REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #51
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Jer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 359 Times in 154 Posts
anybody been to guu on thurlow during lunch? just wondering how it is since ive only gone during dinner time.
Advertisement
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #52
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,830
Thanked 6,598 Times in 2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
It seems like you and I have the same taste for food. I always hit up these 2 places.
How exactly is Lime? I always pass through the area, look inside, but never want to venture inside because I keep on thinking in the back of my mind that it's Japanese fusion. I hate all kinds of fusion food (personal preference) so I've been very hesitant to try the place out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS
 
iwantaskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: somewhere in bc
Posts: 2,043
Thanked 786 Times in 320 Posts
MANZO...

A little pricey but they got high end japanese food there. There is pretty much no sushi on the menu but the food is A+.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #54
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
happytoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Van
Posts: 77
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
anybody been to guu on thurlow during lunch? just wondering how it is since ive only gone during dinner time.
It's super packed, last time I went waited a hour but the food is very yum, you should definitely check it out. From what I remember everything was under $10 and very filling.
happytoro is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #55
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
keifun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: VANcity East
Posts: 3,109
Thanked 240 Times in 119 Posts
I went to the Japanese Izakaya place called "Kingyo" at 871 Denman St. couple days ago.

Food was alright, place was very small as all the regular sized tables were full or reserved, so had to sit at the bar.

It took a lot of dishes to fill up me and my two friends, still I prefer Hapa or Guu couple blocks away.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #56
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
MANZO...

A little pricey but they got high end japanese food there. There is pretty much no sushi on the menu but the food is A+.
gross
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #57
VLS Moderator
 
Senna4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,343
Thanked 2,546 Times in 824 Posts
I find myself going to the two places below a lot.
- Shiro
- Hiroshi's Sushi Creations

Also would recommend:
- Yuji's
__________________
2007 Volvo V50
Taken by ex: 2005 Toyota Prius.
R.I.P. 1997 Lexus ES300.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #58
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
TRDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: V
Posts: 7,848
Thanked 656 Times in 326 Posts
FUCK
yakko sushi has increased their price.. now i gotta find a new cheap and good sushi place.. FUCK
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #59
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
I find myself going to the two places below a lot.
- Shiro
- Hiroshi's Sushi Creations

Also would recommend:
- Yuji's
shiro is pretty cheap and good quality.
dinner for one is only $20 and has good variety
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #60
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 114
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I second Toshi for sushi. Only bad thing is the wait.
jakolantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS
 
iwantaskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: somewhere in bc
Posts: 2,043
Thanked 786 Times in 320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
gross
Whats wrong with Manzo? I thought it was pretty good...on par with goo.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #62
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 613
Thanked 38 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Whats wrong with Manzo? I thought it was pretty good...on par with goo.
Manzo and Guu are at opposite ends of the Izakya spectrum..
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #63
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
mako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the Bat Cave
Posts: 9,114
Thanked 264 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Whats wrong with Manzo? I thought it was pretty good...on par with goo.
yes, it is on par with GOO!
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #64
My homepage has been set to RS
 
goo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 2,050
Thanked 192 Times in 118 Posts
wha?
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #65
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
ap0x-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 86
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Hi there!

I just tried a Japanese restaurant last friday by the name of "Village Sushi". It's a small Japanese place owned by a husband and wife. Their sushi was awesome as everything had a very "home-made" feel to it. It wasn't like those high class sushi places where everything had a refined feel to it but more of a down-to-earth restaurant. Personally, I love that feeling

The restaurant is located on #2 (in Richmond) down all the way past Steveston, basically at the end haha.

Would definitely recommend it. It was not pricey at all either with extremely fresh fish.
ap0x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #66
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Jer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 359 Times in 154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0x- View Post
Hi there!

I just tried a Japanese restaurant last friday by the name of "Village Sushi". It's a small Japanese place owned by a husband and wife. Their sushi was awesome as everything had a very "home-made" feel to it. It wasn't like those high class sushi places where everything had a refined feel to it but more of a down-to-earth restaurant. Personally, I love that feeling

The restaurant is located on #2 (in Richmond) down all the way past Steveston, basically at the end haha.

Would definitely recommend it. It was not pricey at all either with extremely fresh fish.
i remember driving down there hoping to try this place out but ran into 2 problems. there was nowhere to park and it was like wednesday, 12pm and it was closed.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #67
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
omg Tojo's isn't on any of your lists?!

http://www.tojos.com/

the place is literally world famous :P
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #68
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)
 
inzomniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Yaletown
Posts: 1,922
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
omg Tojo's isn't on any of your lists?!

http://www.tojos.com/

the place is literally world famous :P
World famous for being expensive! hahaha

But it can be good... but just bang-for-the-buck i would go somewhere else
__________________
Ummm... yeah. Ok bye.
inzomniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #69
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,146
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
holly shit i just browsed thru tojo's menu


their prices are FUCKING outrageous!!!!!!!!!
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #70
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!
 
