REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #76
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
Bros before Hoes policy is for little boys. Your Bros will eventually leave u and the one who u'll spend the rest of ur life with is the Hoe.
and when you finally need to divorce her, all you'll have are your friends, and me, you're friendly neighbourhood divorce lawyer. but hey, the drinks are on me tonight. you'll be paying me enough later anyway.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #77
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
Bros before Hoes policy is for little boys. Your Bros will eventually leave u and the one who u'll spend the rest of ur life with is the Hoe.
I hope you're not serious about this remark.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #78
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
its kind of unfair to put words in my mouth.
That's fine. Let's just chalk it up to misunderstanding. I misinterpreted your words.

However though...
Quote:
to be fair, the only exp I had with this was the one I posted earlier. As for if the 'girl liked my friend' thing.....just feels inconsequential. if i bring a girl out, pick her up, take her to meet my friends, then that just shouldn't happen. and if it does, she's a fucking whore. again going off of my exp, when that DID happen to me, they guy she came on to wasn't even thinking about it. it just made her look really cheap and skanky and trashy. it would be embarrassing for me but i dont see any of my friends picking it up even if it was thrown at them. for me its not a cockblocking thing, its just the way it is.
Why would that make her a whore? What if your guy friend was hot? Was a really funny guy? or highly attractive to women in general? Natural attraction is only a natural reaction. I wouldn't be able to put blame on her if she ends up more partial to said-guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
I hope you're not serious about this remark.
Like it or not, there is a degree of truth to it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Why would that make her a whore? What if your guy friend was hot? Was a really funny guy? or highly attractive to women in general? Natural attraction is only a natural reaction. I wouldn't be able to put blame on her if she ends up more partial to said-guy.
i dunno. at first i wanted to say that maybe its just cause id feel slighted, but even having a friends girl hit on me would feel really awkward and weird. Like "what are you doing, my friend is standing right there. do you think you're so hot that i'd back stab my friend right in front of him?" it just seems like the kind of thing a looser girl would do. or at least one that has no respect for my boy or me. screw her.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #80

Quote:
i dunno. at first i wanted to say that maybe its just cause id feel slighted, but even having a friends girl hit on me would feel really awkward and weird. Like "what are you doing, my friend is standing right there. do you think you're so hot that i'd back stab my friend right in front of him?" it just seems like the kind of thing a looser girl would do. or at least one that has no respect for my boy or me. screw her.
But what if the girl never reciprocated the first boy's feelings? Or only mildly entertained interest out of politeness? Is the girl now obliged to tiptoe and walk on eggshells for the rest of her life because of one guy's infatuation?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #81

Quote:
But what if the girl never reciprocated the first boy's feelings? Or only mildly entertained interest out of politeness? Is the girl now obliged to tiptoe and walk on eggshells for the rest of her life because of one guy's infatuation?
not the rest of her life, just the night, or she can make an excuse and ask to leave, or just leave, or just straight up tell the guy that she likes him as a friend but just is not interested in anything more then that etc. to turn what I said before around, if she's as good looking as we are assuming, then she could probably pull another guy just as easily as she got guy A. So instead of embarrassing him in front of all his friends, she can just be polite, or even leave, and try and meet someone else later.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #82
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I agree with Noir....why is the girl being treated as a piece of meat in this game?
Maybe the girl doesn't even know you are interested in her...she's just out having fun and trying to meet some new friends. Who knows where the sparks will fly the first time you bring her out? And then all of a sudden she becomes the slut because she likes your friend. If you are really into the girl...maybe you should just get to know her more first and let her know that you have dibs on her before bringing her out. Or not bring her out at all until you know she likes you for sure.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #83
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
not the rest of her life, just the night, or she can make an excuse and ask to leave, or just leave, or just straight up tell the guy that she likes him as a friend but just is not interested in anything more then that etc. to turn what I said before around, if she's as good looking as we are assuming, then she could probably pull another guy just as easily as she got guy A. So instead of embarrassing him in front of all his friends, she can just be polite, or even leave, and try and meet someone else later.
Wow....that could only happen in a perfect world. If you can't even take a little rejection....does that mean your friends always have to baby your feelings then?

So if you can't get what you want then nobodies else should get it either.....and I guess your future gf should just stay home all the time and cook and clean too right?
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #84

lol how i love how revscene loves to just extract something from nowhere and then apply it to a position that they dont like. for me, friends do dont do that to their friends. If you guys want to live like that you can, but im not so horny and desperate I have to hit on every single pair or tits that comes within range. my friend wants her, have her. If i can help the guy get it, I will. Im not gonna do anything to make it harder for the poor guy if it already seems like he's having problems. NOT to sound cocky but it is just a girl, as in some person you barely know, compared to one of your friends who you've known for years. This should be an easy choice.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #85

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of politics, all for the sake because Guy A just can't be man enough about things. Don't know about others but politics just isn't my thing.

I have come to the conclusion that you're just a considerate guy. But courtesy is just a consideration, not an obligation. That being said, is it still fair to penalize Guy B and Girl C for the inadequacies of Guy A, because Guy A is in denial to the realities of his situation?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium View Post
I agree with Noir....why is the girl being treated as a piece of meat in this game?
Maybe the girl doesn't even know you are interested in her...she's just out having fun and trying to meet some new friends. Who knows where the sparks will fly the first time you bring her out? And then all of a sudden she becomes the slut because she likes your friend. If you are really into the girl...maybe you should just get to know her more first and let her know that you have dibs on her before bringing her out. Or not bring her out at all until you know she likes you for sure.
hypothetical situtions are raw like that. it could be one of a million situations. Myabe she knows he likes her, maybe she doesnt. we could argue either way all day and both still be right, know what I mean?

I agree with getting to know a girl first, but thats not the hypothetical situation we are talking about. we are saying if a guy didnt do it.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #87

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of politics, all for the sake because Guy A just can't be man enough about things. Don't know about others but politics just isn't my thing.

I have come to the conclusion that you're just a considerate guy. But courtesy is just a consideration, not an obligation. That being said, is it still fair to penalize Guy B and Girl C for the inadequacies of Guy A, because Guy A can't man up to the realities of his situation?
thats the thing. i dont consider it a penalty. I wanna be careful about how I saw it but its just some random girl. if you never see her again do you even care? we dont even know if the two of you have anything in common besides sexual attraction. there will be other girls and other op's. if guy A fails badly, then after she leaves we can have a beer and chill on it, maybe smoke a jay if he feels that down and just forget about her. friends are more important then some girl you both barely know.

But yeah, i guess its just my personal opinion. I'd just be pretty hurt, call me a pussy, if not only did a girl I liked and brought out, ditched me not only for another guy, but for someone who i called my good friend. probably end up posting a thread on revscene and getting it towed to fightclub cause i was getting teased so much .
Old 01-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #88
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Continuing to speak on rights, let me go at this at another angle too. Say there's a group of girls, majority of them hot, 1 of them fugly. What if a number of those hot girls want a piece of you but cannot because the fugly one called dibs. Will you allow Ms. Fugly the right of control & limitation of your social progress?
this will never happen because like I said, women don't respect one another.

the ugly chick of the group knows she's at the back of the line in her pack, she's the omega.

the alpha chick does whatever the fuck she likes cuz she's more popular and more pretty, and probably has all the nicest clothes and bags. this applies to all women in the group, just they all have a rank, and they're ranked by looks and material possessions, and of course shit rolls downhill.

male groups on the other hand also have this ranking system, except the rank is not earned through looks or material goods. it's earned through respect.
the alpha male of the group always is the most respected, but to be alpha you must equally respect your fellow brothers.

this respect runs and ties all male groups together, hence the respecting 'dibs' and also allowing the bro with the most chance to succeed to have a shot.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
male groups on the other hand also have this ranking system, except the rank is not earned through looks or material goods. it's earned through respect. the alpha male of the group always is the most respected, but to be alpha you must equally respect your fellow brothers.
With guys, I'd say rank is earned by by the degree of one's success regarding women and the relative ease to this success. So basically, guys get more girls gets respect over guys who don't. Respect among each other is only relative as respect is usually a byproduct of success or acheivement.

If I were to respect a fellow brother like you say, by my definiton above, he already must be well endowed with the opposite sex. Therefore, he would never be found in Guy A's position anyways.

I seriously have no respect for the Guy A's out there. Relative to my experience, they're just sore losers. They take forever to make a move. Their excuse is they want to do the right thing by being a good friend first, getting to know them better, doing right by not rushing it which all is pretty much a euphimism for "I am a pussy and am too shy to do anything about it." So what do they do, they friendzone the shit out of themselves inadvertently and blame Guy B because guys like Guy B can't wait for Guy A's 1 to 2 year game plan.

When will Guy A's learn that friendzoning yourself is not the way to a girl's pants and you can't reserve a girl for yourself until your 1 or 2 yearh plan comes into fruition. That's so gay.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #90
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
With guys, I'd say rank is earned by by the degree of one's success regarding women and the relative ease to this success. So basically, guys get more girls gets respect over guys who don't. Respect among each other is only relative as respect is usually a byproduct of success or acheivement.

If I were to respect a fellow brother like you say, by my definiton above, he already must be well endowed with the opposite sex. Therefore, he would never be found in Guy A's position anyways.

I seriously have no respect for the Guy A's out there. Relative to my experience, they're just sore losers. They take forever to make a move. Their excuse is they want to do the right thing by being a good friend first, getting to know them better, doing right by not rushing it which all is pretty much a euphimism for "I am a pussy and am too shy to do anything about it." So what do they do, they friendzone the shit out of themselves inadvertently and blame Guy B because guys like Guy B can't wait for Guy A's 1 to 2 year game plan.

When will Guy A's learn that friendzoning yourself is not the way to a girl's pants and you can't reserve a girl for yourself until your 1 or 2 yearh plan comes into fruition. That's so gay.
i agree man guys want to get "close" to the girl friendship zone , wait for signs... "oh shit she looked at me from afar, I'm in"
a good girl will never wait

well put man well put.
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #91
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Time to re-read the Bro Code. I think it says in there that if Guy A & B both don't know then it goes to the Bro with the longer cold streak.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #92
I keep RS good

Quote:

lol no man. I don't know how old you are, but I know a few guys that get women left and right... there comes a point in life where the # of women you are able to get doesn't really matter anymore. All I gotta say is, ten 1's don't equal 1 ten. quantity=/=quality. i respect them yes, but they're not the most respected. There's a lot more to a man than just being able to lay a lot of women. Lol most of them are pretty fun cool people. They usually know how to party, and have a shit ton of balls, sometimes too much, lol they sometimes have no self respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrsx1979 View Post
Time to re-read the Bro Code. I think it says in there that if Guy A & B both don't know then it goes to the Bro with the longer cold streak.
HAHA i actually tried to look it up in the bro code cuz i remember it was somewhere in there, but i couldnt find it!

yeah, the bro with the longer streak!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #93
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I have been in the guy B position and the girl went for me.
But before that I was in the guy A position. I was even in the C position...haha.

Lesson learned: If you want something, go for it. There is no one to blame but yourself. Windows of opportunity only last so long.

For me, the bro code entitles guy A to "first mover advantage",so to speak. If it doesn't, it doesn't work. Then its fair game. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule such as going after someone's long-term gf, fiance, ex-wife..etc.

But from all the things I've seen and friends dating within our circle, after a while it doesn't really matter. Throughout highschool and up to mid 20's..shit happens. You just think back and laugh..or shake your head in regret.
Osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 AM   #94
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
HAHA i actually tried to look it up in the bro code cuz i remember it was somewhere in there, but i couldnt find it!

yeah, the bro with the longer streak!
Found it, it's article 62.

In the event that 2 bros lock onto the same targets, the bro who calls dibs first has dibs. If both call dibs at the same time, the bro who counts to 10 the fastest has dibs. If both arrive at the number 10 at the same time, the bro who bought the last round has dibs. If they haven't purchased drinks yet, the taller og the 2 bros has dibs. If they're the same height, the bro with the longer dry spell has dibs. Should the dry spells be of equal length, a game of discreet broshambo (rock, paper scissors) shall determine dibs, provided the girl is still there.

Man that was one long rule...lol
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #95
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

where can I find said copy of such Bro code?
fnguyen96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #96
I keep RS good

a book store.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 AM   #97
RS controls my life!

heres how it looks

RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #98