REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #22351
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Received a card from the vet today, with a packet of seeds to plant in the spring. I thought I was done crying, but I guess I still had some left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #22352
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

buying car mods is like a drug..........................
FOREVER is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 12:30 AM   #22353
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
my best friend finally cut ties to an asshole....i don't know why she tried making it work if he's a fucking weirdo with no social skills..

my first introduction of him was off..."OH hey what are you guys up too?".

He doesn't say a peep and runs off. and shes has to speak to say whats happening.

I instantly thought to myself "what else is wrong with this guy if he can't speak???"
Old 01-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #22354
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
things I have missed so much in my one month of absence:

1) Pho - Can not compare the pho between the two places
2) Ramen is more unique in Van, here is chinese chains
3) Air + scenary / wildlife , hongkong isnt that bad in terms of weather at the moment, 20 degrees average and easy too breathe.... but in Van, you breathe wet damp air that soothes your soul.
4) Driving, people walk too damn much in HongKong. Given the options they have, you have to walk to go to once place to another. I have walked more in one month stay in Asia than my whole year in Canada haha!
Not saying that those aren't all great things, but what is the vibe you get when a woman feels she has to write an article entitled "Do Vancouver Men suck?". Vancouver MEN, you included.

Talk about pseudo-intellectual picking apart men with her god given right to do so. The article writer is probably one of those 1/10 whales you speak of where no man would want to touch her with a 10ft pole to begin with.

Like I said, stay for the scenery, leave the wild life alone.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #22355
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
I've been at the same job for 10 years, and I love it, but it looks like it's time to move on to greater things, soon. I'm going to really miss this place.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #22356
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I've been at the same job for 10 years, and I love it, but it looks like it's time to move on to greater things, soon. I'm going to really miss this place.
Same job you met your mother in law at?
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #22357
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
^^^

Haha yup. She got laid off 5 years ago, though :P.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #22358
うに

Dats rite. I remember all ya'll Love stories!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #22359
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Same job you met your mother in law at?
damn....

*slow clap*

what else you remember...

maybe we need a PK-EK re-calls thread

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #22360
うに

I'm trying to forget the whole EvoLove thing..... FML
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #22361

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Well did the deed, now a single man once again after a little over 3 years.

Was a sigh of relief really, even more so considering that she also thought the same way I did and believed we were just too different to have any kind of future together. She pretty much pulled the words right out of my mouth before I was given a chance to say anything.

There were a few tears from her, but aside from that it was relatively tame. We had dinner afterwards, called it a day. Ended in I think the best way possible.

We'll still be friends, which is ideal.

Y'all folks gotta teach me to use this Tinder shit
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #22362
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Just get Evo to teach you, he's a master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #22363

Well first 5 minutes of using Tinder and I can say I'm quite thoroughly disappointed by what I see...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #22364
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

THERE'S A "CAR PARTS" SNITCH AT CBSA

shame on me for trying to avoid "duties/tax" though LOLOL
FOREVER is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 05:16 AM   #22365
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post

Was a sigh of relief really, even more so considering that she also thought the same way I did and believed we were just too different to have any kind of future together. She pretty much pulled the words right out of my mouth before I was given a chance to say anything.

There were a few tears from her, but aside from that it was relatively tame. We had dinner afterwards, called it a day. Ended in I think the best way possible.

Wish I was in a 3 year relationship... what you mean by different and why 3 years to figure it out??

Tinder is stupid, get matched 100+ people and some don't even respond most do but they do it for the ego boost or the "i dont hook up" in their story bio....

Quote:
Well first 5 minutes of using Tinder and I can say I'm quite thoroughly disappointed by what I see...
because tinder has this option of letting people post their accounts first if they pay for a premium. Most of the whales pay that price...... trust me, that is what I thought too. All my first looks were 1/10 large 200lbs whales until my 2nd time

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 06:54 AM   #22366
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Just get Evo to teach you, he's a master
Actually i wont be, i only lasted 5 hours on tinder then gave up
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #22367
うに

Quote:

I still remember one of your first post on this thread.
You wanted to ask her out and take her somewhere. something about going for a drive, maybe going on a trip to whistler or something. (forgive me, it was a long time ago! my memory is fuzzy)
Then we started talking about how your Honda Element has a "Dirty" mode where you can lay all the seats flats

I'm glad you both agreed and ended it on good terms.
I like the dinner idea at the end.
I hope you had amazing breakup sex.

Don't worry. I'll be here for you thru your Tinder Stories
I can imagine it now

"Akinari's Tinder Horror stories Part 1"

Don't forget about bumble, OKCupid and East Meet East!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #22368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
Wish I was in a 3 year relationship... what you mean by different and why 3 years to figure it out??
Different life goals, different hobbies/passions (or rather, she has no hobbies or passions really...), no longer wants to support or respect my hobbies/passions, drastically different familial values, drastically different general mannerisms, slight communication/language barriers, the list goes on and on. We tried to compromise and push our differences aside but it got to a point where it was impossible not to face our differences and realize this would never work out. We mutually agreed the best time and method to end was now and in this manner, while we're still on good terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post

I still remember one of your first post on this thread.
You wanted to ask her out and take her somewhere. something about going for a drive, maybe going on a trip to whistler or something. (forgive me, it was a long time ago! my memory is fuzzy)
Then we started talking about how your Honda Element has a "Dirty" mode where you can lay all the seats flats

I'm glad you both agreed and ended it on good terms.
I like the dinner idea at the end.
I hope you had amazing breakup sex.

