REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #3051
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Will seth be as good as steph? Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #3052
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
Will seth be as good as steph? Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Better
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #3053

I hope he goes on a uptempo team like the knicks or suns!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #3054
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
wow, what a game, tune the fck in guys yall are missing what college ball is all about !
barff college ball, why watch a sport when you're not watching the best
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #3055

Only if knicks got jennings that year
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #3056

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
barff college ball, why watch a sport when you're not watching the best
You're joking right? Like seriously, you have to be kidding me...

College ball and NBA isn't even the same sport....NBA involves bunch of superstars playing in isolation, College ball requires real strategy and play-making. It's a real team sport and when games are close, it is FAR more exciting to watch...

March Madness is the best time of the year. There is truly nothing I look more forward to in terms of sports.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #3057

Quote:
Only if knicks got jennings that year
Posted via RS Mobile
Posted via RS Mobile
Jennings is so bad, he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if he tried.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #3058

Funny guy jennings is thhe shit
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #3059

Quote:
Funny guy jennings is thhe shit
Posted via RS Mobile
Dude....he shoots 38% from the field while taking 15 shots per game................
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #3060
Banned (ABWS)

Big Ten basketball is teh shittz.

^By the way, not everything is about statistics.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #3061

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Big Ten basketball is teh shittz.

^By the way, not everything is about statistics.
Yeah, you're right, it's about efficiency, and 38% shooting on 15 shots per game is anything but efficient.....
Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #3062
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post

College ball and NBA isn't even the same sport....NBA involves bunch of superstars playing in isolation, College ball requires real strategy and play-making. It's a real team sport and when games are close, it is FAR more exciting to watch...

March Madness is the best time of the year. There is truly nothing I look more forward to in terms of sports.
QFT, couldn't have said it better.

to be honest, college ball > nba
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #3063

Jennings is returning from a broken foot injury with his style of play its gonna take a while for him to get back into his old self
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #3064
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I just can't get over how much better and how different the college atmosphere is compared to NBA games.

I mean to have thousands of fans painted in your school colors, all on the verge of insanity, it's unreal... these people live and breathe their teams...
and then you got your marching bands, etc.... it's nuts, home crowds in NBA aren't even on the same scale as college

and yea as far as the NBA game usually what starts as a set play, but more often than not tends to turn out with the superstar doing his own thing.
There is only a handful of teams in the league who execute as a team and really play as a team, and unfortunately those teams are considered lame and unexciting, lol, take the Spurs for example....
even when they won their championships everyone was like, blehhh, spurs are gheeeey
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #3065

Quote:
Jennings is returning from a broken foot injury with his style of play its gonna take a while for him to get back into his old self
Posted via RS Mobile
........His old self was shooting 38% from the field on 15 shots per game........he did the EXACT same thing last season...You guys are too influenced by the media. Guy blows up for 50 points over the worst defensive team in the league and all of a sudden he's "the shit"....

I would take at least 6 guys from Jennings' draft class over Jennings: Blake, Tyreke, Curry, DeRozan, Holiday, Collison.

I would argue that Blair, Rubio, and Lawson are all probably better than him, but just haven't been given the green light like Jennings has been given.

Last edited by n0ob; 02-09-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #3066

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
There is only a handful of teams in the league who execute as a team and really play as a team, and unfortunately those teams are considered lame and unexciting, lol, take the Spurs for example....
even when they won their championships everyone was like, blehhh, spurs are gheeeey
Totally agree. There are still a few teams that do play this style, especially the young teams that have a number of solid developing players. The Thunder really displayed it last season (not so sure about this season) and the Clippers are doing it this season for the most part.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #3067

Noob do you even play basketball yourself?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #3068

Quote:
........His old self was shooting 38% from the field on 15 shots per game........he did the EXACT same thing last season...You guys are too influenced by the media. Guy blows up for 50 points over the worst defensive team in the league and all of a sudden he's "the shit"....

I would take at least 6 guys from Jennings' draft class over Jennings: Blake, Tyreke, Curry, DeRozan, Holiday, Collison.
You mean.. you would take Holiday and Collison over Jennings?...cuz there's no way you can take the other 4 as they were taken BEFORE the bucks pick.. and you'd take Collison over Jennings?

And why are you making fun of his %? it was his first year last year and this year, he is battling injury...

John wall is shooting 37% this year, I guess he sucks too eh....
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #3069
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:

trueeeeee

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #3070

Quote:
Noob do you even play basketball yourself?
Posted via RS Mobile
Nice question, Yes, I've played 2 years at the post-secondary level. How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
You mean.. you would take Holiday and Collison over Jennings?...cuz there's no way you can take the other 4 as they were taken BEFORE the bucks pick.. and you'd take Collison over Jennings?

And why are you making fun of his %? it was his first year last year and this year, he is battling injury...

John wall is shooting 37% this year, I guess he sucks too eh....
I give exception for poor fg% and bad turnover to assist ratio to rookie point gaurds. Jennings has shown NO signs of improvement. Moreover, Wall hands out almost twice as many dimes as Jennings does. BTW, Wall's shooting 40% from the field, not the 37% you claim, and yet he still takes fewer shots than Jennings.

And you keep saying he's battled injury this season but that has hardly had any effect on his numbers, he's played like 3 games after injury. What about the other 25 games?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #3071

Quote:

I give exception for poor fg% and bad turnover to assist ratio to rookie point gaurds. Jennings has shown NO signs of improvement. Moreover, Wall hands out almost twice as many dimes as Jennings does. BTW, Wall's shooting 40% from the field, not the 37% you claim, and yet he still takes fewer shots than Jennings.

And you keep saying he's battled injury this season but that has hardly had any effect on his numbers, he's played like 3 games after injury. What about the other 25 games?
lol.. when I typed that it was 37% for Wall (based on nba.com).. I guess his 5-9 shooting last night boosts it 3%.. John wall takes fewer shots because he SUCKS at shooting RIGHT now (we'll see how he improves)..I bet you 40% is mostly from layups/dunks..

Sure Jennings has bad % but you haven't even given him a shot to improve and you talk like he just plain sucks. Scoring 50 alone is tough...yet alone doing it on in NBA.. shows that you have some talent...

Plus, he's only what? 21? 22?
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #3072
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

poor talent, all they do is launch 3s and jumpers, whereas the nba, players actually have the talent to take advantage of their defender and get to the hole, defense is a lot easier to play in college, but the most complex defense is in the NBA, the defense rules are a bit better in college

most of the teams in the nba play a style or in a system, lakers celtics spurs bulls, each have their strengths, especially during playoffs when every play matters

it's more logical to rely on stars to carry teams, since they have the advantage every time

but bottom line, why watch a sport if you're not watching the best
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
but bottom line, why watch a sport if you're not watching the best
Like I said, it's NOT the same sport. NBA relies heavily on individual talent, whereas college ball relies heavily on teamwork and strategy.

If you call giving the ball to LeBron James and letting him do his thing 1on1 or 1on2 and only dish it out to good shooters only once he gets triple teamed "strategy" or "a system" in comparison to what goes on at the college level, then so be it.

But I said it before, and I'll say it again, there is nothing more exciting than close NCAA D1 games. And there is no greater sporting event to watch than March Madness (Well maybe the World Cup).
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #3074

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
lol.. when I typed that it was 37% for Wall (based on nba.com).. I guess his 5-9 shooting last night boosts it 3%.. John wall takes fewer shots because he SUCKS at shooting RIGHT now (we'll see how he improves)..I bet you 40% is mostly from layups/dunks..
So you mean he doesn't shoot as much because he knows he sucks at shooting right now? He sticks to lay-ups and dunks because he knows he sucks at shooting right now? Sounds like a smart player to me, I'd rather have that then someone not realizing that he needs to work on his shot before he starts throwing up 15 shots per game at 37%....

Yes, the potential is there for Jennings, but RIGHT NOW, he sucks.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #3075

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ Liu well if you're a true sports fan and enthusiast of a certain game, can you really call yourself that if you only watch the game from one aspect.
I'm not saying hey go watch some high school chicks play, but I'd think that the top collegiate level is at least interesting, you know the future of the league?
I been watching D league, Euro ball, NCAA as long as I been a basketball player which is over 10 years now I find they all have their advantages over the other, but I do agree with you when you say watch the best (NBA) but like I said if you're passionate about the game, then no way are you gonna just limit yourself to watching the top tier.
And like you you will catch me watching NBA games over any other level on most nights, but I love my ball at the end of the day no matter who's playing.

NBA is the most fun to watch you're 100% right, but I would encourage you to start seeing a few games this upcoming march madness, at least catch the final four, and if you don't like that then I'm sorry but you don't like the game of basketball. Over the last few weeks I cant count how many college classics I've seen on the Big 10 channel, where they play some of the most memorable college games that include current NBA stars. Like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and yesterday watching Devin Harris, seeing those guys in their college years is extremely interesting.

One thing that is interesting is that they are not as dominant in college as they are in the NBA, which if you're an outsider looking at the game would seem strange since the NBA level is much more competitive and players are better , but if you really know what Div 1 college ball is about then you know the real reason for this..

hell I had a tournament at SFU the other month and I walked past the main gym saw the girls practice taking place and I just sat there watching for half an hour it was interesting to watch