REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #101
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
haha i only wish... suddenly scratches don't bother me

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/boclz41jjPE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/boclz41jjPE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Advertisement

Last edited by thumper; 01-09-2009 at 08:24 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #102
Witness protection

great idea by Rated B... never thought to look on youtube.

touchless (esso one is not as nice but u get the idea):

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wimAzZiLZwA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wimAzZiLZwA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

no liv tyler optional wash option though
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #103
Witness protection

i have to take back whatever i said about the esso car wash at the corner of willingdon/kingsway.

i just came back tonite after getting a wash and under the lights at home the results this time was very disappointing. i had noticed while in the wash bay that the amount of soap dispensed was pretty diluted. and now i can see a horizontal strip around the entire car that had not been washed, which may indicate that one of the nozzles on the wash arm is not working.

i guess i'm staying with the other one at the corner of burrard/w. broadway again.

Last edited by thumper; 01-12-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #104
Tech Team Mod

I like this one more

http://www.abhd.nl/video/meer-tempta...ash-op-zolder/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
haha i only wish... suddenly scratches don't bother me

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/boclz41jjPE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/boclz41jjPE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #105
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

are the touchless car wash at Esso safe for soft tops?
im tempted to go just for the under body wash though.....

so which esso is the best? the one on broadway and burrard???
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #106
My homepage has been set to RS

if your car has a decent paint job and you have undercoating, then road salt shouldn't be much of a problem, i wouldn't worry about it?
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #107
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Talking Shine Auto Spa

Went to the automatic carwash on Terminal Avenue tonight. Thought I'll offer my experience to the RS community.

First of all the place certainly looks nice. Its right infront of the new Mini Yaletown service facility on Terminal, they have a huge sign right by the road that says they're open 24/7 so its pretty hard to miss. As you approach the machines to pay attendants head out and offer their hand and clearly explains what each package includes.

1) The basic wash just gives you... a basic wash. They have a grand opening special on this, currently $7 (reg. $9).
2) The next level washes your wheels and offers 1 coat of "wax, $12.
3) The full deal offers all of the above, plus undercarriage wash, tire shine and a rust proof spray for the undercarriage, $14.

After the long snow storm I went for the full deal. As I finished paying and approached the entrance I noticed the place is actually not a touchless carwash place, its one of those with huge rollers and the conveyor belt to move move your car forward. At first I was worried about not clearing the rails (I drive a 2001 330i 4 door with oem M sport kit on H&R cupkit, front bumper ground clearence is a little more than 3 inches) but the attendant assured me the rails will not damage the car and wheels as it has polyurethane protectors on all edges, so I proceeded. After about 2 minutes the whole process is done and I left. When i reached home I inspected the car and noticed its actually quite clean. I looked at the car's finish with a flashlight and there appears to be no visible swirl marks (I'll check again tomorrow in the morning), even the tires are shiny (not sure how they managed, but they did).

I think the place is great if you REALLY needed a wash and undercarriage rinse. Of course nothing beats the traditional wash mit and bucket of soap at home, but during the winter months sometimes we're left with no choice but to make sacrifices. But it would be interesting to find out how well the "wash rollers" hold up after a while when more cars use the service, will it cause swirl marks, etc... But tonight I am a happy camper.

And I did my homework before going, here's a link with pics of the site while its still under construction.

http://www.kindredconstruction.com/g...g2_itemId=1140
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #108
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
just went the one on marine and fraser, the most expensive one "luxery" is 9.99 then the one under it don't remember the name but it was 8.99. they both have under wash. i went for the 9.99 and gonna try onr tmr
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #109
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Too bad that fancy wash system wont work with a bike rack.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #110
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'll be sure to do some offroad muddin before going to the terminal location,afterwards u guys can wash your cars and tell me if theres any swirl marks.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #111
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Went to the automatic carwash on Terminal Avenue tonight. Thought I'll offer my experience to the RS community.

First of all the place certainly looks nice. Its right infront of the new Mini Yaletown service facility on Terminal, they have a huge sign right by the road that says they're open 24/7 so its pretty hard to miss. As you approach the machines to pay attendants head out and offer their hand and clearly explains what each package includes.

1) The basic wash just gives you... a basic wash. They have a grand opening special on this, currently $7 (reg. $9).
2) The next level washes your wheels and offers 1 coat of "wax, $12.
3) The full deal offers all of the above, plus undercarriage wash, tire shine and a rust proof spray for the undercarriage, $14.

After the long snow storm I went for the full deal. As I finished paying and approached the entrance I noticed the place is actually not a touchless carwash place, its one of those with huge rollers and the conveyor belt to move move your car forward. At first I was worried about not clearing the rails (I drive a 2001 330i 4 door with oem M sport kit on H&R cupkit, front bumper ground clearence is a little more than 3 inches) but the attendant assured me the rails will not damage the car and wheels as it has polyurethane protectors on all edges, so I proceeded. After about 2 minutes the whole process is done and I left. When i reached home I inspected the car and noticed its actually quite clean. I looked at the car's finish with a flashlight and there appears to be no visible swirl marks (I'll check again tomorrow in the morning), even the tires are shiny (not sure how they managed, but they did).

I think the place is great if you REALLY needed a wash and undercarriage rinse. Of course nothing beats the traditional wash mit and bucket of soap at home, but during the winter months sometimes we're left with no choice but to make sacrifices. But it would be interesting to find out how well the "wash rollers" hold up after a while when more cars use the service, will it cause swirl marks, etc... But tonight I am a happy camper.

And I did my homework before going, here's a link with pics of the site while its still under construction.

http://www.kindredconstruction.com/g...g2_itemId=1140

if you can update with pics it would be appreciated... my only experience with this type of carwash was the oasis near metrotown, and it got me a big scratch on the trunklid and i never went back
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #112
Banned (ABWS)

i personally go to a local self serve car wash with the pressure washer and just spray off all the gunk and dirty and salt off the car. too bad i spent $24 to just spray my car clean. don't ever try to use the brush at those places because you'll end up doing more harm than good.
kc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #113
How I Mod your mother

I tried out the esso wash station near coquitlam centre, and it actually cleans a bit better than the marine/fraser location.
Seems it dispenses more soap, and rinses twice

Seems a couple dollars cheaper as well?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla

Last edited by !Yaminashi; 01-19-2009 at 02:14 PM.
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #114
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
anybody try out that washworld place in richmond by steveston and no.4 or no.5?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #115
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
i've heard of it, but it's so far away...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #116
Need my Daily Fix of RS

thumper: I'll try to get some pics when I go again with my mom's car on Thurs night

I've been to the Washworld in Richmond before, slightly better than the Husky wash station on Bridgeport near No3, but not much better. Washworld is also touchless.
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #117
Witness protection

meh that husky station... i was there on friday (where i noticed an RS member's stolen integra but didn't know it was stolen until i got home afterwards )... i paid for the regular wash and after i came out the car was just as dirty as before i went in!

at least they gave you the cleaning brush and the garbage can of wash detergent to clean your wheels with. i watched in horror as someone with a black e-class merc used that brush to scrub his entire car... oh the pain
Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #118
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I tried it myself and it worked pretty great.

But here's the catch, if you drive a slammed miata and tried to do one at washworld, sensors won't detect your car
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #119
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
It's so hard to keep the car clean in winter time =/

Having a white car doesn't help either -.-"