Don't worry. I'll be here for you thru your Tinder Stories
I can imagine it now

"Akinari's Tinder Horror stories Part 1"

Don't forget about bumble, OKCupid and East Meet East!
No breakup sex at all that was sort of a bummer. Oh well...

This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #22369
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Dont worry, post breakup sex is a few months away
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 01:50 AM   #22370

Social media photos deleted. Man going through three years worth of memories was quite the feels trip...

Well back to boring old life I guess

Old 01-09-2017, 02:55 AM   #22371
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Social media photos deleted. Man going through three years worth of memories was quite the feels trip...

Lol more money and time towards your hobbies now
Time to do some real mods on the element- rebuild the motor, manual swap and add a turbo
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 08:05 AM   #22372
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

Is ok. Try to experience 2 break up in a year. That's painful.

Have a long distance relationship lasted for 3 years and ended it around April 2016. Things just aren't working out and I guess when we can only see each other like 1 to 2 months a year doesn't really help. Although we wechat everyday is just not the same. There are times when she needed my support and I wasn't there and other times I just want to talk to her, a hug and can't. Also neither of us really want to change our lives (she doesn't really want to come to Canada since she got a decent job already, doesn't want to leave her family etc etc). There is also no way I am going to back China. We both agree a break up is best. We still care for each other so it always felt werid when we chat. Anyways she is happy now since she got a new bf. I am happy for her. We still chat just not as much. Hopefully she have found the one and will get marry.

Around July/Aug 2016 I meet up with a friend for dinner. She brought some of her friends with her and we all exchange our phone no. After a while I asked one of the girl out. It was alright. I feel ok. To her I guess she wasn't really into me or something (not sure why she agree to date if she isn't even interested). Drag on till last week when she finally broke up. I have to say it was the worse break up/relationship I have. During this whole time I always felt something about her like when we are out she would be super happy, exicted and just seem have fun. However, almost everytime afterwards should would message just keeps asking weird questions and always want to know why I said certain things.

IE. My sister baby is around 5 months old so being very cute I would sometimes send her pics or video of me playing with the baby. It wasn't mean anything I just want to see how cute the baby is. She would go into her rage mode basically yelling am I am going out with her just to have a baby or I am giving her pressure to have a baby and she is not ready to have a baby yet etc etc.... is like just chill out is doesn't mean anything. But to her she just think of all the possibilities of why I send her the pics/video.

Or she would keep saying she want eat in places with vegetables. Then she would suggest place like BBtea place for dinner. Which doesn't have much veggies. So I am not sure why she complains.

She would never pay for dinner or anything when we are together. Claims she is going to school. I totally get that part since going to school and living on her own isn't easy especially she is an international student (her fmaily isn't that well off). I don't mind it but sometimes she would ask for something that's..... I am not sure if she joking or being serious. Once she ask me to pay for her tution. I told her that's something she should be paying and just leave it at that.

In the end she message and said there are too many difference we think to differently, and she only dated me coz I keep pressuring her to and also her parents wanted her to found someone. But the whole time she wasn't happy and felt pressured by me forcing her to do stuff she hated. I didn't really force her to do anything. Mostly I plan things and ask if she enjoy it or is she happy just in case she isn't so I know what she doesn't like to do . Simply to her I should know what she likes without asking. WTF lol. I am not a mind reader.

It wasn't that bad but I mean if I known she would break up after Xmas I wouldn't have got her a new jacket. Overall I wasn't too unhappy. She is right though our personality is too different. She thinks too much overall and just can't seem to have fun.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #22373
God of Unce

Damn girl, yous a cutie. Too bad you're all the way from Winnipeg.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #22374
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
been with the main chick too much, basically ignoring my side chick from tinder and fading her out, free sex gone but after 5 times with the main girl in 24 hrs, its too draining and my drive to msg any girl on tinder or whatsapp disappeared....i needa distance myself out because all my hobbies and free time is just too focused on one girl

dinner with another different girl tmr night tho, see what happens.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.

Last edited by Verdasco; 01-09-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #22375

Totally forgot about Dine Out Vancouver. Perfect timing too. What could possibly be easier than asking a girl if they want to come to a restaurant for Dine Out with you? Much higher chances of them saying yes during Dine Out really need to step out of my comfort zone and just meet more girls this year, whether it's through school or work or friends or whatever. I feel like I'm always around the same group of people more or less, most girls in the group are in the friendzone haha.

Kind of feeling like I should experience some casual relationships. Not so much fwb or fucking around kind of thing, just not a "you're the one and we're gonna get married and have kids" kind of thing. Having been with my ex for just over 3 years (a big portion of my undergrad), I've missed out on lots of opportunities for something more casual. Is this something y'all think is worth looking into? What are your experiences? I don't even know where to start.

This post thanked by: