REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #7751
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Steve Nash will make Chalmers look silly.
:mybodyisready:
i hate chalmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Artest better be practicing his 3 pointers cuz I see him getting a lot of open looks.
you know ronron...he used to average 18 ppg...he'll let you know that in an interview
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #7752
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Oh, I meant the 6ers did well just on this trade alone. Now, we shall see how Bynum does being the "main" guy on a team.

Their team ain't bad now too.. they got NickYoung to replace William's scoring

Holiday,Turner,T. Young,Lavoy Allen, Bynum.. then N. Young, Hawes,Wright and KWAME BROWN as their core bench
As of right now, I think 76ers did well in this trade, as true centers are EXTREMELY hard to come by nowadays....I think Bynum will be a 20/10 guy, so long as he can stay healthy....I also picture their starting line-up being as follows:

Holiday, Turner, T.Young, Hawes, Bynum......Hawes will get to move to his natural position at PF and he has really developed his game....biggest issue with him is also staying healthy enough to stay on the court...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #7753
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
Steve Nash must of blown his load when he found out about the trade. Talk about perfect timing for him going to the Lakers. I guess Kobe won't be able to hog the ball with Nash dishing it to Howard now as well.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #7754
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Steve Nash must of blown his load when he found out about the trade. Talk about perfect timing for him going to the Lakers. I guess Kobe won't be able to hog the ball with Nash dishing it to Howard now as well.
howard can grab kobe's misses and dunk them
next year is going to be
i can't believe i'm this exited about the lakers

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #7755
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Now. The only piece missing is to bring back Phil Jackson babyyy. Lol. I wish odom came back to for more bench support but o well.

Has mark Cuban been interviewed yet about this deal lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #7756
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,239 Times in 571 Posts
Gonna cheer for LAL this year cause of Nash! Hope he gets a ring this year!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #7757

It's official babyyyyyy.

So when will rose and durant team up
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #7758
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Damn...Lakers so stack now, nash can play blindfolded and pass to whoever he wants.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #7759
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #7760
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
I don't feel bad for fcking Ramon Shitsoons at all.. test the fking market my ass... they don't need your sorry ass...

Lakers sign Meeks to a 2 year contract... addition to the bench

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #7761
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
It's official babyyyyyy.

So when will rose and durant team up
Rose is a bulls for life hometown boy but seems injury prone... I hope westbrook goes A lakers and durant go houston or something. Yes im biter about sonics moving.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #7762
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Gonna cheer for LAL this year cause of Nash! Hope he gets a ring this year!
Cheering for Nash. But Dwight Howard ...
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #7763
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

OKC is still a better team than LAL.

Its funny how everyone is already jumping ship (referring to annoying people on facebook aka fair weather fans)... it started with Lakers -> Chicago -> Dallas -> OKC -> Lakers

Heat 2013
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #7764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo View Post
OKC is still a better team than LAL.

Its funny how everyone is already jumping ship (referring to annoying people on facebook aka fair weather fans)... it started with Lakers -> Chicago -> Dallas -> OKC -> Lakers

Heat 2013
C'mon man...no way you can say that OKC is better than LA.....Lakers biggest weakness is Nash's defense which Howard more than makes up for anyway.... & with Nash running the offense now, that team got 100x better even without Howard...

but yes, I agree: Heat 2013
Old 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #7765

Charlotte Bobcats 2013

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 08-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #7766
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Was bored:

In the NBA, the same 8 teams have won repeat Championships in the last 30 years. Only 5 teams in the past 13 years! Of those 8 teams, only 1 (Dallas) has won it once, all 7 other teams have won multiple rings ... The rich get richer ...

For comparisons sake ... the only team to be a repeat winner 10 years in the NHL was Detroit 2002 & 2008, they had 9 different winners in 10 years.

What I'm trying to say is ... spread out the talent! Make ALL the NBA games exciting! It should make the league overall more profitable, who wants to watch games like Bobcats vs Bucks now?... the seats are completely empty... Actually who even wants to watch Lakers vs Toronto?... when you know it's gonna be an absolute blow out?
Would be boring as hell to watch. You do realize terrible teams who made terrible management decision have already been awarded season after season with high draft picks?

Do I agree that all should pitch in to spread the talent and help management like David Kahn or Michael Jordan wins some Larry O'Brien? No.

Do I want to watch a bunch of Denver Nuggets? No. I would rather watch the NCAA. There, talents is spread out and kids play hard ALL the time.

The NHL
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #7767
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
When are Lakers ticket coming out? I gotta get ahold of Sun 27 vs Oklahoma City tickets!

edit: Tickets will go on-sale to the public on September 22nd, 2012. More details about the public on-sale will posted once it is finalized. This page will be updated with the details.

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 08-10-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #7768
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

no love for the nuggets? they got so much better with the addition of Iguodala.

lawson
Iguodala
Gallinari
Faried
Mcgee

Chandler
Miller
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #7769

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ gotdang, that's a lovely lineup right there....

AND YES FINALLY NASH CAN WIN HIS CHIP !!!
maybe more than one who knows..... I refuse to believe Nash will bring the Lakers anything less than a chip this season, the only thing I see possibly going wrong is Kobe alpha maleing this shit and shooting the Lakers out of games.... big possibility of that happening, but I hope his chase for more rings will put his ego in check
Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #7770

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ gotdang, that's a lovely lineup right there....

