REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #10426
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Knicks need consistency, if they are gonna rely on the 3 ball and live and die by it, they need to develop a better system of getting better looks at 3.... like what Dwight Howard did for the Magic few years back, down low kick out, down low kick out, something useful something proper.....
Not the makeshift system they rely on, the quick skip passes and quick releases of Smith and others to get their 3's off, that shit is literally guaranteed to fail come playoff time, you just can't rely on 3 point looks like it's a fckin rec league game, it's the NBA...

Pacers will give Miami a nice run, I will thoroughly enjoy watching LeBron working on the youngin with two first names, Pauly George.... and hopefully Wade's kneecap can stay stuck in place so we can see some vintage Wade, he just can't seem to get healthy it seems, looks like all those years of literally goin hard in the paint are starting to catch up to him. I think we should all be amazed he was able to ride it so long, he like 31 now or somethin.
Out west, Spurs and Grizz gonna be a grindfest, won't be fun basketball to watch if you're a casual fun, but will definitely be interesting for true fans of the game
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #10427
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Hibbert's block on Melo last night was a thing of beauty, the timing and the Pacers getting the ball back.

Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #10428
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
looks like we got ourselves a ball game.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #10429

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
looks like we got ourselves a ball game.
o ok
Old 05-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #10430
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #10431

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #10432

LOLLAKERZ!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #10433
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Fcking Phil.

I bought his new book.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #10434

^ Have fun with all the Kobe and Michael comparisons...

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #10435

his books are pretty entertainning. And he is probably the only guy in this life qualified enough to attempt such comparison.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #10436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
he is probably the only guy in this life qualified enough to attempt such comparison.
Posted via RS Mobile
Amen
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #10437

Miller time brah.... I'm swamped with work haven't had time to stop by post office, but I'll send it out to you end of this week..... btw he sent me an XS because he said the retros fit like 2 sizes bigger, my Kobe retro is a M and it fits like an XL, they wider and longer than regular jerseys. I opened it up and put it up next to me, looks fairly snug and good length on me so it should be a perfect size for you, a S would have been too wide and too long....

Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Miller time brah.... I'm swamped with work haven't had time to stop by post office, but I'll send it out to you end of this week..... btw he sent me an XS because he said the retros fit like 2 sizes bigger, my Kobe retro is a M and it fits like an XL, they wider and longer than regular jerseys. I opened it up and put it up next to me, looks fairly snug and good length on me so it should be a perfect size for you, a S would have been too wide and too long....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH I'M PRETTY DAMN EXCITED BRAH!!

Kinda sucks though, cuz I can't wear it for like another 2 weeks!!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #10439

props to Gspec for following through with the bets..

And does anyone know why the fuk the ECF doesn't start til tomorrow? It's already game 2 tonight for the spurs/grizz and they haven't started yet./
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #10440

looks like Del Negro is officially out as the Clippers' head coach... any guesses for his replacement?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #10441

Stan Van Gundy would be a smart choice IMO.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #10442

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
And does anyone know why the fuk the ECF doesn't start til tomorrow? It's already game 2 tonight for the spurs/grizz and they haven't started yet./
Indy only finished the 2nd round on Saturday.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #10443

El Jeffe Del Negero is gone..... schaweeeeet..... I still got my fingers crossed for Jerry Sloan, but SVG would be kickass too... he's in the PG state of mind, which would be good for Chris like it was good for Jameer all those years.... SVG being a PG himself off course, lol

bballguy, when I ship it it will most likely get delivered to you on the same day, I'll most likely ship it out friday should finish my project by then, you'll probably have it this weekend..... you could have had it today but blame my wifey, she had a day off I left it on the table for her to take cuz she was going to the mall anyway, just txted me that she forgot to grab it

Last edited by G-spec; 05-21-2013 at 12:40 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #10444

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers do not yet know Dwight Howard's decision for next season, but the All-Star center made his feelings about Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni known before starting his offseason.

Nearly three weeks have passed since Howard had his exit interview with the Lakers and there's been barely a peep out of Howard since.

While he hasn't had anything to say to the press, Howard had a lot to say to Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak back before the relative silence, however.

Howard was one of several Lakers -- Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol being the most noteworthy -- to have an extended separate meeting with the GM after his exit interview with both Kupchak and D'Antoni, multiple sources confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, part of the discussion between Howard and Kupchak centered around Howard's frustration with D'Antoni -- particularly how the center felt marginalized as the coach looked to Bryant and Steve Nash for leadership and suggestions and discounted Howard's voice.

Every player was afforded the opportunity to meet with Kupchak individually after D'Antoni left the room, but few spent as much time as Howard and Kupchak did together. Antawn Jamison also had a separate meeting with Kupchak without D'Antoni present, but that was because of a scheduling conflict.

