REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #101
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Awesome bud congrats! I do chest Sunday... we'll see what happens then?

As for legs... I work em when I can but not as much as I should. With limited gym time I only work the essentials....

Berz out.
nice nice , u bench or do dumbbells more ?
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #102
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
I work em when I can but not as much as I should. With limited gym time I only work the essentials....
Do you have any idea of how backwards that notion is? I guess not, considering you think steroids is equal to taking creatine...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #103
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Lol do you have any idea how much of a goof you sound like? IF you actually read and comprehended anything rather than just reading the last post and forgetting everything else in the thread like usual you would KNOW that I only go to the gym 2 maybe 3 times a week. I DON'T have a good diet nor can I really maintain one with any kind of ease. I am an extremly hard gainer even in the best conditions.

I'm not some rookie in the gym I know as much or more than you do but UNLIKE you I don't just learn from the interweb I actually practice what I know. In order for muscles to grow you need 3 things. Work, Food, and Rest. If I only have 2 days a week and the most important aspect of my body at the current time is my upper body, I need to squeeze a good enough workout for my entire upper body in 2 days. I don't know how you train but I lift fucking hard. Working legs sure would be ideal but by the time I'm done working my upper body I'm physically exhausted. I do 300 unweighted squats 3 times a week just standing watching TV in my hotel room.

As for your other reference. I think if your going to take supplements and your NOT competing in sport, Steriods are just another supplement.

Funny thing I don't see you posting anything regarding your build or your gym lifts. Your quick to throw advise around but unless your practicing what you preach and show us that what you preach is working... your just another internet wannabe. I'm going to the gym now where I'm going to actually lift some weights. Look forward to your reply.

Oh and Halo I used to do only dumbells on the bench (no spotter and worked out alone) but in the last 2 months I have been focusing on Barbell. My bench has gone up quite alot in the last bit and I'm noticing my chest seems to be filling out a little more. I'll try and post a pic later today with updated stats. I've been eating like a horse the last 2 weeks so we will see what the scale says today I would love to see it at 218-219 but who knows haha for all I know it could say 212 and I wouldn't be suprised. Ectomorph FTL.

Berz out.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #104
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Lol do you have any idea how much of a goof you sound like? IF you actually read and comprehended anything rather than just reading the last post and forgetting everything else in the thread like usual you would KNOW that I only go to the gym 2 maybe 3 times a week. I DON'T have a good diet nor can I really maintain one with any kind of ease. I am an extremly hard gainer even in the best conditions.

I'm not some rookie in the gym I know as much or more than you do but UNLIKE you I don't just learn from the interweb I actually practice what I know. In order for muscles to grow you need 3 things. Work, Food, and Rest. If I only have 2 days a week and the most important aspect of my body at the current time is my upper body, I need to squeeze a good enough workout for my entire upper body in 2 days. I don't know how you train but I lift fucking hard. Working legs sure would be ideal but by the time I'm done working my upper body I'm physically exhausted. I do 300 unweighted squats 3 times a week just standing watching TV in my hotel room.

As for your other reference. I think if your going to take supplements and your NOT competing in sport, Steriods are just another supplement.

Funny thing I don't see you posting anything regarding your build or your gym lifts. Your quick to throw advise around but unless your practicing what you preach and show us that what you preach is working... your just another internet wannabe. I'm going to the gym now where I'm going to actually lift some weights. Look forward to your reply.

Oh and Halo I used to do only dumbells on the bench (no spotter and worked out alone) but in the last 2 months I have been focusing on Barbell. My bench has gone up quite alot in the last bit and I'm noticing my chest seems to be filling out a little more. I'll try and post a pic later today with updated stats. I've been eating like a horse the last 2 weeks so we will see what the scale says today I would love to see it at 218-219 but who knows haha for all I know it could say 212 and I wouldn't be suprised. Ectomorph FTL.

Berz out.
good stuff dude, how tall are you? i am 6'6 and 225-230. Would be nice to get to 250 but i am happy from starting at 180 lol. What gym do you go 2?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #105

The reason you don't see me "posting anything regarding my build or gym lifts" is because I know that numbers don't mean fuck all. I could tell everyone what I squat, dip, chin, etc, but none of that fucking matters. All I know if, I work to achieve my goals, and I think I do a pretty damn good job of it.

But you, keep sticking to your 300 weightless squats, and leg days once a week. Keep thinking that steroids are equal to creatine. Do whatever you like. But when you say stupid shit like that, you're gonna get called out on it.

Or you could follow Halogod, who started out as a skinny little prick himself, and listen to what people say, go do the work, and try not to have to rely on fucking steroids.

