REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #7726
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
yes! i wanted bynum out of LA by any means....

holy fuck Lakers are stacked, Kobe can win a few more chips

i cant wait for next season!!
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #7727
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

holy fuck did not see that happening
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #7728

Kobe and Bynum were my top 2 and I even rock Bynum's jersey! but the thought of Nash/Kobe/Peace/Gasol/Howard eased the pain fairly quick

now... will D12 sign the extension with Lakers and same goes with Bynum with philly
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #7729

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Won't happen.
I don't know man.. it looks like a done deal now lol.. unless the nba declines it again? lol
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #7730
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Oh yeah and we almost forgot the lakers still had gasol :
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #7731
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Love it. Mitch Kupchak turned on god mode again. I'm not that surprise that Jim Bush let Bynum go. There's just no place for him in LA.

Gasol, Howard, Nash and Bryant. Love it!
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #7732

yea like I said before in my earlier posts on the Bynum subject...
he's been acting like a bitch in LA for too many years now, if he was gonna turn into a man he would have already, he stayed a baby and now he's fckin out....

I'm very happy they kept Gasol, now that Dwight is on a team where they got other guys that are real threats to score, he's gonna be able to finally fuckin breathe and not be double teamed every time he even looks at the ball.....

I said before this lockout season started it was the most anticipated season in years for fans, and now this upcoming one has last beat by a mile, fck the only thing that would make this sweeter is if Stern and Silver got booted the fuck out of the head office.... and oh yea Stu Jackson while we at it as well
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #7733

If this gets finalized..

so the magic pretty much traded Howard for Afflalo and Harrington + protected pick from each team
76ers traded iguodala + first for bynum + richardson
Lakers traded Bynum for Howard
nuggets trade afflalo + harrington for Iguodala..

76ers did fairly well on this trade lol
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #7734

I actually think the Sixers lost big on this, I don't think Bynum will ever reach his potential...

Philly lost their two best players... Sweet Lou, and Iggy.... those two dudes were the best players on that team by a mile
Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #7735
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

shit did just get real.. seems like a pretty deadly stack for the lakers
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #7736
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
yea like I said before in my earlier posts on the Bynum subject...
he's been acting like a bitch in LA for too many years now, if he was gonna turn into a man he would have already, he stayed a baby and now he's fckin out....

I'm very happy they kept Gasol, now that Dwight is on a team where they got other guys that are real threats to score, he's gonna be able to finally fuckin breathe and not be double teamed every time he even looks at the ball.....

I said before this lockout season started it was the most anticipated season in years for fans, and now this upcoming one has last beat by a mile, fck the only thing that would make this sweeter is if Stern and Silver got booted the fuck out of the head office.... and oh yea Stu Jackson while we at it as well
it's like you just read my mind

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #7737
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Lakers also getting Duhon and Earl Clark.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #7738
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I don't know man.. it looks like a done deal now lol.. unless the nba declines it again? lol
I said "won't happen" to the deal involving both Bynum and Pau and being shipped out....and there's no reason to veto this trade...the Chris Paul trade made sense to veto for reasons I have already stated in the past.

If Miami loses to any team other than the Lakers, it will be considered a major disappointment.
If LA loses to any team other than the Heat, it will be considered a major disappointment.

Basically, if these 2 teams don't meet in the finals, whichever team fails to get there has underachieved by miles....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #7739
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I will murder whoever veto this.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #7740
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

not too happy with the way things have turned out ...
... i'm happy for steve nash i guess
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #7741
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

"David Stern must be master-bating at the thought of a Lakers/Heat 2013 NBA Finals." - Twitter
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #7742

brb planning trip to Los Angeles to watch lakers

if not portland NBA rs meet!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #7743
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
What in the flying fuck so they managed to keep Gasol and Magic got a bunch of scrubs and picks ... lol ...

NBA is turning into a joke ... it's basically 2 super teams and then the rest of the Association is used for warm up practice for the Finals:
OKC is pretty much the stiffest test they can pose to them.
Boston is old and done.
Spurs: Well you can't ever really count them out with Duncan holding the fort and Popp's running the team but they aren't getting any younger either.
Chicago has not improved AT ALL and Rose recovering from major surgery, they are losing ground in the East.
Mavs: Lost everyone and got nothing back.

Miami's weaknesses the past 2 years have always been at PG and C, Lakers just addressed both those issues in a BIG way!
Steve Nash will make Chalmers look silly.
Howard defended by Pittman and Joel Anthony in the paint?...

In a way that's why although I love basketball ... I prefer to watch the NHL season as a whole more ... it's more exciting, any team can win at anytime, no team ever "dominates" and it's nearly impossible to repeat as Champions because the competition is so diverse even in small market teams like Minnesota and Carolina whereas in the NBA all the "stars" can't wait to GTFO of there! So many prime-donnas ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #7744
Ebisu Boss

Was bored:

In the NBA, the same 8 teams have won repeat Championships in the last 30 years. Only 5 teams in the past 13 years! Of those 8 teams, only 1 (Dallas) has won it once, all 7 other teams have won multiple rings ... The rich get richer ...

For comparisons sake ... the only team to be a repeat winner 10 years in the NHL was Detroit 2002 & 2008, they had 9 different winners in 10 years.

What I'm trying to say is ... spread out the talent! Make ALL the NBA games exciting! It should make the league overall more profitable, who wants to watch games like Bobcats vs Bucks now?... the seats are completely empty... Actually who even wants to watch Lakers vs Toronto?... when you know it's gonna be an absolute blow out?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #7745

Wouldn't be surprise in a few years that all 4 major sports in north america will cut down teams. If you look at sports compare to just 10 years ago, it has no loyalty at all. NONE!!!
Sports is about loyalty and history. Seattle Supersonics who have won 1 championship and a strong base fan shouldn't have moved.

Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, Celtics, New York revenues are shared with shithole like milwakuee, charlotte, new orleans, etc...

Players are doing what they want and getting their way.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #7746
Ebisu Boss

My opinion to fix this issue is to hold the players accountable for their actions, they are the ones that signed these monster contracts in the first place. Then they want to breach their contract by pouting out of the city?... man up and play or risk LOSING money ... how about asking the player to PAY BACK the contract worth or how about benching them and never let them play for the X amount of seasons they are under contract for!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #7747
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
My opinion to fix this issue is to hold the players accountable for their actions, they are the ones that signed these monster contracts in the first place. Then they want to breach their contract by pouting out of the city?... man up and play or risk LOSING money ... how about asking the player to PAY BACK the contract worth or how about benching them and never let them play for the X amount of seasons they are under contract for!
You're misunderstanding the situation....Players are not wanting out of their contracts.....They are simply stating that they will not sign extensions with the current team they play on, so the team is left with the choice to either trade the player or let him walk for nothing....In my opinion, Dwight actually did Orlando a favour by opting into his player option for this year because it bought them more time to get a deal done...but the fact of the matter is that a player can go wherever he wants once he becomes a free agent...Only way to prevent this from happening is probably something like a hard-cap...The new CBA might do something, but that won't be for another few years at least as most of the big free agents signed their big contracts before the new CBA.

It's been this exact same situation for all the big names that did not want to sign an extension with their former teams: Carmelo, CP3, Dwight...

LeBron's situation could have been the same, but he apparently hadn't made 'the decision' yet on whether he wanted to stay or leave...In the end, he ended up leaving, giving Cleveland nothing to show for...That was a HUGE gamble for Cleveland to take, and now that we look at it, we'd obviously say that Cleveland was better off trading him earlier...

Last edited by bballguy; 08-10-2012 at 01:37 AM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #7748

Artest better be practicing his 3 pointers cuz I see him getting a lot of open looks. Then they have Jamison/Barnes/Blake/Hill/Duhon as the core bench.. team is already sounding good. Jamison was a solid pickup for the bench as he can light up the scoreboard too
Old 08-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #7749
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
yes! it was always gonna be bynum for howard in LA, didnt expect bynum not going to magic tho
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I actually think the Sixers lost big on this, I don't think Bynum will ever reach his potential...

Philly lost their two best players... Sweet Lou, and Iggy.... those two dudes were the best players on that team by a mile
Oh, I meant the 6ers did well just on this trade alone. Now, we shall see how Bynum does being the "main" guy on a team.

Their team ain't bad now too.. they got NickYoung to replace William's scoring

Holiday,Turner,T. Young,Lavoy Allen, Bynum.. then N. Young, Hawes,Wright and KWAME BROWN as their core bench
This post thanked by: