REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:59 PM   #3826
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts

You get our of your car after you've done this, and the first thing you do is go check on your back seat belongings? lol
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2023, 02:03 PM   #3827
Performance Moderator

Look at the body language in this photo? The guy has his hood up, he's rushing to do something, he's obviously ignoring LOUD and CLEAR directions from police... this isn't a dude going to get shit to render aid to anyone.

Old 05-15-2023, 02:04 PM   #3828
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
It's an accident the point is the driver involved could be doing anything they're in shock

Your first inclination is to shoot? Wtf
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:04 PM   #3829

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Look at the body language in this photo? The guy has his hood up, he's rushing to do something, he's obviously ignoring LOUD and CLEAR directions from police... this isn't a dude going to get shit to render aid to anyone.

Did you see the video? They just got around the corner and fired loud n clear directions? They just arrived n fired

Edit: the cop that fired yelled "hey!" as he came around the car n fired immediately
Old 05-15-2023, 02:09 PM   #3830
Performance Moderator

You can hear what the officer is saying? First thing the cops say is GET DOWN ON THE GROUND and what does he do?

You also didn't see HOW he drove into the lot and hit the police vehicle. You keep saying it's an accident??? Is this at a traffic light? How do you know he didn't drive in and then aim at the police car and floor it as hard as he could? Is that still an "accident" or is it an attack?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2023, 02:18 PM   #3831
Performance Moderator

Here's the Duncan police detachment from above... if he went in the entrance, he had to drive the full length of the building, and if he was driving legally with no intent, he would need to make a left and then a sharp right and drive into the front of the spot that police vehicle was in. Given the angle of the collision above, he drove over the painted lines at high speed and creamed the Explorer on the front driver side corner and he had the entire length of the building to accelerate. This was a high speed collision, not a 10km/h parking incident or even a 30km/h bump.

OR... he drove in through the exit which is a 90 degree right off of Canada Ave and then accelerated HARD directly toward the spot the police vehicle is in. Given the force of the collision, I do not think he came in through the exit, too small a gap for that Mazda to get up enough momentum to push a 6,800lb Explorer police vehicle down an embankment. The angles are also all wrong... he definitely came in from the entrance in order to hit the Explorer on the driver side front corner.

Just an innocent little fender bender though right? lol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2023, 03:26 PM   #3832

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
You can hear what the officer is saying? First thing the cops say is GET DOWN ON THE GROUND and what does he do?
No he doesn't nowhere in the video does he say get on the ground, he says what sounds like "what's going on, HEY!" POW and he fires

Yes a car crashing into a parked vehicle is an accident or traffic collision

The officer isn't on scene for more than a second before he fires on the guy as the victim backs away from his vehicle

Which way the car came in? I dunno he could have driven in from the two roads as you pointed out, or he could've come in across from the garden area

Either way the officer already fired before he could eve get a look at the guy nor was the guy given any orders or time to comply
Old 05-15-2023, 03:29 PM   #3833
Performance Moderator

Is this guy your brother or something? Believe what you want I guess, it's very very very obviously an effort to hit/take out the police vehicle. The officer isn't saying "What's going on" it's the person taking the video or someone in the vicinity of the person taking the video. You can't hear what they're saying, it's a cell phone from a patio.

That's not a garden, there's a thick ass tree directly in his path (if he even came from that direction) along with other trees and it's not even flat.

Also that part of Canada Ave just barely becomes a 50km/h zone after a 30km/h roundabout zone... just a regular old accident.............
Old 05-15-2023, 03:52 PM   #3834

I'm thinking the cop who fired his gun is a buddy or relative of urs no I dunno anything ab them or the area

But regardless of why or how the guy collided with the car you don't just come on the scene n immediately open fire with a HEY
Old 05-15-2023, 10:53 PM   #3835
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 04:54 AM   #3836
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
if you look at the Google Maps picture 68style posted, the guy was clearly trying to make his way to McSweetiez scrapbooking store. Totally took a wrong turn thinking there was free parking. yeah.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2023, 11:59 AM   #3837
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
UnlN gangster killed in front of banquet hall.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...-vancouver-vpd
Old 06-20-2023, 07:18 AM   #3838
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Not sure what I should make of the recent news of the president of a Sikh temple (in Surrey) getting shot dead in his car while he was waiting in the temple's parking lot. There appears to be lots of different ways this person was associated with various things that could be related to the cause of the targeted shooting / assassination, and my knowledge about India-related issues is decidedly poor, so I am hoping I can turn to RS for a better understanding of this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...jjar-1.6880944
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:19 AM   #3839
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
Work with a couple sihk guys and they both said good riddance when they heard the news at lunch lol
Old 06-20-2023, 11:13 AM   #3840

This is the 3rd Sikh activist that has been killed in the last few weeks. One was killed in Pakistan, one mysteriously died in a UK hospital 24 hours after entering. Now this is the 3rd.

This was a meeting at the temple after the killing.

Old 06-20-2023, 12:52 PM   #3841

Kim Bolan is claiming there is an encrypted site online for contracting hits. Crazy if true.

Old 06-20-2023, 01:14 PM   #3842
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Manic as someone in the Sikh community (IIRC) what's your understanding of the accusations against this guy? On the right side of the people or extremist? He's kind of painted as both.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 03:44 PM   #3843
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
So is this equivalent to a priest getting shot?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:42 PM   #3844

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
No he was the president of the committee who runs the temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Manic as someone in the Sikh community (IIRC) what's your understanding of the accusations against this guy? On the right side of the people or extremist? He's kind of painted as both.
Never trust anything the Indian media/government says. In 2016 They accused him of running a terrorist training camp in BC. The government investigated and found nothing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...s-bc-1.3608111

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle30243555/

He was fighting for for a Sikh homeland but claiming he was a terrorist is B.S.
Right now there is a Khalistan Referendum going on around the world. Sikhs around the world are voting to see if they want a separate homeland. India has tried to do everything it can to stop it. He was organizing the Surrey vote.

Spoiler!

Most of the pro India and Sikh stuff you see posted online is by IT cells run by the Indian government. They are similar to Russian troll farms.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:46 PM   #3845
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,720 Times in 3,139 Posts
separate? you want Pakistan 2.0?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:58 PM   #3846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
They've wanted that for forever

Moreso now with Modi and his Hindu extremist supporters going crazy in india and globally, mainly against Muslims but also Sikhs
Old 06-20-2023, 06:10 PM   #3847
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Kim Bolan is claiming there is an encrypted site online for contracting hits. Crazy if true.
That's some John Wick shit right there.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:27 PM   #3848

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
https://asiasamachar.com/2020/09/07/33554/

Quote:
This is what the so-called father of India, Mohandas stated to the Sikhs, “I ask you to accept my word and the Resolution of the Congress that it will not betray a single individual much less a community. Let God be the witness of the bond that binds me and the Congress with you (the Sikhs).” When pressed further, Gandhi said that, “Sikhs would be justified in drawing their swords out of their scabbards as Guru Gobind Singh had asked them to, if Congress would renege on its commitment.” (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Young India, March 19, 1931).

It ended up being a complete farce and a lie, as any slick lawyer would, to convince a trusting audience.

Jawarhar Lal Nehru the first PM of India and also known as the so-called Uncle of the India promised the Sikhs, “The brave Sikhs of Punjab are entitled to special considerations. I see nothing wrong in an area set up in the North of India wherein, the Sikhs can also experience the glow of freedom.” (Jawahar Lal Nehru, Lahore Bulletin, Jan 9, 1930).

Immediately after independence of modern India all the states were to be divided based on the local languages. Every state got its due except for Punjab and a movement was started by the right-wing Hindus to deny their own (Punjabi) language so as to keep the status quo, with the innate fear that if Sikhs ruled Punjab, somehow Hindus will be in an inferior position, thanks to their caste mentality.

Nehru an extremely glib lawyer and a Brahmin conveniently changed his mind, forgot all his previous public solemn promises and said, “Kya main taqat dushman (the enemy – the Sikhs) ke haath main de dun (How can I entrust power into the hands of the enemies).” Jawarhar Lal Nehru, 1961.
Hindu nationalists have taken over India and believe they are superior to everyone else.

check out this video

https://www.tiktok.com/@ak_media47/v...00314644122906

The Modi government has IT cells that are used to spread propaganda online and attack anyone that does not agree with the government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BJP_IT_Cell
https://progressive.international/wi...a-modis-bjp/en

Old 06-22-2023, 10:49 AM   #3849
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Hindutva terrorism is a growing threat that has largely been ignored by the West. It's only a matter of time before these groups carry out full blown terrorist attacks against non-Hindu groups in India.

They're no different from Islamic terrorists, but one advantage Hindutva groups have is the support they receive from the PM of India. It's very scary.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2023, 01:57 PM   #3850

There were Hindu disturbances? I guess you could call it that in the USA during this past Ramadan where individuals went into mosques to disturb eid prayers and that's the USA!

Can't imagine what's going on in India, have heard a lot about gangs of people killing Muslims for transporting cows that are assumed to be for slaughter