I may not have Frank Zane's body, but I have transformed it significantly over the years. I think my opinion counts a lot more than some geek juicing up doing 300 squats in his living room, not eating right, and getting HYOOGE because of it.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #106
Ricer Mod

There is a difference between what I can do and what I can't do like I said before. But again you prove that either you can't read, have no memory past the previous post or are just to ignorant to see another persons point of view.

1. I can not eat like I need to eat for optimum growth.
2. I can not work out like I need to work out for optimum growth.

What part of that don't you understand?

As for what you squat, dip, chin, etc. it DOES fucking matter because it builds credibility. Otherwise your just some chump on his computer. I laugh when I read it took you YEARS to transform your body. Transform from what to what exactly? Fat, out of shape computer nerd to slightly in shape computer nerd? The only person that thinks what I said is stupid.... is you. Go figure. There is nothing to be called out on sorry to bust your bubble. Steroids are a supplement same as any other the only difference is they work a lot better and are illegal because of that. You think I have to "rely" on steroids when I've put on close to 35lbs in 6 months of solid muscle? They are simply a tool to get to my goals faster. Your opinion on that matter really only matters to you. You will notice there is a fence regarding steriods. No one sits on it. Your either pro or con and I don't knock either one but I will never judge someone based on their choice. Something you seem to fundamentally lack and that is respect of other people and their choices. For all you know Halo could be looking at what I do and gaining inspiration from it hell since posting in this thread he has gone up to 300lbs bench and I would like to think my motivation helped him do that.

Your the only prick in this thread... and come to think of it.. a lot of other threads too. Perhaps you should sit back and take a look at your posting and see why so many people on here think your a self centered stuck up shit for brains... Pssst I'll give you a hint... its not Revscene its you.

Halo... I'm 6'3 and as of today 218lbs I live in North Van so I hit the rec centers when I'm home as they have 6 or 7 different gyms spread out around north van that are included with 1 membership. When I'm on the road I hit what ever gym is close and does't charge 15$ for drop in lol. Did 80lb db shoulder presses today for 6 reps and was curling 2 plates on the W bar I'll take a pic after chest tomorrow when I'm all jacked and post it up haha.

Berz out.

Last edited by Berzerker; 07-25-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #107

Quote:
if your willing to take Creatin and a host of other supplements steriods are not much differnt.

Berz out.
I'll just leave it at that.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #108
Ricer Mod

RRxtar I'm coming to your town in 2 weeks for a month or more... get ready to lift bitch Do you know if they offer 1 month passes at the gym you go to?

Berz out.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #109

Actually you're right. I shouldn't argue about shit like this on the internet. I just wanted you to realize that when you say you skip legs because they are not "essential" that I think you are wrong, in that I think leg training is very essential.

And I have strong feelings against steroid use. I should keep that to myself.

Wishing you luck with your health.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #110
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i think my gym is $88/month for 1 month. :s

you can get a free week trial tho and then its $9.40 each time. so if you go 3 days a week for the remainder 3 weeks in the month thats $84. you can get a 10 time punch card for $86
Old 07-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #111
Ricer Mod

Godamn gyms rape people like me and I just have to smile and take it if I want to work out. Fuck.

Berz out.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #112
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The reason you don't see me "posting anything regarding my build or gym lifts" is because I know that numbers don't mean fuck all. I could tell everyone what I squat, dip, chin, etc, but none of that fucking matters. All I know if, I work to achieve my goals, and I think I do a pretty damn good job of it.

But you, keep sticking to your 300 weightless squats, and leg days once a week. Keep thinking that steroids are equal to creatine. Do whatever you like. But when you say stupid shit like that, you're gonna get called out on it.

Or you could follow Halogod, who started out as a skinny little prick himself, and listen to what people say, go do the work, and try not to have to rely on fucking steroids.

I may not have Frank Zane's body, but I have transformed it significantly over the years. I think my opinion counts a lot more than some geek juicing up doing 300 squats in his living room, not eating right, and getting HYOOGE because of it.
thought frank did roids ?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #113
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
k i just read this thread so I gotta bring up a few points, some that may be old but I don't give a shit, and you're going to read it.

first of all, i'll just give you guys some of my background. I admit, i used to be a skinny dude. like 130, typical skinny asian. i'm 5'8 FYI. anyways, i started to lift seriously about winter of 2005, 1.5 years later I got up to 155, lean mass.