Kupchak left the meeting with Howard undeterred, telling reporters he was "hopeful" and "optimistic" that Howard would be back with the Lakers next season and beyond, yet there have been several developments in the last couple weeks that could have an effect on Howard's decision.

D'Antoni chose not to retain assistant coach Chuck Person, a Howard confidant, on his staff for next season. Also, Lakers assistant coach Steve Clifford, who was with Howard in Orlando for five seasons before both of them came to L.A. last year, has become a hot head coaching candidate, interviewing with Milwaukee and receiving interest from Charlotte.

One source described the potential departure of Clifford, coupled with the loss of Person as "removing the buffers," between Howard and D'Antoni, "which is a bad thing."

Howard has not conducted any interviews since the standard exit interview with the press and has only tweeted six times in that span -- one tweet containing a silly tongue twister joke, two tweets from a '50s-style theme restaurant, two sponsored tweet promoting contact lenses and one tweet on Mother's Day -- so there have been no public clues about what decision the pending free agent will make.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Lakers Index. Blog

Howard is currently on vacation in the meantime as the days tick by on the six weeks remaining until free agency officially begins.

Bryant addressed the uncertainty surrounding Howard on Monday, tweeting, "Interesting off season looming.. Will spend time with d12 #stay and talk with the Buss family in hopes that Pau stays as well #my2cents"

Howard can sign a five-year, $118 million max-level extension to stay in L.A. come July 1. The most he could receive if he were to leave is a four-year deal worth $87.6 million.

The $30.4 million more the Lakers can offer over any other competitor is certainly an advantage L.A. is banking on when it comes time for Howard to choose, however the economics aren't as swayed towards the Lakers as it would appear.

Two of the teams that will covet Howard's services the most this summer -- the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks -- are located in Texas, where there is no income tax. Howard would still have to pay taxes on road games and other taxes, such as property taxes in Texas tend to be higher than in other states, and the endorsement opportunities in Houston could be less than they are in L.A., yet still, the salary difference doesn't seem to bother Howard.

Houston has become an attractive destination for Howard for several other reasons, according to a source. For starters, Howard has gotten to know the Houston area, as well as the history of the franchise, from working out with Rockets Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon two summers ago. Furthermore, the 27-year-old Howard is intrigued by the possibility of growing his game alongside a fellow All-Star on the rise in James Harden, who turns 24 in August.

Howard is expected to entertain the free-agency process and hear competing offers from Houston, Dallas and others, multiple sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com. Cleveland and Atlanta are teams that will also be vying for Howard, among other suitors.

The question remains as to how much of a hurdle D'Antoni's presence could prove to be in Howard's chances of remaining a Laker.

"We had to just sell out to whatever he wanted, whether we liked it or not," Howard said of D'Antoni following his exit interview. "We had to do what was going to benefit the team, and being one of the leaders on the team, I had to make sure I kept the guys in line to what the coach wanted us to do."

A source said Howard was very careful with his public comments about D'Antoni after the season, wary of attracting a "coach killer reputation" after how things ended in Orlando with Stan Van Gundy losing his job. Despite the frustration Howard had with D'Antoni last season, there is nothing to suggest the partnership is irreparable. "It's not a, 'It's me or Mike,' situation for Dwight," said a source.

Kupchak did not seem worried about any potential rift between player and coach.

"I think Dwight likes winning, he likes performing at a high level," Kupchak said. "I think he's fine with Mike D'Antoni, but I'm not really concerned if players like a coach, so I don't ask that question. Our coaches are evaluated by wins and losses."

Kupchak was further pressed about the possibility of a coaching change being dictated by a player.

"This organization has a precedent with that kind of a situation and I think we learned our lesson," Kupchak said, referring to when Paul Westhead was fired in the early '80s and the decision was tied to Magic Johnson's wishes. Whether that was the real story or not, both Johnson and the Lakers organization took a hit for how it was perceived.
Dwight to Houston...book it

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #10445
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Dwight to Houston...book it
Doubt it, he will be laker next season, he likes attention.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #10446

What the lakers need to do are changes.. Gasol is one of the best big but it's time to cut ties IMO.

Trade gasol for a kobe replacement while he's out or maybe a sign and trade with the hawks for Josh smith...then re-sign d12... I definitely wouldn't mind a front court of Smoove/Howard

Then they definitely need to fix up their fng bench.. I think i heard they had the worst bench production this year.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #10447

They need a coach who wouldnt park gasol on the elbow and make him shoot jump shots....

Mike is too stubborn to change his goddamn system.

And there's nothing to book about Dwight. Mitch is smart enough he would be very generous in accomodating Dwight's wish.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #10448

Well this game just got interesting...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #10449

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Grizzlies!!! Allen faked that play good. Didn't seem like he hit his head...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #10450