REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   how do you guys tell when a brand of style is overplayed (https://www.revscene.net/forums/542687-how-do-you-guys-tell-when-brand-style-overplayed.html)

ctsport 10-13-2009 01:21 AM

When Viet guys start wearing them. :D

jl.69 10-13-2009 06:33 PM

When everybody has it including 12-14 year olds.

wasabisashimi 10-16-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ jay ] (Post 5991990)
I think it's actually the opposite, it's when you see OLD people wear it.

like iphone (if you consider it a fashion statement),, my grandma has one, my aunt has one, my aunt's daughter has one , heck even my neighbor's son has one. And their dog probably has one too.

spccard 04-28-2011 04:37 PM

its overplayed when like you see one person heres wearing two religion then the next person is also wear true religion and if u see the next person wearing true religion then u no its over played brands that are like that are gstar for girls coach bags and somewhat dussault be4 in my opinion dussault will faed away in a couple of years and no1 will wear it kinda like kappa

j2oxstar 04-28-2011 07:40 PM

define your own style and don't worry too much on brands, having style is making an outfit from sears look good

start getting inspiration from magazines like inventory

shop at roden gray.

JSALES 05-03-2011 09:08 PM

i like my style, it's a bit original and honestly, i sometimes have people coming up to me asking me where i get my shit or complimenting me

mruppal 05-03-2011 09:49 PM

when you see the same brand within 4 minutes of seeing it from someone else.

AutozamAZ-3 05-16-2011 07:34 AM

when stuff hits revscene buy and sell haha

PJ 05-16-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndude69 (Post 6594882)
Here's some stuff that will NEVER be played out:

Hugo Boss - - - the hugo boss stuff you find at Harry Rosen or the Hugo Boss store, and not boys sco, although there many be some similar items.
Versace, Gucci, Chanel, etc etc - - the nice elegant stuff. not the stuff that the kids wear.

Georgio Armani - -- not armani exchange

GAP, old, navy, BR - -this shiet will be around for ages
Levi's
Nike, Addidas, umbro, reebok - sports stuff cause we all need it.
A&E, Abercrombie - when it's in every US mall, it's gonna be around forever.

i think it comes down to the individual. some people can pull it off. . . many cant!
example: white surfer dude can wear Hollister, quicksilver, and look totally normal. But same dude tries to wear ed hardy and he might look weird.

another ex: Rich looking dude in lambo wears hugo boss suit, can pull it off.
cant pull it off: poor asian with toyota corolla rice rocket with Dolce & Gabanna white-t's trying to look hardcore - -- -

I tried to find something wrong with this analysis.. but I couldn't. (other than grammar/spelling :troll:)

IMO, this guy got it dead on. (Even though the examples are SUPER stereotype to the extreme, but his points are still valid...)

Gerbs 05-17-2011 10:53 PM

The boss tracksuit is played out =d

raymix 05-25-2011 10:24 PM

A brand is a brand, its what types of clothing is in fashion .