REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Proof that there's a gang war going on in Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565052-proof-theres-gang-war-going-vancouver.html)

Jason00S2000 02-17-2009 03:37 PM

Proof that there's a gang war going on in Vancouver

Checklist for determining if there is a gangwar in Vancouver:

1. Cops standing around clueless
2. People taking dirtnaps daily
3. No arrests made
4. Politicians talking tough

MyPresIzBlack 02-17-2009 04:16 PM

Check, Check, Check and... Check.

Im strapping up. Group buy on straps?

murd0c 02-17-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPresIzBlack (Post 6286031)
Check, Check, Check and... Check.

Im strapping up. Group buy on straps?

you forgot vests as well

Jason00S2000 02-17-2009 04:21 PM

Naaa.... people like us don't have to worry, really. I mean, the statistical chance of getting shot is probably still lower than getting killed by a street racer, and far, far lower than by a drunk driver.

I don't know if the cops should even crack down on this, I mean, what motivates the gangsters?

Obviously not killing people, or they'd be serial killers instead...

...could it be... money?

Where do they get this money? Hmm?

I hope the shootings continue and escalate, personally.

MyPresIzBlack 02-17-2009 04:28 PM

Youre right, its all fine and dandy that the gangster are shooting each other up. Let them. But its only a matter of time before some gets killed in the cross fire. Like that shooting in langley in broad daylight near IGA. Think about all those moms shopping with their kids.

Harvey Specter 02-17-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 (Post 6285968)
Checklist for determining if there is a gangwar in Vancouver:

1. Cops standing around clueless
2. People taking dirtnaps daily
3. No arrests made
4. Politicians talking tough

+1.

iwantaskyline 02-17-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 (Post 6286038)
Naaa.... people like us don't have to worry, really. I mean, the statistical chance of getting shot is probably still lower than getting killed by a street racer, and far, far lower than by a drunk driver.

I don't know if the cops should even crack down on this, I mean, what motivates the gangsters?

...could it be... money?

And you don't think this doesn't bring fear into the majority of the families in the Metro Vancouver area? People are going to get scared and not want to go out anymore. Not going out = less shoppers = an even shittier BC economy. I don't know about you but I don't want this recession to get any worst in the Lower Mainland.

Tim Budong 02-17-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

...could it be... money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 6286048)
And you don't think this doesn't bring fear into the majority of the families in the Metro Vancouver area? People are going to get scared and not want to go out anymore. Not going out = less shoppers = an even shittier BC economy. I don't know about you but I don't want this recession to get any worst in the Lower Mainland.

and both of you have a good opinion towards the matter. Cops only say, target/subject is "known to police"...so that means...nothing...yea..u can change the justice system, but after all these shootings, are these people whipping out pistols and semi automatics care? You can lock up 1000 people, and there will be another 1000 ready. Having these issues escalate means more attention will be brought forth to the government to consider reallocating some of the money to stop the turf wars. 13 shootings in 16 days and all we hear is, the members are known to the police from the police..i want to hear the government say something.

yea, people will go out less when more of this garbage escalates, but after sooo many shootings, what have the police or government done to keep our minds at peace and allow us to feel safe? NOTHING

so around 3:30pm...another shooting by 54th/fraser... VERY RESIDENTIAL AREA. and very close to DT High...

Unless the government does something with how the RCMP/VPD is funded on these latest incidents. We will continue to hear the same FUCKING line...

"yes the victim(s) were known to the police"

Alphamale 02-17-2009 04:52 PM

B.C. needs to claim "state of emergency" and pop a curfew on us bitches. Let the SWAT roam the night. Done and done.

Police State FTW.

Berzerker 02-17-2009 04:56 PM

5. Sudden increase in FS: Range Rover ads on Craigslist

The trouble I'm guessing... is that the cops KNOW who is doing all this but the burden of proof is what's stopping them from making arrests. The victims not co-operating and wanting to handle things on their own terms doesn't exactly help the police either.

Berz out.

Volvo-brickster 02-17-2009 05:00 PM

To eliminate this problem...

Gangs need to carry staplers not guns. The Tazer happy RCMP will be on them faster than flies on shit.

Also, the Translink police then need to be told that the gangsters are fare evaders and they too will tazer the shit out of them too.

Problem solved.

Armind 02-17-2009 05:06 PM

^ No man, they need to carry super soakers!

RRxtar 02-17-2009 05:16 PM

like chris rock said, they need to increase the price of bullets to like $50,000. then at least you KNOW the guy who got hit had it coming to him.

threezero 02-17-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6286132)
like chris rock said, they need to increase the price of bullets to like $50,000. then at least you KNOW the guy who got hit had it coming to him.

what a great idea. after 1 kill most gang will be broke seeing how gangster don't know how to aim.

bossxx 02-17-2009 05:50 PM

IMO, the police are responsible for amount of gun violence this year.

azzurro32 02-17-2009 05:53 PM

I dont think tougher sentencing will do anything. If someone is risking 5 years for a crime, they will continue risking any increasing in sentences. These people have a different train of thought. They just dont give a fuck.

So with that said, I know there is no chance of this happening, but they should create a special tasks force which finds these already known gangster, kidnaps them, and beats the living shit out of them. Harass them. Hurt them. Rob them. Straight up torture. And automatic life sentence for gang shootings in public.

But ofcourse this wont happen, cause these people are protected from the very same law they are breaking.

+Kardboard+ 02-17-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6286132)

+1 lol

Seriously though, I'm not even sure where to begin with these people. Can they be reasoned with? Nope. Are they deterred by common measures, the justice system? Nope. Do they have regard for common, human decency? Nope.

They gotta do something two-pronged, one to curb the actual shootings and mop up the present and two, something to prevent groups like these from rising up to help the future. I know I'm an idealist, but what else do you do?

cookies 02-17-2009 06:33 PM

chris rock also mentioned that there would be less need for doctors.. as they will pull the bullets out of the victims body themselves..

Ferra 02-17-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

...could it be... money?

Problem is, even if no innocents get hurt in the crossfire, crimes like these erodes the values of the housing in the neighborhood

sucks to be the homeowners in one the neighborhood where all these shits are happening...

Death2Theft 02-17-2009 07:01 PM

Shit maybe that kid that lost his mom could grow up to be Frank Castle. That would be badass!!

Chuck Norris 02-17-2009 07:17 PM

If you raise the penalty, you don't stop things from happening. What you do is increase the price of what people are doing. If growing weed became a crime punishable by death do you think there would be no more weed out there?

There would be lots, but it would be super fucking expensive.

Gridlock 02-17-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redliine (Post 6286174)
IMO, the police are responsible for amount of gun violence this year.

Why do you say that?

alex.w *// 02-17-2009 09:01 PM

i think the public should be able to buy body armor, so innocent ppl won't be injured

Volvo-brickster 02-17-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.w *// (Post 6286669)
i think the public should be able to buy body armor, so innocent ppl won't be injured

BANG HEADSHOT !

yuusha 02-17-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 6286032)
you forgot vests as well

Fuck vests, I won't need them with my CS 1.5/1.6 headshot skills. They won't even get a chance to fire a bullet!