REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #601
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBite View Post
The first week I moved to Vancouver, I came out of superstore and heard 3 gun shots. Two days later, I realized I moved into a gang neighborhood. For four months I heard over 12 different shots. So we moved to Burnaby mountain, a month later I woke up to 7 gun shots from a targeted hit in my apartment building... week before that some woman stabbed her husband to death a few floors below me. So we moved to Coquitlam, 2 blocks away, 2 targeting shooting followed by some retard bustin off 12 shots and hitting no one. I have no reason to move again but come on... I have been here for a year and a half... where are the places that don't hear gun shots?
Where is this gang neighbourhood that you first lived in?
Advertisement
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #602
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
im gonna take a wild guess and say its either the superstore on marine so south vancouver that or the one on granview perhaps skeena area?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #603
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

ive lived in low income/ghetto type places for 20 years, abby/mission/chilliwack/ and only heard gun shots twice. I lived in Calgary for 6 months and heard shots 3 different times.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #604
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

lived in surrey for the majority of my life, havent heard a gun shot but seen some people stabbed
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #605
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Your chances of dying in a car accident are greater then getting hit by a stray bullet..
Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #606
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
The first week I moved to Vancouver, I came out of superstore and heard 3 gun shots. Two days later, I realized I moved into a gang neighborhood. For four months I heard over 12 different shots. So we moved to Burnaby mountain, a month later I woke up to 7 gun shots from a targeted hit in my apartment building... week before that some woman stabbed her husband to death a few floors below me. So we moved to Coquitlam, 2 blocks away, 2 targeting shooting followed by some retard bustin off 12 shots and hitting no one. I have no reason to move again but come on... I have been here for a year and a half... where are the places that don't hear gun shots?
Holy fuck you kept moving just cause of a some targeted incidents trhat had nothing to do w/ you? Christ allmighty.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #607
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanNsupreme View Post
Holy fuck you kept moving just cause of a some targeted incidents trhat had nothing to do w/ you? Christ allmighty.
I see nothing wrong with wanting to live in a safe neighborhood
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #608
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
http://www.news1130.com/more.jsp?con...19_003320_8456

Quote:
More gun violence in Metro Vancouver
No one believed to be hurt in latest incident

John Streit/The Province Newspaper VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) | Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 9:30 pm VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Just after 7 p.m.Wednesday, Vancouver police responded to several 911 calls of shots fired in Yaletown.

Inspector Eric Grummisch says police spoke to witnesses and found a number of shell casings in the area. So far, nothing was found to have been hit.

Witnesses also told police the incident may have involved a dark SUV and a grey pick-up truck.

In the meantime, two people are in hospital after a double stabbing in Surrey. It reportedly happened near Guildford Mall, at 100th Avenue and 149th Street. RCMP told The Province Newspaper there was a group of young people in the area before a fight broke out. Conditions of the victims have not been released.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #609
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It was only a matter of time before a shooting happen in Yaletown. Yaletown is crawling with scum on the weekends.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 AM   #610
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
It was only a matter of time before a shooting happen in Yaletown. Yaletown is crawling with scum on the weekends.

Scum as in, Ed Hardy wearing gangsters?

There are no arrests, ever, because the cops are paid off. At this point, I think we can be sure of it.

6 billion+ dollar industry and no cops paid off? Extremely unlikely. Just how far up the corruption goes is anyone's guess.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #611

Yup, that's the scum i'm talking about but I've noticed that most of them are ditching the Ed Hardy type t-shirts and moving up to dress shirts with dragons, skulls and other mythological designs.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #612
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Yup, that's the scum i'm talking about but I've noticed that most of them are ditching the Ed Hardy type t-shirts and moving up to dress shirts with dragons, skulls and other mythological designs.

Haha, oh yes, dragons and skulls, tres chic.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #613

Quote:
SURREY (NEWS1130) - R.C.M.P. are on the scene of a fatal shooting in Surrey at this hour. It’s believed one person was fatally shot earlier this morning in Hi-Knoll Park.

Witnesses report seeing a body lying beside a silver or tan-coloured van in the parking lot of the park.

Mounties have 50th Ave. (Colebrook Rd) shut down between 192 Ave. and 200th St. while they investigate.
http://www.news1130.com/more.jsp?con...19_101034_7876
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #614
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
http://www.news1130.com/more.jsp?con...19_101034_7876

Quote:
UPDATE: Langley man shot to death in parking lot at Surrey-Langley border
Police say it appears to be a targeted shooting
Lyle Fisher SURREY/LANGLEY (NEWS1130) 2009-03-19 15:02

Body lies under tarp beside van in Surrey (Photo courtesy Cory Burke) SURREY/LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - RCMP and the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) are now confirming that a body found this morning at Hi-Knoll Park at the Surrey-Langley border was a shooting victim. So far police will only say a 33 year old man from Langley is the victim, and the shooting 'has the signature of being targeted'.

People living in the area reported hearing shots around 3:30 a.m., and a passer-by found a body around 6 a.m. in the parking lot of the park at 50th Ave. (Colebrook Rd) near 196th Street. When police arrived they found the body of a man lying next to a beige mini-van.

IHIT says so far, they have not made any conclusive links to drugs, gangs or organized crime, and the victim is not known to police. Investigators are attempting to locate next of kin to advise them of the death.

Police will be conducting a canvass of people in the neighbourhood, and the E Division Dive Team will be conducting a search of the marsh area near the crime scene.

RCMP have (Colebrook Rd) shut down between 192 Ave. and 196 St. while they investigate.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #615

Quote:
Alleged gangster Dennis Karbovanec moves out of Port Moody

ID's from left to right: Michael Jackman, Cody Haevischer, Matthew Campbell (partly hidden) James Kyle Bacon, Kevin LeClair, Jonathan Bacon, and Dennis Karbovanec.

A man linked to the Red Scorpions who has been followed by Port Moody police for more than a month to ensure public safety has moved out of the community.

Mayor Joe Trasolini confirmed in an interview that Dennis Karbovanec moved away from Port Moody Wednesday and notified the police department as required by his bail conditions on a series of fraud charges.

Karbovanec's associate Jonathan Bacon is still living in Port Moody, but also expected to move shortly.

"I am relieved and the residents of Port Moody are very relieved," Trasolini said of Karbovanec's departure. "The community of Port Moody is safe and I said from the beginning that these individuals are not welcome here."

He said he has not been told where Karbovanec has moved.

Last month, the mayor and police officials publicly warned that Karbovanec was living in their community and anyone around him could be at risk because he had been targeted by rivals.

Trasolini said Thursday that his residents have been very patient and vigilant during the difficult two months since Karbovanec came to town.

"I really want to acknowledge the residents," he said.

The close associate of the Bacon brothers was shot Dec. 31, but survived and refused to cooperate with police.

Karbovanec is out on bail in the fraud case as well as a series of gun charges laid after Abbotsford police stopped him in October and allegedly found a loaded handgun with silencer in a secret compartment in his vehicle.

He was wearing body armour.

The two younger Bacon brothers - Jarrod and Jamie - are also out on bail and living at their parents' Abbotsford home.

All four men have been tailed by marked and unmarked police vehicles for two months because of an escalation in Metro Vancouver's gang war that has led to several of their associates being targeted.

Associate Kevin LeClair was gunned down Feb. 6 in Langley and another close friend, Tyler Willock, was shot at Feb. 16 in Surrey and later beaten with a sledge hammer. He remains in hospital.

The Bacons and their Red Scorpion associates have been targeted by the UN gang since at least last spring when police issued the first public warning to steer clear of the gangsters in public settings.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/All...149/story.html
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #616
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
hahahaha all those guys look the exact same
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #617
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
This one sounded like they just needed shooting practice and picked him.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #618
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
how many dd's do you know?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #619
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
lol @ you for being a retard. Would you choose to stay in an area where gang fights happen on your front lawn? and shootings occur frequently? Are you going to be a tough guy and do something about that? Sorry bro, I am not down to watch my gf hide in a closet worrying about getting shot while I watch the front door to make sure no one tries anything crazy. That was a real happy day at my house. For 15 years you must of been hiding under a rock, let me guess... you play wow? xD I am not worried about targeted shootings, I am worried about my family. So I do what I have to do. If you cannot respect that then I have nothing else to say to you.

You people amaze me sometimes.
you are an idiot.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
how many dd's do you know?
I only know 1, my pharmacist.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #621
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Chilliwack RCMP are investigating an apparent drive-by shooting at Earl's Restaurant at the Cottonwood Mall overnight.

Neighbours reported hearing shots fired around 4 a.m.

Employees arrived at 7 a.m. to find the restaurant's front door had been shot at several times.

Mounties say it's too early to tell if the restaurant was deliberately targeted.

Anyone with information is asked to police.

At least eight bullets were fired into the front entrance of Earl's sometime Friday morning and a warning to Bar Watch members scrawled on to a back wall of the restaurant.

"Bar Watch members will die, 1 down, 1 2 go," the spray painted message read.

Raffaele Aiello, general manager at Earl's, has not yet commented on the incident.

Other members of Bar Watch could not be reached at this time.

Last edited by winks; 03-20-2009 at 12:37 PM.
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #622
Banned By Establishment

This has been going on now for, how long?

All this tough talk coming from politicians and cops has resulted in what, 0 arrests?

Oh wait, they arrested a couple guys for a few hours. Haha.

Fucking pathetic. So many cops are paid off and these guys walk around like they own the place.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #623
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
There was just a shooting downtown right now, Homer and Dunsmir.

edit** now they saying it was a police shooting a homeless guy with a knife now.

Last edited by 7seven; 03-20-2009 at 11:04 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #624
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
^I saw someone get impaled with a pipe when I was 6-7 in Chinatown. I just remember 2 men chasing this guy, he stopped at the stop sign and one of the guys shoved a long metal pipe thing, at that point my family had covered my eyes and I was being carried outta there.

So are you saying what I've been hearing the past few years are not fireworks/firecrackers or a car that needs to be badly fixed???
Holy crap...impaled with a pipe? thats straight outta young and dangerous.
mas604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
Chilliwack RCMP are investigating an apparent drive-by shooting at Earl's Restaurant at the Cottonwood Mall overnight.

Neighbours reported hearing shots fired around 4 a.m.

Employees arrived at 7 a.m. to find the restaurant's front door had been shot at several times.

Mounties say it's too early to tell if the restaurant was deliberately targeted.

Anyone with information is asked to police.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

i live within a block of that, this shit is finally hitting chilliwack!
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote