REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Heroes Season 3 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/546929-heroes-season-3-a.html)

winson604 11-17-2008 07:01 AM

Is anybody else dissapointed with Season 3 so far? I mean I still like the show and enjoy watching it weekly but I had higher expectations for this season. Alot of the problem that existed in the past are still here. Ah wells

+Kardboard+ 11-17-2008 11:00 AM

EVERYONE is disappointed so far, although I did quite like the last episode (Nov. 10).

Narayan 11-17-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 6125755)
Is anybody else dissapointed with Season 3 so far? I mean I still like the show and enjoy watching it weekly but I had higher expectations for this season. Alot of the problem that existed in the past are still here. Ah wells

HMMmmm I thought season 3 so far has been excellent... way better then number 2...

RFlush 11-18-2008 01:05 AM

Wow the sides are getting more clear now. It's coming........

winson604 11-18-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narayan (Post 6126818)
HMMmmm I thought season 3 so far has been excellent... way better then number 2...

There have definitely been some good things to come out of Season 3 thus far. But I just expected the execution to be better in 3. We all know of all the major problems in Season 2 and the creator listened to the public and made changes and season 2 got better towards the end. I was led to believe that he would continue to listen into Season 3 but it looks like that wasn't quite the case. Either way I still do like watching the show but my patience is starting to wear thin.

Death2Theft 11-18-2008 03:42 PM

What I dont get is why arthur stole peters powers but chose to let sylar help him.

Moratorium 11-18-2008 03:52 PM

^ Arthur gave peter the chance to help him but he refused. Sylar gave in to Arthur's persuasion. Also i'm guessing arthur just plain wanted peter's powers for himself more than him to be on his side. Theres no strings attached with peter's abilities + he got a variety fun pack of powers with peters, but if he took sylars he would have had to deal with the "hunger".

What i dont get is why Arthur only uses telepathy in the flashback. Where was his ability to steal powers back then? Hmm...

ChaKo 11-18-2008 09:57 PM

why would arthur want to take sylar's powers when taking what peter had was essentially taking everything sylar had? and arthur seems to completely understand the hunger, i don't think it would've been a burden to him.

+Kardboard+ 11-18-2008 10:32 PM

Great episode! Loved it. :)

EllexSylar FTW lolll Sylar was awesome here. :D

But wtf they're on the baddies' side?

way2quik 11-25-2008 11:34 AM

The eclipse took away their powers. IT'S OVER.
Perhaps their powers only work with the power of the sun :O

BTW, Sylar FTL..

Berzerker 11-25-2008 11:44 AM

I fucking fell asleep half way through lol. Anywhere to catch the rest of what I missed?

Berz out.

Trinity 11-25-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaKo (Post 6129535)
why would arthur want to take sylar's powers when taking what peter had was essentially taking everything sylar had? and arthur seems to completely understand the hunger, i don't think it would've been a burden to him.

I don't think Arthur's powers are the same as Sylar's... I mean, Arthur kind of drains their essence, their power, leaving them powerless, whereas Sylar doesn't take away their power.

...But this eclipse explains how Future Peter got his scar.

-SPiKE- 11-25-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6140825)
I fucking fell asleep half way through lol. Anywhere to catch the rest of what I missed?

Berz out.

u can DL the full episode.. just search for the torrent on google. good quality and no commercials!

winson604 11-25-2008 01:36 PM

Although the ideas behind season 3 are interesting the execution has been horrible. Shits all over the place. Wdf is up with the Slyar and Elle.

“Oh Sylar, remember when I screamed ‘Murderer’ at you and wanted revenge because you killed my dad, and then I begged you to kill me, and then you absorbed my powers, and then I taught you how to use them and then we had sexual tension?” “Like it was yesterday, Elle.”

caronimo 11-25-2008 02:45 PM

i thought peter and nathan were gonna duke it out right there.

rice cooker 11-25-2008 10:12 PM

season 3 kinda sucks. too much shit goin on

+Kardboard+ 11-26-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 6141011)
“Oh Sylar, remember when I screamed ‘Murderer’ at you and wanted revenge because you killed my dad, and then I begged you to kill me, and then you absorbed my powers, and then I taught you how to use them and then we had sexual tension?” “Like it was yesterday, Elle.”

:haha::haha::haha:

Nathan's a bigger idiot than we thought.
Peter's gone back to being a nurse.
Claire's .... Claire.
SylarxElle is hilarious. :lol

The7even 11-27-2008 04:39 AM

Who else thinks this show lost its magic?

I just can't really enjoy it that much.

SkinnyPupp 11-27-2008 04:49 AM

Yeah it pretty much sucks. But I watch it anyway...

ZenZa 11-28-2008 01:12 AM

I watch it for Hiro, haha

I lol'd at his 'I have to pee' face

winson604 11-28-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The7even (Post 6144106)
Who else thinks this show lost its magic?

I just can't really enjoy it that much.

Agreed. I mean I watch it anyways but I don't get hyped about it anymore wanting to watch it as soon as it finishes downloading. I usually hold off for a couple days until I have nothing to do.

The idea of the show is still good, some of the things they do are great but the story telling is just fucked. There are so many things going on you can't focus on anything and you can really care less too. They need to chill out and stop throwing shit left and right at you and just focus on 1 thing.

ChaKo 11-28-2008 09:34 AM

isnt that how the show has always been? a bunch of people doing their own thing, fighting their own battles, only to find out they are all working towards the same end? if anything, i think their connections are more clear now than in season one, or so they'll have us think.

AzNightmare 12-02-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaKo (Post 6146036)
isnt that how the show has always been? a bunch of people doing their own thing, fighting their own battles, only to find out they are all working towards the same end? if anything, i think their connections are more clear now than in season one, or so they'll have us think.

This was the big "selling point" of what I liked Heroes in the first place. But things just got way too sloppy. There's always some kind of cliff hanger at the end of each episode which is good. Keeps us watching, despite knowing the show will never have it's "magic" again like in the first season.

Spoiler!
Did anyone shed a tear when the "African isacc mendez" died? Anyone even remember who he was? Him and his BS spirit walk. Waste of air time. For all I care, Parkman and Hiro could of got drunk at a bar, passed out, and had a dream about it all instead of needing to go to Africa to get the visions.

Hiro's character is annoying because it's used as comic relief. He plays a big part for the show, but turning him into a 10 year old just doesn't help at all. I can't take his character serious even if he's doing big things.

The relationship with Claire and Slyer is getting really messed up.
Spoiler!

Good thing is, Peter actually seems like a smarter character now that he has lost his powers. Maybe our expectations has dropped dramatically because we know he can't do anything anymore. As before, he could do SO MUCH yet he does nothing. At least now, he has a very valid excuse. And Nathan's becoming weird.

Overall, the show has way too many characters. It's not really necessary, and instead of hiring so many actors/actresses, they could invest that money in bigger battles with a good use of special effects. (Their special effects aren't bad, but every battle lasts 3-5 seconds long.)

For example, the Vortex guy was cool, they could of kept him around actually. But they killed him off within the same episode he was introduced. and what was the point of that? What was the point of having the Marrionette guy?

I'm really starting to get so annoyed at Claire and her persistency to want to fight. She's one of the dumbest characters in this show. She has no offensive powers, her 5'1" 100 lbs physique is not exactly gonna help, I really wish she would die, but she's the most important character in the entire show.

I've been watching this show since the beginning, so it would feel empty if I just deserted it now, without at least watching it until the very end just to see how it turns out. But I'll have to say I am disappointed right now. The sloppy plot holes, (I don't even mind the time travelling plot holes, I'm just talking about the plot holes where characters aren't using their abilities to their full potential), too much extra things added without a real point (excessively huge cast of characters), the story is dragging in certain areas, so it makes it hard to follow from beginning to end, yet the show isn't good enough be watched again a second time... yeah, I'm quite disappointed.

jlo mein 12-02-2008 08:41 PM

Did anyone understand the significance of last episode's ending and the line that Claire says? She acted really surprised but I thought she already knew that?

Spoiler!

Armind 12-02-2008 09:11 PM

All that hype from the eclipse was boring as hell. OH WOW WE LOST OUR POWERS OH NOEZZZZZZZZ.. next episode.. YAY WE GOT OUR POWERS BACK wtf is next. This show is getting lamer and lamer each show.