REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #3551
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah it's a shitty situation all around. You can't excuse what the guy did regardless of what happened to him, but the downward spiral this guy went down because of a false accusation is also sad to see.

Was this ever a story in the news when they found out he was falsely accused? I don't remember hearing about it.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 01:05 PM   #3552
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,846 Times in 885 Posts
https://globalnews.ca/video/9219888/...-yang-tragedy/

The video shows a police report excerpt, reading:

“Synopsis: Cst. YANG accompanied a City of Burnaby Parks Officer as he prepared to serve an eviction notice on a male who had been occupying a tent for several months, in Burnaby Park. Cst. YANG approached the tent and called out but received no response. She observed a male in the tent with eyes closed and unresponsive and feared he was experiencing an overdose. She announced she was going in to administer Naloxone at which point the male responded, exited the tent, and threatened the parks officer. Both Cst. YANG and the Parks Officer backed away and were on their phones/radio calling for assistance. The male charged Cst. YANG and stabbed her in the chest area with a knife. Cst. YANG struggled with the male and the Parks Officer came to her aid. Cst. YANG held his legs and the park officer attempted to provide restraint, and heard two muffled pops. The male said he’d been shot and to let him go. A second Parks Officer arrived and also began to assist, followed by a passerby who stopped his vehicle to assist. Cst. YANG lost consciousness and her pistol was returned to her…”

If you look him up, he had been living in a penthouse around knight/cambie until early 2021 when he was arrested, and then lived in a tent since.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #3553
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
From the penthouse to the tent-house..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2022, 03:56 PM   #3554

Thanked 3,099 Times in 971 Posts
Appropriate thread for this.
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2022, 04:08 PM   #3555
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
https://youtu.be/PT8OU8Yhs_s
That video is made by a guy who was kicked out of the BC liberal party for his extreme views and is funded by a guy who made billions selling yoga pants.

The people behind it.

https://pressprogress.ca/right-wing-...vers-homeless/
Old 10-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #3556
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:
https://youtu.be/PT8OU8Yhs_s

A lot of Vancouverites spiritually align with Portland so maybe the chakras will balance out and our city will become even closer to theirs if not there already.

Also:

This woman lives in ground zero. Her sub count has been going up since she's been featured in a couple of local publications.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2022, 06:53 PM   #3557
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
https://globalnews.ca/video/9219888/...-yang-tragedy/

The video shows a police report excerpt, reading:

“Synopsis: Cst. YANG accompanied a City of Burnaby Parks Officer as he prepared to serve an eviction notice on a male who had been occupying a tent for several months, in Burnaby Park. Cst. YANG approached the tent and called out but received no response. She observed a male in the tent with eyes closed and unresponsive and feared he was experiencing an overdose. She announced she was going in to administer Naloxone at which point the male responded, exited the tent, and threatened the parks officer. Both Cst. YANG and the Parks Officer backed away and were on their phones/radio calling for assistance. The male charged Cst. YANG and stabbed her in the chest area with a knife. Cst. YANG struggled with the male and the Parks Officer came to her aid. Cst. YANG held his legs and the park officer attempted to provide restraint, and heard two muffled pops. The male said he’d been shot and to let him go. A second Parks Officer arrived and also began to assist, followed by a passerby who stopped his vehicle to assist. Cst. YANG lost consciousness and her pistol was returned to her…”

If you look him up, he had been living in a penthouse around knight/cambie until early 2021 when he was arrested, and then lived in a tent since.
Butterfly Effect

Also, Jongwon's Linkedin profile is still there. It really is a tragic story all around.

Here's his demo reel: https://vimeo.com/user32201308
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:22 PM   #3558
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
I don’t feel sorry for him whatsoever. There’s nothing tragic about his part. Fuck him
Old 10-24-2022, 06:19 AM   #3559
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
^it is tragic how he fell, but you're right. he could/should have dealt with it better. the support network is there, i guess he just didnt bother to seek it out. Or maybe he did and it didnt work, but either way living in a fucking tent makes no sense and neither does stabbing a poor woman who was just doing her job.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2022, 07:32 AM   #3560

Thanked 3,099 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^it is tragic how he fell, but you're right. he could/should have dealt with it better. the support network is there, i guess he just didnt bother to seek it out. Or maybe he did and it didnt work, but either way living in a fucking tent makes no sense and neither does stabbing a poor woman who was just doing her job.
"Support network" will give you the run around and eventually put you on some meds. The guy lived in a tent.. he wouldn't have been able to afford them anyway.
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #3561
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Another day, another mass shooting in the U.S.A. Two people are dead. Six people are injured.

One shooter kills a woman, and a teenager at high school in St. Louis, Missouri before the cops turn him into Swiss cheese.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...6f3c787331cd08

A gunman broke into a St. Louis high school Monday morning, fatally shooting a woman and a teenage girl and injuring six others before police killed him in an exchange of gunfire.

The shooting just after 9 a.m. at Central Visual and Performing Arts High School forced students to barricade doors and huddle in classroom corners, jump from windows and run out of the building to seek safety. One terrorized girl said she was eye-to-eye with the shooter before his gun apparently jammed and she was able to run out.

Speaking at a news conference, Police Commissioner Michael Sack said the shooter was about 20 years old but did not provide a name for him or his victims. He declined to say if the woman killed was a teacher.

Sack said security officials initially became alarmed when the man tried to get into the locked school building. He declined to say how the man eventually got inside, armed with what he described as a long gun.

St. Louis Schools Superintendent Kelvin Adams said seven security guards were in the school at the time, each at an entry point of the locked building.

Officers worked to get students out of the three-story brick building, then “ran to that gunfire, located that shooter and engaged that shooter in an exchange of gunfire," killing him, Sack said.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:04 AM   #3562
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Quote:
"Support network" will give you the run around and eventually put you on some meds. The guy lived in a tent.. he wouldn't have been able to afford them anyway.
I guarantee you he was approached numerous times before this to get support/move out of there.

If you ever take the Willingdon east bound on ramp, there is a similar situation with a guy there who’s been living there probably longer than this killer up the street. I’ve witnessed first hand cops going to his tent with what I would presume are “support” workers and he never moved in all those months.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #3563
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,374 Times in 1,227 Posts
It's really hard for men to accept "support" from people especially if you've been successful in the past. Society has drilled it into us from an early age that we need to be strong, self-sufficient and we're responsible for our own success. Reaching out for help is almost like admitting that you've failed and that somehow if you could lift yourself up from the depths of rock-bottom homelessness you can hold your head up higher than if you just asked for help.

It's a BS dichotomy of course and it's likely that he was a first-gen Korean immigrant so that type of ideology is probably even ingrained in him more.

That being said many of these really creative personality types are straddling the edge between genius and insanity. Shades of Vincent Van Gogh anyone?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2022, 09:04 PM   #3564
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That video is made by a guy who was kicked out of the BC liberal party for his extreme views and is funded by a guy who made billions selling yoga pants.

The people behind it.

https://pressprogress.ca/right-wing-...vers-homeless/
He basically copied what KOMO did years ago:

l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2022, 09:38 AM   #3565

Thanked 1,719 Times in 890 Posts
Rip

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6636341
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #3566

Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,896 Posts
Respect !! Very moving ... the sea of RCMP officers, Police, and First Responders.

whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 05:11 AM   #3567

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...WVdnV2lwZnlZTg

72 year old Asian man kills 10 in CNY celebration and then kills himself when cops approached

What a piece of shit. 72 years old. Holy crap. Act your fucking age and take your rage out at dim sum waitresses like Everyone else for fuck sakes.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:46 AM   #3568
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
That shooting hit close to home.

I have a lot of family living near Monterey Park, including family friends and whatnot. A day before the shooting, a family friend asked my aunt and uncle to come over for dinner for the next day but my aunt fell ill due to a cold. Needless to say, said family friend's house was just around the corner from the Star Ballroom where the shooting took place. Life is funny.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 06:51 AM   #3569

Yea not sure what's going on with the old people. Wasn't there another Taiwanese guy in his 50s shooting up people a few months back
Old 01-24-2023, 07:06 AM   #3570
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Another with a 68 year old near San Francisco and San Jose the day after
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 09:37 AM   #3571
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
^^^ yeah he killed 7 former coworkers jesus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64382598
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #3572

There was also a gas station shooting in Oakland
Old 01-24-2023, 10:12 AM   #3573

Another shooting just across the boarder at a gas station.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/3-killed-s...ry?id=96635522

Only a matter of time before some Canadians get shot cross boarder shopping.

This makes 37 or 38 mass shootings in 24 days. Good job America.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:15 AM   #3574

Sweet land of liberty...
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 12:25 PM   #3575

Need to get one of these for shopping in the states

https://www.tiktok.com/@mobile_mama/...94155284008238