REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #8526
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
That was no Face hit. It's just a regular shooting foul. Not even a flagrant foul. We have seen worse than that.
What a bunch of wussies. Rondo is just upset that he was shut down and losing to the Nets.
It will be interesting to see what kind of punishment the league will dish out to the players involved in the brawl. Yeah, the Humphries foul wasn't a MWP elbow to Harden's head type of foul.

-still liked the fact that Rondo stuck up for his teammate. Rondo did overreact with the shoving. -just yell at Mr. Ex-Kardashian instead. Why did Rondo have to shove Humphries and put himself at risk of an ejection?
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #8527
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It will be interesting to see what kind of punishment the league will dish out to the players involved in the brawl. Yeah, the Humphries foul wasn't a MWP elbow to Harden's head type of foul.

-still liked the fact that Rondo stuck up for his teammate. Rondo did overreact with the shoving. -just yell at Mr. Ex-Kardashian instead. Why did Rondo have to shove Humphries and put himself at risk of an ejection?
cuz Rondo has been infected with the KG "cock-in-my -ass" virus? I am glad Ray Ray left their sorry asses. Rondo is great, but this stonecold killer shit gotta stop.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #8528
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Kris Humphries shoves KG in the face with his left hand when Garnett is trying to make a shot. That's a bonehead move by this dude.

Props to Rondo for sticking up for his team mate. That's Celtic pride!
If a dude did that to one of my friends on the court, there would be payback. Maybe not what Rondo did in retaliation, but a definite physical response.
No bro, just no. Stop listening to the homer commentator. That was a regular shooting foul.

What "stuck up for his teammates" He was just a little touchy because his team was down by like what 20?
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #8529
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

F the celtics
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #8530
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I fucking hate the celtics
Posted via RS Mobile
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #8531
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Derek Fisher agrees to deal with Dallas Mavericks - ESPN Dallas

Apparently he wants to play for a "contender". Dude couldn't embrace his disastrous seasons with LA and OKC as a sign for retirement.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #8532
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Kris Humphries shoves KG in the face with his left hand when Garnett is trying to make a shot. That's a bonehead move by this dude.

Props to Rondo for sticking up for his team mate. That's Celtic pride!
If a dude did that to one of my friends on the court, there would be payback. Maybe not what Rondo did in retaliation, but a definite physical response.
He barely fucking touched him....watch it again closely...and if I was Humphries, I'll do that over and over and over again if it means Rondo gets ejected....But then again, like I said, he hardly touched him....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #8533
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I don't think Humpries deserves a suspension... Guess Rondo was pissed that he got horribly blocked by Humpries on a drive in one of the previous plays =D. On the other hand, I assume Gerald Wallace might also get a suspension for charging in right at Garnett after the play.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #8534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
I don't think Humpries deserves a suspension... Guess Rondo was pissed that he got horribly blocked by Humpries on a drive in one of the previous plays =D. On the other hand, I assume Gerald Wallace might also get a suspension for charging in right at Garnett after the play.
Why on earth would Humphries even be considered for suspension.....

Two nights in a row that the best player in the world has been made look stupid:

Oh and look at that G-Spec, Chauncey Billups inserted into the starting line-up right away, first game back, plays 19 minutes, while your 6th man of the year, Bledsoe, gets 14.......We're still doing this jersey bet, right?...hope you don't back out now because I'd love me a fresh one of these at the end of the season:

Last edited by bballguy; 11-28-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #8535
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I dont get how garnet didnt get ejected for pretty much throwing wallace's head
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #8536
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I just got home at 11 from drop in ball at Centennial, still watching the Clippers replay but yea I see the stats. You were smart to count on Del Negro's stupidity, if anything is gonna fck me over it will be exactly that. I assumed common sense would prevail, and that he likes and wants to keep his job, but apparently not.. I don't know of any coach who would do shit like this, take a guy who's been producing at a high level, and just give his minutes away to someone who hasn't played in a year, in his FIRST fckin game back. Willie Green was a DNP so his minutes are totally gone.... I don't even wanna know what happens when Hill gets back.

