REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Heroes Season 3 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/546929-heroes-season-3-a.html)

RFlush 10-08-2008 10:14 AM

One problem I have is that Peter is such a bitch. He has been in contact with everyone on the show so he can do anything he wants, yet he's too stupid to do it. When he was at Sylar's house and Clair was pointing the gun at him, he could of froze time and got everyone out of the house. Or he could of used Matt's power to mind control each one of them to get out or some shit. Peter is like the most powerful of everyone, yet he's too much of a bitch to do anything.

stuff99 10-08-2008 10:40 AM

and he keeps getting played around

ie Adam in the 2nd season.

He tries to help all the time but he makes things worse.

Moratorium 10-08-2008 10:47 AM

True lol theres a number of things that dont really add up in the show but i just let it slide and enjoy it. Like fuckin mohinder and his transformation disease w/e it is, unless i missed something can't he just take it away with the research he did with the shanti virus from season 2? I mean a full proof way of taking powers away was pretty much discovered in season 2 (a strand of the shanti virus + claire's blood) that would have completely cured nikki but well she died before she could be fully cured. So yeah totally confused as to why he doesn't just do that.

+Kardboard+ 10-08-2008 11:35 PM

The reason is that the writers themselves don't know wtf they're doing anymore. I hate plot holes and stuff that could be solved by what's already been established. And don't get me started about the time-travel stuff. Ugh.

Still, all that aside it's still a good drama. Adam's comeback was hilarious :lol, and even though many people hate Hiro and Ando, I find that they're still the most enjoyable part of the show for me.

Maybe it's just that I'm used to watching Japanese shows with English subtitles. :haha:

caronimo 10-09-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6064397)
One problem I have is that Peter is such a bitch. He has been in contact with everyone on the show so he can do anything he wants, yet he's too stupid to do it. When he was at Sylar's house and Clair was pointing the gun at him, he could of froze time and got everyone out of the house. Or he could of used Matt's power to mind control each one of them to get out or some shit. Peter is like the most powerful of everyone, yet he's too much of a bitch to do anything.

thats what i was thinking. peter coulda froze time and just walked right out of the room. he doesn't need to take $#^& from anybody.

+Kardboard+ 10-09-2008 08:10 AM

He's all like, I'm UBER so with great power comes great responsibility and I gotta be a HERO and not abuse my powers (?).

What a loser. He was better with the emo hair, as the situation back then warranted the behaviour he exhibits now. -_- What a loser.

stuff99 10-09-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6065552)
The reason is that the writers themselves don't know wtf they're doing anymore. I hate plot holes and stuff that could be solved by what's already been established. And don't get me started about the time-travel stuff. Ugh.

Still, all that aside it's still a good drama. Adam's comeback was hilarious :lol, and even though many people hate Hiro and Ando, I find that they're still the most enjoyable part of the show for me.

Maybe it's just that I'm used to watching Japanese shows with English subtitles. :haha:

I think Hiro is the best character on the show!

jlo mein 10-09-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caronimo (Post 6065818)
thats what i was thinking. peter coulda froze time and just walked right out of the room. he doesn't need to take $#^& from anybody.

Didn't Claire have Daphne with her? So even if Peter froze time Daphne could still be a threat to the Noah boy?

+Kardboard+ 10-09-2008 04:00 PM

Correct, but not much of a threat as she's slowed-down.

caronimo 10-09-2008 04:14 PM

peter has additional powers as well so he should be able to take daphne, but knowing peter, he would still screw things up :p

by the way, how does future parkman end up with daphne, i think she could do way better :D

RFlush 10-09-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein (Post 6066355)
Didn't Claire have Daphne with her? So even if Peter froze time Daphne could still be a threat to the Noah boy?

Ok then dont freeze time, just mind control everyone to get the hell out.

+Kardboard+ 10-09-2008 05:35 PM

I thought Parkman's/Parkman's dad's power was just mind-reading and trapping their mind in another conciousness, not mind control? Was there someone else who could mind control?

ChaKo 10-09-2008 06:04 PM

forget slowing down time, bothpeter and gabriel have telekinesis. they could lock everyone in place then send them face first into a wall..then peter can go back in time and they could do it again.

zeroFX 10-10-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moratorium (Post 6064424)
True lol theres a number of things that dont really add up in the show but i just let it slide and enjoy it. Like fuckin mohinder and his transformation disease w/e it is, unless i missed something can't he just take it away with the research he did with the shanti virus from season 2? I mean a full proof way of taking powers away was pretty much discovered in season 2 (a strand of the shanti virus + claire's blood) that would have completely cured nikki but well she died before she could be fully cured. So yeah totally confused as to why he doesn't just do that.

I thought Mohinder was immune to the shanti virus. Something to do with him surviving while his sister died.

wouwou 10-10-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caronimo (Post 6066439)
peter has additional powers as well so he should be able to take daphne, but knowing peter, he would still screw things up :p

by the way, how does future parkman end up with daphne, i think she could do way better :D

imagine having tons of BJ within 1 second

DAMMMMUUUUNNN

+Kardboard+ 10-10-2008 08:39 AM

That's right. Mohinder was born after Shanti and hence was born immune to that virus.

Trinity 10-10-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6066567)
I thought Parkman's/Parkman's dad's power was just mind-reading and trapping their mind in another conciousness, not mind control? Was there someone else who could mind control?

No, Parkman also has some form of mind control because he was able to get people to let him do things. He basically plants the idea in someone's mind or something. He's done it before.

Also, what I DO NOT understand is what the point of having those Level 2 and Level 5 etc. cells are even there if Peter can teleport into them and use his powers against Sylar? I mean, we've seen them use their powers in the cells, what's actually KEEPING them in there? What's preventing someone like DL from just walking through the walls??

RFlush 10-10-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6067456)
No, Parkman also has some form of mind control because he was able to get people to let him do things. He basically plants the idea in someone's mind or something. He's done it before.

Also, what I DO NOT understand is what the point of having those Level 2 and Level 5 etc. cells are even there if Peter can teleport into them and use his powers against Sylar? I mean, we've seen them use their powers in the cells, what's actually KEEPING them in there? What's preventing someone like DL from just walking through the walls??

I think they have those cells there for people who are bad but CAN"T get out. Like none of the level 5 people had any teleportation or walk through walls ability and neither did sylar. Only Hiro does who was placed in a cell, but they have the Haitian dude standing gaurd.

Trinity 10-10-2008 04:09 PM

The Haitian wasn't always on guard though, and he was only on level 2... And what about Adam?? He can teleport too!

RFlush 10-10-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6067889)
The Haitian wasn't always on guard though, and he was only on level 2... And what about Adam?? He can teleport too!

Have you been watching the show? Adam can't teleport.

Only Peter and Hiro can teleport. Neither of them were in any of the jail cells until recently where Hiro was placed there but they had the Haitian standing guard to block his powers. D L can phase through walls, but he was not in any of the cells or knew about it.

All the level 5 guys have powers, but not powers that can get them to escape.

Ok?

Sentinel 10-10-2008 09:49 PM

I think the level 5 cells are made differently compared to the level 2 ones. You are able to destroy/use your powers effectively in level 2. In level 5, the walls/doors/windows are more secured.

In season 1, Sylar was locked up in level 2 cell but was able to break the glass window with telekinesis(when Eden came to talk to him).

A few episodes ago in a level 5 cell, Flint, the blue flames guy was shooting flames at the window and it wasnt able to break it or anything.

gundamboy 10-11-2008 09:03 AM

the heishin should go around killing people.. he can block powers right? Just give him a machine gun and let him loose.

Trinity 10-11-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6067903)
Have you been watching the show? Adam can't teleport.

Only Peter and Hiro can teleport. Neither of them were in any of the jail cells until recently where Hiro was placed there but they had the Haitian standing guard to block his powers. D L can phase through walls, but he was not in any of the cells or knew about it.

All the level 5 guys have powers, but not powers that can get them to escape.

Ok?

D'oh. Right. I forgot :blushsmile:

68style 10-12-2008 07:50 AM

I'm still watching Heroes... but it has made 2 utterly colossal writing errors that will ultimately destroy the show by putting it in position to be constantly assailed for decisions the characters make and causing the show to become a bit of a "joke" so-to-speak:

1) Giving 1 or more characters ultimate power, people are already asking a lot of questions why Peter couldn't defeat this situation etc...

2) Using time travel and "the butterfly effect" as a plot device

Both these factors lead a story into endless implausible plots and unexplicable character decisions and too many factors to consider when making scripts to ever be accurate or have someone point out you did something retarded. CLASSIC mistakes, no idea why Heroes has done this :(

!SG 10-12-2008 09:11 AM

i just want to see what other super powers they can come up with.