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: richmond
Posts: 1,364
Thanked 34 Times in 11 Posts
hi genki

their unagi don and miso soup was soo good...
__________________
peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #71
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 612
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love Japanese food! I still surprised that most people think Japanese food is only sushi!

I love:
Guu Garlic and Guu in Gastown (always a classic)
Ebisu (Deon's the man!)
Hapa Izakaya (good atmosphere and hot waitresses for my guy friends)
Kingyo (nice decor, friendly staff, food pricey)
Gyoza King (casual joint, we go there if there's a long line-up at Guu)
Octopus Garden (authentic Japanese restaurant, excellent food)
Zakkushi (yummy Robata-style food)
Nan Chuu and Manzo in Richmond (karaoke afterwards!)
Kobe Japanese Steakhouse (teppanyaki! entertaining cooking shows! a tourist fave!)
Kintaro (feeling like ramen? mild or rich? lean or fatty?)
Yuji's Japanese Tapas (boyfriend likes this one)
Japadog (ooooohhhh...mouth-watering hotdogs)
Aki on Thurlow (my Japanese students all love this one)
California Sushi (I think that's the name of it: on W.Broadway & Arbutus; all-u-can-drink coke) and Shabusen (when there's a party and we must go all-u-can eat buffets)
StrawberryCones in Aberdeen Mall (the Japanese chain of pizzas)

I want to try the new Barefoot Kitchen on Davie Street. JAPANESE CURRY ON PORK CUTLETS AND SPAGHETTI!

Last edited by ~designer_rice~; 05-18-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: more info
~designer_rice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #72
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Jer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 359 Times in 154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~designer_rice~ View Post
I love Japanese food! I still surprised that most people think Japanese food is only sushi!

I love:
Guu Garlic and Guu in Gastown (always a classic)
Ebisu (Deon's the man!)
Hapa Izakaya (good atmosphere and hot waitresses for my guy friends)
Kingyo (nice decor, friendly staff, food pricey)
Gyoza King (casual joint, we go there if there's a long line-up at Guu)
Octopus Garden (authentic Japanese restaurant, excellent food)
Zakkushi (yummy Robata-style food)
Nan Chuu and Manzo in Richmond (karaoke afterwards!)
Kobe Japanese Steakhouse (teppanyaki! entertaining cooking shows! a tourist fave!)
Kintaro (feeling like ramen? mild or rich? lean or fatty?)
Yuji's Japanese Tapas (boyfriend likes this one)
Japadog (ooooohhhh...mouth-watering hotdogs)
Aki on Thurlow (my Japanese students all love this one)
California Sushi (I think that's the name of it: on W.Broadway & Arbutus; all-u-can-drink coke) and Shabusen (when there's a party and we must go all-u-can eat buffets)

I want to try the new Barefoot Kitchen on Davie Street. JAPANESE CURRY ON PORK CUTLETS AND SPAGHETTI!
i love barefoot kitchen. the katsu curry isn't that big nor is it the best but the hamburg steak is awesome. i prefer yoshoku-ya for katsu curry...possibly the best in the lower mainland. however, in relation to barefoot, theres nowhere else in downtown where you can get a nice filling lunch for less than $6 that includes miso soup!
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #73
2013, 2016 & 2017 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion
 
HonestTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,267
Thanked 938 Times in 421 Posts
^ Wheres that?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #74
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
cctw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,258
Thanked 159 Times in 93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0x- View Post
Hi there!

I just tried a Japanese restaurant last friday by the name of "Village Sushi". It's a small Japanese place owned by a husband and wife. Their sushi was awesome as everything had a very "home-made" feel to it. It wasn't like those high class sushi places where everything had a refined feel to it but more of a down-to-earth restaurant. Personally, I love that feeling

The restaurant is located on #2 (in Richmond) down all the way past Steveston, basically at the end haha.

Would definitely recommend it. It was not pricey at all either with extremely fresh fish.
imma go drop by that place tomorrow haha
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #75
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
winson604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vansterdam
Posts: 6,736
Thanked 1,071 Times in 519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
How exactly is Lime? I always pass through the area, look inside, but never want to venture inside because I keep on thinking in the back of my mind that it's Japanese fusion. I hate all kinds of fusion food (personal preference) so I've been very hesitant to try the place out.
LOL talk about a late reply I totally forgot about this thread. Lime isn't too shabby although the menu isn't the biggest so I tend to not go that often cause I get bored of always ordering the same thing. This is to me the one downfall of this place but none the less I like it a lot. But usually prefer like Kingyo or something just because the menu is so much bigger. Go check out their website and see if anyting interests you. It definitely isn't a fusion place fo sho. I honestly think they have the best beef sashimi in town if your down with that. Place can get pretty packed sometimes cause they have live acts come in. FYI if you sit on the side where the live acts perform you actually have to pay an additional fee I think it's like $10. Sit on the sushi bar side instead.
__________________
"back at the line to Babych.... LONG SHOT....Potvin had trouble with it....ADAM SHOOTS SCORES!!!!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net