Squats were my favourite and legs were by far the strongest considering my size. I was free weight barbell squatting 3 plates each side, as a first leg exersize, 3rd/last set, usually 3 reps. perfect form. that was my max ever.

anyways, I quit working out cuz i traveled the world and partied for several years straight. Immediately after i stopped working out, 6 months later i was at 125lbs, eating 2 or less meals a day partying my ass off 50 hours a week, totally fucking up my hard earned gains.

I decided that that lifestyle wasn't really heathly and it drained my life and money away.

So last jan i decided to start lifting again. I was at 125 when I started cuz i had moved out and there was no more insta prepared free food sitting on the table whenever i wanted it, and I dropped from 130 to 125, I didn't cook. i ate out everyday, but couldnt afford to eat out like 5 times a day. Didn't bother to learn how to cook nor did i want to.

I went back into my old routine, yeah... fuck, my strength was like... i wanted to just slap myself whenever i saw how weak i got. it was pathetic. anyways, the soreness and pain came back, but it was different, it was just fucking really sore. unlike the first time i hit the gym way back in 2005, i remember body parts just feeling like no other feeling before, felt like my body was subjected to the rack or some shit. anyways i was able to balance bars and everything, muscle memory kicks in and you recover fairly fast. within 3 weeks i was noticing extreme gains, and things were like back to old times, just far less weight.

Quote:
My whole issue is I don't have a kitchen... so I HAVE to eat out 90% of the time.

Berz out.
dude, you have a fridge & freezer right? that's all you need, and an electrical outlet. thats ALL.

I am the laziest guy when it comes to preparing meals. food is almost just like fuel, i don't want to cook, i don't wanna clean, i almost don't even want to chew.

tons of fruits, tons of yogurt, tons of juices, that covers most of the "healthy" things.

costco, precut, precooked, pre marinated chicken breast slices, they're more expensive, but way cheaper than going out. im so lazy i fucking put the entire package INSIDE a big pyrex container (just so the fridge doesnt dry it out), and so when im done i just throw the plastic pack out and put in a new pack, reload!

u got your protein powders and replacement meal powders if you get really lazy and u want an ultra quick meal or to top up the nutrients in a smaller meal.

bread, i just eat that shit plain man, i keep it deep frozen until i need the loaf, then i just defrost it and stuff that shit in my mouth whenever i need to eat. peanut butter is good too, im so lazy about making food that i eat that shit seperate, i scoop it in my mouth, down some drink, stuff bread in my mouth, eat some chicken slices. instant meal. have a banana, whatever.

oh here's the part i agree with skinnypupp, especially if you have a fucking hypermetabolism like me. i eat mcdix, a lot. i always order a double cheese burger and two cheese burgers (or double or single quarter pound w cheese). but if it's ultra cheat day (it just depends how i feel), i'll order an extra large fries and a coke too hah. bulking food at it's finest and cheapest.

now as of late, i've been having hotpot everyday at home at least once a day. it's very simple, i know you're a white guy, but hey hotpot works, and it's good. and it's easy to cook and u barely have to clean.

buy some hot pot soup bases, frozen slices of meat packs (pork lamb beef), 340grams of meat per pack. frozen udon noodles, some veggies, and whatever else u wanan throw in there, mushrooms, seafood whatever the fuck u want.
i throw it all in my pot, over the stove, 5min done, eat. after the pot cools down throw it in the fridge, top it up with water. i use it up to 5 days, then clean it out. how simple is that? yeah so you don't have a stove. you can get electrical hot pot devices that just plug into the wall.

I still eat out quite often but at least i have shit at home to eat. I know i'm still not eating enough. im guessing i probably take in 2900-3100 cals on an average day.

i'm up to 150-153 now, almost at my previous max, in a short 6.5 months, compared to the 1.5 years it took before. I've broken every previous personal record already except for squats, and i'm even leaner, and i know i'm stronger than before. One thing in the past 1.5 months that's really fucking helped is having a consistent spotter. you lift harder, and you lift beyond what you could normally do without a spotter, you know it's 100% safe and you're not gonna drop hundreds of pounds on your face. I go with this dude cuz he used to be a small time body builder, and he pushes hard. It wasnt until i worked out with someone who took body building seriously, and was super dedicated to this shit, that i realised, that 90% of the other ppl including myself, at the gym trying to get buff, seriously were not pushing themselves hard enough before.

my new goal is 165, but we'll see how I look as I get there. I think I might look too big.

well that's my input.

oh, one last thing, berzerker don't go on roids. get a spotter, go to the gym more and work out all your body (including legs dude, for real, serious, squats), and just eat more shit dude, and yeah after that, you'll gain for sure, but if you're still not satisfied, whatever, i guess go on roids, im just saying im sure you haven't plateaued yet.

i know how you feel about squats, when i first started to workout, i was like, im not gonna do legs, until i listened to some people about squats. i started to do them and well other than the fact that i was really good at them, i noticed a strength increase in all my other body parts. seriously, squats are good, so are deadlifts.

sorry for the long post guys, you know how it is with me.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-26-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #114
Ricer Mod

I can't do squats due to a crushed T7 vertabra that I suffered in a car accidend 2 years ago (middle upper back). Thats why I got small again. Couldn't work out. I can't put that weight across my back. I've tried holding dumbells and doing it but it strains my lower back that way.