AND YES FINALLY NASH CAN WIN HIS CHIP !!!
maybe more than one who knows..... I refuse to believe Nash will bring the Lakers anything less than a chip this season, the only thing I see possibly going wrong is Kobe alpha maleing this shit and shooting the Lakers out of games.... big possibility of that happening, but I hope his chase for more rings will put his ego in check
So you think it's impossible for Miami to beat them? You think that, under the condition that Kobe doesn't be a ball-hog, it's a given that Lakers will win and nothing any other team does can slow them down?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #7771

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #7772
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Lol there is a token white guy on the USA olympic basketball team ( Kevin Love )

Anyways, why the hell are the opposing countries bothering to face off against the dream team.

Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Westbrook, and that unibrow guy.

You'll need at least 30 white guys on each player to even stand a chance. Might as well quit and spare yourself the humiliation.
G-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #7773
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You're misunderstanding the situation....Players are not wanting out of their contracts.....They are simply stating that they will not sign extensions with the current team they play on, so the team is left with the choice to either trade the player or let him walk for nothing....In my opinion, Dwight actually did Orlando a favour by opting into his player option for this year because it bought them more time to get a deal done...but the fact of the matter is that a player can go wherever he wants once he becomes a free agent...Only way to prevent this from happening is probably something like a hard-cap...The new CBA might do something, but that won't be for another few years at least as most of the big free agents signed their big contracts before the new CBA.
They don't have to make a big fuss about it, it would have been much easier and respectful to the team if they did all this behind closed doors. The value of Howard went straight to the gutter as soon as he admitted he wants out, just look at what Magic got back in this trade? ... scrubs and low draft picks for the top center in the league! Hence the reason I despise LBJ (can't deny his talent but he's still a moron) ... why keep the Cavs in the dark until the very last possible minute and then crush their hopes?... what ever happened to loyalty and respect? A city that poured their hearts out for him for 8 years and he couldn't even give them the decency of letting them know he wants to play else where, or give them a chance to at least trade him for some picks. Instead he rips their hearts out. Now look at Cavs, basement dwellers of the NBA for years to come ... I feel sorry for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Would be boring as hell to watch. You do realize terrible teams who made terrible management decision have already been awarded season after season with high draft picks?
What's the point of awarding them all these high picks when the PLAYERS that are drafted don't even want to play for that team??

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-nerd View Post
Lol there is a token white guy on the USA olympic basketball team ( Kevin Love )

Anyways, why the hell are the opposing countries bothering to face off against the dream team.

Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Westbrook, and that unibrow guy.

You'll need at least 30 white guys on each player to even stand a chance. Might as well quit and spare yourself the humiliation.
First of all they are NOT the Dream Team, not even close, as Sir Charlies put it best:
"This team would crush the Dream Team by 70 points ..... IF WE PLAYED TODAY!"
As for the rest of your post ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #7774

Quote:
They don't have to make a big fuss about it, it would have been much easier and respectful to the team if they did all this behind closed doors. The value of Howard went straight to the gutter as soon as he admitted he wants out, just look at what Magic got back in this trade? ... scrubs and low draft picks for the top center in the league! Hence the reason I despise LBJ (can't deny his talent but he's still a moron) ... why keep the Cavs in the dark until the very last possible minute and then crush their hopes?... what ever happened to loyalty and respect? A city that poured their hearts out for him for 8 years and he couldn't even give them the decency of letting them know he wants to play else where, or give them a chance to at least trade him for some picks. Instead he rips their hearts out. Now look at Cavs, basement dwellers of the NBA for years to come ... I feel sorry for them.
First off, the players honestly don't owe the fans shit...fans watch the game because they find it entertaining and that's what the players get paid for: to entertain the fans.....secondly, things can only be kept behind closed doors for so long....their's far too many Insiders involved that information is bound to leak eventually....Thirdly, Cleveland knew that there was a chance that LBJ might leave and they made that decision to hold onto him....that was a risk they were willing to take and there's nothing more to it....and that's funny - you "feel sorry" for Cleveland now that they are the "basement dwellers of the NBA".....You didn't feel sorry for LeBron when he was single-handedly taking his team deep in the playoffs every year while having guys like Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao as #2 and #3 guys? For 8 years, Cleveland management didn't give him shit....Even Mike Brown couldn't do shit for him....Horrible coach...

Quote:
First of all they are NOT the Dream Team, not even close, as Sir Charlies put it best:
"This team would crush the Dream Team by 70 points ..... IF WE PLAYED TODAY!"
As for the rest of your post ...
Honestly, after watching these guys play, they could definitely compete, and maybe even beat the Dreamteam....I used to be the same way as you in that I'd say 'no chance in hell' could they compete....but I honestly think this squad is up to the same level...

but I agree with you on "As for the rest of your post ... "
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #7775
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-nerd View Post

Wtf, are u retarted?that's not an ordinary token white guy. That's Kevin Love.. He probably the best player in the paint and a 3 point shooting champ. They aren't invincible. They had a few close calls with some "white" team. Don't compare them to dream team.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote