REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 11-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #51
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post

i been meaning to give this place a try but its such in a shitty area with so many crackheads and junkies around i dont know if its a clena place or not.
i been meaning to want to try the clam chowder though. its my day off tmr i think im gonna go get super baked and give both these items a try ill let you guys know how it turns out lol
drive your car, park RIGHT in front of the bus stop, put in a dollar and you're good to go. Please please remember the owners is this asian women and asian guy. their clam chowder is RED. NOT WHITE. their batter is SUPER light with a hint of orange butter..ish thing.

just talk to the asian owners, they are nice and try sitting at the stools.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #52
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
hmm im baked. their asian im asian, ghetto area + red chowdAREEEEEEEEEEEEEe instead of white... and whats this.. u request i park in front of the place in front of all the crackheads and junkies? IM ALL THERE! LMAO except for the parking spot thing =\ theres been numerous times where i was offered " hobo homeless security car package" and uhhhhhh u can go from there lmao
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #53
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i heard that Go Fish is pretty good and will probably check it out soon. Pajos is a staple but doesnt blow me away, have been going there forever though. Mr Pickwicks is good too but way too expensive ($18 for a two piece at the downtown location).

Johnnie Fox's is wicked, their red snapper and chips is amazing. make sure you upgrade to the beer battered fries!
http://www.johnniefox.ca/

Rain City Grill does a halibut and chips with a bottled water for only $10. only available in the summer though from their side take out window.
http://www.raincitygrill.com/
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #54

how is Cockney Kings these days? i never remembered it actually being anything special, most places that offer all you can eat deals usually arent.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #55

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
hmm im baked. their asian im asian, ghetto area + red chowdAREEEEEEEEEEEEEe instead of white... and whats this.. u request i park in front of the place in front of all the crackheads and junkies? IM ALL THERE! LMAO except for the parking spot thing =\ theres been numerous times where i was offered " hobo homeless security car package" and uhhhhhh u can go from there lmao
so i went on sunday. Same thing. looks like they had a huge hand out at downtown east side area across the street. I took a girl there, parked right outside and we had working girls already asking us for money and the bus stop alreayd smells like urine.

I went inside, and ordered the usual, Halibut / Cod with fries. Halibut and the cod are always good. The oysters are OK, and the pan fried salmon was just ok. (after eating the awesome fish and chips, the salmon was just meh ahahhaha). The red clam chowder is always something diff. esp. when I'm alwasy used to drinking white chowder.

What was interesting this time (it's my 5th time there with different girls each time) was when I paid the bill. Each and every customer that comes in are always bums, crack addcts and they always pay before they order.
"i'll order fries" and they will hand the owner 3 dollars.
"coffee please" and it'll be 1 dollar. no money no product. ahahhah

when i paid the bill this time (cause i actually get a bill) he made conversations with me and he's like "yeah, i remember you, you live in richmond and you always come in with your motorcycles" ahahahahah
I'm like, pshhhhh, don't talk so loud, i don't this girl to know i take diff. girls to this joint. ahhahh
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #56
ESKETIT

i find it halarious that you take a different girl with you each time to some ghetto looking seafood place on hastings

i still havent give this place a try yet and will do it hopefully today or tmr, im starting my buddhist vegetarian feasting thing again and i gotta hit up this place before i do
Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Wow.....a lot of people siding with Pajos.

Sure its good.....but Sockeye City is far better for variety, quality, and size.

So Sockeye City gets my vote....the one and only in this thread it seems.

For those who like other seafood including fried oysters and prawns.....imagine fried oyster peices the size of your fist.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #58

I was never a Pajo's fan - thought it was always too greasy... Go Fish is generally my go-to place, though before all of them, I used to always go to Olympia on Robson/Thurlow until they closed down a few years back
Slif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #59
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Wow.....a lot of people siding with Pajos.

Sure its good.....but Sockeye City is far better for variety, quality, and size.

So Sockeye City gets my vote....the one and only in this thread it seems.