I also am bigger and stronger this time after 6.5 months than I was previously its a good feeling

I appreciate your input for sure but in some cases I don't even have a fridge for extended periods of time depending on the Hotel I'm in. I am lactose intolerant as well so trying to find a weight gainer or meal replacement supplement that doesn't make me sick is also hard. Trust me I'm no rookie when it comes to lifting I was showing Halogod some pics of before I first started working out, when I was big last time, after my accident and then now. Its quite the change lol.

Berz out.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #115
Ricer Mod

As promised....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...e&id=522510553

Berz out.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #116
I keep RS good

... what do you do for work again? you sound like a nomadic warrior or something haha. k i guess i u can't do much about that crushed T7, that fucking sucks.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #117
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
nice berz
Old 07-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #118
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
overdoing the tribals a little bit : / ?
XxFcukxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFcukxX View Post
the guy posts a picture of himself in a work-out thread and you make a jab at his tattoos?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #120
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFcukxX View Post
this is sports thread, gtfo
Old 07-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #121
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Dude, you are not a hard gainer nor an ectomorph at 212lbs @ 6'3. If you were an ectomorph, with your eating and training patterns, you would be much much smaller.

Ulic is more or the traditional ectomorph who shrinks like crazy when they don't eat or train right.

Anyhow, reconsider the roid use. You could fix your bad habits and get size and strength benefits and save the roids for when you actually really need it. Roids are also a waste if you don't eat right and train hard. Also, I hope you know what you are doing because if you don't supplement right, you are going to stress the hell out of your body.

It interesting that you say you know a lot about training but you don't include lower body work to help out with your upper body development. Most strength or figure coaches include leg work to increase natural hormonal output, which would in turn increase benefits of all your upper body work.

I understand that you had an accident involving your back in the past, but I'm assuming that it is healed and that you are functional. The reason that you are probably uncomfortable when you are squating is that your body isn't used to squating under load. You'll most likely have to take a hit to your ego and start with low weights and work your way up. When you put your spine under load, your body will work to stabilize your spine. If your back hurts, your body isn't able to stabilize itself properly, and/or you are engaging the wrong muscles in the movement. If you are going start squating again, I'd get a form check every once in a while.
kAzE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #122
RS Operative (G)

best chest work out ever today
went to new gym well dif gym with my friends they have full weight up 2 110db
start with db bench 80x8 90x6 100x5 had help on last rep and pulled off 110 for 4 with help
then did incline db 80x8 90x5 100x 4 with help
then did decline bench with bar. did 45 plate and 10 to warm up with 10 reps then 45 plate and 25 for 8 reps then did 2 45 plates for 6 reps with help was really pumped on that cause i don't do decline bench that much since other gym does no have that set up
all in all pretty fucking happy about work out
berz we gotta work out sometime asap
Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #123
Ricer Mod

I know dude I could have been training with you the last 3 months but your location under your avatar says NY so I figured you were there haha. Never thought to ask.

I had a pretty killer chest day too and for the first time in awhile I'm sore from it.

kAze I showed Halo some pics he see's how much I shrink lol. Keep in mind I take in probably no less than 5000 calories a day. I don't know the answer to this but are leg presses equal to squats?

Berz out.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #124

Quote:
I know dude I could have been training with you the last 3 months but your location under your avatar says NY so I figured you were there haha. Never thought to ask.

I had a pretty killer chest day too and for the first time in awhile I'm sore from it.

kAze I showed Halo some pics he see's how much I shrink lol. Keep in mind I take in probably no less than 5000 calories a day. I don't know the answer to this but are leg presses equal to squats?

Berz out.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/squat...eg+press+squat
Old 07-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #125
I keep RS good

i do leg presses after squats, i find it just isolates the muscles and you can "finish" off your quads/ass with leg presses without worrying about balancing and all that shit. it's also kinda a show off exersize, especially to people who never do leg presses cuz of how many plates you can leg press haha. small guys can easily leg press at least 4-6 plates, and guys that do heavy squats or other heavy leg exersizes can easily leg press as much as the machine can hold, like 14-16 plates or whatever it is.