No I'm still sticking with Bledsoe, I think Del Negro will be fired sometime this season before the deadline is up. I see the recent Clippers losing streak is mostly in part to him not adjusting after the rest of the league saw exactly what made the Clips sucessful and made their adjustments when playing the Clips accordingly.... and Vinny hasn't responded yet, he still can't figure it out, I mean they barely beat Minnesota tonight

I caught a bit of the Portland Washington game earlier tonight before I headed out to ball, they were rockin the alternate jerseys you posted, they do look slick, I still prefer the Rip City ones though
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #8537

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I just got home at 11 from drop in ball at Centennial, still watching the Clippers replay but yea I see the stats. You were smart to count on Del Negro's stupidity, if anything is gonna fck me over it will be exactly that. I assumed common sense would prevail, and that he likes and wants to keep his job, but apparently not.. I don't know of any coach who would do shit like this, take a guy who's been producing at a high level, and just give his minutes away to someone who hasn't played in a year, in his FIRST fckin game back. Willie Green was a DNP so his minutes are totally gone.... I don't even wanna know what happens when Hill gets back.

No I'm still sticking with Bledsoe, I think Del Negro will be fired sometime this season before the deadline is up. I see the recent Clippers losing streak is mostly in part to him not adjusting after the rest of the league saw exactly what made the Clips sucessful and made their adjustments when playing the Clips accordingly.... and Vinny hasn't responded yet, he still can't figure it out, I mean they barely beat Minnesota tonight

I caught a bit of the Portland Washington game earlier tonight before I headed out to ball, they were rockin the alternate jerseys you posted, they do look slick, I still prefer the Rip City ones though
So our bet is on, brah?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #8538
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Rondo was only 1 game away from surpassing Stockton for straight double assist games. What a stupid way to end the streak.

Did pastarocket just compared Humpries foul to MWP?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #8539
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

that cross on the truth is too dirty my god!
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #8540

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
So our bet is on, brah?
Since when were you on the bet? I thought u'd back out if you have the same pick as the original guy... i'm pretty sure he was choosing Crawford too.. lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #8541
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
OKC vs HOU gonna be a good game,

Rumors: Harden got shipped out because he was getting too close with Ibaka's girlfriend Keri Hilson during pre-season and it was getting heated in the locker room...
Serge tappin Keri huh? Lucky guy
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #8542
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
that cross on the truth is too dirty my god!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #8543

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Since when were you on the bet? I thought u'd back out if you have the same pick as the original guy... i'm pretty sure he was choosing Crawford too.. lol
C'mon brah, lemme have dis one, you do the DeAndre Jordan vs OJ Mayo for Most Improved award - you're pretty much a lock to win that one too.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #8544

Yea the bet is still on, but like I said we're not doing ROY and MVP of regular season, those are too easy, it's pretty obvious gonna be LeBron and Lillard.

So this is what it is right now

Quote:
6th Man - Eric Bledsoe
Most Improved - D'Andre Jordan
DPOY - Serge Ibaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
6th Man - Ryan Anderson
Most Improved - OJ Mayo
DPOY - Serge Ibaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
Most Improved - OJ Mayo
DPOY - Dwight Howard

So my opinion from what I see so far with these picks, Dwight Howard is not winning DPOY this year for obvious reasons, I do like how Jon followed me in picking Ibaka though cuz he's winning it.
Jamal Crawford was on a tear so far in the season, but the recent Clippers losing streak is due to other teams adjusting to the Clippers and their most recent opponents have managed to slow him down significantly, so he's been struggling but he'll adjust. I think he'll be on and off the rest of the season for this exact reason.
Ryan Anderson is on a team that has Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers and Eric Gordon, this is their future, this is who that team is trying to mold this is where they want to see the ball 99% of the time. I see absolutely no way Anderson will get anything other than the same type of leftover buckets he used to get in Orlando when guys would kick and dish, basically spot up shooting. You can't win most improved on spot up shooting.

OJ Mayo is doing well now, averaging close to 20 a game, big reason is because he's playing the most minutes on the team. They give him lots of minutes because they need scoring right now, but when Dirk gets back, the offense will run through him so OJ's buckets will drop to probably just over 10 a game and other than scoring, he does literally shit all, assists ? they got Collison and Beubois for that.
I'm tempted to say that OJ will continue to be getting lots of touches when Dirk gets back because you would think they wanna build for the future, but Dirk is still the man there and holds way too much sway for anything less than him being THE team until he retires.

I'm with you on the Mayo thing though, I wish they would realize Dirk's time is done unfortunately and they should focus on Mayo, Collison and Roddy, because that's their future. But this season the two guys that the offense will pretty much go through is Nowitzki and Kaman.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #8545

someone posted this in the fcked up thread, and even though it's fckin Pierce, it still shows Jo Jo has leftover handles from is Iso Joe days, I always thought he was a sick offensive SF, it's why I try and model my midrange game after his... dribble dribble, pull up!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #8546
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Yea the bet is still on, but like I said we're not doing ROY and MVP of regular season, those are too easy, it's pretty obvious gonna be LeBron and Lillard...
Even though Lillard has been playing great basketball, I wouldnt count out Davis just yet. Theres just to much hype and attention for Davis esp after playing in the olympics that it would be hard for him not to win . Also its still fairly early in the season.
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #8547

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo View Post
Even though Lillard has been playing great basketball, I wouldnt count out Davis just yet. Theres just to much hype and attention for Davis esp after playing in the olympics that it would be hard for him not to win . Also its still fairly early in the season.
I wouldn't count Davis out yet either, but I think all 3 of us making the bet would choose Lillard for ROY....or maybe not; I think G-Spec might still be high off Drummond.

Last edited by bballguy; 11-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #8548

yea Lillard will win the ROY simply because he's a PG and will have the ball in his hands so he'll be able to stuff the stat sheet. Plus Portland will actually make the playoffs and where your team stands at the end of the season plays a pretty big role in the votes.
The Hornets won't even make the playoffs even if Eric Gordon comes back and plays well.
On that subject as well, that's another big negative against Davis the fact that Gordon will be back. Not saying Gordon will take his playing time, just saying he will have about 50% of the Hornets ball possessions.

Davis is a garbage bucket player right now, and he's very good at that, but he's not a guy you can set up plays for and watch him go to work. He'll follow your misses, make the right cuts and rolls to get his hoops, but compare that to someone like Lillard who has a ridiculous amount of skill in every single category that a PG should have, all this makes Lillard a much better player right now, but all the experts look at Davis and speak on him the way they do is because of his potential and his ceiling, it's very high.
I was never high on Davis I spoke on that some pages back, even when he reaches his ceiling he could be a Dwight Howard type, and I personally am not a fan of that type of game, it ain't my thing. I grew up watching skilled big men that can do things for themselves, guys like Derrick Coleman, Kevin Garnett.... so guys that need someone else to do half the work, that doesn't impress me.

And as far as Drummond I have very good reason to be high on him, I judge players by what I see when I watch them play, and what I see from Drummond is he just comes in and balls the fck out no questions asked, like a machine. But if you aren't able to watch a Pistons game, I ain't mad brah, nobody wants to watch the Pistons lol. So let's do stats then, I'll post pre-season stats here because that's when everyone was getting pretty even playing time so this shows extremely well how each player would perform if they were given similar minutes, so let's do a comparison with the Pistons current star Monroe

Greg Monroe -- 213 mins 26mpg// 48 rebounds// 107 points// 3 blocks// 22 turnovers// 50% FG's

Dre Drummond - 132 mins 16mpg// 47 rebounds// 72 points// 11 blocks// 8 turnovers// 62% FG's

Look at what he's able to do in almost half the minutes!!
I have no doubt in my mind if given the playing time Drummond would be right there with the ROY running with Lillard and Davis.... but he isn't getting the time, nor is he on a team that will have a respectable record

ok enuff of that, the HEAT SPURS GAME IS ON ! gonna be a good one

Last edited by G-spec; 11-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #8549
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Pop trolling or just resting his players

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green did not travel with the team after Wednesday night’s win in Orlando.

The Spurs were already without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson.

not 100% sure on the validity of my source but I bet the game anyhow
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #8550

^ yea I'm watching Shaq, Kenny & C Webb discussing it right now in the pregame TNT show...... know what's about to be teh shit though, they just said that lame-o Craig Sager will NOT be doing the halftime interview of Popovich, but instead the Round Mound of Rebound himself will be doing the honors !

haha fck this is gonna be epic, Chuck is gonna go balls out as usual