REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #7826
Need my Daily Fix of RS

8816_21467_PDN2vCXFO0lVzrp_1.jpg

heard a couple funny nickname for them....

3 men and a baby
Fantastic 4 (pau is the invisible woman).
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #7827
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronimo View Post
Attachment 12891

heard a couple funny nickname for them....

3 men and a baby
Fantastic 4 (pau is the invisible woman).
lol pretty funny and i wouldn't even inclue pau as a big atm he wayyyy to soft and all the highlight and spotlight gonna belong to howard as a big man so only big 3 not big 4
bnguyen220 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #7828
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Hate these stupid memes because they are usually created by the most retarded people....Miami got Ray Allen........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnguyen220 View Post
lol pretty funny and i wouldn't even inclue pau as a big atm he wayyyy to soft and all the highlight and spotlight gonna belong to howard as a big man so only big 3 not big 4
You're stupid if you think Pau is still 'soft'....It's not his fault Mike Brown had him positioned near the 3point line all of this past season....He has arguably the most refined post moves in the league btw...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #7829
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Bballguy just beat me by posting about gasol. He played GREAT in the gold medal game and imo that should give him even more confidence for the coming season which would be great for the lakers
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #7830

Quote:
Lol. Awesome. I Cant seriously wait to see these guys on the court together.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #7831
Need my Daily Fix of RS

good article on recent nba draft pick Bernard James who's 27 years old. A high school dropout, he joined the military and served 6 years, spending time in Iraq, Qatar and Afghanistan, then went back to school, earned a degree and now got drafted.

FSU's James, 27, ready to work in NBA

The Dallas Mavericks' 27-year-old draft pick and Air Force veteran Bernard James is not your typical NBA player - Grantland
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #7832
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
IMO, Pau is even better then Bosh, so if everyone can label Miami the big 3, I don't see a problem with classifying Gasol as the 4th in Lala Lands Fantastic 4.

If Artest stops goofing around and defends the perimeter like I know he is capable of this team is downright SCARY. He won't have to worry at all about chipping in offensively (maybe a few open 3s from Nash's playmaking) with so many weapons. Also with Dwight holding down the fort on the inside he can take play more tight and take some chances too.

Sliding Antawn Jamison to the 3 would be feasible too and let Artest go wild on the 2nd unit. Damn it's great to be a Los Angelas basketball fan right now ... Clippers are up and coming too.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #7833

No way Jamison starts over peace. Theyd need his D against the top opposing player. And jamison can lead the scoring for the 2nd unit. Plus they did try peace as the 6th man and it failed.

Plus Kobe loved how peace played during the playoffs so I'm sure he would want him starting and go to war.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #7834

The LA Vs. Miami showdowns are going to be so interesting, because there are so many mismatches now.....Let's take a look at each team's strongest 5 and how they could match-up...

STEVE NASH
DWYANE WADE

KOBE BRYANT
RAY ALLEN

RON ARTEST
Vs.
LeBRON JAMES

PAU GASOL
RASHARD LEWIS

DWIGHT HOWARD
CHRIS BOSH

Given those line-ups, which I would say is the best possible line-up for either team, let's see what the match-ups would look like:

LA
Nash would most likely guard Ray Allen
Kobe would most likely guard Dwyane Wade
Artest would most likely guard LeBron James
Gasol would most likely guard Rashard Lewis
Howard would most likely guard Chris Bosh

Nash would probably do fine on Allen, as he more often is resorting to a long to mid-range game now rather than driving to the hoop so much at this stage in his career.

Kobe will do a decent job on Wade, but Wade would, more often than not, get his own, as good offense beats good defence.

Again, Artest guarding LeBron doesn't matter, because will LeBron will get his own no matter who is guarding him.

Now this is where we get into large mis-matches...
Rashard Lewis is a guy who could definitely use some work on his post game, but the fact that he can play there, extend to the 3point line, and comfortable drive by less agile defenders makes him a large mis-match to a guy is not nearly as agile, like Pau...

Bosh creates a similar mis-match, in that he can play in the low-post but would have to resort to playing more of a mid-range game against a much larger defender in Dwight. Bosh should really have no problem pitching in, as he's always seemed to get his whenever he has matched up with Dwight in the past.

MIA
Wade would most likely guard Steve Nash
Allen would most likely guard Kobe Bryant
James would most likely guard Ron Artest
Lewis would most likely guard Pau Gasol
Bosh would most likely guard Dwight Howard

Wade shouldn't have a problem staying in front of the smaller, but older, Steve Nash. That said, Nash will still find a way to distribute, though you have to wonder how efficiently he would be able to do so, with guys as athletic as James and Wade being so quick to get into the passing lanes.

Allen would do a decent job on Kobe, but, so long as Kobe doesn't start being a ball-hog, he should be able to get his in an efficient manner.

James will have no issues guarding Artest. In fact, having James be the one to guard Artest is actually a luxury. James has the ability to roam a bit loosely on the defensive end, while being athletic enough to recover and get to his man to contest a shot.

Again, this is when we start getting into large mis-matches.
Gasol should be able to get his on the smaller Rashard Lewis. Lewis would do a good job of defending Gasol in the high post/mid-range, but Gasol, being as skilled as he is down low, will do a great job getting his in the low post. One might argue that Gasol would still get his mid-range looks against Lewis because Lewis will be forced to go help on Dwight, but I don't think that's the case.

Dwight should be able to get his down low, but I don't think it will nearly as easy as some people think, unless it's from Nash tossing him alley-oops. If Dwight gets the ball down low, LeBron would be the most likely candidate to come over and help. Miami was the best team in the league last year at doubling down-low, while being organized enough and athletic enough to recover when the ball was kicked out to the 3point line. I see a similar situation happening with Dwight.

Anyway, this is just my brief overview of how I'd see things going down...Obviously, there are bench players to help out with mis-matches, but it really seems like a toss-up when you compare the match-ups.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #7835

i think Wade gonna guard Bryant my guess Wade and Bron drive it to the basketball look for Allen or Lewis to pop that 3 if not they could take it hard to the basket and get an and one like usual(Lebron) for LA Nash-Howard pick and roll= possively unstoppable and Dwight grab the offensive board probably gonna take it up strong or kick it out to kobe/nash and gasol well i dont follow him much since mike brown keep put him near 3 points line like bballguy said so im thinking it the same thing with pau-nash like howard-nash but i said Heats would win cause their much faster and younger once their on the fast break it hard to stop them
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #7836
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Bosh won't be able to guard Howard in a low post iso. Is Howard a good passer for a big man? He would have many options to kick out including Gasol who could hit the 10-15 ft J.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #7837

I personally don't think wade Allen lebron Lewis bosh wud be the starting 5 (but then again they'll be in the east so I guess that cud work)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #7838

kinda agree with 411 ken i still said start gonna be

Chalmer-Sub is Norris Cole
Wade-Sub is Allen
Lebron-Sub is Shane Battie
Lewis/Bosh- these two can rotate
Bosh/Haslem/Anthony(i doubt it Anthony lol)

but i guess the whole
Wade
Allen
Lebron
Lewis
Bosh
is good for east size probably wont work against most of big team on west like Thunders and Lakers
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #7839

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I personally don't think wade Allen lebron Lewis bosh wud be the starting 5 (but then again they'll be in the east so I guess that cud work)
Quote:
kinda agree with 411 ken i still said start gonna be

Chalmer-Sub is Norris Cole
Wade-Sub is Allen
Lebron-Sub is Shane Battie
Lewis/Bosh- these two can rotate
Bosh/Haslem/Anthony(i doubt it Anthony lol)

but i guess the whole
Wade
Allen
Lebron
Lewis
Bosh
is good for east size probably wont work against most of big team on west like Thunders and Lakers
I never claimed it would be the starting line-up, I said it was the strongest line-up. As for that line-up, you could argue it would be too small for teams like the Lakers and the Thunder, but you could also argue that it's too quick and athletic for the Lakers and Thunder....Don't forget, Miami was small this past year too at the PF/C positions, but they seemed to do just fine by making up for it in other categories....

Last edited by bballguy; 08-16-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #7840
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Pippen. What a guy...

1992 Dream Team To Be Part Of 'NBA 2K13,' But Without Scottie Pippen | Game Time
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #7841

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Bosh won't be able to guard Howard in a low post iso. Is Howard a good passer for a big man? He would have many options to kick out including Gasol who could hit the 10-15 ft J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Bosh creates a similar mis-match, in that he can play in the low-post but would have to resort to playing more of a mid-range game against a much larger defender in Dwight. Bosh should really have no problem pitching in, as he's always seemed to get his whenever he has matched up with Dwight in the past.

One might argue that Gasol would still get his mid-range looks against Lewis because Lewis will be forced to go help on Dwight, but I don't think that's the case.

Dwight should be able to get his down low, but I don't think it will nearly as easy as some people think, unless it's from Nash tossing him alley-oops. If Dwight gets the ball down low, LeBron would be the most likely candidate to come over and help. Miami was the best team in the league last year at doubling down-low, while being organized enough and athletic enough to recover when the ball was kicked out to the 3point line. I see a similar situation happening with Dwight.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #7842
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Over-under 11 APG for Nash this season coming up?

He's never averaged 12, but he's had five season of +11.

Also, does he catch Kidd before he retires?

Kidd: 11,842
Nash: 9,916
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #7843
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

if he stays healthy in the next 3 years i'm sure he will catch up. did kidd retire?
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #7844

Nope. Kidd now with the knicks
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #7845

i doubt kidd gonna get more assit in knicks even know there melo and stoudamire but melo hog the ball to much and i said nash might avg 12+ with kobe and howard around i said with-in the next 3 4 years he probably gonna pass Jason Kidd
Old 08-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #7846
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

no, if kidd is still playing then nash will have a tough time catching up. based on the numbers above, nash will have to average 7.83 apg and play all 82 games in the coming 3 years just to tie kidd and thats if kidd was retired. it will depend how many more years will kidd play also.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #7847

Well, Kidd is pretty much done IMO....Felton will get the starting role in NY and I'd expect Kidd to average no more than 4.5 apg, and he should retire after this season.

Nash on the other hand feels like he can play at this level for another 5 years and to be honest with you, I wouldn't doubt it. Nash's game completely relies on how crafty he is...The reason why these players get worse as they age is because they lose their athleticism....Nash has never had much of that in the first place - hence why he can't play defense. So with that said, I'd think Nash would pass Kidd in the Assists department.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #7848
Need my Daily Fix of RS

looks like jay triano is going to join the portland trailblazers coaching staff and become the head coach of team canada again. glad to see triano coaching instead of leo rautins.

Jay Triano to join Portland, head Canadian national team | Raptors | Sports | Toronto Sun

Last edited by caronimo; 08-17-2012 at 09:42 AM.
caronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #7849

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ our Canadian kids have made leaps and bounds in the last few years, I'm honestly expecting a very good showing at the next worlds... hopefully the coaching doesn't stunt them.... I count both Routins and Triano as mediocre coaches

came across an article on Dime and I took a quote from it that describes my exact feelings on the difference between MJ, Kobe and LeBron

"Whereas Kobe‘s teammates must think about leading a mutiny at least 13 times a year, meanwhile MJ‘s teammates always had to worry about getting punched in the face.... and LeBron‘s teammates probably feel like tiny plastic army patrols on a giant Risk board"
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #7850

Thunder and Serge Ibaka have reached an agreement on a four-year, $40-million plus extension.