For those who like other seafood including fried oysters and prawns.....imagine fried oyster peices the size of your fist.
where is sockeye city?

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
where is sockeye city?

If you know where the Pajo's is on the Pier at Steveston......its just up the stairs and a few feet over....Beside Shady Island (don't go to Shady Island ).
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #61
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
If you know where the Pajo's is on the Pier at Steveston......its just up the stairs and a few feet over....Beside Shady Island (don't go to Shady Island ).
cools
go check it out next time

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #62
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Mr. Pickwick's is alright. But I've only been to their Granville location once. I had the 2 piece Cod and it was awesome. The chips were a bit below average though. I just thought I'd try it out just because I saw it ranked #1 by the Georgia Straight for Fish and Chips in Vancouver. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day? I don't know...

Anybody ever order Fish and Chips from #9 @ Lansdowne? I'm always reluctant to order anything western like that at chinese places.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post
Johnnie Fox's is wicked, their red snapper and chips is amazing. make sure you upgrade to the beer battered fries!
http://www.johnniefox.ca/
has anyone else checked out johnnie foxs? their fish and chips is awesome, add a pint of guinness for $5 and you are set!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #64
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
so i went on sunday. Same thing. looks like they had a huge hand out at downtown east side area across the street. I took a girl there, parked right outside and we had working girls already asking us for money and the bus stop alreayd smells like urine.

I went inside, and ordered the usual, Halibut / Cod with fries. Halibut and the cod are always good. The oysters are OK, and the pan fried salmon was just ok. (after eating the awesome fish and chips, the salmon was just meh ahahhaha). The red clam chowder is always something diff. esp. when I'm alwasy used to drinking white chowder.

What was interesting this time (it's my 5th time there with different girls each time) was when I paid the bill. Each and every customer that comes in are always bums, crack addcts and they always pay before they order.
"i'll order fries" and they will hand the owner 3 dollars.
"coffee please" and it'll be 1 dollar. no money no product. ahahhah

when i paid the bill this time (cause i actually get a bill) he made conversations with me and he's like "yeah, i remember you, you live in richmond and you always come in with your motorcycles" ahahahahah
I'm like, pshhhhh, don't talk so loud, i don't this girl to know i take diff. girls to this joint. ahhahh

What time do you go??
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #65
ESKETIT

lol i was around the area atl ike 4am yesterday and man the street was booming!!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #66
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Mr. Pickwick's is alright.

I just thought I'd try it out just because I saw it ranked #1 by the Georgia Straight for Fish and Chips in Vancouver. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day? I don't know...

Mr. Pickwick's is shit. They're over-priced and their food is only slightly above what you'd get if you got a Fillet O'Fish at McDonalds, put it in a plate, and dumped fries all over it. Their service is rude and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #67
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Is Pajo's open yr round?
specificcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #68
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
^
To my knowledge, yes.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #69
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I think Pajo's is good, but fucking overpriced. Especially since its just a stand.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #70
ESKETIT

so i went to THE ONLY on the weekend.

area was ghetto as fuck especially the way i was dressed LOL

nice chinese couple runs the place, very friendly and food came quick.

fish n chips were AWESOME.

that red clam chowder.. meh.. i didnt like it so much. it was like vegetable soup+clams lol
Old 12-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #71

^ I'm going to go try that place too now lol. If they really are that good hopefully more people will start going so they can eventually relocate out of the warzone.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #72
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Where is "The Only" located?
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #73

i cant believe no one has said the crab shack in north vancouver. It is towards Deep Cove just off the Iron workers memorial. They primarily sell fresh sea food, but they also have a great menu if you are too lazy to make your own stuff
Ax2-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #74
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiXy View Post
Where is "The Only" located?
Be prepared for bums and druggies.

The Only Seafood Cafe

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #75
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I've been to Moby Dick's in White rock a couple of times. They always give you an extra piece. Not bad, batter not too thick, good prices.
matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote