hopeful and start believing in yourself!
As someone who has fought all of my adult life against depression and suicidal thoughts, I really hope you never say these things out loud to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #22245
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Referrals are not the same as someone internal to the company vouching for you. The hiring manager has no way of really verifying that xxxx is the manager of xxx department.

Going by process of elimination. If you have execs and senior managers as your referral and that's not getting you the job , then it may come down to your interviewing skills. Keep in mind people also hire for personality fit. The tone in your writing above would be major red flags for any hiring manager. People tend to be turned off by negativity
tone is just me being frustrated and having wasted a lot of time.
fit is super important to me too.
proly doesn't help i'm very pick with the positions i apply for and company's i'm applying at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
When you say things like you don't have much experience in one area, do you at least let them know you are interested in learning and expanding your skill set? There is nothing wrong with being up front about yourself, just make sure you can turn any negatives against you into something positive.
of course i let them know i'm interested in developing those areas.

Quote:
Honestly, you were a strong candidate for the job. In fact, you were a finalist for the role and in the end our decision came down to you and another candidate.

In regards to feedback, there isn't much I'd suggest for you change. The consensus among everyone who interviewed you was that you came across well prepared and very articulate. Your ability to link your responses to past work experience ranked ahead of most other candidates. Our decision ultimately came down to experience and culture fit. The candidate that we offered the job to had more experience in a hyper-growth environment.

In the end, I agree with A's response to you. We will definitely keep your resume on file for future positions that open up. You were a very strong candidate for this role. I truly mean that.
Quote:
The feedback that I received was that we need someone with more senior internal experience.
To date we've had 140 applicants, so we're pursuing other candidates with profiles that are more closely aligned to EP's needs.
Quote:
While it was a pleasure to meet you and to learn more about your skills and accomplishments, unfortunately you have not been selected for further consideration in respect of the Senior role.

Having discussed your application with my Director however, I would like to recommend you consider applying for the posting of Manager role. Your strength in relationships and reporting background would, I think, potentially align very well with the requirements of the role
that's from the last 3 interviews.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #22246
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

ugh what the fuck. i hate it when you make a big deal out of nothing. seriously. it always has to be about you.
pretty much ruined my birthday i can't even think straight
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #22247

Quote:
tone is just me being frustrated and having wasted a lot of time.
fit is super important to me too.
proly doesn't help i'm very pick with the positions i apply for and company's i'm applying at.

of course i let them know i'm interested in developing those areas.

that's from the last 3 interviews.
Just be patient and persistent, you'll get there.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #22248
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

To find a new job that offers more pay (which is quite rare to find given that I am above avg salary, unless it's a big company like lululemon..
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #22249
God of Unce

Sounds like you need some fuck you money. Which I also would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
To find a new job that offers more pay (which is quite rare to find given that I am above avg salary, unless it's a big company like lululemon..
Old 12-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #22250
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
ugh what the fuck. i hate it when you make a big deal out of nothing. seriously. it always has to be about you.
pretty much ruined my birthday i can't even think straight

Keep Clam, and RevScene on!
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote